Payout!

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (70 posts)
  1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

WOO-HOO!!

For the FIRST TIME EVER, I have reached payout threshold + with 3 DAYS LEFT in the month!!!

Happy Dance!!!

1. Everyday Miracles profile image86
      Everyday Miraclesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! There's been a definite uptick in earnings. I've made payout every month since July, I think (I was going over my numbers yesterday). Today's payday, too!

2. Susana S profile image95
      Susana Sposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Fabulous! Long may it continue!

3. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Me, too. Happy dance indeed;-)

4. Blond Logic profile image94
      Blond Logicposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations.

5. poppyr profile image93
      poppyrposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well done! big_smile

6. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well done, me too, so pleased for you.  Staff have done an amazing job:)

7. Ken Burgess profile image77
      Ken Burgessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13801552.jpg

8. profile image0
      Bob Bambergposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The next round's on Lizzy!!  Congratulations!  I've only reached payout a few times in the 5 years I've been here.  The HP staff has helped me tweak some of my hubs and it's been very positive.  I got a payout today and I got one back in June.  I give the HP staff much of the credit.

9. Ashish Dadgaa profile image45
      Ashish Dadgaaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@DzyMsLizzy,

Congratulations. smile

10. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good job!  The best news is that once it starts, it often continues...so may this be the first of many pay days to come!

11. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well done, Ms. Lizzy! Congratulations!

12. k@ri profile image85
      k@riposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yippee!!  Congratulations!

13. john000 profile image92
      john000posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. May you have many more. smile

14. Paul Kuehn profile image94
      Paul Kuehnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  My earnings are up to this month.

15. DGtal Montage profile image91
      DGtal Montageposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Can u please explain what payment threshold of 50 means? Do I have to earn it in A single month or do I have to add up the earnings of successive months to add up to 50 and then get paid? If I have earned 4$in a month will it go to waste or does it add up to calculate eligibility in future? Confused. Kindly help plz

1. Daniel17White profile image88
        Daniel17Whiteposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It carries over to the next month and continues until you reach that $50 threshold when you can get a payout. I've been here for about two years and I am finally coming up on my first payout soon. As long as you keep it up with the Hubs you can watch your earnings grow and carry over until you can get that payout!

1. DGtal Montage profile image91
          DGtal Montageposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Really appreciate your help. Thanks. smile

16. chef-de-jour profile image95
      chef-de-jourposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well done, you must be feeling great. Keep up the good work. Each individual success is a boost for us all on HP. Big hugs all round for the HP staff, they've steered the good ship through choppy waters.

2. amvabecreations profile image77
    amvabecreationsposted 6 years ago

Congratulations!!

3. Diana Majors profile image71
    Diana Majorsposted 6 years ago

Great job!  Keep up the good work!

4. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 6 years ago

That's so wonderful! Good for you, Dzy smile

5. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

Congratulations, DzyMsLizzy!

6. Syedtayyab profile image75
    Syedtayyabposted 6 years ago

Congratulations !!

7. Titia profile image91
    Titiaposted 6 years ago

Congrats! I only reach pay out 3  times a year I think.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hang in there, Titia--that was me not so long ago!  wink

1. Titia profile image91
        Titiaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

LOL too much work on updating and too little time to do it.

8. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Way to go, Dzy!

9. Gregory DeVictor profile image95
    Gregory DeVictorposted 6 years ago

That's a commendable achievement!

10. Lisa Jane39 profile image83
    Lisa Jane39posted 6 years ago

Congratulations

11. cam8510 profile image93
    cam8510posted 6 years ago

I thought maybe I was finally doing something right here on HP. My daily earnings had been growing steadily, but then suddenly doubled, tripled, and quadrupled. For something like this, I would expect a peak to be reached followed by a period of "correction." I hope it is real and lasting. And it is very good to see others enjoying the same blessing.

12. TessSchlesinger profile image60
    TessSchlesingerposted 6 years ago

I'm expecting this wonderful bonanza of great CPMs to disappear at some point. I hope it doesn't, but reality has a way of eradicating my hope! smile

That said, this could be what Paul was talking about when he said that advertisers would be competing! smile

13. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! I'm loving my payout, too. Received twice in a row for the first time.

14. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

Slam dunk!

15. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 6 years ago

Congratulations, Dzy. Wish you more payouts hereafter.

16. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

WOW!  Thanks, all!  And I return the good wishes to all of you, as well!

17. camarochix72 profile image87
    camarochix72posted 6 years ago

That's great!!  Congratulations!

18. anusha15 profile image84
    anusha15posted 6 years ago

I am sure you will have many more in future, Congratulations smile

19. paolaenergya profile image92
    paolaenergyaposted 6 years ago

Excellent news! I got my first payment after more than one and a half years! (Got my second ever payment yesterday).

Good timing to buy Christmas presents!

20. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! May it be the beginning of many more payouts to come!

21. revmjm profile image88
    revmjmposted 6 years ago

Is this really your first payout ever which is $50 after 8 years and 335 articles?

1. Susana S profile image95
      Susana Sposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Dzy is saying it's the first time she made payout within one month.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Susana S is correct, revmjm; I've made a number of payouts in the past, but I would always miss by, sometimes even just a few cents, of getting payout for that particular month!
      This time, I hit the threshold with 3 days left to spare within the month.  ;-)

1. paolaenergya profile image92
        paolaenergyaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I actually misunderstood and thought the same, i.e., that it took 8 years to get the first payout. Phew! Once again, congratulations! Time to buy those Christmas presents!

Happy holidays smile

22. EricFarmer8x profile image94
    EricFarmer8xposted 6 years ago

Nice job. I have not earned enough to get paid yet myself. But the current account I am using is very new.

23. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

I am looking at the time of year, and seeing the huge (for me) spikes in the dailies, that I suspect its from holiday gift purchases, and it may just all crash back to where it was before once the holiday season is past.

24. revmjm profile image88
    revmjmposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the clarification, DzyMsLizzy and Susana S. I was just wondering. In that case, CONGRATULATIONS!

25. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Congratulations!

26. Terrielynn1 profile image84
    Terrielynn1posted 6 years ago

Congratulations

27. cmiller0161 profile image90
    cmiller0161posted 6 years ago

Woop woop, hell yeah, you go girl! I hope you treat yourself to something awesome with that payout! big_smile

28. profile image0
    robertzimmerman2posted 6 years ago

Congrats! I just received my very first payout and I have been here 3 years (since "transferring" from Squidoo).

I wish I had more time to write but at least what I created is generating profit, however slowly.

29. TessSchlesinger profile image60
    TessSchlesingerposted 6 years ago

It accumulates until you reach $50. When you hit $50, you get paid out.

30. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

DGtal, The money remains in your account until your total is $50. You do not lose it, even if it takes several months.  If you keep working at it, it tends to add up faster as time goes by.

31. Jessie L Watson profile image65
    Jessie L Watsonposted 6 years ago

Been publishing some hefty articles since I joined seven weeks ago. Still have yet to figure out how to make money. Help.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You are still a short timer, but yes, your articles are hefty-- and a lot (maybe all) have been moved to niche sites so that is a very good sign. I think you will do well, but it still requires patience.
      Click the "Help" button, upper right-- you will find FAQ's and Learning center links that will answer questions. Enjoy!

1. cam8510 profile image93
        cam8510posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I want to back Rochelle up on her statements. It will take Google and the other SEs a while to get you rated, and I don't mean just a few weeks. I think it will take months. I scanned all of your hubs. Good stuff. You might consider breaking some of the lengthier paragraphs up some more. Also, add more Photos or anything to break up long stretches of text. At least that's what we are told will help us get a higher rating. Good luck. If you keep adding to what you've already published, I believe you will be very successful on HP.

32. cam8510 profile image93
    cam8510posted 6 years ago

My percent increase from my lowest earnings in November to my highest was 233%.  Did everyone see this kind of improvement? What caused it? It is welcome, but I am amazed at how it picked up. The lowest was very near November 1st and the highest was a few days before November 30th.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I noticed it too. The increase is a result of the new Header Bidding and Exchange Bidding Dynamic Allocation that HubPages is doing now to get advertisers to bid for ad space on our hubs. It’s working!

Thanks for that explanation. I'll look it up and learn more. If we are this happy about it, the advertisers must be really P'd off.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
          Glenn Stokposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Here’s a link to Paul's announcement of it...
          https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … ith-google

The theory is that it works for advertisers too. Otherwise they wouldn’t be spending their money on advertising. But that’s another discussion.

Thanks for the link. In the past my earnings have been so low as a fiction writer, I haven't paid much attention to these things. I am now adding other types of hubs, and that's where I'm seeing new income. The bidding competition, if it can be called that, seems to be working. If the advertisers are happy and we are happy, it could add up to a Happy New Year for all.

2. cam8510 profile image93

It isn't only a change in earnings. My page views are up 150% over the month of November.

33. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 6 years ago

Congratulations ! The Hub pages earnings are going up and I hope this trend will continue in future too.

1. Gregory DeVictor profile image95
      Gregory DeVictorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I should be hitting another payout this month.

34. Gregory DeVictor profile image95

OK, my earnings have markedly increased since September. Before that, I was in the Dark Ages.

From what I'm reading here and elsewhere, it's been rising since June or July.

35. Matthew Hotaling profile image84
    Matthew Hotalingposted 6 years ago

Nothin like your first payout!

No kidding. My first payout has been some time back, but I am now getting them each month. I think this upturn will inspire a lot of quality hub writing which can only make things better.

36. Gregory DeVictor profile image95

Over the past twenty-four hours, I have had to make some serious updates to one of my hubs. As I live life backwards, I see that I had wittingly left out the most important ingredient when writing the original hub. While these changes will probably not impact my future earnings, I can join forces with two mentors (not Hubbers) who write on similar topics.

37. TheShadowSpecter profile image84
    TheShadowSpecterposted 6 years ago

DzyMsLizzy?  It always feels good to make money on the Internet.  It reminds you that there actually exists a world beyond the rat race of the job force, where you can get paid what you feel you're worth.  Of course, I realize that making money on the Internet has its fair share of difficulties too.  Still, it's nice to know that such an option is still out there.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)