Best webhosting

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Ambition profile image61
    Ambitionposted 14 years ago

i want to prepare a website but i need a best webhosting for it

i searched the internet and came to this page which have got my attention

the page is

http://grandbytes.com/webhosting.php

Also, i am very new, if any body knew any other webhosting service better than the above then please post its link too.

thanks

Ambitionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

can anybody tell me if the page i searched is best for webhosting or any better service.

2. LVM profile image58
      LVMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i heard Godaddy suks

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
          Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They sure do. Use them at your peril.
          See www.nodaddy.com

And if you want to host several domains at hostgator, go for the baby plan.

Or if you want each domain to have seperate logins and control panels, you'll need a reseller plan.
          cheers, Eric G.

2. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

I heard that justhost was good.

3. Ambition profile image61

can anybody help me, i need best and cheap webhosting service

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's what I was trying to do.

Consider Justhost: they are cheap, friendly and unhelpful. But you can't have all three at the same time, lol

4. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

There is no such thing as a "best web host".
    Like there is no such thing as the "best car".

However, there are many web hosts that are very good at supporting what most people want to do.

I would suggest that you look at hostgator.com

They are very affordable, provide good service, and receive excellent reviews from their users.

See www.webhostingtalk.com for discussions about about hundreds of web hosting companies.

I'd avoid using godaddy for web hosting, or domain registration.

And don't be too swayed by offers of unlimited disk space, bandwidth, etc.
    See http://theinternetbloke.com/rants-and-r … -bandwidth

Cheers, Eric G.

thanks eric for ur valueable information, i am try to see what hostgator got for me

5. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

Silly, Ambition. smile You should have known! You have to read the blog of Eric (from Wonderland) to figure this out.

6. Ambition profile image61

eric hostgator is also providing unlimited bandwidth is it a scam

No, hostgator is not a scam. (And I didn't know they had started promoting unlimited bandwidth. I suppose they felt it necessary to compete with all the other hosting companies offering it.)

I'm saying that people should be aware that "unlimited something" is a marketing gimmick.

If everything else checks out  OK, by all means use someone offering unlimited services. Just be aware that it's not really unlimited.

i am planning to open 2-4 domains, which plan do u prefer for me in hostgator

2. goodfriendiam profile image59
        goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If they say, they do. Why would you doubt that truth? We have to have a little more faith then that guys, come on.

They don't provde unlimited bandwidth. You only need to check out their terms of service to find out that their definition of unlimited is different to yours.
          Sure, you'll get enough disk space and bandwidth to run a normal website.
          See my rant about the topic here: http://theinternetbloke.com/rants-and-r … -bandwidth
          cheers, Eric G.

@janeCM

The account you need depends on what you want to do. You wouldn't need a dedicated for a normal website. Look at the available packeges, and select othe one that meets your needs.
          If you only are going to use one domain name, get the smallest account. If you want to have more than one website with different domain names, get the next one up.

And paypal functionality does not depend on the web host. The Paypal code is a part of your website, so you can use it on any web host.

1. Jane@CM profile image61
            Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks much Eric!

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
          Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What do you think will happen, if YouTube host themselves with one of these web-hosts that claim to provide unlimited bandwidth. Do you think they will last one single day?

Do you know a year back Google didn't earn anything from YouTube despite the huge amount of traffic there?
          One of the major reasons is the large amount of money they spend on bandwidth.

7. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

My team has been using Hostgator for 2 years now and they are not a scam.

For our hosting needs we will definatly continue using them.

8. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 14 years ago

I use HostGator and it is great. If you are just starting out, you might have found much appeal in their prices. Since I'm a little less of an amateur I use a different host -- they cost more, but they are amazing. Erm.... linode.com

9. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Adding a deicated IP to each of your domain or getting one dedicated hosting for all of them. Is it worth the money you spend on it?

Not sure what you're asking.

There's a shortage of IP addresses under the IPv4 system. Normally, all the domain names on a shared server will have the same IP address. There's no problem with this, unless someone plays up on the server and gets the IP blocked.

This is a good reason to host with a reputable hosting company who don't allow spammers, scammers, etc on their systems.

There's no SEO advantage by having a unique IP address.

You usually have to demonstrate special needs to get additional IP adresses. ie an SSL certificate is to be installed on a domain.

10. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

Hostway has worked very well and allows the choices of Linux host or Windows host

11. Jason Seale profile image77
    Jason Sealeposted 14 years ago

I have a dedicated server with GoDaddy ... there are times I get frustrated because they build in some limits (particularly around outgoing email) but on the whole I am happy with it.

I also have an account with HostGator ... have not had it for long, but they are certainly more "email friendly" than GoDaddy.

For really cheap hosting try Doteazy.com ... they have a $25.00 per year domain + "free" hosting deal. It is bare bones, but if that is all you need the price is right.

12. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Eric & those on Hostgator,

Would you recommend the Hosting, Reseller or Dedicated package?

We are going to sell some wood big_smile

13. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

One other question...in all of my research (lots of it) I can't pin down one host that provides a Paypal add on.  Thoughts - what am I missing???

14. profile image53
    dyana mariyanaposted 10 years ago

There are lot of providers offer cheapest web hosting service.If you need best one try Google search,In the same way i found http://www.9cubehosting.com/cheap_hosting/   If you are interested to host your website based on Linux platform try this site.They have good server speed and provide well customer support.I hope it will be very useful to you.

15. electronician profile image80
    electronicianposted 10 years ago

It depends what you want - for ease of use and good value hostgator is pretty good. For better performance at a low price then a hosting account which doesn't run cpanel is better, but you will also probably have to get ftp software which may not be quite as user friendly for beginners as the cpanel file manager. Fasthosts.co.uk is pretty good.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)