What are your Hubpages Goals?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (27 posts)
  1. PhilD41 profile image67
    PhilD41posted 14 years ago

This is more for conversation than anything else.  I also thought it would be good for me to get mine down in writing somewhere.  I am not sure a forum counts, but here it is anyway.

So, what are your goals here at Hubpages?  Some that come to mind, and my answers are:

1.  Publish rate:  at least 2 per month.
    2.  Earnings:  $50 month eventually. (no where near yet)
    3.  # of Fans:  As many as want to call me friend.
    4.  Author Score:  I would like to stay > 90.
    5.  Average Hubscore: > 75 would be nice.
    6.  Read / Write Ratio:  at least 50%. I would like to spend at least as much time reading others as I do writing mine.  I write slow so this could be quite a bit. smile  In reality, I have been reading much more than I write.

Okay, I am sure there are other goals I am missing, but these are a few to start with.  When it comes down to it, I have really enjoyed hanging out here and writing what comes to mind.  So, what are your goals, and how are you doing on them?

2. marinealways24 profile image61
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

My goal is...to visit the site 20 years from now to see what I wrote and what kinda idiot I looked like. lol

3. IslandVoice profile image68
    IslandVoiceposted 14 years ago

I like the word hub. I'm nowhere becoming an awesome writer, just somebody who likes the idea of posting my scribblings, thoughts and photos. I joined to be part of a community that could provide interesting and lively virtual stimulation. This I've found and friendship. As long as my family, facebook and twitter network can check my hubs and i can keep 'hubnobbing' with fellow hubbers, fan or not, I'm more than thrilled! Thanks for the opportunity.

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

100 Hubs
    1000 daily adsense impressions

Then I go from there.....

1. BristolBoy profile image64
      BristolBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think with 100 hubs it should definately be possible to get 1000 adsense impressions every day.  I am getting in excess of 200 each and every day, and that is without any additional work etc to ensure traffic to my hubs.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am currently only getting about 200-250 adsense impressions with 60 hubs.... so I guess that I write about the wrong things!

5. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

$5,000 a month every month, year after year.

1. profile image0

That would be very nice.... do you think that you can get there Nelle?

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I think the possibilities of this community are amazing. There are so many committed hubbers that I believe we can all push and help each other to lots of good stuff. Look what Uninvited Writer just inspired in another thread. Many of us just found a brand new way to promote our hubs. Without her, I never would be there.

1. profile image0

I am often inspired by certain people on this forum too, and uninvited_writer is one of a few greatly inspirational hubbers (your positive attitude is inspirational to me too).

Best of luck in trying to reach that goal, I will still be here plodding along when you do.... whether that is 1 year or 10 years.

6. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Right now to complete the hub challenge of 30 hubs in 30 days and I have 5 more to do!

1. profile image0

And how many days do you have left to do them?

7. WittyWordsmith profile image61
    WittyWordsmithposted 14 years ago

This is a great idea. I am new to Hubbing, but I'm swiftly becoming addicted to everything here!  It's extremely exciting to have found this community and be able to learn so much!  Aside from all of this, goals are good because I feel I'm here for a reason (to get better at writing and gain a bit of exposure if the world will have me.)

My goals are:
    publish at least 2 new Hubs a week
    continually improve and tweak old Hubs as necessary
    make $100 a month in ad revenue (so much to learn and so far to go!)
    Have as many fans/friends as will follow!

Thanks to everyone with all the amazing information and guidance here. Every day I read and learn and am so pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of this community! Me-thinks this is a great place to be!

8. wesleycox profile image70
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

My goals for hubpages is

1. To make a name for myself with my writing.

2. To make a sufficient passive income with my writings.

3. To make friends that are true friends.

4. To pass on a message of civility to all who care to read.  Hopefully to make a difference in the perception of the world in someone.

9. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

I have so many goals here at Hubpages!  Hopefully, I'll reach them:

1) Reach 1,200 fans by my one year anniversary: July 5, 2010

2) Earn an average of $35/Day through Google AdSense

3) Reach 500 views/Day

4) Reach a 100 Hubscore

5) Publish 250 Hubs by my one year anniversary

Of course, I want to have fun while doing this!

1. profile image0

You joined one week after I published my first hub, so much kudos for the number of fans and the hubberscore that you have earnt since!

10. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

Would have to be just for fun, cuz the money is not much.  After I saw earnings, I had to stick with other methods.  My hubpages goal is to have fun and to give out information that can help others in the process.  At first it was money, but I learned fast on that one.

1. profile image0

The money is there to be made.... it is ultimately the people that keep writing that are seeing big earnings. We all know a couple of the high earners, but I also know a few other very high earning hubbers who make a very good sum of money for a 2 day week on here.

1. profile image0
        annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I just feel like if you dont keep writing continuously, your earnings dwindle away.  I know other sites that are like that, just not as bad.  The earnings do not dwindle as fast.

1. profile image0

You do have to keep writing to see your earnings grow, but my earnings have started to balloon at 60 hubs.... I can now say that I have a daily income from hubpages. Its not much yet, but I have earnt something every day for the last 34 days, I suspect that by the time I have 100 hubs it would reach the next level etc etc....  But anyway, each to their own wink

11. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

i have no Hub goals.   hmm   I just go where the wind takes me.  lol

12. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

ok, ok, ok, I am lazy, I haven't written a hub in a while.  I admit it.  I am wanting something for nothing I guess...lol.

13. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I think you have to stay active and write - no doubt about that.  Still, you don't have to be "writing your head off" all week long to keep earning.  I only write when I'm in the mood, which is only a few Hubs a month, if that.  The existing Hubs keep picking up earnings, though, so as long as you have a bunch of Hubs I think there's some earnings.  (I'm being paid monthly, at least for now, so it isn't like writing only once in a while means not having any earnings.)

14. LVM profile image58
    LVMposted 14 years ago

A score of 50 by tomorrow.

1. profile image0

Why is your score so low?

15. PhilD41 profile image67
    PhilD41posted 14 years ago

Thanks to everyone that responded.  There are some very ambitious goals out there.  Some just made me laugh.  Anyway, best of luck to you all and if you feel like it, stop back by and give an update or two. smile

16. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Hubgoals....neber thought of any..I guess just to write and see where it takes me on here. I wanted to write and get paid but THAT isn't happening. Doubt I even made a buck yet. But I like writing so why not even though I haven't really been lol I like writing fiction more than nonfiction. Maybe I should do that more. I am working on some short stories to post.

Also to make some cool new friends. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)