I'd like feedback on my Hub: FITNESS INSPIRED:Weight loss for beginners,Exercise

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)
  1. krithi13 profile image70
    krithi13posted 6 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub FITNESS INSPIRED:Weight loss for beginners,Exercise VS Yourself. (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. greenmind profile image95
      greenmindposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
      You have lots of energy and it took time to write this, but I'm afraid there are so many mistakes that it will never pass QAP without a complete overhaul.

1. DON'T WRITE ALL IN CAPITALS.
      2. Are you prepared to respond if someone hurts themselves following your advice?
      3. word, comma, space.
      4. Good articles on health and fitness begin with research and reading
      5. What can you offer people that other writers can't?

Good luck!

2. Stephen Sinclair profile image86
    Stephen Sinclairposted 6 years ago

Hi Krithi:

You sure have packed lots of information into your hub, which is great. It seems that English might not be your first language. I don't know any other languages, so you're way ahead of me. The way you have the hub laid out and broken into sections is great!

Your opening summary reads:

"NOW YOU MIGHT BE THINKING HOW TO SHED THOSE EXTRANEOUS CALORIES. THAT'S NOT A VERY BIG DEAL UNTIL AND UNLESS YOU ARE DETERMINED OF LOOSING YOUR POUNDS.BELIEVE IN YOURSELF , YOU CAN DO IT!!!!"

You want to remove the all caps, the quadruple exclamation points, and the italics. You misspell "losing" as "loosing." There are issues with spacing before and after punctuation, as well. For example, "BELIEVE IN YOURSELF , YOU CAN DO IT!!!!" should probably read "Believe in yourself, you can do it!" or even "Believe in yourself. You can do it!"

Through the rest of the article your use of italics, all caps, and bold is inconsistent. Generally, you should only use all caps or bold sparingly, if at all, and only use italics for the titles of movies, books, television shows, musical albums, and publications.

This passage needs a comma instead of a semicolon, and also has issues with spacing:

"Let me be frank to you! There are no such medicines or surgeries ;which do not have side effects . They are unsafe. However, there are no magic wands to swoosh off that extra calories in one session. Be patient, and stick on to your goals."

Also, you use "However," which implies that the next point will contradict the one previous, but then pretty much make the same point again.

There are issues with grammar, syntax, and spelling through the article, too, which Word or Grammarly might help you with. Keep at it! You have the ability to produce large amounts of copy, which not everyone has. Keep reading and writing at least 2,000 words per day, reviewing the rules of English, and it will become second nature.

I also notice that you haven't given credit for the photos. If they're not yours, you need to make sure you have permission to use them and give proper attribution. Flickr, Wikimedia Commons, and PixaBay are great places to look for photos with permissions to share.

For example, this photo of Donald Trump by Gage Skidmore with Flickr is licensed with the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic from Creative Commons. If you click on the "Some rights reserved" link under the photo you can see under what license a photo is available, if at all. For this photo you would want to provide the link and attribute it: "Gage Skidmore, Flickr CC BY-SA 2.0."

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gageskidm … w2x-d5X6uS

Hope that helps!

3. SSS1942 profile image75
    SSS1942posted 6 years ago

Hello  krithi,

Its a good hub. But need some changes like

1. You wrote "specific and scientific way.A beginner.....". Here, a space is needed before the new line "specific and scientific way. A beginner....."

2. Write the point as " I can and I will" instead of all caps lock and changes the other also.

3. In this point, you have written 4 bullet items whereas before writing the 2nd bullet point .."Any physiological changes....." you wrote ..."opting a weight loss schedule.It includes". If you write "It includes", it means the rest three bullets are included under the first bullet. So, you must have to differentiate.

4. It would be "Believe me, it's not going to work."

5. Write " Frankly speaking, there are so much...." instead of "Let me be frank to you!

6. Corrections are need in full stop and semicolon in line "... medicines or surgeries ;which do not have side effects ." It should be "... medicines or surgeries; which do not have side effects."

7. Write Keep patience instead of "Be patient".

8. In the bullet points under Beginner's weight loss program, I observed same problem as I mentioned in No. 3 comment. The line "Here's what beginners need to set up for" shouldn't be in bullet point.

9. In the whole article there are problems in . ; and ,  . Remove the unnecessary space that you have given after completing the line. We use these signs just after completing the line.

Thank you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)