Antifa Plans "Deface Columbus Day"

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (82 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 6 years ago

Fox News reported the Antifa threats to deface Christopher Columbus monuments and statues across America on Monday.  (2:23)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … ok0WUlkvto

Antifa's Violent History Explained (4:54)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … RXlAu1Pjsg

"The fascsists of the future will call themselves antifascists".
    ~ Winston Churchill

Sheriff Deputy gives warning about planned Nov 4th ANTIFA Event 

"When antifa was able to get themselves going and they showed up, they started truly an all-out war on innocent people and the videos and the discussions that have come out are so disturbing and disgusting and yet I never hear a word from the liberal media that leads me into antifa's next step...on their website they are calling for an open civil war that they will start here in the United States in November.

They are fundraising for weapons, training, ammunition and supplies and they're not hiding this. They are openly fundraising so that they could get the stuff together and attack and this is verbatim. What they're going to do - they will start off by attacking police officers, first responders, anybody that's in uniform. And after they have disrupted that enough in the nation, and us first responders are literally going everywhere trying to resolve things, they will then go after the citizens and the people and the government and all that. So if you're white, you're a Trump supporter, so you're a Nazi to them and it will be open game on you. I don't know why we're allowing this but it is time that, honestly, if our leaders and our leadership isn't going to step up and finish this, we have to...each and every one of us has to and that is our right and that is what we must do anyway".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … bmrgpQiIcQ

Good to see The New York Times is starting to pick up on Antifa.
    "The tug of war — more than the lingering squabbles between supporters of Hillary Clinton and Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont — foreshadows a once-in-a-generation reorganization of the American left that could dictate the tactics and ideology of the Democratic Party for years to come."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/us/p … ising.html

Antifa To Start A Revolution On Nov 4? (6:05)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … B_7zBfsm_4

For some reason the liberal media won't really report on Antifa, if they do, they white wash.  There is a lot of information on the web since 2016.  It sure seems the far-left wants to push for a civil war.

Antifa should be labeled a terrorist group.  Subversive!

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Have heard that several areas have trashed Columbus day, replacing it with "indigenous people" day.  Don't suppose there will ever be an end to what people can find to be "offended" at.

colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, for the update. 
        Roger that!

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The only thing Columbus did positive was show most of the Europeans. That the world was not flat. In which they mistaken from the bibles.

The native slavery, gold rush, piracy, and genecide the natives did not like but the christain loved.

2. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Colorfulone, One hundred percent pure bullsh*t, I have to say that your style is consistent if not anything else

Who is this 'Sheriff's Deputy', beside some right wing clown in uniform?

If revolution starts it will be the traditional intolerance of the Right that will start it...

but Columbus is tomorrow, we will see what is true in regards to your statement or otherwise.......

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Credence, I hope this thread is the usual bullsh*t but with all the videos of riots and violence by antifa I will say the war will be started by the left, if one is to be, and the left will, as usual, refuse to take responsibility for the violence and blame the right for it.

Out of all of the years Obama was in office and the right was so offended, did we have one riot? Did we have one civil unrest? What we had was the stage being set for antifa to create a very ugly head.

1. Credence2 profile image78

L to L,

We will agree to disagree on your first paragraph.

We haven't had any riots, just protests that the Right likes to elevate into a riot because they don't like the messages being sent by the disaffected. It could be as simple as an NFL player choosing to kneel rather than stand during the anthem  They want to control your behavior, thoughts and affections, but that is for another thread. All of us do not approve of the status quo, and if that is made clear peacefully who has the right to complain?

Most of the conservative base consist of primarily older white folks, it is a little harder to be physically active from that perspective.

2. Ewent profile image68
          Ewentposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

"Should we allow them to parade around in streets they have never paid one dime in taxes for armed with assault weapons?"

Yes you should (given that the terrible "assault weapon" is nothing but a common rifle and has never been used on the battle field).  Or does the law only apply to you - anyone disagreeing with your philosophy automatically loses the protection of the constitution? 

That DOES seem to be a common reaction - "If I don't like what you have to say, or don't like what you legally own, you can't speak or own whatever it is that I dislike".  At least from the left - the right seems far more knowledgeable about our constitution and rights.

1. Ewent profile image68

Time for you trigger happy boys to get over it. You no longer need a gun to protect home and family. Have you seen what's out there in the way of hugely technological home security systems that spots an intruder from 200 yards? Get another excuse gun boy.

I see one Neo Nazi on my street, armed or not and I kick him in his balls.

As you didn't reply to the question, should I then assume you are one of the "You have rights as long as I OK them first" crowd?  It would appear so as you are willing and eager to commit violence to people acting in a perfectly legal manner...

2. profile image0
        promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Funny how extremists on the right are outraged by a handful of trouble makers on the left making noise about Columbus Day, but they show zero outrage about a gun extremist who shoots hundreds of people in Vegas.

Total hypocrisy.

They are quick to immerse themselves in mindless speculation about something that their false prophets say is to occur, while ignoring the violence right before their very face. See how quickly the Right and gun lobbies start making excuses for the LV attacker?

I am sorry, but I work real hard to find anything note worthy about the Right, but I am strained. I am naturally at odds with 90% of their points of view on most issues of the day.

1. profile image0

Credence, like any other groups of people, there are good conservatives and bad ones.

The good ones understand the Constitution and respect the rights of all people. The bad ones want a one-party political system, embrace Russian propaganda and think the 2nd Amendment is the only one worth keeping, among their other flaws.

Promisem, outside of your declaration and the statements from fellow hubber GA Anderson, I see no hint of moderation of any sort from the Right. I would have better luck going 'snipe' hunting.

Is the definition of what constitutes being a "conservative" being redefined over recent years?
              With whom have you been more snarled in contrary debate?

Appears that respecting the rights of all people have clearly moved into the Progressive/Left column. I don't see any of that in the Age of Trump, a person who is being embraced by most of the rightwing types out there.

1. profile image0
                PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

'Is the definition of what constitutes being a "conservative" being redefined over recent years?"

I think it most definitely has morphed into something ugly. Reasonable conservatism is no longer featured in Washington or in the Republican party. I, as a liberal, miss the days when conservatives would present a rational, productive alternative to liberal policies. It keeps us in line, just as we kept conservatives in line. Now, it is all we can do to fight right-wing, anti intellectual, misinformed ideologues who stupidly deny science and put their support behind an incompetent, insane clown.

As always, you're right on target, Panther.

I appreciate the need for balance provided against excesses from either side. When conservatives focused more on fiscal issues, spending etc, it was ok. They were smart enough to leave "The New Deal" and its policies alone as an established staple of American politics. So many of the Right's adherents cling to ignorance, wrapping it around them like a warm blanket or puffing up with pride as if inauguration into its ranks is to be flaunted like a medal.

Someone like Trump as POTUS I would have thought would be unimaginable in modern times.....

2. profile image0

Credence, the fact that bad conservatives exist does not mean that all conservatives are bad. Unfortunately, the bad conservatives yell louder than the good ones.

Do you agree or disagree that not all liberals are good?

Credence, the fact that bad conservatives exist does not mean that all conservatives are bad. Unfortunately, the bad conservatives yell louder than the good ones.

Do you agree or disagree that not all liberals are good?
                  ------------------------------------------------------
                  Promisem, the problem is that the 'bad conservatives' define politics on the Right today. And heaven help us, their philosophy is being presented as a way to govern the country.  I would not consider, McConnell, Ryan or Trump as moderate conservatives, would you? The bad conservatives yell louder and are heard farther because they are the exclusive chorus. The few that in the Senate that might be considered moderate were beaten down by their reactionary party brethren. McCain, Susan Collins for example. Where is the extreme left on the opposite pole? I don't see them in the seats of power. So many of certain conservatives say they separate themselves from the GOP, but to me, you are all in the same boat. When push come to shove they will advocate to support Trump, come hell or high water. So that is just 6 of one and half dozen of the other......

It is not a simple concept of liberals being good or bad, many of us are just left of center, that was primarily where Obama was. He tried to compromise with the GOP and that foul radical wing of the House of Representatives. Where did it get him? Look at the GOP, who deliberately excludes input on legislation from the Democrats. Fortunately, Trump may be forced to review this idea if he hopes to get anything done in his first year. I don't see today's Left as being as obnoxious or in positions to be trusted to run it all, as GOP reactionaries represented by Trump are currently.

The Left has not really been as divisive and as trouble as the Right is currently since the Sixties.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
            GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cred, what excuses are you talking about? I haven't heard anything but questions about why so little has been released about the shooter.

I'm not talking about conspiracy rants, but otherwise, I don't know what excuses the Right and Gun Lobbies have made.

GA

Presumably in attempts to understand the "why" - what possible motive could there be for such an action.  We know the "what" - people died - but the "why" seems to be a complete mystery (except, of course, a gun caused it all).

(I know, I know.  Shouldn't be snarky.  But I haven't heard any attempt from the left at understanding, yet - just attempts at gun controls.)

I have heard from sources of the right that George Soros was the underlying cause of the massacre.
              Then, the Monday morning quarterback stuff, 'the way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun'.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/las … 81276.html

Just like certain gun enthusiasts are convinced that the Left is out to take all of their guns, I am of the opinion that there is not a gun that the Right does not like and that it would do everything in its power to resist any restrictions placed on them contrary to anything they trumpet today and now. In other words I will believe the GOP and the NRA resolve to control the availability of the accessory, bump stocks, for example, when I see it.

But, I will have to admit that Colorfulone's tirade at the opening of this thread was not encouraging a moderation stance on my part as supporter of the Left, generally.

Tirade?  If you mean the denunciation or condemnation of the left's own announcements of planned behaviors, I can go with that.   The left has a problem, the left is the problem.  That's how I see it. 

I had been sitting on the topics for days before I decided to post a "heads up"... for people to be aware and to be safe out there.   I was in peace then, and I am in peace now.

It seems to me you were just triggered and went into a tirade, but that as expected.  Your projection isn't going to work.  And, it isn't going to make me not post when I feel that's the thing to do.  I really do care, and if my post will keep one person for being harmed by Antifa...well, thank God. 

The Democratic party is big, big trouble financially.  The RINO Republicans are in big trouble too and they know it.  There is a populous movement and its just gaining more and more steam, people are woke. 

Nancy Polosi, denounced Antifa, but not until after receiving a massive amount of calls to speak up. She had to be woken.

"The Democratic party is big, big trouble financially.  The RINO Republicans are in big trouble too and they know it.  There is a populous movement and its just gaining more and more steam, people are woke."
                  ------------------------------------------
                  We will just have to see about that, won't we, Colorfulone?

I am determined to resist the nefarious influence of the political Right on the American political scene. So may the best advocates win......

I think you were the one who announced in the forms last year that Trump was being called "the populist".   You were right, but I'm not sure you realize what that meant then and means now.  Its a movement. A populist movement is happening in other countries too, not just in America.

Added: I am denouncing the nefarious on both sides that don't serve the people and our best interests.

2. GA Anderson profile image89

With opinion pieces like the one you linked as your sources Cred, I can certainly see why we are often at variance in our opinions.

And if those "sources of the Right" that you mentioned, that spoke of a Soros involvement, are the type of ones that came up in a Google search, then it is no wonder you think all Conservatives are bad.

ps. That old line: I saw it on the internet, so it must be true." is a lie Cred. You should vet your sources, at least a little, before you absorb what they say. On both sides of the coin.

pps. Here's one you will probably like: Pres. Donald Trump Is Really an Actor Impersonator

GA

My fault for not taking enough time to properly document my point, well, at least I don't use Salon as reference material...

But with the hard right, only seeing is believing as to anything they say.

We did agree on the 2nd amendment interpretation on another thread.

1. GA Anderson profile image89

Well, it is a good thing that you at least consider Salon a biased source. ;-)

But it was just a good natured jab bud, we have agreed on other things in the past. That is why I am still optimistic that there is hope for you. The Force is strong.

GA

2. Ewent profile image68

Try forcing Fox News to prove their sources. The only reason they don't go down for libel and slander is that it's owned by a billionaire with the money like Trump to buy his way out of anything illegal.

3. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And that's all I needed to read before realizing ... B.S'r!

You 'get' your 'information' from a news entertainment propaganda machine?

Utterly pathetic to observe such a self-unaware trumpeting B.S. - oh wait - that's your God, 'Ol Bone Spurs.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13733680.jpg

4. profile image0

I see a lot of claims of potential violence on right-wing blogs, but so far today I don't see a shread of news about actual defacing or any other problems -- including the right-wing blogs.

There are a few scattered reports about petitions against Columbus Day.

1. profile image0

It's 6:41 p.m. I still can't find any reports of Columbus Day violence.

Could this be another fake news event from extremists trying to divide the country?

They called it "Deface Columbus Day" for today.  I didn't hear about any violence planned for today. 

I have two different topics here. I should have started another thread so it wasn't confusing. Live and learn...

On their website they announced a violent campaign on police and then on civilians starting on Nov. 4th. Hopefully, it will get nipped in the bud.  At any rate, I don't expect it would last too long since its going to start getting cold.   I just wanted to give people a heads up.  Be aware of your surroundings out there, and be safe.

ADDED:  I saw some reports of Columbus statues vandalized again.

5. profile image0

Just another scare tactic to keep the misinformed all riled up and fearful of those who have different ideologies. Obama isn't in office anymore, so they have to invent another bogeyman.

By the way, what happened to that martial law Obama was going to declare? Where are those FEMA death camps you all were going to be put in?

I would like an answer, please.

As for the rest of you more "reasonable" eighties, if you find yourself buying into colorfulone's scare tactics, a little self reflection might be in order.

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 6 years ago

This is an alarming as well as very interesting news. I went to Columbus Day on Wikipedia and read a lot of stuff which portrays both positive and negative points for celebrating the event. So, I think it is a personal belief to celebrate it and nobody should force it or oppose it.  Violence and terror are not at all welcome.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Columbus was my hero, for what they taught me in school. Then later I built a few museum displays of Columbus and found he was the mother load of bad ideas. America has a long history of celebrating outlaws and villians.

Columbus represents the raping and piliaging of US corperation worldwide. Acts of mix of piratcy and empires hierarchy at work.  If america want to change this direction of our owner and being worst economic slaves. We must address the worst mental illness. That would be GREEDY hierarchy on planet earth today.

I always fully support protesters in a peaceful and honest way. If protesters use violence and destruction of property, that defeats their purpose and form another hypocrisy.

Often you see setups of people hired to create false flag or mischeif to protesters to defeat their purpose. As it happens also with other false flags around the world.

Columbus did not "discover" America, but an island or two in the Caribbean. I couldn't confirm that by watching that Bugs Bunny cartoon.

If he generally represents the first European incursion into the New World, ok. The celebration really poses no problem for me as long as everybody knows what it was really about.

I say the same about the Confederate Monuments....

If there is a point to made on either side, let it be conducted in a peaceful way. Protests are certainly welcome....

3. colorfulone profile image78

RevAbolitionMov  - RAM -  https://twitter.com/RevAbolitionist
    (You can find a link their website on their Twitter page.)

Hash-tags to follow on social media sites.
    #F*ckColumbusDay
    #DestroyColonialism

Antifa Groups Plan Nationwide "Deface Columbus Day" Acts For Monday
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-0 … cts-monday

This sure is a controversial topic, I am actually remaining neutral.
    Sitting back (in peace) watching and eating popcorn.

1. profile image0

By the way, what happened to that martial law Obama was going to declare? Where are those FEMA death camps you all were going to be put in?

Nothing there that I ever said. I do remember posting about martial-law laws.

Right now under the Trump Administration is what I am focus on. I certainly hope we never will have go to martial law, that has always been my hope.

What is it like around FEMA camps where hurricane victims are being housed?  It is like martial law?  I honestly do not know.  Curiosity may get the best of me there, so I may research that.  If you happened to stumble on some info, please share it.  (And, BTW, FEMA camps are not death camps. They are shelters.)

1. profile image0

Hmmm, I recall several instances where you shared scary stuff like that. You've forgotten?

Well, that does sound like a perception of yours.
            But, that hasn't been my reality. 
            This isn't scary stuff to me, I just like to share information.
            Eyes wide open!

1. profile image0

So, you deny you shared  links stating that Obama was going to declare martial law, seize all guns, and put his opponents in camps?

I remember a hubber who was saying stuff like that, (and posting links something like that).  We had some conversations, he hasn't been around for a long time.  I thought he was way out there, but I never put him down for speaking his mind or for sharing information.   He was a prepper, do you remember him?

I remember sharing government links with martial-law laws that had been amended, which just happened to be during the O'Adm.  Laws get amended all the time, that's nothing new.

1. profile image0

Wow. Okay. roll

Sgt. prepper.  Remember him?

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
                Venkatachari Mposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It would have been better if he seized all those guns and criminalized the possession or use of them. The world (USA) would have been better than it is today.
                Now, Trump should do the same thing.

1. profile image0

I disagree. Our 2nd Amendment guarantees our right to bear arms. I believe we need far more regulation, though.

2. wilderness profile image95

In what way?  Outside of calming irrational fears of some people, how would the US or the world be a better place?

2. profile image0

CO, I hope you agree that actions are more important than words. If they do anything violent, they deserve condemnation from both the right and the left. If they don't do anything, then they are just hot air.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 6 years agoin reply to this

True. Actions matter and not those words uttered. Violence should be condemned and punished. But not the Freedom of Speech.

4. colorfulone profile image78

NYPD provides 24/7 protection for Columbus statue ahead of holiday
    http://nypost.com/2017/10/04/columbus-c … d-service/

Can you believe that...
    Columbus sailed the ocean blue.
    In 2017 we need armed guards to protect a statue.

We are certainly in a weird paradigm. 
    Did the train jump the rails?

5. colorfulone profile image78

If you end up with the same story that you sought to tell, you are probably not listening.  If you are genuinely seeking the truth, your understanding is going to evolve according to how much information you are able to obtain access to and consume.  Your going to re-calibrate.  With every bit of knowledge, we recalibrate as our understanding increases.  It is a part of a process of becoming more powerful and better...

If a person cannot use logic, that is cognitive dissidence.

6. colorfulone profile image78

Craig "Sawman" Sawyer

"Q: How many hooded subversives do you think will be immediately exterminated on the 4th when they attempt to start a civil war?

65 Million well-armed patriots have no sense of humor about little domestic terrorists trying to disrupt our peace for Soros. Estimated #s of antifa are 50k. Therefore, my prediction is 50k hooded snowflakes will get themselves instantly killed over something they don't even understand. Billionaire Soros will just sit back and laugh at antifa whom he calls his "useful idiots".

What are those kids thinking? Can't they research who's behind antifa & how they're being played? Sad case of the unwitting getting themselves sacrificed for evil. Poor kids. Veterans, lock & load. Anyone with a mask or hood committing violence on the 4th has made themselves enemies of the American people. They don't even see where they're headed. God help those poor kids."

7. Ewent profile image68
    Ewentposted 6 years ago

Many of my male relatives fought the Nazis in WWII. So you bet I'm anti fascist. But, I'm anti fascist for another reason much closer to home. My Dad was born in Bari, Italy where thugs known then as the "Black Hand" killed off all of the older males for no reason other than a threat to their thug leaders.

When Mussolini strutted his stuff and came to power, my Father HATED fascism because he LIVED IT. He fled to the U.S. as a 7 year old oldest male in the family so he wouldn't be killed.

I am anti Fascist and don't give a fat rat's patoot who hates it. I would fight a Fascist regime in this country to my death if necessary. That is how passionately patriotic I am about destroying the freedoms my father fled Italy to enjoy.

If you are anti Fascist, you are an American patriot who knows that the Nazis are trying desperately to gain power just as much as Hitler did. And, if you know Trump, you know his own first wife, Ivana, told reporters back in the 80s that Trump kept many of Hitler's books at his bedside and read them voraciously. When asked what Trump seemed most interested in, Ivana said, "He was studying on how Hitler came to power."

As for Fox News. It isn't a reliable, truthful news source. It is owned by ultra right wing billionaire, Rupert Murdoch, with whom Trump has had decades of friendship.

So when right wingers try out their "alternate facts," all they do is prove covfefe is comprised of Fox News distortions of things we know we can prove in a court of law and they can't.

8. colorfulone profile image78

ANTIFA RIOT SCHEDULE: NOVEMBER 4, 2017
    The information below was gathered from ANTIFA flyers posted in cities across America advertising their plan to riot on Nov. 4, 2017.

Citizens avoid these locations at the times indicated. Share to friends or family if they live in these cities or anyone will be traveling there.

SEATTLE, WA
    Time: 12 PM Location: 4th Ave. & James St.
    Seattle City Hall Plaza
    PORTLAND, OR
    Time: 2 PM Location: Salmon St. Fountain
    SAN FRANCISCO, CA
    Time: 3 PM Location: Union Square
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Time: 1 PM Location: Pershing Square
    PHILADELPHIA, PA
    Time: 2 PM Location: Thomas Paine Plaza
    1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
    HONOLULU, HI
    Time: 9:30 AM Location: Ala Moana Park (EWA Side)
    CLEVELAND, OH
    Time: 1 PM Location: Public Square
    CHICAGO, IL

1. Ewent profile image68

Congratulations Nazi Boy. You are now publicly admitting you hate anyone who is anti Fascist? So, what is the opposite of anti? The word you are looking for Nazi Boy is "PRO." As in Pro Fascist.

As for the rest of your lies and inability to live in the real world, don't for one minute think you are a majority of Pro Fascists. Your ProFascist Movement is full of beer swilling, bone idle, beer swiling, head shaven high school drops outs.

You need to know that we fight back and intend to "punch back harder" before we will EVER allow you ProFascists to think you have any rights under the U.S. Constitution to proliferate your lies, hate and disgusting displays of a Stars and Bars rag you use to intimidate.

We won't be intimidated and you could walk away with butts with our shoes hanging out of them.

By the way, here in NJ? Rutgers on Wednesdays ripped down all of the Neo Nazi posters some of your Pro Nazis posted. That is how we in NJ deal with Pro Fascists like you.

So tell us Pro Fascist. Do you bow when Trump walks into a room? Do you beg for his attention? Do you kiss the hands of the Dry Drunk Bannon?

You won't ever get the chance to rule our government with your hateful Pro Fascist Nazi tactics. We are 300 million strong against moron haters.

Colorfulone, more of the stuff you were handing us for the arrival Columbus Day? I don't trust rightwingers nor their media sources.

Newsweek is a responsible journalism source and I am going to give them much more credibility in regards to this 'overthrow'.

http://www.newsweek.com/antifa-waging-c … ory-681219

That was a good read Cred, thanks.

Now I am off to see if I can find any Antifa info that isn't just from InfoWars.

Nah, just kidding, I don't have the time, and your link makes sense to me.

GA

2. colorfulone profile image78

I hope none of this true, but I care about people enough to take the risk to be on the side of error.  I don't have to be right, I say "I can be wrong" often enough. 

https://refusefascism (dot) org is a good example of what the so called anti fascists are up to, based on one of their many websites. The timing may well coincide just prior to November 7 elections in some states.

Take the time to remember the far left in the 60's... The Weather Underground, the Black Panthers, and  their violent urban warfare campaigns. At the time there was a spike in bank robberies, attacks on National Guard armories, theft of weapons, kidnappings for ransom, and acts violence like bombing police stations, then there were assassination attempts on public officials, and they even got to publicize threats in the media.

I'm getting information I can't share, from different sources, but I will share the information I feel safe with.  Like I said, I hope this is not going to happen, that no one will be harmed or worse.  Its happened before, and history does repeat.  You don't have to trust this info, but Nov 4th is just around to corner.  I hope nothing happens.  Be safe!

Added: Do some web searches to see what groups like BLM and the American Communist Party have on their web sites, while your at it if you want to see for yourself.

Your right, I hope none of this is true about reports of a left-driven subversive disruption. While I deplore and want to do away with the political right as it is now organized, I am committed to doing it the right way, using the power of persuasion within the Democratic process.

With all of the threats of a rise of the radical left consistently coming from the Right, I have to ask how much of this are they fomenting?

I read the NYT article, both parties are going through schisms. The Trump people verses the establishment RINOs. For the left it is the mainstream establishment Dems verses a newer, populist left, which I find more comfortable.

Yes, we had the Sixties, there is not enough evidence to think that the radicalism of that period will reappear. But I see strident Anti-Semitism and racism as the foundation of White Nationalists and their affiliated groups. I see that now, and today. They are the ones pining for the "race war" so that they can establish their White dominated society beyond the point that it already is.  They are looking to incite the spark. These are the groups that are distinguished by the fact that they are heavily armed.

Who is saying the Anti-FA objectives are to attack all whites, the Anti-FA is not dominated by black people, so why would they say this?

Credence, when I saw this short video on the alt-right I thought of you.  Don't know that I agree with all of it, but it IS thought provoking:
            https://www.facebook.com/prageru/videos … 015171382/

You are right Wilderness, that video did have some interesting points. Thanks for the link.

Although not really applicable to Antifa, here is another PragerU video that speaks to the Left

GA:

That is an interesting video about JFK and Reagan.

Anyway, this is floating around the internet.  Don't know where it originated from ... but talk about subversive. 
                https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13758027.jpg

2. colorfulone profile image78

I listened to this PragerU video this morning by accident, it ran as an ad on a video I was going to watch, but it was so interesting that I had to hear it all.  "What Is the Alt-Right?"
            4:46 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHXL00wY3nY

It helped me understand what the heck the alt-right is about and how they line up better with the radical-left.  With all the subversion going on... things do get confusing, intentional.

I think we could agree that the alt and the left cultures don't belong in the Republican and Democratic parties.  Both parties need to be rebuilt so I don't mind watching bombs go off in their faces. I am sick of the status quo, and its time for newly elected officials that listen to the people and serve us. 

Thanks for taking the time to do the research.
            Added: I do not know the answers to your questions, but I will keep them in mind.

9. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

I saw a pigeon pooping on a Columbus statue today. Must be antifa raising its ugly head. Better late than never.

10. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

To Wilderness, GA and Colorfulone

Yes, I saw the video and the site which has a clear right wing bias.

The video did not distinguish moderate left from extreme, it just said that conservatism was the universal constant and that everything else was an aberration. There are a lot of people out here that don't buy that. You have to remember that Hillary Clinton almost won in 2016, that was not an aberration.

How much is there in common between the left and altright? Seems like conservatives and altright are both in the same camp, heralding Donald Trump. The left, including all degrees of being left, are left out of this bromance.

Civil Rights, women's rights, rights of labor and all the civilizing aspects of our present society all stem from the left. There are 300 million 'individuals' we cannot all have what we want in disregard to our neighbor. (That is unless you live in Idaho)

The Right eternally confuses the goal of equal rights for 'special rights', there is no such possibility of misunderstanding from the Alt-Right, we all know what they want...

Thanks for sharing folks, interesting, but no soap!!

Pretty much, overall, what I got from it as well.  The only really interesting thing was the "racism" exhibited by both alt-right and (far) left - I had never put the two together that way and do find some (some) correlation there.

That the two differ on a single man I don't any value on at all: the vast majority of the left's complaints appear to center around his speech and non PC manner.  Yes, they disagree with most of the underlying philosophy, but that's to be expected as much as the philosophy (with gross exaggerations) appeals to the alt-right. 

As far as equal rights vs special rights...well, I haven't forgotten the legal, required discrimination giving special rights to some at the expense of others.  And there are others; I don't see a NAAWP, I don't see college grant programs for only white males, I don't see a WLM (even the idea that ALM seems offensive to some) etc.  It's as if the poor and disadvantaged white population doesn't exist, when the reality is that there are probably more of those than poor, disadvantaged black people.  Or Hispanic or Asian.  They're just lumped in with the rich white people with the assumption that all whites are rich and privileged, that's all.

"Pretty much, overall, what I got from it as well.  The only really interesting thing was the "racism" exhibited by both alt-right and (far) left - I had never put the two together that way and do find some (some) correlation there."

if there is a correlation, it is a weak one at best.
        ----------
        "That the two differ on a single man I don't any value on at all: the vast majority of the left's complaints appear to center around his speech and non PC manner.  Yes, they disagree with most of the underlying philosophy, but that's to be expected as much as the philosophy (with gross exaggerations) appeals to the alt-right." 

Yes, his (Trump) philosophy and that of rightwingers are always suspect. The Alt-Right are just conservatives on steroids.... The vast difference in our philosophies and our objectives make comparing the reasonable left with the radical right, like comparing pineapples with hand grenades. Trump's coarse manner is just more fuel on the fire.

--------------------------

"As far as equal rights vs special rights...well, I haven't forgotten the legal, required discrimination giving special rights to some at the expense of others.  And there are others; I don't see a NAAWP, I don't see college grant programs for only white males, I don't see a WLM (even the idea that ALM seems offensive to some) etc.  It's as if the poor and disadvantaged white population doesn't exist, when the reality is that there are probably more of those than poor, disadvantaged black people.  Or Hispanic or Asian.  They're just lumped in with the rich white people with the assumption that all whites are rich and privileged, that's all."

This little link explains my position on much of your comment. But the Right hates the PBS as a liberal mouthpiece, but it has been around for decades compared with the so called university (Prager U). You folks are free to create this NAAWP, etc, but in the light of how much wealth of the nation is held among whites compared with Blacks and anyone else, it would seem kind of silly. But, I will indulge those that take this idea seriously, but I will certainly laugh. Of course, not all are rich and privileged but relative to most of us (don't include Oprah Winfrey, please), you are....

http://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/002_0 … -03-02.htm

11. colorfulone profile image78

Well, well, well!
    PHOTO:  Neo-Nazi and  Unite The Right speaker Mike "Enoch" Peinovich's mother Paula Enockson Sippel with Hillary Clinton.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-2 … -tennessee

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)