How To Lose 10 Pounds In a Week

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Glemoh101 profile image54
    Glemoh101posted 13 years ago

How to lose 10 pounds in 1 week?
    tell me your best way to do that.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The diet they use for gastric bypass surgery works that quickly.  It involves broth and protein shakes, and that is all you get.  But it works.  Sounds yummy...wink

2. Dr. Wendy profile image59
      Dr. Wendyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A strict raw food diet could do it.  Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.  You can have a little nuts and seeds, but they will halt weight loss if you eat too much.

3. profile image51
      PatriciaPriorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It is not possible and safe.

4. profile image53
      kellyksposted 6 years agoin reply to this

well it is very challenging as it will leave your body in a shock and it will be very difficult for you to recover from it. It is highly unsafe as even if you loose weight in a short duration, it will come back to you manifolds once you come back to your usual routine. But just to help you eat lot of cucumbers and apples and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Workout moderately and have lot of protein. Surely it will help

2. matherese profile image59
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

Have you heard of the cabbage soup diet? Someone told me that you could loose fat really quickly if you go on that diet. Good luck!!!

Glemoh101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No i didn't hear about that before ! can you tell me what that ?

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've done this one.  You have to really like cabbage.  It's basically just boiled cabbage with lots of liquid.  Eat it three times a day for 4 days then eat regular meals one day then cabbage again for 4 days.

The Airforce Diet is still good.  I think they call it something else now.  Basically, wake up to lemon water, 1/2 grapefruit before each of three meals, 4 ounces lean protein, 1 cup green veg., lemon water.  Before bed, small protein snack.  But this is another 4 day diet.

3. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

Stress is good for losing weight it works every time for me.

You mean exercise ?

1. 2uesday profile image65
        2uesdayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No I mean stress as in loss of appetite, not noticing mealtimes are missed. Of course the other extreme can happen at such times which is comfort eating.

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Cut off a breast?

5. Midnight Oil profile image80
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Write 30 hubs in one week - that should do it ! big_smile

Yes you right , i will try to do this !!!

1. Midnight Oil profile image80
        Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So how many hubs did you complete in your first 24 hours and how many pound did you lose while writing them?

6. ladyjane1 profile image69
    ladyjane1posted 13 years ago

In my case Habee it would have to be two breasts lol

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol. In my case, it would prolly be a half a breast.

1. sofs profile image76
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL lol

7. Jaggedfrost profile image61
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

exchange your money in London and then go to Monte Carlo.  If you are lucky that is about what you will lose.

What if i did that and still not lose 10 pounds !

8. Jaggedfrost profile image61
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

lol You would at least be a little richer for the journey.

9. secretmagazine99 profile image57
    secretmagazine99posted 13 years ago

You have to know basically foods that burns fats and foods that prevent building fats. The combination of which makes your diet plans work.

10. Sylvia Leong profile image87
    Sylvia Leongposted 13 years ago

Medical science recommends losing no more than 1.5 lbs a week.  Any more & you're carving off more than just your fat (meaning that you're just giving away your wonderful calorie burning muscle).  This lowers your metabolic rate.  Meaning that your body burns less & less calories.  Give it a couple of months & you'll weigh more than you do right now.  Instead do it properly.  Take it slow.  Cardio, weight-training, stretching & proper nutrition.

Good luck!

1. hoodieweather profile image60
      hoodieweatherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Best advice for anyone trying to lose weight.

11. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Prozac worked for me, I lost 10+ pounds a week till they took me off the stuff! I just could not be in the same room with food without feeling sick. I think I prefer the weight hmm

12. profile image54
    all about healthposted 13 years ago

losing 10 lbs. in a week is under some circumstances attainable, however very unhealthy and not recommended. Some factors to consider are your original weight, your age, your emotional state of mind, your nutrition, how much are you resting and of course the quality of your exercise. When you want to achieve something like this  you should always have a doctor involved and make sure you are being supervised by a fitness professional. Most people on this forum are recommending great things that can make your achieve a fitness goal, but as most of them say, keep it slow.
    A wise man once said "Rome was build a brick at the time and over a long period of time".  Learn about your body and listen to it.  Re-educate yourself about nutrition and establish a worth while exercise routine.  These tips will hopefully lead to a healthier life style and will provide the best results.  I hope this helps. Good Luck

13. profile image53
    neilmczieposted 13 years ago

It is not being to easy but i would say it is possible with this amazing product.For more info.
    http://leanspaacaidiet.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/3/

14. Abbasangel profile image64
    Abbasangelposted 13 years ago

I would not reccommend loosing 10 pounds in a week, however healthy ways to loose weight is to maximise your metabolism, regular meals - starving yourself will acheive a 10 pound weight loss but will also cause your body to feel starved and try to pack away food when you do for eat times when you won't eat. It's counter productive.

Also limiting your diet to one or few foods will cause malnurishment or vitamin deficiencies which again are more likely to cause weight gain in the long run than weight loss.

Using diet pills that help the fat exit your system also take the fat soluble vitamins exited along with lipids that are essential for health.

I would not recommend loosing 10 pounds in a week and like how do you get to work in less time than it would safetly take you is not recommended --- also the other side is you would know when you needed to be at work by you would also have know when you needed to loose weight by.

15. profile image51
    padficielposted 13 years ago

Are you looking a good remedy to reduce your excess weight.If you say yes,So here is a available good info to you.
    http://trislimultra.blogspot.com/

16. maalarue profile image74
    maalarueposted 11 years ago

1) Diet: eat clean and raw foods and stay away from sugar and high carb drinks and sodas. Drink lots of water and stick with more protein rich foods late in the day and evening.

2) Cardio exercise: cardio will burn fat immediately and help burn calories.

3) Weight training: resistance training such as weight training will increase lean muscle to help burn more fat, and will also continue to burn fat long after your workout.

4) Increase growth hormone naturally: by doing compound exercises when weight training, you will increase lactic acid and stimulate growth hormone levels in the blood. GH will give you a powerful fat burning environment and increase you metabolic rate.

See my Hub for more details. Hope this helps.

17. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

I got one better for you, OP.

How to Lose 50 Pounds in 5 Minutes: Self-evisceration.

18. Lauren Amy Smith profile image57
    Lauren Amy Smithposted 11 years ago

The juice diet is supposed to be good for quick weight loss, or the Dukan, give it a try.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)