AdSense Remain Static For More Than A Year

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. joween18 profile image82
    joween18posted 6 years ago

Hi, Hubpages, I don't really know what I did wrong but my Adsense Revenue remained static for a year. However, my contents received a decent amount of traffic. As far I am concerned, I configured this in the Earnings Setting properly and the AdSense row, it said active. What should I do?
    https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13673314.png

Thanks!

1. Marketing Merit profile image94
      Marketing Meritposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Take a look at the Hubpages settings above the entry you have shown. Are you opted in or out of their ad program? If you're opted in, then your Adsense earnings will be negligible, unless you're running ads on other sites.
      Hope this helps. Your settings look the same as my own.

2. joween18 profile image82

Yes, I'm opted in. However, does monitizing content on Youtube with the same adsense account affects it?

3. joween18 profile image82

Correction, now I get it, if I opted in for Hubpages ad-service, does that mean that I can't use Adsense?

4. joween18 profile image82

Sorry, I am really confused, I wanted all ad-services like Adsense and Hubpages to be active, is that possible?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

You can use one of two options:

You can use both the HP program and Adsense, but if you do this, you'll earn almost nothing from Adsense.

You can stop using the HP program and use only Adsense.  This will give you the full benefit of any earnings you may get from Adsense.

However, whichever option you choose, you must have Adsense as part of your plan.

joween18posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. But isn't it abnormal to to get 0 impressions even I getting a decent  of views?

1. Marketing Merit profile image94

Yes it is. I get Adsense impressions from Hubpages and the niche sites.
          Check your Adsense account and add the sites manually, if they are not already showing.
          Also, there was an issue that was recently identified whereby some users who had gained their Adsense approval via Hubpages weren't earning. However, this has now been resolved.

Yeah, it seems that this is the case for me. Anyway, let's see if there's improvements now that I reconfigured  my Adsense.

2. Jan Saints profile image88
            Jan Saintsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Who are these users? Share the forum link please.

Yes. Seconded.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
                Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Firstly, if you have the HP Earnings Program activated, then each of your Hubs show only ONE Adsense ad.  It's right at the very end of each Hub.  Many readers won't read that far, so it's normal to have very very low Adsense income when you have the HP Earnings Program activated. 

With only 13 featured Hubs, I would expect your earnings to be very low indeed, especially as most of them are still on the main site.

2. Marketing Merit profile image94

All you have to do is search for: "Adsense niche sites" and the forum link will be there. I appreciate why you may wish to read the thread, but fail to see the relevance of knowing the names of users affected.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Are you talking about impressions or sales?  They are two different things.  If you're not getting sales, either your codes have not been correctly entered or nobody is buying the products you advertise.

I don't see any Amazon ads on your site. Plus, you only have 13 hubs, that is not nearly enough for building an online brand.

One more thing...every photo you are using is illegal.  If you're not careful, you could get sued.  This has already happened to writers here a few times this year.

You can't use images that are not public domain without getting permission from the artists and photographers who created them.

I don't think that is the issue here, I've been here for a long time.

1. theraggededge profile image95
              theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Nevertheless, it is a problem: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … -image-use

You cannot take images from the web and republish them unless they have a Creative Commons licence, are in the Public Domain or you own them. Several people have been successfully sued for using images without permission. Don't forget that HubPages is a commercial site and you are attempting to make money using those images.

It's no different to republishing other people's writing.

5. joween18 profile image82

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13673469.jpg

Well, this said I can run both, so what is really the problem with adsense. It's making me nuts.

6. joween18 profile image82

Just to make things clearer, when my Adsense was working pretty well, I can see page views, earnings in my dashboard. However, at some point, the numbers dropped to zero and been observing this for over a year, no changes.

7. NateB11 profile image89
    NateB11posted 6 years ago

Yes, you should be getting something from Adsense even if you are using both HP Ad Program and Adsense.

Yes. It is okay at first, but then something happened and became that ever since.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)