Did you cry when saw the car plow into crowd at Charlotte VA?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Fck - I did. I knew it would upset me. And it did. But I think I forced myself to watch this stuff so it doesn't seem like a 'Games of Thrones' episode. I've seen the truck plowing in Europe and it got me upset . But not as much as this.

http://www.fctaekwondo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/lazo-negro.jpg

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

if evidence supports that the vehicle plowing into pedestrians on the counter protest side was done deliberately, you can bet that there will be trouble in River City.

While Trumps condemns the violence saying lets us all get together, what possible togetherness could there be between me and the KuKluxKlan?

This incident will not go without repercussions for those responsible. I will insist on it. If that means that we have to 'show it to them', then let it come.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't see anything other than that the person driving the vehicle is in custody. I hope it was some type of medical problem that caused them to ram into the other two vehicles. My first question is what fools would hold such a terrible rally in a university town? They had to realize it would cause the most ruckus in that environment. But, let's just hope this action wasn't done in a spirit of hate and it was just a terrible accident.

For the sake of avoiding the repercussion that I would anticipate if this were all done in malice, I hope that you are right.

Where else could the alt-right people meet? Almost anywhere they go, it will be trouble. Perhaps, if they gathered in Idaho or Vermont, were diversity is minimal..........

2. ptosis profile image67
          ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Very important for the nation to hear @potus describe events in #Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by #whitesupremacists
              — Marco Rubio (@marcorubio) August 12, 2017

Mr. President - we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism. https://t.co/PaPNiPPAoW
              — Cory Gardner (@SenCoryGardner) August 12, 2017

What " WhiteNatjonalist" are doing in Charlottesville is homegrown terrorism that can't be tolerated anymore that what Any extremist does
              — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley) August 12, 2017

Domestic terror in #Charlottesville must be condemned by https://t.co/3gbI2ZFxr5. Otherwise hate is simply emboldened.
              — Tim Scott (@SenatorTimScott) August 12, 2017

Why did Trump end funding to fight this kind of right wing racist terrorism? Kinda funny how they haven't caught driver yet

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And as usual we find cries that make assumptions we don't know are true.  How about we find the facts before wanting the President to make his condemnations?  Yes, I know your hero Obama didn't bother, but it really IS the proper way to proceed.

What are you talking about? I guess you only saw the video of the car driving backwards for over 5 blocks. Yes, that was some 'accident'.

That was a high speed kill, planned and deliberate. Why?

- If a regular stock factory car, then air bag would've deployed. Is it mechanically possible for a car be in a head-on collision that causes the airbags to be deployed and keep driving?  The airbag won't interfere with driving away afterward, but the engine will probably have been too badly damaged to run.

- If a regular stock factory car seat belts then at that high of a speed -  the driver would have internal damage to gut, whiplash.

IMHO, the car was not stock although it appeared to be so from the outside. The windows were darkened, the driver must've had a 5 point restraining system that pro racer driver's have and the frame itself was a stunt car with a stunt driver with a 1/2 skull helmet so can drive backwards.

You drive backwards for 5 blocks at a good clip and tell me how easy it is to swerve left or right instead straight back up.

That was a planned multi-murder.

Did the person arrested the same guy as the driver? Strange how the following was worded;

"James Alex Fields was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder, and the car that rammed into the Charlottesville rally was registered to a man by the same name."

So they arrest anybody with the same name?!? Does this guy even own a Dodge Challenger? I would like to see images of the damaged car. Do the police even have possession of the car itself?

Police have not yet officially announced if they believe he was the one driving the car that hit the protesters in Charlottesville. The car was a gray 2010 Dodge Challenger. Early rumors had pointed to a different man after Internet detectives tracked down the license plate. But that man, who won’t be named, said he had sold his gray 2010 Challenger. Those early rumors turned out to be unfounded.

According to Cincinnati.com, the Challenger was purchased by its latest owner in June 2015 in Florence, Kentucky, from Kerry Toyota. One month later the title was updated in Maumee. The vehicle was not stolen.

I'm starting to believe Elon Musk about living in the Matrix because of the name of the car.

Dodge Challenger.

For those who saw the not so graphic and up close version  - here is the video that got me really emotionally distraught:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MDEDiAQH8A

"James Alex Fields was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder, "

At least someone understands that our justice system depends on proof, not just opinion or initial appearance.  But the other idiots calling it "terrorism" (yes, I understand that is a popular catch phrase) without a clue as to why it was done or even that it was intentional...well, they're doing the same thing you are.  Jumping to conclusions.

And then to claim it was done by "white supremacists" - that's even worse.  You have exactly zero indication at this time of a motive or the political leanings of the driver.  Just make assumptions and present them as "obvious".  Once more, our justice does not work that way.

I actually agree with you.

#1 should be a criminal charge - not 'terrorism', - just like 911 should've been a criminal case with an open investigation so we can get all the facts instead of sweeping everything under the rug and disposing all evidence sent to China.

#2 Maybe the driver (not the man they arrested) could've been a spurned lover for all we know and saw 'zhis' ex in the crowd.

#3 The narrative of white supremacists is because the arrested guy accused of plowing into a crowd of people has been photographed holding a shield bearing a white supremacist emblem just hours before the deadly attack.

So yeah, the guy is a white supremacist. I don't know if he is the driver though.

Denying that the guy is a white supremacist is clearly a false narrative.

"The racists are still marching with guns and hair-trigger tempers but the police have taken a unique “hands off” approach to the melee and letting these white men enjoy the very privilege they whine is being taken from them.  There were no police in riot gear to contain these violent whites, and although the police determined it was an “unlawful assembly,” there are no records of arrests. " -

Vanguard America (VA) a white supremacist group that opposes multiculturalism and believes America is an exclusively white nation.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13656136.jpg

The police straight up left the area while the white supremacist militia was just roaming around. Wilderness, your apathy has been interpreted as acceptance of white supremacists.

http://www.errc.org/article/the-denial-of-racism/1218
                  Denial: the new phenomenology of racism
                  Ironically, the denial of racism is a product of the progress of the struggle against it

(1) all societies are racist to some degree
                  (2); racism is ubiquitous at least at the level of attitudes and its presence is not necessarily visible at the level of social behavior
                  (3); the existence of racism is widely denied across cultures, with varying degrees of disguise
                  (4); acknowledgement of racism is a prerequisite (but not at all a guarantee, or a bridge) to overcoming it.

Which takes us to the next thing: Denial of White Privilege

So these young white males are pissed off because the standard of living they expect in the future is going to be lower than their parents for the first time ever in USA history. But this lower standard of living  is affecting everybody, it is a systematic economic downtown of lowered expectations that everybody is under - not just young white guys. But blaming the 'other' is so much easier to do, and has been done so many times before. Why should this time be any different?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13656156.jpg

"Denying racism is the new racism because it equals turning a blind eye on a vice that actually exists. Due to the fear and negative publicity associated with supporting racism, most white Americans choose to deny it’s existence." - https://revolutioninmediablog.wordpress … ew-racism/

"Wilderness, your apathy has been interpreted as acceptance of white supremacists. "

LOL  You can take my insistence that we are a nation of laws, not a hanging mob, as anything you like.  You can even turn it into something that exists only in your own mind - we know that because you just did so. 

But what you cannot do is make your lies and insinuations true.

2. Will Apse profile image88
            Will Apseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Your attorney general once tried civil rights activists on vote rigging charges with zero evidence.  Don't expect any help from the White House.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/maga … scape.html

3. Live to Learn profile image61
            Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The drive has is in custody. I can't find any information on statements from the driver. Could we simply wait to see what happened to cause the accident prior to assuming the worst?

2. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 6 years ago

Field's mother, Samantha Bloom, told The Associated Press on Saturday night that she knew her son was attending a rally in Virginia but didn't know it was a white supremacist rally.
    "I thought it had something to do with Trump. Trump's not a white supremacist," Bloom said.

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Just his friends are, I suppose.

3. GNelson profile image61
    GNelsonposted 6 years ago

It is sad.  They act like ISIS.

4. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

We were discussing this over coffee. My personal opinion is that we will only exacerbate the problem by playing a blame game. We, as a nation, have allowed ourselves to become so polarized and allowed emotions to run so high that this is the inevitable outcome. When will we learn?

This is more than just about emotions and people getting out control. It is an expression of the reality of the depth of malady which has been and is as American as apple pie.

ok, if you did not want to remove the statues of the Civil War general why revert to KKK, Nazi and White supremacist. Who decided that the issue rises to the extent where the most hated representatives of historical American bigotry gets to define the argument?

5. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13656187.jpg

Dodge Charger, no air bag deployed, image taken from frame of video while car was in reverse for 5 blocks. Where is the car now? Do the police have the car in possession at this time?

Notice back window is also damaged from people's bodies.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13656202.png

6. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Trump just held a news conference where he doubled down on casting “blame on both sides.”

He refused to acknowledge that the people gathered in Charlottesville to protest the removal of a Confederate monument were white supremacists.

Instead of condemning white supremacists and neo-Nazis, he characterized clergy, community members, and others protecting our communities as “very, very violent,” insisting that there are “two sides” to the story.

White supremacists organizations were already elated by this weekend’s events. The Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website, declared “Total Victory.” Dozens of events are already planned in coming weeks, including in Boston this Saturday.

Trump’s rhetoric is actively fueling racist violence and giving it the White House seal of approval.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13659238.jpg

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13659239.jpg

7. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 6 years ago

David Duke

August 12,after 1st message:
    "I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftist." \

Yesterday, after 2nd message:
    "By criticising the Alt-Right & not naming BLM/Antifa you have given them the permission to destroy. The Red Terror begins."

Today, after 3rd message:
    "Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa
    I posted this to you yesterday -- Thank You Mr. President & God Bless You for setting the record straight for ALL AMERICANS."

That's #MAGA for you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)