Get Yer HubNuggets Here!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (36 posts)
  1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years ago

We're off and running! Get to the polls and pick your favorite Wannabe!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Road-To-Pub … HubNuggets

2. love my yorkies profile image61
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

I voted!

3. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Yay!  Fresh HubNuggets!

It's late now, but I'll be back to wrestle with my decision and vote tomorrow.

Great hub as always, B.T.  smile

4. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

I'm off to do me som reedn

5. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Ease on down, ease on down the road....zooommmmm!  I'm off to read the nuggets! smile

6. ripplemaker profile image77

HI BT, two hubs http://hubpages.com/hub/Outdoor-Bench and http://hubpages.com/hub/Will-it-Blend-B … eakin-Cool doesn't have comment boxes.  Hope the email got through to inform them of the Hubnuggets. smile

Great choices BT! smile

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that, too and thought it odd - I wanted to leave a comment to say that I actually bought one of the mentioned benches!

7. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

I am so happy to be one of the nominees and can't believe that out of 2000+ articles mine was chosen!  Like the Wannabe faq say, I've been promoting like crazy since I found out but I keep getting calls and emails from friends and family saying that when they go to the link it doesn't give them a vote option, only shows the percentages....anyone know if there's a glitch or something?

1. ripplemaker profile image77
      ripplemakerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Lily Rose and I'm so happy you are promoting.  That's the Hubnuggets Spirit.  Go, go go! smile

As far as I know, you can only vote once.  So if somebody has voted already they will see the poll results.  Are they using the same pc?

That's the confusing part - no.  I realized that my IP address must be recognized, which is why my husband wasn't able to vote, but friends and family who are in other states are telling me they can't vote...

Thanks for the congrats, BTW!

8. ripplemaker profile image77

Hmmm..I wonder why.  (scratch head)
    Can you send this link again? smile Or let them come into this forum thread and click the link here? (just being persistent) hehe

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Road-To-Pub … HubNuggets

If the above link does not work...
    HELP US PLEASE! lol

I even walked my mom, over the phone, through it from the homepage instead of using the link I sent her (the one you have above) and she still wasn't able to vote.  I JUST got an email from a friend across the country who says she "thinks" she voted for me - she pressed on "up"?

I don't want to obssess about this - what will be will be...I won't worry about it, I'm just thrilled to have even made the cut to be included!

9. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

I voted - although it certainly wasn't an easy decision smile Love seeing all these new hubbers here writing great hubs!

10. Shirley Anderson profile image70

Lily Rose, to vote people have to click the little circle next to your hub and then go down to the 'Vote' button at the bottom of the poll in the HubNuggets hub.

Hope that helps.  If not, maybe we need to send HPHQ a message.

That's the problem, apparently they are not getting the vote buttons - many have told me that when they go to the page they see the list of articles and the voting percentages with no ability to vote.  But it does seem like other people are voting, so I don't know what the problem could be.

I'm not going to worry about it - if it's meant to be it will be...

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Victory will be sweeter if you'll just keep calm and let the voters do the voting hehehe, I won in one of the HubNugget voting two weeks ago but with influence of some friends...
        I could've still finish perhaps a strong second or third without them, and still feel very proud and happy, than winning at the expense of campaigning, I learned my lesson well...
        This is just a piece of advise Lily Rose... I just saw the voting trend and you have a very very strong chance of nailing one of the HubNugget Berth... Just hold your horses i know you can pull through ... Goodluck...

Thank you, General, for putting me in my place.  Really, you're right, I shouldn't have said anything at all and just let it be.  They say to promote, promote, promote and I think I took it to heart a little too much!  I will go relax now and stop thinking about it...have a wonderful evening!

11. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago
  12. Shirley Anderson profile image70

Awww, thanks General!  smile

13. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Congrats to all you hubnuggeteers...awesome hubs. Lots of interesting information shared.

Thanks team for doing an awesome job once again this week. smile
    Have an awesome weekend one and all

zs

14. Shirley Anderson profile image70

Lily and General, it's okay to promote yourself crazy if you want to.  Many people blog it up heavily.  We haven't lost any wannabes to nervous exhaustion yet, although the General's suggestion of a relaxed campaign is a good one if it's driving you nuts.  We like to think that people get excited. smile

Lily, if something isn't working with the poll, I'm really glad you said something.  If your friends are having a problem with it, others may be, as well.

I'll send a message to the HubPages team.

15. Shirley Anderson profile image70

I was in the middle of typing a note to the HP team about the poll issue when I was struck with a brainwave.  Yes, it hurt.

Lily, here's an idea.  Did your friends/family see the "Go back and vote" line of text below the results at the bottom of the poll capsule?  It just dawned on me that it may be some simple like that.

I'm not sure, but when I go to it I don't see anything that says "go back and vote" anywhere...

1. Shirley Anderson profile image70
        Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It only shows if a person has not voted yet but is seeing the results.  It shows up when "See results without voting" is clicked. That line disappears after a vote is cast.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
          GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are really very pretty and very bright too, you're an asset indeed... I love you nyahahahaha big_smile big_smile big_smile

16. Dangazzm profile image75
    Dangazzmposted 14 years ago

I promise that if I win... I will make Hub Pages free for everyone!

Vote for me!

17. ripplemaker profile image77

Hi Lily, did you figure it out already?  smile  I hope you did. As Shirley said, it's okay to promote and be excited about it.  I would be too you know! wink

Hi Angel Shirley, the go back and vote button might just be the answer to Lily's question now that you mentioned it. You are one bright lady.  And I can understand why General is "smitten" by you.  big_smile

Hi General, you are absolutely right about our dear Shirley! smile

18. Shirley Anderson profile image70

Awww General, you are a smooth talking bird.  Handsome, too!  Thanks for the compliments!  smile

Angel Michelle!  Hope all is well with you.  smile  I hope that is the answer to Lily's dilemma.  Re me being a bright lady...it takes one to know one!  smile

19. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

@ very angelic shirley --- yeah your generosity is beyond compare, and your enormous smile is really driving me crazy chick wakikik, nyahahaha i was so impressed with your compassion to our fellow bloggers and passion for writing... smile smile smile (3 smiles eh)

@ very elegant ripplemaker --- the glamorous and brain and beauty from the Philippines nyahahaha, well you are at par best with the attributes of shirley. smile smile smile

Zillions thanks to the two of you and to the rest of the HubNuggets Team for giving new authors chance to shine in world-stage, this is too much already, and the enjoyment and excitement induced with this endeavors is truly immense and memorable on the part of the wannabes and hubnuggets... I knew it because I was once part of this crazy pandemonium, chaos and grand reunion of brilliant works of mind...

20. DoodleLyn profile image73
    DoodleLynposted 14 years ago

Twas difficult indeed, but I voted. Congratulations to all the hubnugget wannabees! I look so forward to reading them each week. Thanks hub pages team for all your work!

21. Herald Daily profile image60
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

I voted last night.  Have to say, it does not get any easier week to week.  There's too many good ones, I always want to vote for more than one.

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too!  Five spots, why not give us 5 votes?!

22. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 14 years ago

Woohoo! The votes have been tallied, and the five lucky Nugget authors revealed! Here they are:

49% Parenting Help: How to Teach Your Child to Say

14% How To Be Nice & Still Stand Your Ground

12% Geodesic Dome
    8% Will it Blend? Blendtec Total Blenders are Pretty Freakin Cool!

6% The Less Traveled Roads of China

Congratulations everybody!

23. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

Wow, I'm almost embarassed to have gotten such a high percentage of the votes, but super excited, too - thank you to everyone who voted for my article.  It was from the heart and it means a lot to me that other people enjoyed it.

BTW, "I'm Sorry" are the last two words of my hub's title - for some reason they got cut off in the above post.

24. Shirley Anderson profile image70

Congratulations, everybody!!!

25. ripplemaker profile image77

Way to go! Congratulations everyone! smilecoolwink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)