Nickname corner- how did you get yours?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (52 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I don't know if someone has already posted a forum like this so I'm going to post one because I am intersted in nicknames. I know ppl use their real names on here and if yuo do feel free to comment about maybe a nickname your friends gave you or something like that if you want. All others explain why you chose the nickname you have as your screenname, who gave it to yu, why you chose it.

I'll start hehe I know I'm a nosey lil buggar.

Crazdwriter was given to me by my mom. I asked her one day for help on choosing a new unique imaginative name that speaks volumes of not only me bbut my love for writing. So she said "why not crazd, c-r-a-z-d writer? Not crazy but crazd...it's unique and it does speak volumes of your love to write." And it has stuck ever since. I use it on my email and any other website I sign up for. It is me and I love the name. I hate it though when people say it wrong. It is not crazy it is not crazed...it is crazdwriter. Even my friends have started calling me that when we hang out espeically if there is someone with the same sounding name as my real name, Lacey.

I am also hoping that once I do get my foot in the door with agents, editors, and publishers, I'll be able to use that name in my name as author. Lacey 'Crazdwriter' not saying my last name on here sorry smile

Okay your turn!

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

luv that name ... crazdwriter... i noticed when i see films about writers (usually Albert Brooks films), they always say how we writers are crazy, haha...that's just 'cause we can't be fit in their little boxes.

'k, my hub name is from the novel Les Miserables. see, there was this little girl named Cosette whom Jean Valjean rescues from a life of indentured servitude. I just always thought she was a neat character, although not prominent...she added a nice dimension to the story for me.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2r3atsx.jpg

good post. I was wondering how some hubbers got their names smile

2. PhilD41 profile image66
    PhilD41posted 14 years ago

Mine is quite simple.  PhilD41 ->  Philip is my first name, D is my last initial.  41 is the university dorm I was in throughout school.  It was more Greek than dorm so it has special meaning to me.  My real life nickname, given to me in college, is IQ.  It doesn't go over nearly as well online.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very cool nicknames. very nice to meet you IQ. smile

3. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Lady E, was a nickname given to me by a special friend.  It kind of grew on me as other friends started using it too.

The E is for Elena. smile

1. profile image0

very nice...Elena very pretty name

4. livewithrichard profile image71
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

My girlfriend and I loved the Regis Philbin show, Live with Regis... I told her I could do that and she laughed and said yea we can call it...Live With Richard smile

1. profile image0

Nice! I like your girlfriend she's got a good sense of humor!

5. Song-Bird profile image68
    Song-Birdposted 14 years ago

Okay this is going to sound silly.  When I first started hubpages, I didn't understand it at all.  I thought I had to put a name to a "blog", which ended up being my first hub. Since I mainly write about decorating.  I named it "The Zesty Nest".  I thought my profile name should relate to that so I came up with Song Bird - also since I am a happy person.
    Here is something funny though.  My husband calls me Sparky because although I am usually happy my temper flares up every once in a while for a very short time like a little spark! smile

1. profile image0

Great nicknames! I like them both. Song-Bird is very imaginative in deed.

6. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Sure this question has been repeated million times before. I guess it matters who is asking though smile

Mine is just my short name smile

7. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

LVM - Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.  The three largest group of islands in the Philippines.  Kinda patriotic name.

1. profile image0

Very nice!

8. profile image0

cosette. it is too true what you said about us writers. I will not be stuck in a box lol I like to play outside of the box thank you.

And I really like how you chose your nickname. very cool!

9. purpleveil profile image77
    purpleveilposted 14 years ago

Mine's pretty simple. My favorite color is purple. I am extremely interested in the paranormal. I had a friend from Brazil that told me that it is an old superstition that a child born with the placenta across their face is believed to be psychic, and they call that the purple veil. I thought it was interesting and colorful, so I used it.

1. profile image0

That is VERY intersting, purpleveil. I never knew that. Thanks for sharing that very cool info. I too am into the paranormal. smile

10. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Weird story behind mine. My legal name is "Elizabeth", but I've been known as "Lisa" all of my life. Elizabeth is an oft-used family name on my Dad's side of the family. As each child was born, they were given a different nickname to be sure that they didn't wind up with too many "Beths" or "Lizzies". As a matter of fact, my sister's legal name is Mary Elizabeth (told ya it was an oft-used name), and she's been known as MaryBeth her whole life.

My Mom was known as "Fern" for 80 years. HER legal name was Catharine. But her baby brother always said "Cafern", so Fern she became!

1. profile image0

Very intersting. I like your mom's nickname and sister's nickname too

11. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

my nickname is too long to get into but the 1098 represents 10/1998 a special date

12. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

Mine is the middle names, Lily & Rose, of my two daughters - the loves of my life!

1. profile image0

Beautiful middle names indeed. and it's great that you show your love for them by using them as your user name. kudos to you.

13. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I was very close to my grandparents and my grandfather used to call my grandmother "ladybird" when they passed, I missed hearing that so much...so now it's my profile...for my grandparents that were so very good to me. 33 is my favorite number...

1. profile image0

Very sweet story. I bet your grandparents are smiling because you have used it in memory of them. smile

14. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Eagle ..I think they are very special bird!
    Kiwi...Im a New Zealander (also known as a Kiwi)cept I dont have feathers or a beak-lol.

And I married an American so we wanted a new email that would link us both for family n friends..hence

Eaglekiwi was created smile

1. profile image0

Very cool way of catching your nickname on here. I really like it. Eaglekiwi...very nice and it rolls of the tongue very nicely too. smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thankyou wink

15. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

My name is the inital of my middle name and my last name is well , it is simply my last name. smile

1. profile image0

AEvans...I like it....makes you wonder what the A is.

16. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I am not to creative so I just used my name . But they call me Tone Loc at the office !

1. profile image0

It is still creative nonetheless because you used your real name. Tone Loc huh? that's an intersting one. Why do they call you that?

1. tony0724 profile image61
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A rapper from the late 80s . Although I am as far from a hip hop guy as It gets ! smile

1. profile image0

really a rapper? Huh I'll have to look that one up I don't ever remember hearing about him lol

17. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I have a long string of middle names and the one I prefer the most is Elizabeth.  I've always preferred Beth for short and for the 100, well, I'm a slight perfectionist.  big_smile

1. profile image0

Really how many middle names do you have? I myself have 2

1. purpleveil profile image77
        purpleveilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have two middle names, Marie and Mary.Go figure!

2. Beth100 profile image68
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

At last count, I have 8 legal middle names.  Sometimes, I seem to gain an additional one (lol) or lose one (oops...) but I wouldn't consider these to be legal!  big_smile lol

1. profile image0

8? Dang woman....was that your mom's doing, your dad's doing or your doing? And I thought I had the most because I had 2 big_smile

1. Beth100 profile image68
            Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, this is kinda funny...but it was a family event.  I'm the butt end of a lot of jokes being the youngest and they just thought that it would be great if each person had a say in it all.  I believe it's called "involving the family".  tongue 

When I was really young, I had a identity crisis as each family member called me by their chosen name.  Talking about confusing!!  Now, they only call me by 5 different names! lol

18. profile image0

Okay when they say family affair or involving the family THAT is the farthest away idea from my mind. lol I'm sorry Beth...yea that would be sooo confusing.

19. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

All in good humor!  I'm alive, here and have learned to laugh -- a lot!!  lol

1. profile image0

Yea I would definitely have to learn to laugh if I had to go through what you did...wow.

20. Choke Frantic profile image69
    Choke Franticposted 14 years ago

My nickname is Tru and I got it from a friend because I'm a very honest person. I'm proud of my nickname =]

1. profile image0

I would be proud of that nickname too. smile

21. love my yorkies profile image61
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

My nickname is Boo.  it's just something my hubby started calling me years ago.

1. profile image0

Very cute

22. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

tantrum...because I'm a  spoiled child ! big_smile

1. profile image0

LOL

23. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

My wife likes Charlie 'stead of Chuck.

24. profile image0
    americhickposted 14 years ago

Just made it up!  I knew my hubs would mainly be about what's going on in our country and I'm a girl....hence, Americhick!

25. Eternal Evolution profile image70
    Eternal Evolutionposted 14 years ago

My nick name is foon, i actualy got it in middle school when ferbies frist came out lmao. my friend and i had furbies and they couldn't pronounce our names. his name was travis and the furbie called him treevis, mine could not say fallon and called me foon instead. this nick name has stuck with me ever sence lol.

1. profile image0

lol great story...and ferbies are EVIL lmao

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)