Men have a problem being sexualy enticing with thier partner

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 14 years ago

I have seen that men have a problem being romantic and adventures with their spouse! I wonder why this is? Is it because of fear and insecurities!

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, both of those, just like women! smile If the partner is wise enough though there seems to be a difference.
      I have been married to a very romantic woman, but she used her womanly ways to ensure that I remained romantic so I think it depends on the whole relationship also.

1. profile image0
        mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

earnesthub are ever intimidated by this and if so what do you do about it?

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes mdawson, while going through the long drama with cancer, I lost weight and libido.
          I told my wife about how depleted I felt and assured her that I loved her often and she eased it in to a conversation that there was a problem with my performance.
          We were OK, I had to recognize that it was not so much about the sex, but with the distraction of fighting the cancer I had lost focus!
          Being a typical human I bungled on and we worked it out.

It seems to me that sex although wonderful and important is best served as cream and strawberries on top of a loving relationship when it has been a long one, and love is the right area to examine when we are in a corner. Did not want to write a novel. email me privately if you need a bit of support. I'm no Carl Jung, but I have been there! All my love to you and yours in this difficult time. smile

1. profile image0

Thank You Earnestshub

2. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Umm I've never been with a guy who had those issues. And in my opinion you should be in a relationship that doesn't bring out your fears and insecurities. If you trust and are comfortable in a relationship then no problem.

1. profile image0

You bring up a very good point but what if one is more sexual y intimidating than the other!

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sexually intimidating like what? Meaning better looking? Whatever the case. If one is more-so than the other, then you work on it. Fear and insecurity should be something you discuss.

1. profile image0

What I mean is I have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and I fear that I am not always satisfying her even though she says she is! How do you discuss something that is as sensitive as this, I know my wife does not want to say anything that may lesson who I am and what I was! But I sense dissatisfaction!

So you bring it up without it being too direct or specific. Ask open ended questions. Could it be how often? How long? General satisfaction during?
            Figure that out first. Then ask specifically what she wants. I see no problem with that smile At least you identify that there may be a problem and you're looking for a solution.

1. profile image0
              Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100% with Cole...

mdawson don't be afraid to talk about it. take strength in the fact that she is with you, still loves you, and especially that she is still with you even when you were diagnosed with illness.

Sorry that you were diagnosed with a terminal illness, mdawson17 *HUGS*

1. profile image0

Thank you guys hubpages is my family and I appreciate you all

3. Pumpkin head profile image62
    Pumpkin headposted 14 years ago

Why be romantic when you already have a spouse?

Oh boy. Please tell me that was a joke.

1. profile image0

LOL

2. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're joking. Right?

3. profile image0

pUMKIN HEAD YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT KEEP THE FIRING BURNING (LOL)

1. profile image0
    4. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow if youa re married I feel sorry for your spouse. I do hope that was a joke...a very bad joke but a joke nonetheless.

4. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Boinnnnngg! The tent's up...time to go camping!  smile

1. profile image0

LOL you are something else Tom

5. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

No problem smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)