Is it a good idea to have a one world government?

Jump to Last Post 51-57 of 57 discussions (137 posts)
  1. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Zarm,

A bit more context to the conversation I had with Misha.

Q: If we are all One, and all God, why don't/can't we "play God" by, for example, walking through walls?

A: We chose to limit our perceptions to the viewpoint of one individual at one point in time on one probability path for a reason - this reason being that it is then possible to savor the experience fully, when it is unpolluted by other times, other places, other possible outcomes of life events, and other bodies' viewpoints.

While we *can* at any time stop limiting ourselves in this way, when we do so, we lose touch with the single thread of experience we would otherwise be savoring.

We are all one, which means that as soon as we lose touch with ONE thread of experience, we lose touch with all of them.

All of space and time and every being's lifetime experiences are suddenly all occurring at once.

It's not a question of "would anyone know" - of course they would, everyone would, because we are all one!

The moment separateness and physical reality are violated for one, they are violated for all.

We may not remember WHY we decided that separating out the threads of experience and savoring them one at a time was a good idea, but decide we did, and stick to it we will - at least that's how it looks from inside the timeline.

Or, put another way, any time your wall-walking was actually successful, your attention would cease to follow your body through time, so the only versions of yourself in the infinite probablility matrix which are still around to discuss the attempts are those which decided NOT to walk through walls, after all - even though some of the versions of you have convinced themselves that they tried their very best to do it.

Had you REALLY done your best, you wouldn't be here to tell the tale. Or, put another way, those of you that DID, as opposed to TRIED, are no longer travelling through time with your body. They have "ascended", as the superstitious refer to it.

On the bright side, angels can "fall", bhodisattvas can return, and the illusion of separateness can be recreated instantly.

Which allows us all to get with enjoying our own separate perspectives as though the wall-walking incident never occurred ... like hitting the "refresh" key at HubPages ...

Jenny

1. profile image0
      Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me, but your entitled to believe that.

I know that comment has to hurt, but something that is done at the expense of rational thought in such a manner is understandable.

Like V for Vendetta said "I know why you did it".

You want heroism, you want to persist beyond what you perceive to be what is commonly referred to as "death".

Eckhardt Tolle in my opinion really does not bring unique answers, he only brings more questions to answers that are hardly coherent.

I exist, apart from you.

What does that mean?  That means that the energy and matter and arrangement of molecules that makes up you is separate from that which makes up me.

What does separate mean?  We are separated by thousands of miles of earth and sea and all the matter and energy and particles in between us.

In a sense it could be argued we are all one, as their has been no true "void" observed yet in the known universe (although it is fairly easy to conceive of such a thing).  We are one in the sense that we are on the same fabric, but as far as one consciousness, nay this has been scientifically disproven time and again.

Neurobiology does not support the assertion that you and I share the same consciousness or are part of a bigger consciousness.

That said, it hurt me to type that. 

It really did, but I had to.

1. Inspirepub profile image71
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

http://www.goertzel.org/dynapsyc/1998/collapse.html

There are some interesting anomalous data points in the research to date, and a viable plan to test the hypothesis that quantum collapse is the source of subjective consciousness.

And, by the way, the "multiple worlds" hypothesis is a very respectable corollary of quantum theory. Likewise the fact that you are still here and haven't started walking through walls is no more remarkable than the fact that the Earth is perfectly suited to human life - if Earth wasn't suited to life, we wouldn't be here talking about it, and if you hadn't decided to stay corporeal, you wouldn't be here talking about it. Pure mathematics and logic.

I am not proposing this as a belief system, by the way.

It's just that when you really let go of preconceived beliefs - like the existence of material objects that our brain is wired to see - and you start to play with the more interesting corollaries of advanced physics, a whole world of possible explanations turn up which make perfect sense, mathematically and psychologically.

Do the thought experiment for yourself. Imagine this is the truth, just for the purpose of the game. (Caveat:  I respect that your life experience has made it important for you to hold to your objectivity. When one's perceptions have been denied as your were by your family, it is actually necessary to defend them vigorously. I don't want you to do anything which makes you edgy, as though you are betraying your self. Only do the thought experiment if you feel comfortable with it.)

Thought experiment:

You COULD walk through that wall - and if you did, everything would cease to have separate existence, and you would no longer be able to continue experiencing your individual life the way you do now - all of time, space, and the myriad alternate realities would crash in upon you at once. Not only that, but the world would also end for every other sentient being, past, present and future, at the same time.

Or, you could NOT walk through that wall - and then you would get to experience the rest of your lifetime one moment at a time, and see how it turns out. And so would every other sentient being, past, present and future.

Imagine that is actually the case, and you know it to be the case.

Would you walk through the wall?

Jenny

P.S. Zarm, I don't always take the time to cite sources or explain how what I say is based on science, if only a lay person's take on the science. I will also use wafty language or religious terms if that is the language which communicates to the person I am speaking to. If we were speaking one on one I would frame everything completely rationally for you, because that is your language, but there are others here for whom it is not.

I see no contradiction between our perceptions, just a failure on my part to provide sufficient context, and therefore to communicate. I apologise for the painful experience.

2. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

You are a very confused and sick young man Zarm.  You should seek help for that.

1. profile image0

You are a very cruel and arrogant old man, and one with a very blackheart.

Not everyone is "very confused" and "sick" who does not believe as you do, or who vehemently challenges what you believe.

Not everyone "should seek help" who does not believe as you do, however I know the tendencies of groups such as yours to relegate people who don't toe the party line to being "very confused" and "sick" and needing help.

I have gotten "help", I have sought out Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for ex-cultists who escape and evade groups such as the one you are associated with.  It is not the kind of help that found fault with me, it is the kind of help that very much so found fault with the people I was associated with and my parents (my parents pulled me into it as a teenager along with my siblings).

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is used to address Complex PTSD, and PTSD presumes a framework from which the victim was actually traumatized and not just "paranoid" or something. 

I am quite safe and far from the clutches of sick groups like the one you are a member of that preach end of the world scenarios and apocryphal messages.

You are the one who is sick and in need of help, but not professional help, you are in need of a heart.

I am done with my CBT, and I want to assure you that there are growing numbers of ex-members of groups such as yours, growing numbers of victims that will stand up to the tyranny of cults like the Legionaries of Christ or Fr Gruner's crusaders and others, and we will not be silent.

We will not be silent and be told to shutup and seek treament.

We will not be told that we are evil, and we will not accept the co-ercive tactics that groups such as yours use.

We are not afraid, and we are growing in numbers.  We are aided by people like the late Fr James J LeBar in getting away from the grips of organizations like the one you are a part of, and whether we choose to remain Catholic or not is our choice.  We are told by people like that man that we were never given a choice and allowed to do so for the first time in our lives, even if it means rejecting the Church should we so choose to do that.

We are not afraid, and you should be very very scared of us.

Scared, because we will speak out against the oppression and trauma we were put through by people associated with groups like Fr Gruner's or Fr Maciel's.  We will expose it, and show it to be the extremism it truly is, whether we remain Catholic or not (and some of us do).

http://www.regainnetwork.org/

http://www.regainnetwork.org/article.php?a=47246021

QUOTE:

"On Leaving the Legion

Superiors often lie to their subjects regarding those brothers and priests who leave the Legion. “He was mentally ill” or “He was sent on a special secret mission for the pope by Nuestro Padre” are just a couple of the ridiculous examples we witnessed, used by worried superiors wanting to keep hold of the men under their watch. There must be a better way to protect the remaining vocations than to lie about the discernment process of exiting members.

Parents are routinely lied to about the spiritual well-being of their sons, and by their own sons themselves. Legion rules dictate this. The religious may never reveal the true nature of his spiritual life to his parents. Parents are not only left out of vocational discernment, but are deceived as to its progress. A parent is often the last person to know when his or her son leaves the Legion, and that phone call is often to ask for money for the plane ticket home. "

We are many, and we will not stop speaking until people realize the very real threat that these kinds of groups have in store for people.

It is you who are sick, not I.  I have gotten help and come to understand through comprehensive CBT that it was ME who was violated, I wasn't imagining it all because I was paranoid or something.

It REALLY did happen.

http://www.regainnetwork.org/article.php?a=47245730

If you are so confident, click the above check list and see if Fr Gruner's Center meets all of those things.

It is you who are sick:
      http://articles.latimes.com/2000/jun/27/news/mn-45242

QUOTE:

"Some Catholic teachers read Ratzinger's commentary as an effort to purge the popular Fatima cult of its more sensational elements.

''Fatima had been pretty much captured by people who were vehement anti-Communists, somewhat paranoid and doomsday fanatics,'' said the Rev. Thomas Reese, a theologian who edits the Jesuit magazine America.

The cardinal, he added, is interpreting Lucia’s vision as scholars now interpret apocalyptic literature in the Bible. “Catholics don’t read the Apocalypse today and use it to predict the end of the world,” Reese said. “We see it as a call to faith. ”

I will end on this note:

http://www.icsahome.com/icsanews_asp.asp

Be very very afraid, for we will not be silenced.

3. Make  Money profile image66

Oh I see where you are coming from now Zarm.  I am truly sorry that your experience with the Legion of Christ has affected your belief in God.  I do not know much about the organization called the Legion of Christ but becoming a priest should not be mentally forced upon anyone against their will, by their parents or the organization they are enrolled in.  It would be counter productive anyways.

I am sure you will do well in college.

I did click that link that you mentioned but Fr. Gruner's Center does not meet the check list at all.  The Fatima Center is not even a vocational Catholic organization.  I have never personally met Fr. Gruner or anyone that is affiliated with the Fatima Center.  Nobody is forcing me to do anything.  45 years ago, before Fr. Gruner even started the Fatima Center most Catholics knew about Fatima and waited for the consecration of Russia.  Now for some reason without the simple consecration the message pertains only to the past.  Go figure.

Thanks for the last link.  On this page it says basically the same as what the Fatima Center have been saying about "suppression of religious freedom" in Russia. 
    http://www.icsahome.com/infoserv_new/ic … rn+faiths+

The way you feel at this time it may not matter to you but I hope Russia does not revert back to the time of suppressing all religions and the gulags like they did after the Russian Revolution.  Communism is not the answer.     

Mike

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I can definitely agree that communism is not the answer smile

I don't think Russia goes back to those times - Russians got a pretty harsh vaccination against it, and it will protect the country for quite some time. What bothers me though is USA that goes pretty fast in this direction, and American people did not receive the vaccine... Similarities are striking, suffice it to say that during communist times almost every Russian believed USSR was the only real "democracy" in the World. Does it ring the bell for you?

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What vaccine are you talking about?  I came in late, so I am confused but by the sounds of what you said, yip it does ring a bell.  sad

2. profile image0

I do agree that communism as the Soviet Union practiced it was indeed despicable and while unfortunate it does not strike me as better or worse than the autocracy that the Russians had before Lenin came along.  It just strikes me as different people being in power with a different distribution of power and structure to the oligarchy (as well as a different economic model).

You missed certain things about my last post, but I did not expect you to understand everything, and it is ok by me if you do not.

Just fyi, there are those that purportedly are against Communism who nonetheless use very similar techniques to coerce people (domesticated non government techniques).  If you want to believe that Fr Gruner and the Fatima Center do not, that is your concern.

I for one have tried to make you aware.

Pax.

1. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for you concern Zarm.  I truly do wish you all the best at college.

The Zar of Russia before the Russian Revolution may not have been too concerned about the amount of Russians that died in the first world war but I have read that in the 20th century USSR about 100 million Russians have died by the hands of their own government.  That's disgusting.

I just found this web site that verifies it.
        Quote from http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE4.HTM
        "In the process of that research, I discovered that governments have murdered millions of their own citizens, and that in some cases, the death toll may have actually exceeded that of World War II. To get some idea of the numbers involved, I surveyed the extent of genocide and mass killing by governments since 1900. The results were shocking: according to these first figures, independent of war and other kinds of conflict, governments probably have murdered 119,400,000 people, Marxist governments about 95,200,000 of them. By comparison, the battle-killed in all foreign and domestic wars in this century total 35,700,000."

Mike

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Oh, those 70+ years of communism rule. You can't even imagine how close Orwell was to reality. smile

5. Make  Money profile image66

That is exactly why I am posting in this thread shinujohn2008.  We are in a very threatening time in the history of mankind.

With Russia's recent incursions into the country of Georgia news broadcasters are saying that it could start the cold war again and possibly lead to a hot war.  Poland and the Ukraine have voice concerns over Russian expansion

Misha was exactly right when he said this.

You talk about similarities Misha.  You should read this report from July 2006.  What you said is real close to what this report says.
    http://www.fatimacrusader.com/cr83/lf172Suppl.asp

I am not trying to convert anyone.  All that I am saying is there may be a very simple solution for peace.  This articles talks about the simple solution.  There is a petition to sign.  If you do not want to use your own e-mail address you could get a throw away Hotmail or Yahoo address.

Thanks
    Mike

1. profile image0

This is bunk in my opinion.  Russia will absorb South Ossetia and the other region, that is all.

Of course Ukraine and Poland are worried (as well as others), but it is a different time and I think you are living in the past...

2. profile image0
      shinujohn2008posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hope We get a World where there is only Peace and No Poverty.

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Old-fashioned poverty, largely, was created by harsh environmental conditions in specific locations, often worsened by an event like a failed harvest. Some modern poverty is still caused like this, but a great deal of modern poverty is caused by wealth and greed. The trickle-down theory of economics doesn't work, because the people at the top make sure that all the wealth trickles up instead. I don't think "Peace and No Poverty" are compatible with corporate globalisation in its present uncontrolled state.

1. profile image0

I think you are one smart cookie Paraglider and I was very wrong about you.

That last sentence showed me that I was wrong.  Just that last sentence.

Zarm - no worries at all, and thanks. I think you & I got off to a bad start because of a misplaced joke of mine. Water under the bridge, OK.

2. profile image0

Greedy people are the main cause for poverty. They take every thing from people to make living conditions of others go very bad.

That's true. And these people have set in place greedy 'engines' that do their dirty work for them.

Lots of Kerala people are here in Doha, including nearly all the taxi drivers. They don't like the country, but they can send some money home this way.

1. profile image0

Ok,what about you

I'm the same - I'm in Qatar for work. It's far from my favourite place. Never been to Kerala. The closest would be Mumbai, but that's not close!

6. Make  Money profile image66

Yeah that would be nice shinujohn2008.  I sponsor a young lad from India as a foster child.  His name is Krishna.  He lives somewhere in south west India, I forget what the area is called, I'd have to look it up.  Just thought you'd like to know.  smile

Mike

1. profile image0

That is nice...It must be some where in Tamil nadu...i guess.....Basically i am from Kerala a small state in India and at present i am staying abroad.

Having the mind to help a child is great and really appreciated. Helping the poor ones is what Mother Teresa taught every one.

1. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We send letters to each other once or twice a year through the organization called Chalice Christian Child Care International.  I try to get one to him by his birthday but the last time I had to tell him that I'm usually late for my niece's and nephew's birthdays too. smile  Because Chalice is a Christian organization I figured he might be Christian so I sent him a cross.  But in his last letter he told me that he had fun when his village celebrated a Hinda goddess called Modakondamma ( I think that's the right spelling).  His picture showed that he was wearing the cross that I sent him though.  It's pretty cool getting the letters from him.  He likes to play cricket.  I think I get as much out it as he does. smile Yeah Mother Teresa did some good work in India.  I hear that it's continued too.

Mike

1. profile image0

Modakondamma is a Hindu Godess. The language of that Part of India is Telugu. the child you were mentioning must be some where in Vishakapattanam or he might have recently visisted that Place.
          http://hubpages.com/u/500876_f520.jpg
          I have some piece of information about that place which might interest you.

Visakhapatnam  District  is  one of  the  North  Eastern  Coastal    districts  of Andhra Pradesh and it lies between 17o - 15' and  18o-32' Northern  latitude and 18o - 54' and 83o - 30' in Eastern longitude.   It is  bounded  on  the North partly by the Orissa  State  and  partly  by Vizianagaram  District, on the South by East Godavari District, on  the West by Orissa State and on the East by Bay of Bengal.Paderu  headquarters of the mandal and division is situated about 110 Kms. from  Visakhapatnam.  Paderu is  a broad picturesque and rich valley with an altitude of over 900 meters above the sea level.  The entire Paderu is inhabited by schedule tribes with different sects and is surrounded by good number of hill streams. The presiding diety here is Modakondamma and important religious observation will be celebrated every year attracts a large number of piligrims and especially fire works will entertain the viewers, like any thing.

7. Make  Money profile image66

Hi shinujohn2008.  I finally got around to looking it up.  And you were right, my foster child Krishna lives in the Indiragandhi Colony, in Visakhapatnam City.  I was thinking he was in the south east of India.  I just looked it up on Google Maps.  He is in the north east but I don't think he is as far north to be effected by all the flooding that is happening right now from all the rivers that run out of Nepal, is he?  It was in the news here, the flooding is just terrible there right now.  I pray to God that he and yourself are safe shinujohn.

Mike

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)