Hub being ignored by Google

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)
  1. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I wrote about this a few weeks ago but am still confused. I have a hub that was ranked in the top 3 for its primary keyword in Google and it was getting 50 to 100 views/day, mostly from Google. It's got legit one-way DoFollow backlinks from 4 relevant sites PR3 or higher, and everything was seemingly hunkey dorey. On August 9th, Google dropped the hub. It's still indexed, but isn't ranking in the top 100, maybe even more.

I notice now that when I Google the primary keyword, the hub itself doesn't come up, but ranked 9th is "My Hub Title - Hot Hubs" with the URL:

http://hubpages.com/tags/my+primary+keyword/hot

WTF? Is there something I may have inadvertently done to make Google ignore my hub out of the blue and for so long? Why would it find the "Hot Hubs" listing and not the hub itself?

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I doubt if you did anything wrong. You write very high quality hubs. But more backlinks are always in order, even from your own blogs. And you have to keep them fresh.

Google is very fickle. What ranks highly one day can tank the next. That's why quantity is really important if you want to make consistent money online. All of my hubs contribute something to the bottom line. But 4 of them contributed 40% of my income for two months. Then dropped off a cliff. Now several more have taken their place. And I can tell that they are starting to fade. One year alligator burgers made my Spring, the next year rununculus plants pulled me through.

I honestly think that Google is constantly rotating its listings. No way to prove this but it just feels like it.

lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup, thank God for those rununculus plants! smile Seriously, thanks for the reassurance that I probably haven't screwed anything up too badly. What do you mean by "keeping links fresh"?

3. profile image32
    564626posted 14 years ago

This is because many peoples wrote same type of hubs. If 50 hubs on make money online and how to make money online and make money online free. Then google use /hot in last. Then highest point hub will come on the top. That's why hub point is important some time.
    This is not only with you it is with me too. I guess all who is making hubs. Get /hot in end. if, all hubs are in common category.

My two hubs ranked on google for first page. and most of them are not in 100. I added some articles on other sites. They come up from page 2 to 10. But not in case of hub pages. Right now i am not producing any hubs. Going for vacation.

4. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

And also Google is tweeking their algorithms.
    I had a lot of blogs that went from the first page to the fifth or sixth page in one day.
    My traffic dropped 75%.
    And it wasn't just me, a lot of people have been experiencing it.

If I run across anyone that knows how to fix it I'll let you know.
    So far, I haven't heard a good fix yet.

This is kind of what I was thinking as well, because this particular hub dropped off the face of the earth the same week they were supposedly doing a lot of tweaking. My other hubs stayed stable though. And my Yahoo traffic is stable as well.

5. Pumpkin head profile image61
    Pumpkin headposted 14 years ago

Be patient smile

There's a good chance it's an over-optimization ding. All the pages on hubpages will use the same name to link it, and if all your links on offside sites use the same keyword, and the article uses it a lot...

Linking to a page too much in a short while will also ding you for awhile

I thought this also could be a problem, particularly in light of Google's new algorithms. My primary keyword has a 5.38% density -- a bit high I think. I'll go back and see if I can't take that down a notch. Thanks.

6. Vacation Planner profile image56
    Vacation Plannerposted 14 years ago

I have also found this frustating. On some keyword searches you wer on page 1 with several people coming to your site from google search. The next week these same hubs end up on page 10 to 20.
    I guess patience and time will rule out in the end.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)