How Many Unpublished Hubs Do You Have?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I have been getting into the habit recently of finding a decent hub title (via the google keyword tool), starting the article, and then moving on to something else having not finished it (or not even started it in some cases). Occassionally they never get finished and get deleted instead.

I found myself with 11 unpublished hubs yesterday, and I have decided to either finish or delete all of them before I start another title....

So I have now published 3 of those and deleted one, going to make sure (through discipline) that I have no unpublished hubs before starting another.

Has anybody else done anything similar? Just curious.

2. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

At the moment, I have no unpublished hubs.  I was doing the same as you a couple months ago but found I needed to stay focused on one subject at a time.  There is no need to try and scoop up a title - url since there are so many combinations to choose from.

I find it easier to stay focused on one subjet or theme until it is finished and then move on to the next.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with everything that you said, so it sounds like you had the same awakening as me wink

2. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was doing the same as you and ryan kett...on a few hubs...I only kept about 1 or 2 hubs unpublished...But, now I'm all caught up!

With me...I think the title is everything...so I like to capture  the title URL...as quick as possible...especially if it is a catch phrase...or close enough to a catch phrase.

3. DoodleLyn profile image71
    DoodleLynposted 14 years ago

I have just one unpublished hub right now. I kind of like your idea, though, of having a few started. Your sub-conscience can be "working" on them while you are doing other things. Think I'll give it a try, but maybe with only two or three unpublished hubs.

1. profile image0

It didnt work for me DoodleLyn, it just meant that I had loads of half finished hubs which I struggled to get back into wink

I am going to stick with one hub at a time, unless they are all very closely related.... e.g. Darkside seems to use the methods of publishing many hubs at the same time, all a series in a same topic.

4. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't delete them if I were you - call them "Work in Progress".  I have a few like that and sometimes come back to it weeks/days later to complete it and publish.

Your post reminded me of this (200 unpublished):

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17689#post262549

1. profile image0

Damn, I just deleted all but 1 of mine.... you have let me down Lady_E, I needed your wisdom earlier big_smile

1. profile image0

But I can of course press 'Undelete' roll

5. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Ive got one unpublished ,that I started a few hours ago, doing me head in a bit, so Im here in the forum ,which seemed more attractive than mopping the floor lol

6. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Oh while Im at it ,can someone suggest a good place to get some free pics from , not royalty free ,but free ,free ,thanks smile

7. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

I just keep a list of Hub Topics in Word, so I don't forget any ideas.  I then just work on one Hub at a time, so never have any unpublished.  It's getting to be a very long list though - need to do more writing and less topic finding!

8. JamesCurtis profile image60
    JamesCurtisposted 14 years ago

I have quite a few unpublished hubs mostly relating to topics that are specific to events or products that aren't current. For example I have several relating to the football World Cup in 2010 that people won't be searching for now but will probably get traffic later on in the year/early next year. If I publish now they will get the Google bump for freshness now and then drop down the rankings before there is demand. It gives me time to think about a backlinking strategy as well as securing the keyword rich URL. I suppose it *could* be considered cybersquatting to a degree, but I am actually going to write the hubs so my consience is pretty clear(ish).

9. Gennifer profile image52
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

I also concentrate my attention on different topics at the same time and not always finish all of them. I need more discipline. Going to work over this problem. Maybe in the near future here will appear my new hubs smile

10. wesleycox profile image71
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

I have been writing for the hub challenge and have 38 hubs finished but not published.

11. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

I write my hubs in Note Pad and then copy them here, so technically speaking I have no unpublished hubs, but I know without counting that there are at least 10 unpublished hubs saved on my hard disk. big_smile

12. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

I currently have nine unpublished hubs.  One advantage of having an unpublished hub which is worked on over a few days is the hubscore is already at a decent level when the hub gets published.

13. Ladybird33 profile image68
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I have 3 unpublished to finish my hubchallenge, got kind of behind sad

14. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I have 7 unpublished and 3 that are seasonal smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That reminds me...I have a few that are seasonal as well. I need to give them a break away from the main account...until the next season. AE...always with the good thinking... smile !

15. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I don't have any unpublished Hubs, but your thread makes me think maybe I should approach writing Hubs differently, get a few "starters" going, and use that approach.  I'd get more Hubs written that way.  Sometimes it's more productive to have a few irons in the fire.

16. trish1048 profile image68
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

None, unless you count the two in my head smile

17. charlemont profile image75
    charlemontposted 14 years ago

I have 3 unpublished hubs and about 2 in mind planned for creating smile
    It's a cool feature of hubpages to let users keep hubs in 'half-ready state' until they're seasoned. Sometimes a brilliant idea strikes me and I rush to HP to edit a paragraph or add a couple of lines big_smile

18. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

None, I write and publish. My seasonal hubs will just be kept online gaining google juice.

19. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

unpublished? none lol I write and publish right away lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)