Feed back for improving my article on procalcitonin as a biomarker.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)
  1. docashp profile image75
    docashpposted 6 years ago

Hello. I sent my article to Heal Dove. They found it useful but still there was scope for improvement according to their 
    mail.
    I need some advice for the same.
    https://hubpages.com/health/Procalciton … -Of-Sepsis

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What did the email say? There are usually some relevant suggestions at the end of the email.

docashpposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I received a mail informing me that the article has got value but it still needs  some editing. So they have moved the article into their editing queue. As the queue of articles to be edited is quite substantial, so it could take considerable time before they begin editing.   
        So the options are-
        1) Sit tight and wait.
        2) Edit the article yourself. If you choose this route, you will need to make substantial edits. Resubmitting the article with minimal edits or to a different Network Site will result in the article being rejected, and it will be removed from our editing queue.
        To safeguard that your article isn't rejected, please go to the Network Site where you submitted it and make sure that it meets the editorial standards of that site

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You might want to include mention of the recent public education program on this issue https://www.sepsis.org/sepsis-alliance- … onth-2017/

Yes public awareness about sepsis is important. Is there some limit to the number of external links that can be posted per article.
        Is posting direct links to the journals i have referred for the manuscript allowed?

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 years ago

A couple of issues.

There is always a space after a period/full stop and comma, never before.

Images must be Creative Commons licensed and credited as to source.

1. profile image0
      Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree. As an experienced writer coming out of his shell and enjoying the renaissance in ideas, Images must be Creative Commons licensed and credited as to source (gee, I'm starting to sound just like Rupert Taylor). You need to improve grammar and spelling. Your article must be of the highest quality to be moved to a niche site. So far, I have 4 articles moved to niche sites. I am extremely lucky to have them moved to niche sites.

Hi Ivan,
        Could you be more specific about the grammar and spellings improvement part. Your help is greatly appreciated.
        Thanks.

1. profile image0

I'd be happy to help. Grammar, Spelling, and use of nouns are important in an article. Grammar misuse, like "I go to the supermarket as fast as I can," spelling misuse, such as "invicible," "kell", or "hitting the baesball." or noun misuse, such as "cartoon network," or "I Had fun In The new orleans area" can ruin your article. It can even defeature your article if there's too many of them. Improve your article, my boy, and you can be a successful writer. The experts, such as theraggededge, Freddyscat, and Marisa Wright can help you.

Erick, where on earth can you see those misspellings and grammatical errors in docashp's article? Have you actually read it?

Docashp - you must fix those missing spaces. There is always a space after a period/full stop.

1. profile image0

She is right, you know. And I was giving him examples, and I read part of the article, but haven't paid attention.

rollrollroll

1. profile image0

Thanks for understanding.

2. docashp profile image75

Hey Rupert,
      The pie chart and pyramid images are my own based on the journals i have mentioned with the images. The rest of the images also do not have copyright issues, but i will confirm it again. Also i will proofread it again.
      Thanks.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 years ago

Ivan. There are worse things than sounding like me. Give me a week or two and I'll think of one.

1. profile image0

I'm sorry. I'm just a budding writer who's aspiring to be a successful writer. I'm earning an average of 45 cents a month with my 28 articles; 27 of those are published, and one is in draft mode. Four of my articles are in vertical sites. That could change by no earlier than October 21.

4. docashp profile image75
    docashpposted 6 years ago

I will try to fix it as advised and see if it works out for me.
    Thanks theraggededge & Ivan.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)