Health Care reform, Why are so many fighting it?

Jump to Last Post 51-62 of 62 discussions (254 posts)
  1. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

We'll see how the 'guarantee' holds up...  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08 … 7282140:z0

...I'm guessing the dems will use their majorities to push through something not even remotely like the initial 'plan' (something bland enough to get all the now terrified dems to vote for it) and then the Obama will say, "See? I told ya!"

LOL!

2. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Oh, goody.  More goodies and 'truth' from Fox News.  Like. Wow.  That is so surprising.

tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This was a report of an interview with President Obama.

His own words.

From the AP.

.....??????

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://elsmar.com/pdf_files/various%20picture%20files/Sheeple%20Watch%20Fox%20News.jpg

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Giving those poor creatures a bad name like that!

3. tksensei profile image59
      1. profile image0

Wow.  Fox.  News.  Opinion poll.  Wow.  Like, that is so enlightening.

"The Washington Post-ABC News survey found that less that half of Americans -- 49 percent -- say they believe the president will make the right decisions for the country."

That's "Washington Post-ABC News survey"

I know you can read because you've gone out of your way to tell everyone how proud you are about it. Give it a shot.

1. profile image0

Woooo.  Imagine, people who can't read being writers!

Maybe you should keep repeating, 'there's no place like home, there's no place like...home' (Dorothy's home was Kansas, right?) between rounds of sake...  And tell me why anyone would humor you.

And if you think opinion polls sway my way of thinking, you're dead wrong (but then you always are).

This was a report of an interview with President Obama.

His own words.

From the AP.

.....??????

4. profile image0

So, I understand Glenn Beck was suspended, or took an unannounced vacation after Walmart pulled advertising from Fox after his "Obama is a racist" comment.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting; I had not heard that.  It will be fun watching some forum posters try to come up with their own............"thoughts".  yikes

5. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

1984 is closer than we think.
    Censorship of anyone is just one more step towards tyranny.

6. tksensei profile image59

Let's keep this simple.

Was the link I provided to a Foxnews Opinion Poll, or a Washington Post-ABC News survey?

Go ahead, take your time answering.

7. profile image0

Not interested, sorry.

8. tksensei profile image59

So it seems. I guess that's why you commented without knowing what you were commenting upon. Good job.

1. profile image0

dumb...  Go bait somebody else.  Sorry.

Don't beat yourself up over it.

1. profile image0

What?  That you are dumb?  No...yawn...don't think I will.  Think I'm voluntarily taking myself off of the forums as of tomorrow.

I cannot honestly imagine what your life must be like.  Sad.  And this gets so boring.

How dumb? Dumb enough to comment on something without knowing what it was I was commenting upon, or dumb enough to mangle English syntax in a fit of pique?

2. tksensei profile image59

Probably not.

Ah, I see. LOL

4. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a hard volunteer job, but I trust you can do it! Just think how much people will benefit from your effort, this will give you a motivation. wink

1. profile image0

I know that you and TK will, undoubtedly!  But then probably not, since I see you enjoy taking the wings off flies like children.

Men of you guys' age and temperament do need more motivation than average...obviously! lololol  wink

Well, I'm glad you take care of your parents, Misha. That at least is something, isn't it?  Probably a lot in the long run, sincerely.  And something you can at least be proud of.

I join Sufi, and a few others...  Ciao.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
                SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Take a break, but do not stop posting completely smile
                I understand if you decide to though, and it is a little sad a few people even joke about how some should leave.  Maybe they should think about why they need to resort to those tactics, again and again.

9. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

As much as us English moan and whine about our National Health service it is better than being held at the hands of insurance companies whom frankly take the pee. Me and my husband have private insurance to back up our National Health. It's cheap for us but as some of you say does not cover for the health issue you have previously had. What we pay towards the cost as a nation is nothing compared to the private cost. So is it not better to know you can have treatment whatever your position. It would scare the hell out of me living in America and having to rely on insurance companies for my health. I guess this depends on the amount they are going to take from you?

1. Amanda Severn profile image94
      Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've seen health insurance figures quoted as high as $750 per month on various hubs. Just out of curiousity, how does that compare to the UK's version of private health care? (I'm in the UK too, but have never had private health care)

1. Helen Cater profile image61
        Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We pay no more than 100 pounds per month,I cannot think of the figures off hand but I am sure it is around this and maybe less. We also had critical health which is seperate and this was £120 per month for both of us. Unfortunatly my husband suffered a heart attack 6 weeks ago but he is well and being cared for under the National health and there is in fact no need at this stage to use the private. because he does not need surgery. However if in the future he does and the waiting list on the nationl health is too long the private will kick in. We are covered both way and as for the critical Health, well that costs £120 per month and he now qualifies for a payout but getting the money is another thing. We wait each day wondering if this money is for real as it is a huge amount he is entitled too. Huge for us anyhow. The funny thing being we were going to cancel the policy with the recession back in Jan and just forgot to do it lol.

2. Plants and Oils profile image69
        Plants and Oilsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Something like £350 to £450 a year for a 30 year old on BUPA, I think.

1. Amanda Severn profile image94
          Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've never been tempted, but it's not too huge a sum. Personally though, if I ever get the urge to splash out on surgery I'd just as soon find the cash then and there. It's a bit like those extended warranties electrical shops try to foist on you. By the time you've paid the insurance for five years, you could have bought a brand new washing machine!

10. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Yes, let's have affordable health care for Americans, BUT...

Don’t get me started!  If only we could neutralize the iron fist of AMA and big pharmaceutical, and educate the masses that there are great alternatives to a MD that doesn’t listen and treats you like a hypochondriac.  Why CAN’T I have a healthcare plan that pays for a Naturopath, Homeopath, Herbalist, Massage Therapist, etc?!  I’m sure those 14 prescription and OTC meds my MD had me on cost a whole lot more than the natural supplements I now take from my Naturopath which I pay for.  As an added perk, I no longer feel lousy and don’t go to MDs, therefore don’t have to suffer the disrespect.

11. megs78 profile image61
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I just wanted to throw something in here that I think some of you may find interesting.  To me it demonstrates a country who will take care of its citizens no matter where they have to go to get that care. 

http://freep.com/article/20090820/BUSIN … 0420/1319/

let me know what you think,
    Megs

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it is civilized and highly appropriate. smile

12. tksensei profile image59
Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)