My Hubpage Experiment

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (82 posts)
  1. Rynaldos profile image63
    Rynaldosposted 14 years ago

Fellow Hubbers: I am in the process of writing a very unique and different Hubpage experiment. Unlike other experiments, my one will not focus on how to monetize, increase adsense or the whole 100 hub a month. This experiment will focus on Hubpages and adsense CTR. I have implemented this experiment and already showing positive outcome. Everyone wants their visitors to click right? Subscribe to my RSS or just pop around. Will keep you guys posted. Let me know what you think.

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you were also in the process of getting involved in the community, establishing a track record, and sharing openly in this sub-forum (which is what it is for, it is called 'Knowledge Exchange'), rather than an obvious attempt to garner more fans, then you'd probably get a more favourable response.

1. arunjain1989 profile image61
        arunjain1989posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with darkside.If you could be more open about your so called experiment then that would automatically make us your fans rather than you trying to  make us.

Rynaldosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look guys... Clearly you have been here longer then me. I am not trying to garner more fans in any way and think your judgements are incorrect and unfair ! I am in the process of writing my own personal experiment that i would like to share with others. I am more then eligible for this and dont need your permission at all. As the name implies, it is a EXPERIMENT ! Are you familiar with that word? We have nothing to lose and even though i dont get any fans... guess what? Still going to do this regardless. Enjoy your day and have fun !

1. darkside profile image65

So getting involved in the community, establishing a track record, and sharing openly in this sub-forum are a waste of time?

My so-called incorrect judgment is pointing out the fact that you appear to be all about "join my Fan Club", "join my Fan Club" and "Subscribe to my RSS".

1. mcbean profile image65
              mcbeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes indeed. A rather poor attempt to gain a following.
              If I am going to be fooled, at least dangle an appetizing bait. these feeble words do little other than bore me

Everyone has their own opinion i guess. I know why i am here, but clearly you are here just to play around and throw nasty comments in the forums. How original ! Fact is... i am genuine and put time and effort into something i enjoy ! More than what you can say. You have nothing else to do and now want to get some action? LOL You just see what you want to see. I will gladly edit what you guys seem to have a problem with. Let me do my things, since i am a hubber just like you ! You seem to be building a group of zombie followers which agrees with your statements, yet u bet neither of you know why you are actually making a scene about something that interests me. I have an idea of something, and i will take the opportunity to make use of it. Like i said, i couldnt care less what you think as i am my own person and dont bow down to you just because you have a higher rating on your hubs. get real and start worrying about your crap. Im sure the only reason why you are here is to get some followers yourself? Trying to uphold a big boy image on hubpages, acting all tough wont really get you anywhere. Thank you and Good Bye ! For the rest of you out there... Enjoy !

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
                  Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Artists can be a tempermental lot huh smile

Yeah LOL im not going to let it get me down though !

2. darkside profile image65

I wish you had refused to get defensive a lot sooner than 30 minutes ago then we wouldn't have had to listen to you rave on like a smacked child.

I'm sorry that my first response wasn't "OMG Rynaldos is here and he'll share his wisdom with us but only if we join his fan club, I must join now!"

Really? Without us having to join your fan club?

3. nicomp profile image61
                  nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eh? You opened this thread by saying "Let me know what you think", then you come back with "i couldn't care less what you think."

Which is it?

2. Dale Mazurek profile image62
        Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Darkside has some of the greatest Hubs here to help people monetize and so forth.  Guess what, you do not have to be a fan of his to use the information either.

However one would be silly not to be a fan of a Hubber with such great info and knowledge as he shares.

I am almost at 100 fans and have not asked for one of them.  Fans will never help with the monetizing of your hubs anyways but in a neat sort of way it is cool to see the number go up.

Just some advice, share what you are experimenting and if people like what they see you will get fans.

2. Rynaldos profile image63

I refuse to get defensive. I can assure everyone that i am not here to try and win more fans. To be dead honest here, building a fan base is the last thing i am focussed on ! I have my mind set on helping and sharing things with fellow hubbers. Is anyone going to find a problem to which hubs i write?

I just find it to be very hypocritical for some hubbers to try and shoot me down, but when you take a look at some of their hubs, you will find thier hubs to be self promoted to some crazy extent.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nobodys perfect , we are all in the same boat thats true ,and slave to the same google-eyed master ,lol

I agree 100 % ! People like you make me feel welcome, so thank you for that ! I have changed my profile for those who seem to have had a problem with it !To the rest.. Thank you very much for your support.

3. melbel profile image94
      melbelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good plan! Let us know how this has helped you and what you're doing to make the positive changes happen. Looking forward to hearing your progress.

2. naveenkadian profile image40
    naveenkadianposted 14 years ago

Hi,

I really glad to know that you are going to do some different thing in Hub.i have posted 105 articles in hub but have little knowledge about hubs so add me in your fan club and give me some good advice about hubs.

Thanks & Regards
    Naveen Kadian

Thank you for the response. Please visit my page and join my Fan Club in order to be updated. This experiment i am busy with is something very different and may be promising. Looking forward...

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You sure have 'posted' 105 articles.... but have you 'written' 105 articles..... because my guess is that you have copied and pasted most or all of your hubs from other sources. This is going to make you very little money, win you very few fans, and get gain you very little traffic.

3. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

Sounds great, but would you mind explaining some more about your experiment.

Hi there LVM. Please join my Fan Club and stay updated on my experiment. Thank you for your interest !

4. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

He talks sense Darkside, before I read his Loch Ness Monster Hub I had sleepless nights worrying it would attack our ship. But thanks to Rynaldos I now know it was all a Myth, what a silly Cabin Girl I am, thanx for helping me sleep again Rynaldos. smile

LOL Thank you Cabin Girl !! I like your style ! We surely do need more hubbers like Cabin Girl onboard !! Wicked , Wicked !!

5. Kudlit profile image61
    Kudlitposted 14 years ago

Nice try Rynaldos.

Thanks Darkside.

6. profile image29
    564626posted 14 years ago

Well wating for your experiment result. but i think CTR is highly dependent on the niche you select. Hub pages CTR is good.

Will be available soon ! Thank you for the comment. The CTR does strongly depend on the niche and relevancy of your ads. However, there are many factors regarding getting a higher CTR. The experiment i am currently conducting, focusses on CTR on hubpages specifically. Going really well.

7. CarpetDiem profile image70
    CarpetDiemposted 14 years ago

I didn't read this thread to closely but...

The title implies the experiment has been done. If at least an initial experiment had been done and you were presenting initial results, I think you would get a better response. Sometimes it pays to be patient.

Which of these two would you rather spending your coffee break reading?

1. I think titles are more important than links for bing results. I'm going to do an experiment.

2. I did an initial experiment with a dozen different hubs to see if titles or links seem to matter more for bing rankings, and this is what I found so far. I'm going to expand my experiment to another dozen hubs. Read what I found so far and let me know what you think...

8. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

My own feeling on fan clubs is that I join when I find someone producing great Hubs that I genuinely find interesting and wish to read.  Not one of the people that I am a fan of has ever asked me to be their fan, their writing spoke for them.

9. Rynaldos profile image63

And that i agree with ! I dont need to explain myself to anyone. I guess i will just have to put more in, in order to get more out ! Like i said, i aint here to create a army of followers !!!!

10. Dangazzm profile image73
    Dangazzmposted 14 years ago

I usually cook up a fresh batch of cookies and attempt to lure more followers

http://www.marlerblog.com/uploads/image/nestle_tollhouse_cookies.jpg

Although this strategy sounds good too!

By the way before anything gets all heated I'm just kidding and well im just gonna say it I don't care although I would be interested in what you have to say thats... well on topic and relevant to the topic (OP not anyone else) and advise me instead of running me in circles and playing with my emotions

11. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Well ping my hubs ,stick them on lamp posts ,tell the world to read them and click on the adverts. wink

Most of all have fun writing and creating ! smile

12. Rob Dee profile image59
    Rob Deeposted 14 years ago

Rynaldos,

i don't proclaim to be a Hubpages expert or anything, but getting fans and traffic doesn't happen overnight. The only thing i can suggest to you is to write a lot and cover a bunch of different topics. Some of my niche hubs that i thought were really good haven't got hardly any traffic, but the emotional hubs i write off the cuff seem to get hammered from everywhere. Some of my "Survival Of The Modern Man" hubs have done well and some of them get no traffic at all....i don't get it....but i keep writing. That's what it's all about. Right?

10 Hubs in 4 weeks isn't very much. Just my opinion.....i'm not trying to be flip or be a smarta**.

i'm interested to see how your experiment works out.

Rob

Your honesty is appreciated. I agree. That is what this is all about. You seem to know your story and maybe i could use some of your advice huh?

13. BristolBoy profile image61
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

So let me get this right you will give us secrets if we join your fan club? 

Seems fishy to me, and the fact that only a maximum of 10 other people have signed up with the promise of more information suggests to me that others are as cynical about your begging for fans.

Once again i am not going to flip about your comments. Surely there is some people in these forums trying their very best to get some action by being stupid. I dont need people to become fans and FYI, the ones that i have realy enjoy my hubs.

1. nicomp profile image61

No one wants you to flip out. Just stay calm and remain on point.

14. Rynaldos profile image63

Sure !!

15. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Is your secret experiment something about putting your keywords in boldface type? I read through your hubs and I find that annoying, seriously.

There are so many articles on the net that are all about keywords and nothing about writing. Eventually someone will invent a software program that tracks the hottest keywords and topics of the moment, then spins however many 500 word articles with ideal placement of those keywords you want (if that hasn't already been invented). At that point we won't need writers at all--computers can just tell reflect back to us what they think we are interested in.

The best people writing here are about more than money and stats. The people who are all about money and stats will never understand why that is so.

So what are you here for? I note your hubscore is 100!? That gives yo ureason to critisize?

16. Rynaldos profile image63

No that is not the experiment !However, i do understand to what you are saying. Only reason i highlight is for targetting reasons. Do you have any better suggestions?

I think she offered you a better suggestion.

Then i clearly dont get it !

She suggested you stop with the capitalizing.

So i take the bold tags out? Will my hubs still be "targetted"

1. waynet profile image68
              waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes! there is no need for bold tags, although some you may need for your readers to draw attention to smaller headlines or subtitles.

17. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I'm here because I wanted to see what your experiment is. And you still aren't saying.

I'm just trying to guess what you are doing. I mean, YOU brought it up, why don't you just say what it is?

You are the one who set yourself up as an authority running a big secret experiment. I'm just a person who likes to write. Lots of people leave 'Pam you suck' comments on my hubs, so suck it up for chrissake and just tell us what you're up to.

I will be posting it tomorrow ! Just saying, i could do with some positive feedback instead of negative comments from people with hugher ranking. This aint the army ! Hubbers like me cant come around claiming to have authoruty around here if they are in the same situation. I dont agree with anything nasty.

1. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My hub score has nothing to do with my click through rate. I don't make tons of money here, but even if I did, why shouldn't I want to know what you are up to?

Your hubs are good. I just think this thread is irritating (and the boldface print is not useful IMO). You should just say what you are up to flat out. Plus, how can you run an *experiment* when you only have ten hubs? What are you comparing this new thing you are doing to? Another account you have here? I don't understand why you have to be so mysterious about it all.

The reason I say lose the boldface print is that it disrespects your reader. It says, "I don't really care if you read this or not, I just want you to click through the ads and I want Google to notice me." That's insulting to the reader, so that's why if it were me I'd lose that. But you know, it's not me, so I'm sorry I upset you.

In a similar way, starting a thread to announce you have this grand CTR secret that you'll announce in a day or two is insulting to your reader. Just say what you have to say. Don't zoom people like that.

Hey, i took your advice ! Guess i am just sensitive to negative critic. I am pretty new here and maybe trying to fit in too much. I respect the comments

18. Rynaldos profile image63

Your comment is much appreciated. However, this does not mean that i have to be shot down with critisizing and unfair comments just because he is higher rated. I have NOT asked for fans as he implied !!

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you sure not getting any with your attitude big_smile

And that is all good with me ! We are all individuals here and im sure you dont speak for the next hubber. There are thousands of hubbers here and as long as you are refering to yourself, thats all good !

2. blue dog profile image60
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually, you haven't asked for fans, you've practically begged.  go back and read your first three posts to this thread.  it's the details you've got to watch out for...

19. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

4 days on and no clear experiment has been explained...just what is it?????!!!!!
    I too am in the process of an experiment, it is a great experiment, I hope to do this experiment and have an experiment and let the experiment have little experiments.......

Experiment....experiment...experiment!!!!

So this is the funny man ? Sarcasm is the lowest form of witt by the way !

2. profile image0

Im going to see how many polos I can fit in my mouth at the same time and THEN see whether or not I can fit any tictacs in through the holes once my mouth is full....

but im ONLY going to tell you the results if you a) become my fan, b) leave a comment on a hub, c) leave me fan mail which praises me, d) suscribe to my rss feed, and e) send me your credit card details, full name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and f) tell me when your house is next empty.

Does that sound like a deal Waybet? lol

You need to check your spelling there mate !!

1. profile image0

Are you a complete twat? Seriously man, you have gone about this whole hubpages thing in completely the wrong way. You may as well give up now, this thread has lost you every bit of respect that you ever had the chance of gaining. You are one of those <snipped personal attack>. Just so long as I am never stuck next to you on a plane, all is good with me.

Sure. Keep your nasty comments to yourself next time ! And dont be so sensitive ! Take what you give.

2. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a great experiment...it's a deal! big_smile

So you remove your comment when you realised their is no mistake? I dig that he he you gave. Brings out the little girl in you.

20. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Well I have a thought.  If you really want people to read your hub and critique it, why not put the link in the correct forum called "Extreme Hub makeover".

If only care to read good advise....

Advise ????????? LOL

Tooo proud !! You're not getting anywhere ,I believe ! It's a shame! maybe your 'experiment' was interesting. I don't think anyone is 'interested' anymore ! lol

Yeh, eye am shure maye !! HAHAHAHA

21. Rynaldos profile image63

And these people are hubbers ! I wonder what their content looks like... To afraid to take a peek.

I love to laugh at foolishness. and you're the King lol lol

2. profile image0

Rynaldos. Just take a little bit of advice from me. Go and read Darkside's hubs, and come back with a different attitude. You could learn a lot from some of the people on this site, Darkside more than most. You are lucky that he was even willing to give you the time of day, he could tell you more about how to make money on hubpages than 99.9% of other registered users.

You have not lost anything by losing my respect. But you have now immediately lost the opportunity to ever even considering approaching Darkside for advice. You are clearly confident that you know it all, but if you had Darkside's knowledge about Hubpages, SEO, and Keywords..... then you would know that gaining fans is not the way to make money on hubpages. Internal traffic is 100% irrelevant, your only concern should be organic traffic (e.g. search engines).

I suggest that you search for hubs about earning money on hubpages, and you will realise just how foolish this single comment was.

1. Elena. profile image86
        Elena.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ryan, this is perhaps a bit off topic, but now I'm curious and a curious Elena is an off-topic Elena, apparently.

Do you know how "good" or "bad" it is that 53% of my total traffic is organic?  Thanks.

1. profile image0

I suppose thats pretty good, mine is a bit higher than that, but then you have more fans.... and fans looking at your hubs does not count for organic traffic.

Organic traffic is just traffic that does not come from hubpages (e.g. google), and non-organic traffic is that which comes from hubpages.

From what I have heard from people on here, thats pretty normal, I guess it just means that your fans like reading your stuff big_smile

By the way, thanks for reading my hubs lately.... I am far too behind on responding to comments, but I will make sure that I check out your stuff wink

2. Rynaldos profile image63

Hey like i said above, i guess i feel like im being picked on and sensitive to negative critic since im pretty new. I am responsible for my attitude and apologise to everyone i have commented on in a bad way on this thread.

1. profile image0

Cool, well thats the kind of attitude to have Rynaldos. I mean it when I say check out Darksides stuff though, he can teach you a lot.... I learnt most of what I know from reading the hubs of Darkside and Mark Knowles.

It looks like you calming down has won you a couple of fans wink

I feel much better though thanks ! I really am sorry. Will make sure to stop by sometime. Must admit.. I am pretty confused about what exactly im doing and i guess the "negative critic" was a wake up call in a way. I really do plan on becoming jist like you guys - "Big guns"

22. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Right, this is me being serious now,
    By concentrating on writing and planning out your future workload of hubpages and where you are headed on here, you can effectively create an online presence here and the forums is not really a place to do it really, although you can et some kind of feedback for your hubpages and the direction that you take, there are other ways you can get noticed through the search engines by sending links to other places in a non spammy way or some other blog that you can start up and backlink that way.

My experience has always been that if you be upfront about what you are intending and people will respond quite positive, but if you say you have a secret experiment... and don't say clearly what it is, then is it any wonder why there is no trust by what you say and why member here would say you are only after fans, fans are only a small fraction of your potential readers anyway, it's the external traffic you want and not the other way around.

Try building up sets of hubpages and interlinking them...just keep on writing and only post in the forums when you have writers block or when you are all hubbed out, as I do most times!

Didn't mean to be sarcastic, but I do like to wind people up!

23. Elena. profile image86
    Elena.posted 14 years ago

Thanks for the speedy reply, Ryan!  I was just curious all of a sudden smile And don't worry one bit about checking out my stuff, that'd be non-organic traffic anyway, wouldn't it?  Laugh, I'm just kidding amigo!  Be my guest if you're so inclined, but don't feel that you must, por favor!  big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)