Gullivers Travels

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (41 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Ok - thankyou to those that have already said 'yes' smile

Here's how I (think) it will work.

I'm going to send Gulliver tomorrow, to his first destination. If I can get Mark Knowles address that is. He's going to start in France. It's relatively close to Portugal - so makes sense.

On his arrival, Mark can take a picture of him - and be as inventive (or not) as he likes. Then Mark can choose the next on the list or the first hubber that steps up.

All I need is A) A picture (or three). B) Some basic info about town/city/country. C) Something about you. What you do or where you write. Promote yourself if that's what you want to do. You can say as much or as little as you like. Or nothing, if you like to keep a low profile. All emailed to me smile

Then I can track Gulliver.

I'm going to find somewhere to host Gullivers travels and hopefully we can follow Gulliver around the world.

Gulliver is naked. He will be travelling light. Except for his surfer bracelet and his passport. And my UK address in case he gets lost.

So. If you're interested in sending Gulliver around the world - please let me know.

And please - if you do give Gulliver a bed for a couple of nights - no holding him to ransom. I'm skint ... big_smile

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv22/frogdropping/12082009761.jpg?t=1250073991
    Gulliver. Peeking ... though he is a bad taste bear.
    So he may just throwing things at the neighbours.

2. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

OH! I thought he was mooning me!! I will galdly take him. BUT there was talk about sending him to the states last, and I live in the states..soo..Ill emial you my address? and then...I dunno. he will get here eventually? Are you a littel nervous for him?

3. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Yep.... France - Greece - UK - Wales - Scotland - Ireland - Africa - Australia - Bumble Town NZ - Philipines - ASia - India - Isreal - Canada - USA etc. And everywhere in between.

Lucky Bear... What an Itinery hmm

frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pearl - I love that you say 'Bumble Town NZ' as opposed to New Zealand. Is that because Bumble Town is NZ?!

I'm thinking it's a great place? smile

1. Pearldiver profile image69
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well.. we've got lot's of woods for a bear to S..t In lol And it's the hub of NZ smile

4. frogdropping profile image77

Sorry Dennis - he's bear-assed naked.

It's a bear thing.

And I haven't decided who gets him - I think I'll just leave that to the individuals that give hime a bed for a few nights smile

Though I'd imagine if he got to the states he could be there a while - so much to see and do there!

And no, I'm not nervous. Neithers Gulliver. He's packed and ready to set off. Imagine. World travel for free.

*wanders off wishing she was a bear*

5. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I think it's a great idea! My son and I would be more then happy to take him for a couple of day's.

6. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

We can show him a good time in Tasmania - the little island under Australia.

I'll show him how to do some Taiko drumming, introduce him to a German shepherd, and maybe take him for a motorbike ride.

cheers, Eric G.

7. frogdropping profile image77

Oh thankyou Eric, Oh Ye Of Two Beards smile

And wrenfrost and everyone else that jumps on board!

8. love my yorkies profile image61
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

sounds fun so count me in.  out here in the wild west, there's lots to see and do and always have a spare room for a traveling bear who's out to see the world.   might want to pack him at least a scarf for winter, it does get cold here.

9. goodfriendiam profile image59
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

Count me in, though I might just ship myself, and let the bear behind....lol...This sounds like  fun so count me in Everett PA.

10. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Hes welcome in the Carolina's ,he can help me chase the Palmetto Bug..smile cheap snack for 'em bears

11. frogdropping profile image77

ok ... I'm on with finding somewhere to keep Gullivers travel journal, as well as blurbs about who's who, as he makes his way around the globe.

I've had two definites into my inbox and if possible, will you email me so I know for sure then twixt today/tomorrow I can create an initial 'official' list of folks that are happy to receive him smile

That way the person I send him to first can choose where next - and so on. Much nicer (I think) if everyone chooses his next destination.

Though I guess the states to I don't know ... Australia and back again would be a bit exhausting for him ...

12. rsmallory profile image67
    rsmalloryposted 14 years ago

This sounds interesting-I am in Hutto, Texas outside of Austin. I can introduce him to Henrietta-our town mascot. She's wonderful and somewhat unique for central Texas.

13. frogdropping profile image77

RS - just replied to you and thankyou!

I'm on with messing about with wordpress right now (I'm hopeless ... help!) and I'm going to create a list of folks that are happy to have Gulliver over for a few days.

He's actually setting off on his travels tomorrow afternoon - to France! His temporary Bear Keeper will be Mark Knowles. I'm told there may be some good times and yacht-perusing. A great first destination for Gulliver big_smile

As soon as I've figured out wordpress and made at least a start on it, I'll come and post the link here.

So - as before, if you're really serious about taking in my bear, email me and I'll add you to the potential Bear Keeper list ... and thanks to all!

14. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

What an awesome idea, count me in. South Western Ontario in Canada is a fabulous place to visit. I'll have to plan a great tour of my neck of the woods.

15. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

He can certainly come and visit us up here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, I promise, he won't drown.

16. frogdropping profile image77

Thankyou!

I have a fledgling journal started (this kind of thing is new to me) and its: Gullivers Travel

I'm updating the wannabe list as names come in - just email me for definite - I don't want to add you without permission smile

Maybe the Hubteam will let him hang out for a few days. Then send me some pictures of the 'secret' hq?| wink

And Gulliver is almost ready to set off ...

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely!  Our address is on the About HubPages page, on the right under the "More About HubPages" box.  You can address him to me, if you like.

17. Haunty profile image75
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

Wow, this is cool! smile

18. frogdropping profile image77

Haunty I do hope so smile

I'm hoping I get to some really cool places. Via Gulliver.

19. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I am in the U.S. West Coast and ready for him when we gets here. The family is preparing for his arrival. smile
    **Lucky Bear** I wish I was traveling like that!! smile

20. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Sound great smile I belong to an LJ group for a bear Huggy who gets sent around the world. I'll host him too smile

21. frogdropping profile image77

Ok girls. I'm going to add you to the list. All I use is your web link. Or if anyone that wants to join the list would rather I use a different link, maybe to a website they own or a blog? Let me know and I'll sort it out.

Maddie - perhaps we could get a picture of Gulliver bare back riding the office dawg? Ryans baby ... just you know, on the QT wink

22. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

So - is the bear en route yet? smile

Yep. Should arrive tomorrow? Or maybe Monday? Weekend etc. 

I thought he'd have looked like he was going to miss me Mark. At the very least.

I have a sneaky suspicion that he didn't give a monkeys'.

@ wordscribe - funny you say that but he should be dressed. But when he was bought for me, he came naked as a jay. Or a naked bear. His clothes were missing.

So feel free to dress him and bestow gifts upon him big_smile

23. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

He may come back with some cool attire, Frogdropping.  Could get a little chilly in his travels, plus he needs some souvenirs, right?  Looking forward to seeing him here.  When is he off?  Is he excited?

24. jnnfr271 profile image60
    jnnfr271posted 14 years ago

What a fun idea!  I'd love to have him visit me, but I think I'm late to the party...

25. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Froggy -- The capital of Canada will be an awesome place for Gulliver and the Gatineau Mountains are just across the river should he feel the need to visit the forest! Tonnes of blue berries to feast on! Add me in!

26. frogdropping profile image77

To both - you are not late to the party (jnnfr2) and I will add you both to the list smile

jnnfr2 - could you please email me and tell me your first name and where you live (not your address, just the area eg Houston, USA)? Then I will add you!

Also ... thankyou big_smile

27. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Frogdropping, I sure hope you know what you're letting your self in for. You don't suppose Gulliver would pick up some nasties to spread around like, oh say the swine flu thingy? I think I will  pass on it as my immune system is delicate. I wish him the best.

ralwus - on his (makeshift) passport it states that he's free of : fleas, ticks, charge, debt and life. Unfortunately I omitted 'flu'. Oops.

But I can attest to the fact that he can't contract the newly invented kill us all stone dead floooo.

Can he pass it on? Only if he fails to wash his hands. Paws.

And can I add you to the wannabe list?

28. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Dear froggy I would love to have him for a day or two. Maybe by the time he arrives I will have had my flu shots and not have to worry. I would not worry about such things if I weren't fighting off this dam cancer thing. I will email you dear.

29. frogdropping profile image77

ralwus - you are? Damn sad What a crappy gatecrasher you've got at your party. Be as well as you can be - huge positive vibes ralwus.

He doesn't have any nasties though - he left me behind wink

30. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Can't wait, If he comes in time I could take him to Oktoberfest. Or wait until next October smile

31. frogdropping profile image77

UW - you're on the wannabe list and 'm thinkingb he's going to end up in the US sooner rather than later, judging on numbers etc.

The Oktoberfest sounds wayyyyy cool! It's only August so I'm thinking if everyone has him a couple of days, plus travelling time, he should get round at least one person per week-ish smile

I wish I was the bear neutral

32. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

dear frog

Thank you for adding me to the list of Bear Keepers - I like your Gulliver website by the way.  Perhaps when Gulliver finally returns home you might be tempted to see the world via the same route?  I should be happy to accomodate a frog for a few days (it is very wet here with lots of slugs and snails and other choice froggy food).

33. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

There is a website? Where?

smile

1. Haunty profile image75
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn Haunty you were fast! Thankyou smile

34. frogdropping profile image77

Rik - now that would be pretty fantastic! If I could get over my fear of flying ... do you think everyone that becomes a Bear Keeper would be willing to [i]host[i] me for a few days?! I'd love it big_smile

And I'm sure that Gulliver would love to spend some time with you. Only ... you do know that he's a bear ... right?! wink

Mark I set up a site using wordpress. Seemed pointless doing this if I didn't track his globe trotting!

Here Gullivers Travel

And you're on there already - though as yet just scant info. I will make you 'bigger' once Gulliver's been. And if he hasn't arrived by tomoroow he's been bloody bear-napped! And I popped a picture of you on the hub I wrote about it. Him. You. lol.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)