Help me figure out my Amazon earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Shesabutterfly profile image94
    Shesabutterflyposted 6 years ago

I've been steadily earning money through Amazon for the first time this year. It's nothing major, but I would still like to get paid. On my account it shows the Amazon earnings under the hubpages account, however I'm not being paid through hubpages for my Amazon earnings. When I log onto my Amazon associates account it's not showing clicks, sales, revenue, or anything. Everything is showing zero! Despite my hubpages showing I've earned money through Amazon. I double checked my website and tracker id on the Amazon site. The website shows hubpages and I added delishably.com, but the tracker id on Amazon is different than the one I see on my hubpage account for Amazon. Are the different tracker id's messing with how Amazon associates tracks my earnings? I tried adding the hubpages tracker id to the Amazon site and it said the tracker was not a valid id. Not sure what to do at this point.

I know you need at least 10 dollars to get a pay out from Amazon and I've made well over that and still haven't seen any pay out. Any insight would be much appreciated!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You need at least $50 in your balance. Check out the Balance History tab on your earnings page. Also Amazon earnings pay out via HP two months in arrears. This is to allow for any returns/debits.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

The Amazon payment is added to the HP payment every month.  If the total amount of the two tops $50, you get paid, regardless of how much you've earned on Amazon. Both amounts are paid through the HP payment program.

Your personal Amazon account has nothing to do with your HP account.  Totally separate animal with totally different rules.  Each would have its own tracking number.  One is paid via HP, the other via Amazon.  Obviously your personal account has no sales.

If you place ads on a Hub and somebody buys something, you earn a percentage of what they paid.  However, it takes 60 days for that payment to be verified so that you can be paid by HP.

You should see this information on your HP balance sheet.  The team does a very good job of showing you how much you've earned and when it gets paid.  If you've been earning on HP ads this year, you probably already have been paid for some of them, but they show up bundled in with your HP earnings.

If I earn $49 on HP and another $2 on Amazon (after the 60 day waiting period for Amazon), my payment shows up as $51 as my total HP payment.  I suspect you've been getting paid but assumed you'd see the payments listed separately when they come in.  The balance sheet says it all.

Shesabutterflyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I figured it out. I generally get paid before the 60 day Amazon wait, so they have to add the Amazon earnings into the next month which wouldn't get paid out until I reach another 50 dollars. This is why my totals have been different from what I have been calculating. Makes sense, guess I never really paid attention that the amazon payout was not from the same month as the hp earnings.

HP is the only site I write for so it's the only site listed on my Amazon account. Back in April I received an e-mail from them saying I made the payout threshold, but my tax information was out of date. As soon as I updated that I would be able to get paid. However, payment never came. I think this e-mail was causing my confussion, as hubpages is the only site I write for and is the only thing I have linked to Amazon. Therefore, it's the only way I can earn money. I am now unsure why I even received the e-mail from Amazon in the first place.

I've been absent from HP for many years, so I am trying to remember how everything works, and make sure I understand any and all changes that have and are happening.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Apparently you at one time had a separate Amazon account that you used to make sales, etc.  That is probably why they contacted you.  Might be a good idea to update your tax info there, anyhow, just in case you decide to start using that account again.

It does get confusing, but I have found that the best thing to  do is go to you balance history.  Doing this will clear up any doubts you have.

Shesabutterflyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The thing I don't understand is where I would have had that other account. I have never written anywhere else, and I don't blog. Unless I had my HP account through Amazon individually. Which makes the most sense as Amazon has my store listed as Hubpages. I also don't have any record of Amazon earnings until the last  2 or 3 years. I don't remember changing anything, which is why I was wondering if maybe HP had changed something and it was now all going through HP instead of through Amazon. The trackers were different on both sites so I didn't know what had happened or was going on.

I did update my information, but so far still no payments. I'm not going to worry about it though, if I'm getting paid through HP for the Amazon links I have on my articles. Which I can now see where my confusion was coming in. I never noticed it took 60 days for Amazon payouts before, but the steady Amazon income is new this year. Previous years it was maybe once  a year I would get a click and commission. So I never really paid much attention to it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)