Select whose hubs you get notifications of.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

I think it would be a great feature to be able to select individual hubbers who you are a fan of to receive email notifications when they publish a new hub. I am increasingly noticing that the most popular hubbers are turning off email notifications because their inboxes are becoming inundated with notifications of hubs they may not want to read, but are too polite to 'unfan' the authors of.

What is sad is that so many hubbers are missing out on hubs by their truly favourite authors because they are not given the option to 'sort out the wheat from the chaff' by the email preferences.

No-one wants to unfan someone simply to avoid having to delete their hub notifications, but all too often that is necessary due to low quality content such as "Indian Actress gallery hubs" etc.

I really hope this post prompts hubpages to introduce a feature that allows us to choose which hubbers we get notifications from, as trawling through multiple hub titles looking for hubs of interest can become a chore, yet no-one wants to miss out on a good author's work by simply deleting all notifications, or by turning off notifications altogether.

1. Anna Erwin profile image60
      Anna Erwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I figured that just subscribing to the hubbers rss feeds is a pretty simple way to do this.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you didn't like their Hubs, why did you become their fan in the first place?

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously...

1. chaixkee profile image60
          chaixkeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It seems that hubbers are just joining the fan clubs without reading their hubs... just to have plenty of fans... I wonder what's the real basis of being a great hubber...One here can be a low-scorer with a thousands of fans, right?

mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That does happen I agree, but I am not one of those people I assure you. As I have explained above, I simply returned the compliment when they joned my fanclub, although lately I am checking to see if they have actually published any hubs yet before I join their fanclubs, as some seriously have no hubs published at all.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

Good point, but it was more out of good manners, as they became my fan first, so I simply returned the compliment.

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I'd just like a way to get notified somehow here on the site and not via email.

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Hey, cool idea Anna, I was wondering the same thing as Cindy! smile

Glad to see you back on forums, beautiful and witty Cindy! smile

Hi Misha,

Lovely to be back again. I too like Anna's idea and am going to give it a try. I agree with you that there are also hubbers I want to know immediately when they publish a new hub, whereas there are other hubbers that I like some of their work, but not all of it, so am happy to catch up with them in hubtivity.

I certainly don't join anyone's fan club just to get fans, although I suspect some people may have done that to me, as I am sure many like me automatically join a person's fan club when they see that person has joined theirs.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Well, there are many reasons for becoming a fan, you know smile And denying other reasons the right to exist pretty much reminds me of chick pics wars and such.

Yet even the number of people I just genuinely more or less like became unmanageable quite a while ago. Yet this RSS idea might work for me though, allowing me to sort of categorize my favorite hubbers at least in two groups - just people I like, and people whom I not only like, but want to read as soon as they publish something new. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)