Personal announcement

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (37 posts)
  1. kenneth avery profile image78
    kenneth averyposted 6 years ago

Hello, "HubVille."
    I won't bore you because I know that your time is valuable. So here it is.
    I am done for awhile. (Explanation later). My last hub was published
    July 23, 2017, between 12 and 1 a.m., entitled, "Finally Touching You,"
    and I am not lobbying for anyone to read this hub, but thanks if you do.
    My family (grandkids included) took a five-day get-away and frankly, the
    trip and activities that I thought I was physically-able to enjoy, was very
    painful as I am going to sit here and let you, My Valued Followers and Non-
    Followers alike, have fun and enjoy your lives.
    This is NOT to say that I am leaving HubPages. No. Not yet and certainly not
    that easy. (e.g. Dylan Thomas "Don't Go Gentle Into That Good Night) for when
    it is time for me to depart, I give you my word that I will NOT go gentle.
    See you in a few weeks. And I hope to see you in the near future.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wish you Happy Enjoyment and Good Luck.

kenneth averyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Venkatachari M, I should be back in about two weeks or less.
        Just my old body and bones hurt 24/7 and I am older than you,
        and I just got to hurting from a vacation with my grandkids.
        Riding makes Fibromyalgia worse.
        And how.

2. Marketing Merit profile image93
      Marketing Meritposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wishing you good health and happiness Kenneth. You are a familiar face on the forum and will be missed. I'm struggling with pain management at the moment, so you have my utmost respect for participating in activities with your family. Focus on what is most precious to you. My very best wishes to you and your family. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Hi, Marketing Merit,
        Thank you, sweet friend, for the care and compassion.
        I will do my best to get past this and be back.--hope to see you too.

3. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry that your trip away was painful.  A break away is sometimes a blessing and sometimes it is not.  Take a little time out and enjoy some quiet time.  I find that being outdoors and in nature is sometimes all one needs.  You take care of yourself Kenneth and look forward to seeing you when you come back.

Dear smile sallybea,
        Thank you, dear friend, for the sweet, compassionate note.
        I will do my best and with God's grace, recuperate more now from a nasty fall from last night on top of the aggravated Fibromyalgia and hopefully be here to write and catch up.
        Thanks so much.

4. Terrielynn1 profile image84
      Terrielynn1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that Kenneth. It's been great and I am glad I got to Know you. I will miss reding your work. Take care and I hope everything is ok. I am happy to call you friend. Message me anytime. Take care of yourself

Dear Terrielynn1:
        Thank you so very much for your caring thought. I needed it. And I am happy to call you friend also. Read the reply that I posted (below) to Jean Bakula--not watching on up scroll that your note was here and you will soon see what I have been fighting.
        Love you.

5. RoadMonkey profile image83
      RoadMonkeyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I wondered why I had not seen you recently, hope to see you back soon. Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

RoadMonkey,
        Wow, this is scary. Seriously. I was posting replies to Jean Bakula; DzyMsLizzy and The Dirt Farmer and I have not read your post, but I told Jean about my recuperation going bad last night and guess what poem that I have been reading . . .Dylan Thomas.

1. RoadMonkey profile image83
          RoadMonkeyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kenneth, not so scary. You mentioned Dylan Thomas in your original post! Hope you are back here fully, soon. All the best.

RoadMonkey,
            Thank you so much. Dylan Thomas is worth reading along with J.D. Salinger, "A Catcher in The Rye," and all of the works of the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, just wish I had that type of writing talent.

2. DreamerMeg profile image80
        DreamerMegposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hello Kenneth,
        Sorry to hear you have Fibromyalgia. I know/have known several people with this and have seen the struggles they have with pain. We read Dylan Thomas in school and I enjoyed his poetry. My favourite was "And death shall have no dominion."
        Hope your recovery goes quickly. I believe they have discovered a bit more about why fibromyalgia happens which is good because some some years ago, it was looked at as not real!

Hi, DreamerMeg,
          Thank you for the sweet words. I have read and researched Fibromyalgia and two of my doctors have told me that even with herbs and meditation, the "beast" sleeps, but when awakened, she can be a pain.
          IT is real too. I should know. And I would not Wish or Pray this on any of  my worst enemy. I mean it.
          Keep me in touch, Dreamer.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know you had fibromyalgia.   These websites might be helpful to you:
            http://www.fmaware.org/
            http://www.cfidsselfhelp.org/library/to … ss+Stories

Perhaps you'll write some Hubs on your experiences when you get back.

Hi, Marisa,
              Yes, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2003 and this was only after one year of going to several doctors in Alabama and Mississippi who were stunned about why I hurt 24/7.
              It was not until a doctor in Kirkland Clinic, Birmingham, Ala., told me about this affliction and according to him, "we cannot cure you--nor can any doctor. Just take your medications and try to live a quality life."
              I almost cried at the man's honesty.
              Your idea of me writing experiences on this disease is very helpful. Thanks, Marisa and may God bless you.
              And thank you for the links.
              I appreciate it and YOU.

6. The Dirt Farmer profile image88
      The Dirt Farmerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hope you are better soon!

The Dirt Farmer,
        Read my Aug. 13 post that I just left. Thanks, but right now, I am very frustrated.

2. kenneth avery profile image78

The Dirt Farmer . . .you are a Great Friend and Hubber.

7. Jean Bakula profile image91
      Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Dear Kenneth,
      You are a beautiful soul who never fails to make me smile when I read your work.

Rest up from that vacation, and even though it hurt you, I'm sure your family was happy to spend every minute with you, even if they hurt too, knowing you were in pain.

Be blessed Kenneth and I will send healing light and pray for you. Fight it as long as you can!

Love,
      Jean

August 13--late in the p.m.
        Dearest Jean, DzyMsLizzy and many others:
        I am here only briefly to not only say "thank you" for the care and concern that you all left for me. I am in the process of resting now, but to make this (now) ever-the-more frustrating, last night I was folding towels to get put away when I stood up, I felt over-balanced and fell right on the face in my living room floor and when I fell, the natural defensive reflex was to draw up my hands and the left fist caught my left ribcage bruising three ribs.
        Now when it looked so real to get back to hubs, I now have to keep in a moderate moving cycle and just edit.
        No. I am not leaving HP, but ever more determined to when I get back, to be back with a vengeance.
        I have been reading a lot of Dylan Thomas famous "Don't Go Gentle Into That Good Night," and sweetheart(s), you ain't seen vengeance out of anyone until I get back.
        Love you all.

1. greenmind profile image94
          greenmindposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kenneth so what exactly is going on with you?? Hope nothing too serious!!!

Hi, greenmind,
            Thank you for asking. I have Accelerated Fibromyalgia and have fought this since 2003--no cure; just take med's and take pain shots every three months at a pain clinic in a nearby state.
            Plus when I ride a great distance, it only gets worse as it did about a month ago when I went with my three young adults (grandkids) for a week off and that one trip, two hours and thirty minutes, has caused me a lot of exacting pain, joints and bones ache worse now than then.
            And last night, I got over-balanced and fell flat of my face in the floor and my left fist which broke the fall, dug into my ribcase bruising two ribs, maybe more.
            Now, in what I wanted to be a comeback in about a week has delayed this move back another maybe two weeks.
            I just keep reading Dylan Thomas "Don't Go Gentle Into That Good Night," of course, after I read passages in the Bible and try to find peace.
            Thanks for the compassion.

1. greenmind profile image94
              greenmindposted 6 years agoin reply to this

so sorry to hear this.

Hi, greenmind . . .no sweat, my friend. I am sore as I can be and moving my left side hurts even more. I am taking my time and letting the soreness either get worse or head for the ER.
                God willing . . .I will see you again.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Sometimes you need a vacation to recuperate from the vacation!  I feel for you.  Do take care!

Dzy, amen, dear friend.

3. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 6 years ago

Kenneth, I'm so sorry that your trip was painful. I assume that you mean physical pain. It happens to us when we develop physical problems. I'm so sad that I've had to lay aside my plans to travel when I retired because of physical pain, so I certainly understand. BTW, I will be retiring on July 28, and I've been so tied up in wrapping up office details that I missed this whole day's HubPages. I'm just now getting around to reading your forum. We will miss you. I enjoy reading as much of your prolific publications as my time would permit. So have a good hiatus and please don't be away too awfully long. I consider you one of my good friends on HP, so let's just say "so long" for the time being, you dear sweet man.

Thank you, MizBejabbers,
      I wish you the happiest retirements EVER.
      With God, all things are possible and I will be back soon. Thanks again.

1. MizBejabbers profile image87
        MizBejabbersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, I've been retired for two weeks now, and I think I've felt worse than ever. So far either my husband or I have had a doctor's appointment nearly every day, and I'm still recovering from a procedure last week. I'm ready to feel well and roll! Seems like every time I get on the computer, I stall out reading emails and on Facebook. I'm going to have to ignore  them and get some new hubs out. I have several "on ice" but I dread converting them from windows to Mac to edit without losing them because they were written on my old computer. Any suggestions?

1. sallybea profile image95
          sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

A family member of mine runs windows parallel with Mac.  Is this something you might have considered?

4. louise-barraco profile image39
    louise-barracoposted 6 years ago

It was great getting to know you smile

louise-baraco,
      Sweetie, I am not retiring from HubPages. I should be here in about two weeks and I want to come back with a vengeance.
      And it is so nice meeting you too.

1. louise-barraco profile image39
        louise-barracoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's a change so when you come back it will be different but fun and exciting

louise-barraco,
          I want you to explain this to me for I do not want to get back writing and publishing with more frustration and pain. Thanks in advance, good friend.

5. Elsie Hagley profile image70
    Elsie Hagleyposted 6 years ago

I had no problem changing to a Mac.
    I have been copying my hubs which were written in windows and pasting them in TextEdit on my Mac. no hassles.
    My photos I download them to my Mac but rename them as they are just numbers and you haven't a clue what they are on your Mac until you click on them.
    Hope this helps.
    Have a nice day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)