Despite writing quality hubs I don't see them listed in google search.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. JvicIndia profile image70
    JvicIndiaposted 6 years ago

Dear Friends,

I need your opinion on a serious problem which Im facing. Despite writing many hubs of high quality and unique content, I dont see any of hubs listed in google results.Note that I have about 50 featured hubs. I follow Hubpages T& C of writing hubs properly. Almost all the daily traffic comes from Hubpages and from Google search, its almost NIL

My hubs have an average size of 800-1000 words with some of them written over 1200 words with high quality content

As such, im puzzled and worried

I have 2 specific doubts

1. Whether google has blacklisted my hubs. I read something about the "Sub domain" system of hubpages after the panda update of google. Whether its related to this?

2. Whether my Hub titles are not catchy or not being properly framed? Or is my hub designing which is the problem?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi John,

I hate to have to tell you this, but from what I can see, your articles aren't particularly 'high quality'. Just looking at the summaries on your profile I can see grammatical problems.

For example, your abs workout one.

Firstly, the title is way too long and not in title case.

It is in a very over-saturated topic, therefore it's going to be competing with pages with greater authority, so you will never see it on the first page of search engine results unless you type in the exact title.

It starts with you referring to another page that the reader probably hasn't read. And there's no link to it. Your reader will be confused and frustrated.

There are several minor grammatical issues all the way through.

Your images aren't sourced or cited, and they look as if you have taken them from another website. Unless you have permission, that's illegal. You could be landed with a demand for payment. Some of the images are pixlelated. https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … -image-use

I also get the feeling that you have just written this as a researched article, you don't actually write from experience.

Even so, none of that, apart from writing in an over-crowded topic, would prevent your hub showing up in search results.

Glancing at your other titles, it seems as if they are all aimed at an Indian audience. HubPages tends to be more focussed on a western readership. Do you think you are going to get the necessary traffic from your target readership?

I just spotted another interesting one - "What is Content Writing?" You must understand that if you are going to write about writing, your grammar must be perfect. You have an error in the very first sentence. It should be "A content writer is..." The second sentence is wrong too, "They are also called as Freelance Writers." should be "They are also called freelance writers." (though not all freelancers are content writers, mind).

Anyway, this is just to let you know that your hubs do have quality issues, and it might be a good idea to fix them. If you are not getting much traffic they will eventually become unfeatured.

Try to find topics that aren't in such popular areas - body building and weight loss, even content writing are all very saturated and highly competitive.

Good luck.

JvicIndiaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot for your valuable insights. I acknowledge the mistakes that you have pointed out. However I would like to state that most of my articles are written with my own experience and accumulated knowledge- they are not recently researched

I actually joined hubpages way back in 2009. I got good traffic at that time. But i stopped writing  3-4 years ago. Since I am starting again my skills have probably become rustic. Thanks for pointing them out.

Thanks for the advice you gave me regarding my concentration on Indian audience. I'll try to write for a wider global audience from now on.  I will also try to write on new topics that aren't saturated.

Thanks once again

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

If you hubs are not "no index" you can submit them to Google yourself. http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

3. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

If you want hubs to be featured in search and get traffic, you need to get your pages onto the niche sites. You can submit one every 2 weeks. The main HP domain is not highly regarded by Google.

I would suggest a rethink of your topics. Mostly, you appear to be writing stuff that you think should get high traffic, but a lot of other people have beaten you to the subjects long ago. That means your pages struggle to be original.

I would focus on areas where you are strong and where a little research on your part shows you can write a page that is better than those that already exist.

4. Butterfly67 profile image89
    Butterfly67posted 6 years ago

Just a small bugbear of mine is titles that start with "How to..." aren't questions and don't need a question mark after them. You have quite a few titles with unnecessary question marks. Maybe rephrase them as "How do you...?"

Thank you

5. Butterfly67 profile image89
    Butterfly67posted 6 years ago

I did a search on google for a section of text on one of your hubs and it did appear as a result so I expect they are in there but maybe just too far down the search results to find...

My sincere thanks for taking the time to help me. I will follow your advice

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)