Sharing Interesting Facts about Countries of the World

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Endy Noble profile image66
    Endy Nobleposted 6 years ago

Hello Everyone,

When I first came to Hubpages, I thought it was a place for just writing. I never imagine it is a place for community interaction.
    A year plus down the line, I had realized Hubpages is a great people to connect with people from countries around the world. I have also learn about some countries, their political problem, their people and interesting places. That got me dreaming of visiting some of them someday.

Okay! Enough of the stories.

I actually thought knowing how many countries are represented on Hubpages could be a great thing. I decided to create this thread so that people can tell us 3 interesting facts about their country.

This is how it goes!

The name of your country and then 3 interesting thing about it.

Can we go people?
    Yes, I think we can!
    I start:

Nigeria

1. Nigeria has of 250 ethnic groups and cultures. And the Tiv Tsuwetsele dance also known in English as Tiv Cat Dance as the most fascinating cultural dance around the world.

2. Nigeria has the largest butterfly diversity in the world
    The areas that surround Calabar, Cross River State, located in the country’s southern region, are widely believed to harbor the largest diversity of butterflies in the world.

3. Nigeria has one of the earliest Civilization in the world
    According to evidence from archaeological sites and discoveries, Nigeria has a history of human existence that has been dated back as far as 9000 BC. The Nok civilization is the earliest civilization in the country, which took place around 500 BC up to 200 AD.

1. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Malaysia

a multi national country- Chinese, Muslims, Christians, Tamil, Eurasian, Sikhs
      different culture and festivals to celebrate all year round
      has the most public holidays in the world

Endy Nobleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I also read Malaysia is a large producer of palm oil. Stories have it that they took the palm or Kernel seed from Nigeria some years back and had transformed it into a National crop because of their industriousness and innovation.

I don't know how true those stories are anyway. Peachpurple, do you have any information on that?

Plus, I love holidays and festivals. I think Malaysia will be a good fit for me.
        Thanks for sharing with us.

2. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

Wales.

We have a lot of small mountains.

We have more sheep than people.

Roald Dahl was Welsh.

Thanks for sharing Theraggededge,
      The Wales must be a beautiful place I guess. I love places with mountains, hills and valleys. The landscapes are always beautiful and climbing a mountain to look down on the valley can be inspiring.

Do you have rivers in the Wales? I could love to know if there are fishes too.

Thanks! Thanks! And thanks so much for sharing!

3. Linda BookLady profile image81
    Linda BookLadyposted 6 years ago

The United States is a large place, but I will speak only for my state of Idaho.

People outside this state think we're known mainly for potato farming. But there's so much more to this state.

1. The largest industry here is science and technology including the Idaho National Laboratory, which is the largest Department of Energy facility in the country. Science and technology businesses account for more than 25% of the state's revenue; this exceeds all agricultural, mining, and forestry income, combined.

2. The largest contiguous area of protected wilderness in the USA is in Idaho. It is called the "Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness Area."

3. Idaho has 107,651 miles of rivers and streams according to river.gov and is a popular location for river rafting, kayaking, and other water sports.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Can I add that Idaho (my state, too) has:

1) the deepest canyon in North America in Hells canyon? 

2) The largest single structure sand dune in North America at the observatory (open to the public on weekends) at Bruneau Dunes State Park? 

3) It is positively covered with outdoor recreation, from camping to hiking to water sports to snow skiing.

Talk of recreation you have me body and soul. Idaho must be truly blessed and a great State to be.

Thanks for the addition Wliderness!
        Idaho is already on my wish-list!

2. Endy Noble profile image66

Wow! The United State is one of the countries I love so much. I read it's home to dreams and dreamers are always welcome.

I hear lot daily about the Washington State because of its political role. I'm aware of Idaho though with little information.

Thanks for giving me insight into the State of Idaho. Really fascinating information because of science and technology.

Of course, the river aspect also fascinates because I am was brought up in a riverine area. I love fishing and still do fish whenever I visit my small village, Odeke.

Perhaps, I could include Idaho on my wish-list and fishing as one of adventure to embark upon. Hahaha...Thanks for Linda Booklady.

4. Endy Noble profile image66
    Endy Nobleposted 6 years ago

Tell us something about your country. Interesting fact about places or persons will be a great fit.

Please let your country be represented!

5. AshutoshJoshi06 profile image82
    AshutoshJoshi06posted 6 years ago

India

- The Language, Cusine, Culture, Attire of people vary from state to state and even among different regions of the state. An experience of diversity in every bit.

- There are some Protected Areas/States especially in the North East part of India where not just the foreigners but even Indians need government-issued permit to travel. These areas have been home to various indigenous tribes.

- Finally, the obsession with religion and festivities.

Thanks AshutoshJoshi06 for sharing with us some interesting facts about your country.

I have read in text that Indians are good in pharmaceuticals.

Plus, their well develop agriculture.

Your sharing here is an added knowledge.

Thanks for stopping by.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)