Do Crystals Really work? -- Answering a question never answered

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (53 posts)
  1. newbizmau profile image86
    newbizmauposted 6 years ago

I was reading and about to answer an old 5 year forum thread that really never got the answer he was seeking, which was do crystals really work and if so some real life example of why you think so.

Many people tried to give some life experiences as to how crystals healed their grandmother or how it helped them in some way. I hope to explain a little further why crystals work based on the little science we do know of. I hope this helps anyone who has been skeptical to try something they don't fully understand.

How do crystals work?

Belief goes a long way when talking about things we can't see physically with our eyes. We have more control over our emotions, body, and general well being then we can accurately explain.

The explanation that you are looking for can be found in watches. Crystals are in watches to help keep accurate time. The gears are regulated by a tiny crystal of quartz instead of a swinging pendulum or a moving balance wheel which do to heat and cold or slight gravity change can get off time.Inside a quartz clock or watch, the battery sends electricity to the quartz crystal through an electronic circuit. The quartz crystal oscillates (vibrates back and forth) at a precise frequency: exactly 32768 times each second. The circuit counts the number of vibrations and uses them to generate regular electric pulses, one per second.

The reason all of that is important is that all crystals keep a precise frequency and when held close to our bodies we begin to mimic that frequency. Normally our frequency changes frequently. In simpler terms crystals help us focus. Depending on which crystal or combination of crystals we can achieve a certain vibration that we have learned helps us change our moods or heal in some way. There may be a scientist proving this somewhere right now and maybe we will have an exact way to measure or have a crystal recipe book for healing based on measuring frequency in our bodies. For now, though I hope this helps.

1. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"The reason all of that is important is that all crystals keep a precise frequency and when held close to our bodies we begin to mimic that frequency. Normally our frequency changes frequently."

what frequency? who has done test that show our bodies"mimic" the frequency of a crystal? Why dont the crystal's frequencies change, instead of the human?

Proof for your claims?

1. Oztinato profile image74
        Oztinatoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

How did that answer any of my specific questions?

By using eye balls and basic intelligence it is possible for any person to read and absorb information.
            As to why certain people refuse to read and study is another discussion.
            Read.

You made the claims, you back it up.

I've sent the info via links so it's been "backed up".
                You can lead a horse to water but......

2. profile image0
    connieowposted 6 years ago

Good morning,  thank you for your answer to the question.  This is the best answer I have read to date about how crystals work.  I use them with Reiki and meditation.  My plants and animals benefit, so I know it is not the placebo effect.  smile

Thank you again.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Have you repeatedly started and stopped the use of crystals, substituting fake plastic ones, and measured the effect on plants and animals?  While maintaining the same environmental factors such as water, light (amount and wavelength), food, temperature, your own mood/activity and time of month and year? Being careful to record all measurements and comparing them to the periods with crystals?  Have you found that the differences are statistically significant?

If not, how do you know it is the crystals affecting them?

1. profile image0
        connieowposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Because I see results when using them.  When I do healing and clearing work, my mood is a meditative state.  My plants and animals do not know what humans know.

But are you assuming it is crystals when it is something else?  That's the purpose of the testing - to eliminate other possible causes.  Including your mood, which most certainly affects animals.

1. profile image0
            connieowposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know it works, that is all that matters to me.   And mood is definite that is why I said I get to a meditative calm place before I do any energy/healing work.  smile  Thank you for your interchange.

And thank you as well - always interested in hearing a different viewpoint.

Wilderness
                You use crystals every day in technology.
                Does it affect your mood? Yes you like it. Keeps you active and allows communication.

No argument.  Do you think that is the use the OP spoke of?  I don't recall any mention of power input, electric circuitry or any other form of force/energy used in his description - just the presence of a crystal changes the human body.

Consciousness is energy. People's nerves run on electrical energy. Entanglement between atoms occurs etc. Sympathetic resonance doesn't just stop because we don't like it to be associated with anything spiritual or otherworldly.
                    The processes are the same.
                    Think laterally and it becomes very clear.
                    Read Tesla's ideas and he said the exact same thing about prayer being an actual resonance with the mind of God. Quite spiritual.
                    The question is "do crystals work"? The answer is a thundering yes.

3. newbizmau profile image86
    newbizmauposted 6 years ago

Wow wilderness, I'm glad to see you're so interested.

*shrug*  Claims are always so much better when accompanied with documented proof and peer reviewed and repeated testing, don't you think?

newbizmauposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I prefer to be on the leading edge of thought and life in general. By the time there is a cure for what kills us in this country most of us will be dead, meanwhile eastern cultures have been practicing these techniques for millennia and statistics show they live longer. Science and statistics don't always agree with my personal opinion.

And we all have opinions.  Whether those opinions are based on tests, experiments and facts or faith based desires is up to each individual.  Should you wish to believe that eastern cultures, with a different diet, culture, environment and even genetics live longer because of a belief that a stone changes their "vibrations" into something that will heal them that is strictly up to you.  You can even call it "leading edge of thought" if it pleases you to do so, although the fact that it has been accepted for thousands of years would seem to deny it.

But for me I ask for facts.  Observable, repeatable results showing claims are true.  I very seldom get them, but I do ask and do listen.

4. Oztinato profile image74
    Oztinatoposted 6 years ago

Without actual crystals almost none of our modern tech could operate.
    It's all about the established scientific principle of sympathetic resonance.
    Tesla was way ahead in this field and now it is everywhere.
    So do crystals "work"? Yes they do multi billions of times a day.
    To exclude sympathetic resonance as linking both scientific and spiritual functions is wrong.
    Likewise the "newly discovered" principle of entanglement .

5. Oztinato profile image74

I checked out your hub on sympathetic resonance, actually titled The Truth About Gravity.  It was very good. Very related to this topic. I suggest reading it to anyone interested in this topic.

Thanks newbiz
        Many atheistic types don't realise that the most advanced scientific theories such as string theory are actually more akin to philosophies than actual maths proofs. This means that such philosophies are "ideas" the universe has come up with. Similar to our human laws and principles. Perhaps we can turn a human idea or philosophy into a math algorithm but it still arose in consciousness.
        Of course this is all speculative but so apparently is string theory, gravity and sympathetic resonance!

I like speculative because that means I'm where I should be, the leading edge of thought, not following the masses to a grave I didn't know was coming.

6. Oztinato profile image74

Once again I can't do your homework for you.
    Read.
    http://www.magnumopusdental.com/blog/po … tools.html

7. Oztinato profile image74

I can't read this for you but maybe you can read it for yourself.
    http://www2.ess.ucla.edu/~schauble/Phonons.html
    Please read up even wiki on Tesla.

8. Oztinato profile image74

Wilderness/liveandlearn
    Here is some more basic reading about crystals
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity
    Yawn.

9. Oztinato profile image74

Wilderness/liveandlearn
    Here's a great educational link to info re the electromagnetic spectrum
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro … c_spectrum
    There, you have material to read. I can't read it for you as we all need to do our own reading.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)