define Satan, define God.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 16 years ago

Maybe at some point everyone can agree on something,  maybe a good place to start is to define God and Satan. 

To me Satan = suffering,
    God = state of bliss, perfect holy state, path to enlightenment, spiritual connection a deep dwelling inside and outside, ultimate truth, or answers that bring peace, or a way of peace, the perfect light, the space between space, the energy, the soul...life, love, compassion, understanding, the giving, giver, and the maker of Satan, the pusher, the bottom, the thing that makes you yearn for something better, the balancer, the blamer, the tempter etc. 

I personally believe they work together, all things will resolve into God or the state of bliss, the end of suffering, the eternal state of peace ie: death and pefect spiritual birth.  After death could be absolutly nothing at all, zero, blank, nothing, no thoughts, no feelings, no emotions, nothing at all, no means for suffering, no cause for anything but eternal rest in perfection. 

Or a conscious life without a body or mind, just perfect thought always perfect conditions, no pain, to need for justification, no need for validation, the state of perfect light, the origin of light, in which you become actual light and are free to roam forever and ever, forever giving birth, feeding life, a condition like light where no matter how hot or cold it is, the condition is always perfect.  Where thoughts are like a tree or wind, or stars, never worried, never sad, never afraid, continually reshaped or reformed, a perfect seed that grows so slow that eternity has no meaning.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 16 years ago

Sandra you are something of a poet. For me the devil means, 'I didn't do it, the devil made me'.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

That's a tough question Sandy smile

I did the best I could in another thread, talking about day and night, summer and winter - duality in essence. With the understanding of Satan being the counterpart to angels (or evil to good), and God embracing it all...

Being the part of duality Satan (and angels!) disappear as soon as one adapts a non-dualistic worldview...

1. profile image0

yeah, I see your point, on the other hand I think it is wise and enlightening to understand the greater purpose, via science, spiritual etc.

It's like having a baby ( sorry you can't push one out yourself ) it friggin hurts, but its makes the baby that much more special, because you conquored pain and then you just brought into the world something remarkably amazing and truely perfect in every regard. 

Then it grows up and dies, could have nothing to do with God, but I would rather live in the spiritual thought that my child is more special to something other than myself, if that thing felt it had to take her.  big_smile

2. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 16 years agoin reply to this

And here is where the circle is complete...where the serpent eats its own tail...

Once duality is recognized, its the learning of how to not be a part of it. To do that, one is to learn what circumstance/thoughts/etc.. create duality consciousness, and learn to help keep those states of consciousness from manifesting by changing your self, which will change those around you as you set the example in your own thought, word and deed.

It is my belief that we are intended to walk the earth as unascended beings...ones who have realized duality and learned to show the way out of it, and want to be here to continue to show the  way until all people understand it. But, eventually to ascend and be on the "highest spiritual side of creation", to guide, spiritually, those that are unascended and those that haven't understood duality yet. There are many eternal souls that have ascended (saints, sages, masters, angels, gurus, etc) and are doing this now for us here that are learning about duality.

No, Misha, evil does not disappear, nor the angels...as long as there is one mind/soul of a person perpetuating duality, those two forces are present;  and there is to be someone (or the many) in  physical body that are learning more and more about how to not create duality to continue to spread the "Word" about duality and how to get out of it.

Is anyone interested in learning more about duality and how to help yourself and others not perpetuate it? That is what Christians are trying to do, and Buddhists and others...there are just "new teachings" that are needed to show the next step and keep those that have gotten to this step from getting caught up in duality again.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I did not make myself clear smile Or was not clear myself when posting that tongue

I did not mean literal disappearance. What I meant is that for a person accepting non-duality Satan/evil changes from something to fear and avoid to yet another facet of God's jewel - pun intended wink

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
          SparklingJewelposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Of course. Isn't that a lovely ultimate vision to hold smile If it were only that easy! And actually it can be a lot easier when a person accepts that they can command angels to change the minds, hearts and souls of all those that are steeped in that sense of duality. The omnipresent power through those that desire to be an instrument of that power can work the works that can make the necessary changes to transmute that sense of duality.

1. profile image0

That was probabaly one of the most beautiful things I ever read.

2. profile image0

Gotta love the Buddha, I am with you there in your thoughts.

4. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 16 years ago

Do think the ideal of Buddhism is to transcend duality. But then what we do
    without our 'Us, Us, Us, Us and Them, Them, Them, Them'..

1. profile image0

I think the true Buddha makes all things void.  It is neither about us, or them, it is not about illusions or reality, it is nothing.  but in this life, we do not have to suffer, suffering can be done away with, if you first understand the causes of suffering.

1. Calvinist profile image61
        Calvinistposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Try and make that philosophy work in impoverished Africa or Communist China. It is a nice sentiment but has nothing to do with reality.

1. profile image0

I see your point calivinist, but those things could be changed if the people where willing to change them,  the people who want power and control, kill for it, are the ones who make the things seemingly impossible. 

I think this Calvinist,  there are 3 billion chirstians in the world, you have a book or moral conduct and code, and things that we should do, so how come 3 billion people can't change the world for the better, why is there 3 billion christians who say, feed the poor, treat each other as equals, yet, everything gets fixated on irrelevent questions that do not make life any better?

1. profile image49
            Mrs. Gielczykposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Because contrary to popular belief, Christianity isn't about having a good life or a life without suffering now. It's about eternity.

1. profile image0

With respect, that is your interpretation, and not everyone sees the same as you.  Not even your Christain brothers.

5. Silent Assassin profile image61
    Silent Assassinposted 16 years ago

God is truth, justice and understanding.
    The devil is deciet, deception and malice

6. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 16 years ago

There once was this guy, who I thought was like me.

A moron, a fu** up, the lowely,  I thought well he must be a friend.

But when I gave an opinion, something changed.  I couldn't imagine it was something I said. 

We made amends on account of a picture, something we both thought was better in the end. 

Then I gave an opinion and it started all over again.

Then used our amends to signify death as a tool for punishment for nothing I did. 

I said, you know what it's ok, I love you, God Bless, all men were ment for something, and some come with shame. 

when reaching for light, why think of the sorrow, just let it pass by, and other things follow.

For even in the light, darkness has a shadow.

7. Inertia profile image53
    Inertiaposted 16 years ago

Satan= father of lies

God= father of truth

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)