Critique Me

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (76 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

-This post is for entertainment and self knowledge. I would like anyone willing that knows me or assumes to know me to put me in check. I would like true 3rd person perspectives of my faults. I assure you, I will not take offense. I am not looking for compliments, only faults.

-Thread open to anyone that wants a 3rd person perspective of themselves.

1. goodfriendiam profile image60
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you slobber way to much, maybe you need to put your tongue back in your mouth.............lol smile

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lmao, anything besides that on the human critique?

Nope can't think of anything off the top of my head but when I do I will let you know....all wait, you are a hot head once in a while...or is that a pot head......lol

I will agree to both and plead the 5th in response. lol

I did, still do have hot head problems even though I try to let it go. The cage fight and MMA really helped me put myself in check.

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In a forum you never get the whole pic. You can be mislead. That's why I'm not going to criticize you. All I'm going to say is that I liked what I read so far. And you make me laugh. Not of you but with you lol

Thanks Sir. I think I try to leave things open to interpretation sometimes to get a persons true thoughts. I don't want a trained answer to a question. I want individual thought. I enjoy laughing with you as well. Ty

3. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My opinion of you is you take offense far too easily.

lol that's not a very in depth critique, but thank you.

1. darkside profile image65
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's no need for waffle when the point is so obvious.

And there's no mention of "in depth" in the opening post.

lol ok thanks

2. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

someone wants to critique me please do? I could use all the help I can get?..........seriously....right this very moment I have a hangover.....any word of advice....lol  and yes I am serious I could use the help at seeing where some of my faults are

I think the first part to understanding yourself is what you just did. Being open to 3rd person critique without taking offense. Why do you drink, for the entertainment or for a need?

Um well I went with out drinking for ten years more or less, do to religious beliefs, so when I finally woke up to the fact that there is nothing wrong with drinking, its all in the way you of see it that makes the difference. I  have an occasional drink. I guess it just depends. sometimes I drink just to have a drink, as in sitting around with my friends, and then other times, like last night I had a need. (Heck I use to be able to drink a 12 pack of beer and a couple of shoots before I was passed out, now it takes only three beers, and I have had enough.)

I used to work as a bouncer in a bar for around 5 years. I have seen many of the negative effects of the alcohol compared to few positives. I think alocohol and weed can/should always be used in moderation if used. I sometimes have trouble with moderation myself, but I do make a concentrated effort.

absolutely, I only have a couple beers a week, and sometimes I don't have any at all. Now coffee well that there my dear, is a whole other story. Though I have to say since I have left my husband, I don't abuse it as much, nor do I use food to pacify my emotions.  Weed na I do not care for it, period never did won't go back there.

To each their own, coffee, alcohol, or weed. I only suggest moderation from personal experience. I think it says a lot about you in your last statement. You sound individually strong minded "now" since you have left, I don't know if your were before or not? It also says a lot about you that you can seperate materialistic like food or other emotional supports in favor of learning instead of a quick fix.

Oh I think I was individually strong minded before I left my husband, the only thing is I could never do anything right, so I guess because I felt worthless, confused, and down right angry,and was in so much pain  I had to find something to try and fill the emptiness, the numbness the loneliness, that I ate, and drank a lot of coffee.

What is the learned solution?

to keep my emotions in check

3. shamelabboush profile image50
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

You have such a strong philosophical background but you never use it! try to write FULL hubs about what bothers you, moves you the most. Besides that, you're very good and readable.

Ty for commenting shamel. I think I have ADD problems when writing the hubs. I lose concentration too easily and get bored. It seems to be easier for me to get my thoughts down in a poem form rather than a drawn out hub. Ty for the input.

1. shamelabboush profile image50
        shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nontheless, you're a good hubber but you should find a solution for that. Get in a nice quiet place with low music effects. Have tea and start writing slowly. If you can't finish it today, proceed the day after and so forth...

Usually when I write them and come back to them, I lose my train of thought and can't find it again. I will try your suggestions. Thank You. What do you mean writing philosophy?

4. sparksdaniel2000 profile image71
    sparksdaniel2000posted 14 years ago

this is fascinating...do I have to know you to reply, or can I just read your hubs?

Either one, and nope, you don't have to know me. Thank You

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

thinker and moderate drinker, slobbery, too furry, patriot a good thinker and a trouble maker that can be fugly. I think I love you.
    http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/731.gif

lmao ty for the critique. Change "drinker" to "smoker" and I think you have me covered. Love you too old guy, thanks for beating my head to a bloody pulp with a fish. lol

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Umm, you definitely are a thinking person, and seem to posses a sense of humor and be genuinely polite towards others.

Your opinion is often different from mine, but this could not be entirely your fault, your upbringing and environment definitely play a role. wink

I can probably recall you losing your cool on the forums once, but it's pretty much it. smile

Thank You for adding Misha, Much Appreciated. I do try to make a set point to keep myself in check and respect others, even when I don't agree. Very helpful critique, Thank You Sir.

7. profile image0

Ah well, what can I say. I do love ya marine. Good man ya are and I don't care what any one else says. We all have problems and foibles and Misha is mine. LOL

lol

You and Misha are both good men as well. True thinkers are always appreciated.

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Charlie, you are not alone, Misha is such a pain in the ass for myself! smile

9. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Hmmm....critique you huh? You are funny as all hell. Does that work? Especially when you think I'm going to cuss you out for asking me anything personal. hehehe

lol yes, that works, that was a compliment though. You were supposed to cuss me out or tell me that my hubs suck and that I am insane. lol

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay hold on *clears throat* Okay I'm ready... you *beep beep beep beep* *coughs* okay I can't do it lmao

1. tantrum profile image60

You can'ttalk on the phone, now you can't talk to marine.... Maybe if i get you some pills ? big_smile

1. profile image0

lmao I can talk to him just can't cuss him out...he didn't do anything to deserve it so nope can't do it lol

1. tantrum profile image60

Come on !! sing with me
              Wonder Woman...Womder woman..! lol

2. marinealways24 profile image59

lol I wrote my last comment before reading this one. lol

2. marinealways24 profile image59

lol thanks, that put me in check. I am beeped out. You are too nice, even your beeps are nice! lol Thanks for beeping me out.

10. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

Yer questions are too hard for simple people like me to answer.  Not all of them, but some of them. 

P.S.  I don't wanna hear what anyone thinksa me. lol

Sorry about that, I try to write things easily understandable, but I have bad grammar along with poor punctuation. lol If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I don't even know what i'm asking. lol

Thank You

"P.S.  I don't wanna hear what anyone thinksa me."

lol

1. profile image0
        annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah Ha!  I knew this was the case with you, I was just trying to get you to admit it.

lol anytime.

11. profile image0

I tink ya r genuine. My heart hub is waiting for ya. yer a kewl dude.

Likewise, ty Sir. I look forward to reading it. Thank You.

12. profile image0

sh!t Tantrum I'm not Wonder woman lmao.

and hehehe marine my beeps are nice? shoot have to work on that one lmao

Oh and you guys can critique me if you want. I can handle it. big_smile

lol I don't know enough about ya to critique. I know you put me in good spirits with most of your forum responses. That has to count for something. Also, you don't cuss me out. lol

Maybe list some flaws?

1. profile image0

Dang marine, do people actually cuss you out???  I would be afraid that if I cussed you out that you would come back with some hard to answer stuff.  I am smart nuff not to cuss you out fer nothin. 

I know you would be using all these big words and I wouldn't know how to respond back to you if I cussed you out and you responded to it.

lol you are silly, but you made me lol, so ty. I would probably ask some questions that I knew they didn't have the answers to. Lmao. Good call. As for the big words, I don't have many of those rambling around. I will leave the big words to the educated ones. lol

1. profile image0

Well if you don't use big words, then I guess the ones you use, I have to keep looking in the dictionary for.  I guess I do not know most of the words you use.  Many times I click on the thread and read it, then I can't understand it since I do not know what the words mean.  I have to give up and type something off the wall in there.  I cannot be alone in this since I seen others in there saying "what?"  lol.  I guess I didn't feel the need to learn the big ol words since no one in my hometown could pronounce them anyhow. lol.

lol we may be in the same town. If I use any weird words from here on out, holler at me and point it out so I know what you are talking about. lol If I know what it means, I will explain it. lol

1. profile image0

I am just joking pickin fun about your words like critique and enlighten and all that.  I have to look em up.  Actually it is not you using the big words, it is me that cant understand basic stuff I guess.  Poor me, oh me, poor me.  Bless my heart.  Please don't make fun of me...I am southern and thats the way I speak.  lol.

lol , no way you are southern. I am from South Carolina, I would have never guessed you southern. lol Where from?

2. profile image0

List some flaws? hmmm....one big one is I'm weird lol I have low self esteem...I jump to conclusions too fast sometimes. I am a worry-wort....ummm......there are other things but i can't tihnk lol

Me to crazdwriter  Im a worry wart, and smoke to many cigarettes. lol

Ciggs are bad, but they do taste good in the morn. lol

2. readytoescape profile image61
          readytoescapeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought we covered all that yesterday,,,

3. marinealways24 profile image59

No such thing as weird to me because everyone has a different idea of what weird is. I think of weird = individual. Why do you think the low self esteem?

13. profile image0

Power to the worry warts! woohoo lol

14. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

k, now I am all uptight reading flaws and warts and stuff.  Gonna go smoke a cig.

15. profile image0

Nope we just covered one of my weird attributes I have many more hehehe

1. readytoescape profile image61

Lets not do that again, I only have one bottle of scotch left

1. profile image0

LOL I'm not the one making your drink it, readytoescape that is ALL you dude

Yeah but its good stuff, you however did perpetuate it, yesterday atleast, Finally had someone to blame it on that couldnt deny it...

1. profile image0

I didn't start anything. another pereson was jsut giving me advice about sleeping remedies ie drinking and then you started in. still all your fault lmao

All I did was agree with him...except for the fire starting

2. goodfriendiam profile image60

Lets just call it a night, and says its the both your faults and be done with it all and open up another bottle of scotch.........lol

Well I was going to wait til later but if you insist

16. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

As to MarineAlways2, This is his forum you know, interesting background, Semper Fi troop! Like how you worked it into your By Line.

Thank You. You guys are fine, good reading! lol

17. profile image0

I agree with goodfriend, we are both to blame...now open your scotch HAHA

18. profile image0

there now you can blame her not me this time lmao

19. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://images.u4prez.com/Images/R%20LEE%20ERMEY-128618640643310322.jpg

I couldn't think of anything to critique you on, Marine Always...so I went and found the "Gunny". He said he would be happy to do it...!

lol I really don't like that guy. He is a great actor though. Ty Sir.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)