Which social media website gives most traffic?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)
  1. srirad0675 profile image80
    srirad0675posted 6 years ago

Please share your experience.

1. Down South Mama profile image79
      Down South Mamaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It was facebook for the lonest but this month twitter has really takrn off for me

2. poppyr profile image93
    poppyrposted 6 years ago

It depends on your amount of followers. I don't get much traffic from social media, but I suppose Twitter would be the highest one.
    You're better off trying to write articles that have good search engine optimisation so people who search for the topic on Google, Bing, or Yahoo will come across your article.

1. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's not a social network as such, but for me personally most non-organic traffic comes from Pinterest. I've put a huge amount of effort into promoting hubs on Twitter, engaging with other people, using hashtags and adding captioned images to every tweet etc, but have had very little payback. The problem with Twitter is that tweets come and go so quick that they have a small chance of being seen by your followers. It's all right if you're a celebrity and your fans are hanging on your every word, but for us mere mortals, the only hope of increasing a tweet's visibility is to hashtag it so that it at least turns up in a Twitter search. Facebook has been a little better, but I only get a few visits per day to hubs. Pinterest is quite good and I get about 100 visits per day. The whole idea of Pinterest is that it taps into our desire to collect things. Children like collecting small toy cars, Pokemon or baseball cards, Ladybird books or whatever. Some of us adults like to do the same. So on Pinterest we make boards and collect pins and put them onto the boards, sort of like stamp collecting. Unlike the constantly moving Twitter stream which disappears out of sight, Pinterest presents stuff in a more navigable and organised form. If someone's interested in a topic, they can browse a board and see related interesting content and hopefully follow the link back to here.

3. srirad0675 profile image80

Thank you.

4. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 6 years ago

My experience is that I get a heavy boost periodically from someone posting one of my pieces to Facebook and I also get a certain amount of regular traffic from Pinterest.

5. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

I get very few views from any of the bars that I frequent.

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Laughing hard.

6. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 6 years ago

Pinterest is my all-star when it comes to views from outside of a search engine search. Second is Facebook. I share my articles publicly there and tag relevant businesses (that are directly related to my article) to reach a larger audience.

7. srirad0675 profile image80

Thank you all.

8. blueheron profile image91
    blueheronposted 6 years ago

Here's what I've found: I write how-to articles. I have quite a few articles on soapmaking and making other personal care products. Now, as it happens, there are a whole bunch of Facebook groups that share information on making these products. When I complete an article on this subject, I post a link to the article in one or more of these Facebook groups. There have been a couple of cases where these articles created a lot of excitement. Everyone in the soapmaking groups knows about Liz Ardlady's shampoo bar recipe--and many would LOVE to know how to make it as a liquid shampoo. When I posted the recipe for this, I got about a thousand hits a day for about three days, before the excitement died down.

So--see if there are some Facebook groups of people interested in doing whatever your how-to hub is about. Join the group and post links to your hub.

I have a hub on how to build a bent-willow chair. It gets very little attention. So I need to see if I can find a Facebook group of people interested in this type of thing, and post a link to the hub.

If there ARE Facebook groups for what you are writing about, doing this will get you more hits than any other strategy.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image92
      Jesse Drzalposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have a better one.

9. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Pinterest is my best social media site by far, and a distant second to Google in general traffic. It's not because I'm extremely active on Pinterest, but a few images from my hubs have done well there.

10. srirad0675 profile image80

Thank you blueheron and Sherry.

11. blueheron profile image91

I mentioned above that I planned to look for Facebook groups suitable for pimping my blog, "How to Build a Bent-Willow Chair." I joined three, but I've only been approved by the Homesteading & Self Sufficiency group. A link to my article has been posted there, but is awaiting approval. I'll have to get back to you to tell you if this helped traffic. I also realized I have several other articles that would fit this and similar groups.

1. srirad0675 profile image80
      srirad0675posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

12. blueheron profile image91

I mentioned that what has often worked for me is posting my articles to Facebook groups that might be interested in the subject matter, and that I was going to post my low-traffic article, "How to Build a Bent-Willow Chair" to some Facebooks groups. I posted it to a couple of homesteading groups and one woodcrafting group.

I'm seeing a very slight bump in traffic.

Of course, you're lucky if some of these groups have 3,000 members. One of the soapmaking and body care groups I posted the earlier article to has 41,000 members--and is a VERY active group. Groups like this will often share your article with other groups.

I guess I'll continue exploring this approach and see how it works for subject matter that is not of burning interest to tens of thousands of people.

13. Sallyhigh2016 profile image60
    Sallyhigh2016posted 6 years ago

I would agree with an earlier post saying you should stick to writing for search engines.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)