2 hubs, no money.what am I doing wrong, or not doing at all??

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (30 posts)
  1. cherrymeekins profile image58
    cherrymeekinsposted 14 years ago

My name is Cherry and I am 2weeks new to hubpages. I have posted two hubs so far.But I havent made anything on them yet. no comments or friends..So, what am i doing wrong or not doing? I dont understand how the kontera thing works. Ive been trying to get that set up but im having issues.. Can anyone tell me what to do and how to go about making money? I am self employed, slow emplyed and I need to make extra money. I enjoy sharing my interests with people and my experiences, but from other hubs Ive read hubpages can be profitable if its done right. Help please!!!

1. fayans profile image62
      fayansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No you don't do anything wrong! Good job on those 2 hubs but please allow me to suggest a tip or two.

If you're into making money with your hubs, the first thing you have to be aware of is this,

No one is interested in how good your painting is (don't get me wrong...you did an awesome job) but people (those who are going to click your ads - adsense or kontera - or buy your products) are VERY MUCH interested to know if there is an immediate solution to their acne (or yeast infection and whatnot) problems.

The question is how to "push" your writing to the right target audience. For that you need to read all you can about SEO as what Ultimate Hubber has suggested.

Remember your job is to provide a solution to their problems. If you get this right, the rest is cake.

Worry NOT about comments or fans, they don't ring the cash register.

That's pretty much my humblest opinion.

Oh one more thing, it's NOT how good you write, it comes down to WHAT you write - and write well.

cherrymeekinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, gotcha.. So instead of making it a relating hub I need to make it a solution hub..This is really good advice and this helps me alot.. thank you!

2. dendav44 profile image60
      dendav44posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I feel you !I have been doing this for a few months now and while it is frustrating at times, success does not happen overnight--be patient and stick with it and you will achieve the success. It is about building you business, building links and writing as many articles as you can and finding a niche.

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i would think that earnings would increase with the more hubs you have. good luck.

2. adsensesecrets profile image60
    adsensesecretsposted 14 years ago

you are only 2 weeks old! it takes time! stay active and make more hubs and posts. people will respond. earning money takes time as well.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Be patient. Hubs take their time to get audience. Stay active in forums. Try doing some SEO. Get back-links. Click here to read a few ways to generate back-links to your hubs.

cherrymeekinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And what is SEO? I have no clue whatsoever...

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine optimization means you optimize your site to get more traffic from search engines and search engine traffic is what really earn you money.

Here is a hub on getting traffic from search engines: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-more … ne-traffic

4. Bredavies profile image61
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

I have only been on for a week. And From what I read on "how to get traffic to your hub" You should comment and chat with people. Thats how you make friends. And you can't make money until you write a lot of good quality hubs.

5. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

You are doing nothing wrong, it takes months for the money to kick off and adsense is a bit slow at the moment anyway. Wait to the winter when all the holidays are over and in the meantime just keep writing those hubs, good luck !

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Cherry, all of the previous Posts have said good things.  I'll just add a note about how it works (so far anyway) with my Hubs specifically.

I just started tracking my Channels for AdSense (I don't do much with Amazon and nothing with eBay) and can say with some certainty:

1.  Of all my Hubs (um, I think 158 or so now) TWO get most of the AdSense clicks.  As has been stated here, they answer needs for people who are looking hard:  How To Build A Survival Cabin On A Shoestring Budget and How To Dig A Hand Dug Well.

2.  Quite a few others get a click NOW AND THEN but you never know when.  Some, maybe once a week.  One, I'm not sure it had EVER gotten a click before (it's on my poetic-humor website, not on HP)...but it was a $3.24 click!

3.  Now, guess I'd better get over than and take a look at YOUR Hubs....

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The ones that get no clicks or just one a week you should tweak Ghost by just changing the title a bit or adding a few extra lines of content, that deff works. But $3.24 for poetic-humor, nice one !

7. cherrymeekins profile image58

But can anyone tell me how to do the kontera links??

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kontera won't make you any money.

Not until you're sure you can make more than $5 a month. Otherwise it's just confiscated by Kontera.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

You need to write a few more than 2 to make any money. You don't need to do anything other than add your Kontera account number to you affiliate settings.

9. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

You write what you know about and be informative. If painting is your thing.. great smile Consider what others need to know about it and stylize your hubs accordingly. Be patient and don't give up your day job until you achieve your earning goals.

SEO = Search Engine Optimisation.  Effectively, you are attempting to set Key Words within your titles and throughout your hubs.

To find out more about this read some of the many tech hubs writen by the many hubbers who work at that level.

So far you have gained some good advice from those who are potentially your friends. So making friends is not hard to do.

One of the best ways to make friends is to read extensively, the works of others and make objective comments on their hubs.

10. mommyfreelancer profile image73
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

Hello! Hey, don't despair. If there's nothing else that comes out of joining HubPages, you still leave with great people who are so willing to help you along the way! Proof positive is the response here, right?

I don't think I can give you much advice on earning money since I myself have just earned a few cents in the few weeks I am here.

Instead, I will say a few words on how to not get bored here (you get the point, right?) smile

1. Interact with other hubbers (forums are great)
    2. Read other hubs
    3. Comment on other works and forums.

Meanwhile, just write on the things that you like to write about and experiment!

Good luck! smile

11. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

This has been a great forum thread! I have myself made a whopping £0.18 so break out the bubbly tongue. I have gotten the impression that its probably just a good idea to write about anything and everything, have original content, have interesting content and remember what goes around comes around so participating on other peoples pages might attract them to yours.
    Hope this helps!

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have done well within a week. Both income-wise & publishing level.  You can now start gauging the subject matter that works for you.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for that comment, I took it as high praise indeed! I am having a blast doing this and am putting a lot of time into it (on holiday so its a good thing, tho I could be trying ebay or something, I just get a real good feeling about this for when I am back at work)

12. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Patience, and soon you'll get there. smile

13. cherrymeekins profile image58

You guys are are all so helpful and motivating.. Thank you for taking the time to give me all this advice. for free!! The best things in life are free and I appreciate all the heads up from everyone. Thank you again!! I am going to work on my hubs and make sum money!!

14. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I was having the same problem.  I read this thread and am now making $$$$$

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/285659

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You cheeky bugger lol lol

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, I thought bugger meant......... Just what are you implying?  Have you been talking to my sheep?

15. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Well, for what it is worth, I have been on hubpages for over 16 months, plus have published well into three figures worth of hubs, and so far I have had one payout by adsense of about £65 UK, and £2.56 of ebay revenue. On affiliate links (which I only started doing very recently), I have made just over $10 US.

Still, my tips are to join lots of fanclubs of authors you find of interest, post on forums, post on hubs written by other authors and most of all, enjoy the experience without relying on it as a means of an income.

Good luck and welcome to the hubber family.

16. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Also-- a brief profile (even if partially fictional) makes people feel like they know you a bit better. Mention your interest or experience, to get others to identify. I'm sure this post has brought you some views.
    If you are here to make money--it IS possible, but be prepared for the long road ahead. Good luck and welcome!

17. Kadmiels profile image52
    Kadmielsposted 14 years ago

don't despair i have been on hub pages for 7 months have 67 hubs and still have yet to make a dime smile but alot of these folks have some really great ideas and are way more experianced on hub pages then me and there advice is valued so take what you like from it and try it.. and keep writing and keep going it will come

18. txgal profile image60
    txgalposted 14 years ago

I am glad for coming across this forum. I just started out too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)