I know I've asked this before, but how do I get over 1K daily views?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years ago

How do I get over 1,000 views across all of my articles? I know you told me many times to write, and write until I get up to 50 or 70 articles. How exactly do I know what to write or what to research? How do I expect to find a topic that google is desperately looking for?

1. chef-de-jour profile image97
      chef-de-jourposted 6 years agoin reply to this

To get 1000 views a day you need to get your head down, your thinking cap on and your HP learning center lessons up to scratch! And then write decent hubs. Hard work pays off IF you can find the right niche area to concentrate on. Find a subject you are passionate about and can sustain and then try and write useful, informative evergreen articles which can compete with and better those of your competitors. Not easy. There are no quick fixes, so be prepared for the long haul. Best of luck mon ami.

2. greenmind profile image94
      greenmindposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ivan it just takes time. As in years. There's really no other answer.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It takes time and hard work, but also a bit of luck. If none of your topics are drawing the kind of traffic you want, try some new topics. My articles with practical advice get the most traffic. How to make something or fix something. How to make a difficult situation easier.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You can't. The good old days are gone. Only pursue this if it is fun, otherwise not worth it.

1. poppyr profile image92
        poppyrposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily. There are many people here who get 1000k+ views a day.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It is very possible, but as Sherry says, it is a combo of time,
        work and luck. As para says, do it for the fun.
        After a time, you will see what works for you

1. profile image0
          Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I already have more than 3,800 views across 26 articles, with over 60% of those views across 10 articles. Maybe I need to put my thinking cap on and submit more popular articles.

2. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

There is no easy way.  You need to write about what you know and what interests you.  You'll find it a more satisfying way to write than chasing traffic.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I get around twice that per day. About half of my articles do nothing or next to nothing, the other half get the two thousand. Susana S. posted a screenshot of her traffic on Facebook the other day, she gets in one day what I get in a week. She's literally getting fourteen thousand page views per day.

So pay no mind to me, look at Susana S's style and how she's basically a niche writer. You need to find a niche you can exploit continually.

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Wesman smile

So to the OP and how to get 1000 views per day....

The key for me was marrying keyword research with topics I wanted to write about. Understanding the kind of traffic potential *from search* that was available for a particular phrase or set of phrases was an important determiner of whether I'd write about it or not.Then I only wrote about the topics where I felt I understood who I was writing for and I geared the article specifically for that audience.

Sometimes I got that part wrong and so I would change the article to match the audience. E.g. you think you're writing for job hunters but down the line you find you're actually writing for kids doing their homework. Alignment between searcher, search term and copy writing is critical. It's an important aspect to be aware of and adapt to I think.

Quality is so important too. I don't believe I'm a great writer but I've always tried to write the clearest, most accessible, most comprehensive page available on any given topic. Your page *has* to be better than all the others on the same topic to be in with a chance. Read all the ones on the first page of the search results before you start and pick out all the problems with them. What are they missing? What bits are unclear? Which bits need fuller explanation?

*Some people do amazingly well with writing for social traffic, but not me. I've got a few hubs in development that I'm going to try out for that. It takes a different approach and one I've not mastered at all. Wish me luck?

Anyway, I don't want to start rambling big_smile. I hope there's something in here that'll help you reach your target.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

There really is no magic formula. Some folks git it, some folks don't. I seem to be perennially in the "don't."

5. docashp profile image76
    docashpposted 6 years ago

I think an average article gets around 50 visitors. So if you have around 20 hubs you will get your desired number. This is the mathematical explaination to the question, but there are a lot of other probabilties involved. A bit of luck will always be needed.

6. poppyr profile image92
    poppyrposted 6 years ago

Hi, Ivan. Don't worry too much about finding the perfect thing to write about. Often, topics you'd expect to be popular aren't, and something you write that you expect to not be popular at all can go viral.

I wrote about my favorite video game because I love the game so much, and now after another 20 or so articles about the same game, it makes about 60% of my overall traffic.

Just write about what you know and what you like. I think you said you play WOW? You'd get a huge influx of traffic writing niche guides on games. I don't know much about WOW, but think about difficult quests you've completed or items you've gained. Game articles tend to do really well here.

1. profile image0

I don't play WOW anymore due to the fear of losing. I'm retired.

Oh ok I don’t know then.

1. profile image0

I play simulation games. I have a Steam account, and I have 4 games in my steam Library, three of them I have active. I have Universe Sandbox 2, Cities Skylines, and a game currently in very early Alpha development in my steam Library. I also have a very heavily modded Simcity 4 Deluxe and a game undergoing development called the UniverSim, a god game unlike any other god game in history. It's due for Steam release in 2018-2019. What date, I dont know.

Sounds like you have a decent library of games to choose from! Choose the newer ones and write guides for certain parts. You’ll rake in the views in no time.

7. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

Firstly...

Write about something that people are searching for - if people are not looking for your subject then you will simply not get any visitors. Using the google keyword tool is an easy way to get an idea as to how many people search for particular words or phrases. Remember that what they type into the search box should really be in your title for the best effect...

Secondly...

Competition - phrases and words that have high search volumes will typically have a large amount of competition. Often competition from well established and trusted sites that you will often not be able to outrank. You need to find something that has low level of competition (do not look at the "competition" on the keyword tool as that is for something different - do the search and see what comes up!)

The holy grail of keyword phrases is the one with a large search volume that simply no one is writing about...

Thirdly

Quality - guess what, if you write crap you will not get visitors. Google will often stick you up front for a while to see if visitors like your page. However if they quickly go back to the search results or fail to read what you have to say or otherwise interact with your page you will soon be on page 1 billion of the search results.

So to get those 1000 visitors - write something really good that everyone is looking for and for which you are not going to have to compete with the big boys for... Often this means finding a specific niche and making a name for yourself within it..

1. profile image0

I am making a name for myself. I have 26 featured hubs coming from a person who's had C's and D's in English all of his life. Apparently, those C's and D's turned into a learning tool. In 6th through 12th grade, I did not like writing. I didn't like English, Either. In 12th grade, I read Beowulf and excelled in it. I even got a B in English. The other thing I want to mention was that I was in Intensive Reading from Kindergarten to 11th grade. On December 2009, when I found out that I passed the Reading FCAT, I was overjoyed. Looking back, I realized that my articles wouldn't have been successful without prior knowledge.

8. profile image0
    marcuscaineposted 6 years ago

I would get a Stumbleupon Account to help you get more views of your hubs.

9. TessSchlesinger profile image60
    TessSchlesingerposted 6 years ago

Ivan, if you want to earn money, there's a video on Skillshare about how people can earn money from gaming. It is very good. Essentially, there are a lot of gaming contests between people, and you act as a journalist for this - following the games, and making videos of the competitions. The people who do this on youtube earn a good living.

10. WiccanSage profile image91
    WiccanSageposted 6 years ago

I get about 5K-7K per day on average, and I think what has really helped is I have a niche. My niche is something for which I have a great passion, a lot of knowledge and experience, and for which I know there is a decent sized audience.

So as for what to write, I think it's best to go with what you are interested in and know about. If you're just writing to make money, choosing subjects that don't inspire you, relaying basic info with little real experience or insights to share, it's going to fall flat with the audience. That doesn't mean you need to be an expert, but a serious interest/enthusiasm and offering things that not the average Joe knows/thinks about is going to keep an audience reading through and coming back.

In addition to my topic niche, success has come from just writing hubs, doing my best to keep them up to HP standards (follow guidelines), using keywords and phrases (Google adsense keyword tools help with those), and I share them on FB and Google+.

It also takes patience, it took me about 3 years to start making more than pocket change here. I am approaching my 5th anniversary and my views & income have been steadily rising, especially with the new sites. 

Good Luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)