How many of you have ever made at least $100 a month from Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)
  1. sarahspradlin profile image90
    sarahspradlinposted 6 years ago

I heard we're not supposed to go into specifics about money made but I'm hoping that this will be ok. If you have ever made $100 in a one month period on Hubpages, how many articles did you have and/or how long had you been writing for hubpages?

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I now have 44 articles, and I'm happy with the amount of money I get considering how much time I have put into them.

It's not so much how long you work here or the number of articles but rather the work and research that goes into each one. It's a lot better to get $100 a month from 10 articles than $100 a month from 100 articles.

Keep revising and promoting. Focus on quality over quantity until things start to click.

2. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I will put it this way: You can make a hundred dollars a month with 30 articles and you can make that much a month with a hundred and it can take a couple or a few years for that to happen. I'd say it can happen consistently after several years.

What I've said, by the way, is from direct experience, with two different HP account.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I've been making more than that every month for the last eight years. 

Having said, that, I didn't even manage to make payout until near the end of my first year, in spite of writing over 100 articles.  Writing on HubPages is a long-term project.  Don't expect to earn much in your first year, then it gets better quite quickly.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I've been earning that on this account for years. I also have a second account which has been earning that for 2-3 years.

Hubpages is like a bank account - the more you put in, the more interest you earn.

The best way to get money is to get traffic - traffic converts into money.

4. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

I remember when I first joined, reading a thread here by some guy who was urging people to aim for $100 Adsense per day.

5. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

I've got that the past few months with the hubs I have up now.

6. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 6 years ago

Point is, it's very possible to make a hundred a month here. The people in this thread who make it fairly quickly with fewer articles are competent with SEO, I'm guessing; which means they know how to write articles that get a lot of traffic from search engines. It's a study in itself. On my account that makes more money for fewer articles, I have articles on there that I didn't write until I knew about SEO. They earned more, quicker. If you don't have that knowledge, I'm just saying, it will most likely take you more time and more output.

I guess some people are able to make money quicker because they are good at marketing on social media and the Web or have a big following. I don't know anything about that or even if it's a good idea.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's pretty easy to accomplish. The number of hubs can be as little as 25 really hot ones or 100 that take longer to be discovered. If you have a topic in specific, or any topic, check out Google's competition for that topic, and make sure you have something better or more interesting to add. I write in an over saturated topic, and think it's my sense of humor that makes my hubs stand out. Plus I'm thorough. You should be able to make that amount in a year, give or take.

I was never good at SEO so it took me a year, but I got a following pretty fast that wasn't from HP. Our members don't count as far as making money, only as friends and advisers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)