Low HubScore

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (60 posts)
  1. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

What's wrong with my hubs?  I have very low hubscore?

1. arthriticknee profile image67
      arthritickneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The most likely reason for such a low score is non original content. Hubpages applies penalties for a variety of reasons and they decrease your hubscore.
      Anything less than 50 will prevent your hubs being found by search engines.

If you have any copied content. Delete it immediately

1. LVM profile image59
        LVMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't get it.  I'm really lost. 

All of my contents are orignal and some of my hubs have a score greater than 80 and sometimes even reach 90+.  My lowest hub has a score of 60.

I have just googled three words from the title of my popular hub and its ranked second on the Google search results.

What I'm worried is the score on my profile picture which say 2!!!

2. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have something to learn: hubscore never goes that low on duplicate content. And can you tell me how exactly Hubpages are preventing low score hubs from being found by search engines?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure?  I have two people who signed up under my referral.  Both have re-posted their Helium articles here, but they haven't gone on any fanning sprees or otherwise done anything wrong - yet their scores are very, very low.

1. Misha profile image63

In the low single digits?

2. Misha profile image63

I did not look at your hubs, because this most likely has nothing to do with your problem. Quit all the fanclubs you joined, and watch your hubscore skyrocket. smile

1. LVM profile image59

Are you sure over-fanning caused my low score?  I already have an inkling about it...

Or are you just jealous of my fans?  You yourself have a thousand fans.

1. Kmadhav profile image60
          Kmadhavposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LVM I saw your hubs they are very short just one or two paragraphs. Only few pictures Not only Hubpages even Google also gives values to Content Rich articles and hubs.

There is no problem with your Hub score. Hub score is fine but you should think about your profile score.

Try to write some more useful and creative hubs, give comment on others hubs, try to active in forums. You have large fan club. I also creates hubs on computer software related problems.

I also saw the robertkelleher profile score is only 1 and large fan club and only 15 hubs created till date.

Cheer up
          smile

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LVM, reread this response by Misha.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just had a look at them.  They all seem to be far too short.  Maybe they're getting penalized for being undeveloped?

Hubs are meant to be informative magazine-style articles, not one paragraph with a couple of photos.

1. LVM profile image59

I'll try to go over each of my hubs and make them all at least 500 words...

Anyways, thanks to everybody's advice!!!

2. Kmadhav profile image60

Agree from you.

4. candice5 profile image59
      candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't sweat mine was 0 to start with then hung around 12 I was rather embarrassed it gets better, plus I think the interaction, on these helps. that is why i interact. smile
      Plus I like the people. usually, just not the too religious ones.

5. Kmadhav profile image60

Try to approve comments only from Hub pages regular members.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh no!  I would say deny spam comments from users outside and inside hubpages but if you are getting comments from people outside of hubpages, this is good.  This is very good. big_smile

1. LVM profile image59

I have deleted all the comments with links either to hubpages hubs or outside sites.

6. Manila Girl profile image70
      Manila Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's what you get for fanning me, LOL.

2. Trekkiemelissa profile image64
    Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

If you are positive that its your content, see if there are any copyright signs by any of your hubs.  You can report anyone whom is copying your work.

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL no, I am not jealous. Take a look at Robertkelleher or ltsb07 (hope I spelled them right), they have the same problem. No other active hubbers have such a low score.

1. LVM profile image59

Of course you knew I was kidding...

1. Misha profile image63

No sweat, I am not a schoolgirl smile

2. LVM profile image59

I looked at Robertkelleher's profile.  I could count my blessings, my score is twice as his!!!

4. Susana S profile image95
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

LVM - if you go to edit hub, at the top it tells you what is wrong with that particular hub. You may get an idea from there what the problem is.

1. LVM profile image59

I don't see any message telling me something is wrong with any of my hubs when I edit them.  If i did I would have heeded it.

5. Angel Of Love profile image63
    Angel Of Loveposted 14 years ago

This implies hubpages scoring is inconsistent if not altogether defective.

6. Angel Of Love profile image63

Do you think a naked angel picture will raise my score?

7. Lee Alexis profile image59
    Lee Alexisposted 14 years ago

WOW! Nice avatar. Is that allowed here?

8. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

My score is rising, from two (2)to five (5)!!!

9. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

from 2 to 6 to 10

10. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

From 10 to 14...

Maybe being active in the forum raises the score.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you read the FAQ about HubScore?

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

1. LVM profile image59

Yeah, I've read it several times before, and again when I clicked the above link.

11. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

You're crawling out of the basement ... I believe ya just might see  the 90s by the end of the week. smile

12. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

I don't know what's going on.  My score is going up from a bottom low score of 1 a few days ago.  I haven't touched any of my hubs lately.  I just did a couple of posts here and there.

13. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

LVM, I didn't read ALL of the other posts, so if I'm duplicating here, I apologize, BUT:

I believe I can see a way to bring your HubScore up rapidly.  Your profile is very very brief and--with your reference and link--comes across as extremely promotional, even borderline spammy.

If you would like to experiment with my theory on this, then:

1.  Delete the link and reference in the profile.
    2.  Write a few paragraphs--200 to 500 words, say--about YOU.  Really YOU. 
    3.  Keep an eye on your score for a week or so, and....

Best of good fortune with this. big_smile

1. LVM profile image59

Thanks for the advice.  I'll try it and see what happens.

14. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

I'm monitoring my hubscore.  It is now up 16 points, from a bottom low score of 1 to 17.

1. Angel Of Love profile image63
      Angel Of Loveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Something is wrong with your hubs, or with you, LOL.

Look at my hubscore.  I'm new to hubpages, few hubs and few fans but way above your score.

1. tantrum profile image62
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The difference is that you have only 13 fans and I suppose you're not fanning everybody, like 100 hubbers per day in 2 weeks ! yikes

15. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

LVM, I was wondering too why your score is so low. Maybe your hubs are too short? I've already opened 4 and the word count is a little bit on the low side. The topics are good but you need to elaborate a little bit more on your hubs. Hope this helps.

1. LVM profile image59

Yeah, I think I need to do that.  Thanks for your advice.

My score now is 19.

16. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

Who's pushing me up? i'm already 22!

1. kmackey32 profile image65
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW you do have a lot of fans.

1. tantrum profile image62
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She's been fanning all hubpages. I bet she's your fan as well big_smile

1. frogdropping profile image77
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrum you're not wrong.

LVM you were given sound advice, re improving your hubscore. Maddie even stopped by and pretty much told you what you're doing wrong.

Yet you've fanned in excess of 70/80 hubbers in the last 17 hours. Are you listening?

Because your way of taking advice from those that give it is extremely skewed, particularly when you think about what you've said to me in another thread about asking for help in the forum.

1. LVM profile image59

You misunderstood me.  I was trying to compliment you there, and if I may re-phrase it, I would have said, "frogdropping is knowledgeable in hubpages".

17. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

An update on your score is probably not the best way to impress a community or prove that you have anything worthwhile to say.

1. LVM profile image59

I'm not trying to impress the community nor trying to prove anything.  I was just saying what I want to say and I'm sorry if my talkativeness hurt you.

18. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

I'm taking everyone's advice seriously.  But I'm not going to do everything at the same time but rather one at a time.

How would I know which action is more effective in increasing one's hubscore if I did everything that was said to me all at the same time.

I'm trying to be systematic, you know.

19. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Im gonna vote for your fan ratio as being your only problem - do a mass unfan, or hope that enough people reciprocate over the next couple of weeks

just forget about it for a bit, unless your looking for backlinks for other sites your score isnt effecting you greatly

20. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Look, LVM's had the information of what's wrong handed to her (although Maddie really did actually whack her in the forehead with it) and she's still not getting it.

It's probably best if we all just stop answering her and leave her to wallow.

21. Angel Of Love profile image63

LVM you're back to square one!

22. yoshi97 profile image55

Click on 'My Account' up above then click on 'Hubber Fan Clubs'. Post here how many fan clubs you have joined. If I'm right, I might have a solution to your problem. smile

1. LVM profile image59

I did what you said, but my browser would stop responding everytime.  HubPages program must have a hard time indexing the millions of fan clubs I joined.sad

23. yoshi97 profile image55

It's as I thought then. It's not the amount of fans you have, but the amount of people you have become a fan of.

Whenever you join someone's fan club, it adds them to this list. You are then notified whenever one of these people produces a hub, which, I imagine, can overburden the system a bit. My guess is Hubpages is trying to give you a silent hint not to join anymore fanclubs and to ditch some of the ones you have already joined.

This isn't about people who became your fan ... definitely keep those ... but this is about you being a fan of too many other people.

Unfortunately, the page I have been trying to get you to you load is your salvation (allowing you to stop being a fan to so many others) and it won't load for you. sad

I would check with the Hubpages staff to see if they could reset your account so that you *keep* all of the people that became a fan of you, but *remove* yourself from the fan clubs of all other members. Then ... I would tell you to become a fan of *only* those people who you think write really good hubs that you want to read more of.

I'm not absolutely positive on this, but is seems to be the only scenario that fits.

Keep us updated. smile

1. LVM profile image59

Thanks for the help.  I'm currently defanning thru my hubtivity page.  I have already defanned quite a number of them.

1. yoshi97 profile image55
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Remember to defan all but the ones you really want to keep. Try to get it down to 10 of your faves and write down any above that you find it difficult to get rid of ... then wait a week ... and slowly refan a few others you might really want to keep.

The goal is to get the number of fan clubs you have joined down as low as possible. With any luck, this fix should do the trick. If nothing else, it will keep your hubtivity from driving you insane. smile

24. Webber224 profile image57
    Webber224posted 14 years ago

Hi LVM,

Thanks for joining my fan club.  Your hubs are full of useful information.  Keep up your good work.

1. LVM profile image59

Thanks to you, too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)