Trump Attorney: The President Is Not Under Investigation

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 6 years ago

“Let me be clear here. The president is not and has not been under investigation for obstruction." said Jay Sekulow, a member of the president’s legal team. 

I'm not sure everyone in the US or in these forums realizes that President Trump is not under investigation and never has been under an investigation.

"He's not afraid of the investigation — there is no investigation," Sekulow said, adding, "there is not an investigation of the President of the United States, period."
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-h … on-n773751

There is no investigation of President Trump!

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

He might want to tell Trump that. Oh, he probably did, but Trump was too busy watching TV to pay attention.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
      I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt
      6:07 AM - 16 Jun 2017
        46,322 46,322 Retweets

colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sekulow claimed the president wasn’t referring to an actual investigation in the message, but instead a news report about one.

“The tweet from the president was in response to the five anonymous sources purportedly leaking information to the Washington Post,” he said, referring to the Post’s report this week that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the election now also includes a look at whether President Trump attempted to obstruct justice.

Sekulow claimed the president is not spending a lot of time composing the tweets, but defended them as a means of speaking directly to voters, saying "he's responding to what he's seeing in the media in a way in which he thinks is appropriate to talk to those people that put him in office."

"He's not afraid of the investigation — there is no investigation," Sekulow said, adding, "there is not an investigation of the President of the United States, period."

On "Face The Nation" on CBS, Sekulow clarified that he's so confident that there isn't any investigation into the president because they have not received any notification from the special counsel's office.

The attorney on "Meet The Press" Sunday also acknowledged that the president was aware that firing James Comey as FBI director could extend the entire time frame of the investigation into Russia.

"He said that if, in light of all of this, the removal of James Comey would lengthen the amount of time that this investigation would take — he thought it was in the best interest of the American people," Sekulow said. "He was fully aware that if in fact he took this action, he would see a lengthening or could see a lengthening of the process."

President Trump continued to refer to what he feels is a "witch hunt" against him in another slew of new tweets Sunday morning, writing that it is a distraction from the rest of his priorities: "The MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN agenda is doing very well despite the distraction of the Witch Hunt. Many new jobs, high business enthusiasm,.....massive regulation cuts, 36 new legislative bills signed, great new S.C.Justice, and Infrastructure, Healthcare and Tax Cuts in works!"

Also on Sunday's "Meet The Press," Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., noted that “one thing we’ve learned from the testimony of multiple people now is the president is pretty fired up about this" and doesn't believe that he did anything wrong. And the president “wants people to say that," he said.

Rubio is a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is doing its own probe into Russian election interference. He maintained that the president’s actions won’t prevent any of the investigations from proceeding, and that getting to the bottom of what happened would benefit all involved, including Trump.

"This is is going to move forward," he said. "We're going to get the full truth out there. And I repeat, I believe that is the best thing that can happen for the president and for this administration, is for everything to come out. And I believe that it will."
        http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-h … on-n773751

1. profile image0

Like I said, Honest Don would rather listen to the teevee than his advisors. More commercial breaks and less thinkin''.

2. colorfulone profile image79

Some of the times the Imama Obama claimed innocence, as pointed out by both Bongino and former CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson:

1) Fast and Furious: When asked about the gun-running scandal that resulted in the death of border agent Brian Terry in 2010, President Obama told reporters on Oct. 11, 2011, “I heard on the news about this story, that, uh, Fast and Furious.”

2) NSA spying on foreign leaders: President Obama said he didn't know his administration was spying on foreign leaders like German Chancellor Angela Merkel. He told the press on Oct. 28, 2013 that, “I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the IG report before the IG report had been leaked through the press.”

3) The General David Petraeus sex scandal: Petraeus, then the director of the Central Intelligence Agency, was forced to resign in Nov. 2012 after news surfaced that he was having an affair with his biographer. The White House repeatedly refused to answer questions about when the President was finally briefed about Petraeus' situation.

4) The IRS's targeting of conservative groups: President Obama told the media in May 2013 that he first learned about the IRS's improper targeting “from the same news reports that I think most people learned about this. I think it was on Friday.”

5) The Justice Department's wiretapping of AP and Fox News reporters: When asked about the secret seizure of reporters' phone records, Obama spokesperson Jay Carney told the media that the president “found out about the news reports, uh, yesterday on the road.”

6) The Department of Veterans' Affairs healthcare 'waiting list' scandal: The White House appeared to be in the dark about the waiting list scandal and cover-up related to medical care for the country's military vets. Then-Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters that, “We learned about them through the reports. I will double check if that is not the case. But that is when we learned about them.”

7) The Unauthorized Air Force One photo-op: New York City residents were panicked when, in April 2009, Air Force One — sans President Obama — flew over the Statue of Liberty for a pre-scheduled photo-op. Obama's response: “It was something that, uh, we found out about, uh, along with all of you.”

I guess Obama was left out the intelligence loop? 
    Or, he was the liar-in-chief?

1. profile image0

Aaaannd....the pivot to Obama. I didn't see Clinton in there, though. You must be slippin.'

2. ptosis profile image66
      ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

OK, I got that. We let O off the hook, should do the same for T.

3. colorfulone profile image79

Someone pivoted to teevee, advisers and the less thinkin.
    Just trying to keep up a little.
    Now Clinton is brought into the conversion...pivot.
    Okey-dokey!

I sure do like that Jay Sekulow, and I am glad he is on President Trump's legal team.

Anything fruitful to add?  Never mind, I already know the answer.

1. profile image0

Fruitful. Believe it or not, I really don't care whether or not Trump is personally under investigation. All I want is a thorough investigation of the Russian meddling in the election to find the truth of the matter. That is it.

Now, you would think that is what Trump, the president of our country, would want, too, but he seems to be almost exclusively preoccupied with his own situation, with no interest in finding out what Russia may have done. Very peculiar and the opposite of what a true leader would be doing. It is clear he has no interest in letting the investigation play out until the truth is revealed, for some odd reason.

Just my "fruitful" observation.

In the real world President Trump has been very busy with his agenda. He has been accomplishing a great deal of things and putting many things into place for the coming months and years. 
        *   https://www.whitehouse.gov/

You should turn off the volume on your teevee and watch what is going on instead, or just shut the thing off...its not good for you.  You seem detached (added) disconnected.

The President isn't worried ... he is watching the swamp eat themselves alive.  If there is ever any evidence of what Russia did...then I will be interested.  Until then that is not even a part of my psyche.  'May haves' don't mean a thing.  I'd rather focus on all the good Trump is doing, which you don't seem to know anything about.  And, all the good Putin has been doing fighting the war on ISIS.

1. ptosis profile image66
          ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

He tweets in a way in which he thinks is appropriate ... And that's the problem. On Father's Day , 7 dead in USN & Doofus Donnie tweets about how great polls are above Congress .... Which is no big feat since cockroaches have higher ratings than Congress.

1. profile image0
            ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Trump Tweets because the media is too biased to be objective .
            Big deal .

I read the President's tweets and follow the time line, and don't listen to people's obvious bias interpretations.

4. peoplepower73 profile image89
    peoplepower73posted 6 years ago

Colorfulone:  We thank you for all of your efforts about Obama.  But what you stated has nothing to do with what Trump and company are being investigated for:

1. Obstruction of justice.  (just like Nixon in Watergate)
    2. Collusion with the Russians, meddling with our election process.
    3. In violation of the emolument article of the constitution. Where the president is benefiting from his foreign business deals.

Yes, he is not under investigation yet, just like Nixon was not under investigation, until evidence showed that he tried to obstruct justice and a payoff to those who tried to cover it up.

There is a difference of a process of  investigations  and being called in under oath to testify for your charges. So you can make false equivalence statement all you want, but the facts should speak for themselves.

The ACLJ's Jay Sekulow says as of today, they have not received any notification that the President is being investigated.  Its a distraction, plain and simple.  Trump has not been charged with anything!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Z4Snwf7I8

So! If you want to believe the dog and pony show going on in Washington and on MSM you are free to do so.  The facts are the facts, and James Comey said under oath that the President was not under investigation.  Maybe you would rather believe the Washington Post's fabrications of facts through un-named sources?

As I recall, Nixon was charged with a cover up (or process crime), not for obstruction, and not for deleting seconds of information.  He did the right thing by resigning instead of dividing the country further. 

How was it that Bill Clinton was impeached but he got to remain in office?  That one is a head scratcher. Its that double standard.

5. peoplepower73 profile image89
    peoplepower73posted 6 years ago

ahorseback:  You really don't know why Trump tweets, until you ask him why he tweets, other than that it is simply your opinion. Even at that he may be lying to you. Or the next time you ask, he may have an entirely different answer.  He is very good at that.  "Believe me" (his favorite phrase.)

6. colorfulone profile image79

Comey's revenge testimony: Ex-FBI director's case collapses like a house of cards

By Jay Sekulow
    https://aclj.org/constitution/comeys-re … e-of-cards

I am thankful for James Comey being a narcissist and his need to be in the spotlight, and that it was a win win for the President as Comey cleared him but made himself look like a coward. .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)