Off-line for the weekend

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I will not be around. I am forced to spend this weekend in jail - and I don't expect them to have internet access. smile

Plan to see ye all on Monday big_smile

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Have you seen the movie Up in Smoke?  You should watch it.  I hear you knockin' but you can't come in.  LOL.  You will probably laugh the next time you get pulled over.  Maybe they will let you off the hook.

2. Inspirepub profile image73
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

Bummer.

See you Monday, then ...

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

LOL looks like aside from a couple of would be spammers we are the only two alive humans around - if we can be called humans of course big_smile I've seen Kathryn, too - but it was more than a half an hour ago, and that's it...

4. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image79
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

Ha Ha...   

I am currently in outer space (Georgia)!  I am watching one of my grandchildren while my daughter and her husband have gone to Brazil for a week... then I am hitting a cruise out of Miami!  Yeah!

So I am all alone in this podunk little town (lol) and Skylee has finally gone down for the evening.  This... is my relaxation for the day:-)

Jail huh?  Bumber.  What did you do Misha?

Hey Inspirepub...  don't we three just have the most rockin Friday night goin on here:-)

Georgia is a long way from California in more ways than one!  (no offense to any Georgians that  might read this)  The best thing going here for me... is Skylee:-)

Kathryn

5. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image79

Misha,

Bye the way... could using the forums to say your spending time in jail, just to get some sympathy - also be considered SPAM at HP too?  LOL

Kathryn

6. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

Misha, will you get the DT's from being away from a computer and HP for so long?

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Just for driving too fast on a highway, Kathryn smile

I actually noticed that Friday night is the most quiet time on the internet. Looks like people are out relaxing after another hard week.

Not sure if it could be considered spam - but you definitely can give it a try and flag tongue
    I guess Maddie will have a good laugh big_smile

But if seriously - it's an interesting question, and I think I know the answer why it is not spam. We all write hubs, and if everybody starts posting about new hubs - forum is packed with that and nobody can dig any useful info in the mass of self-promoting posts. Jail happens a bit less often, at least so far big_smile If government gets more active in this area, though, HP may consider posts about going to jail spam, too tongue

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Shirley, and what is DT?

9. Shirley Anderson profile image71

If you start cramping up, run to the nearest computer.

10. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Thanks Paul,

Looks like you are bored on Friday night, too smile

LOL Shirley,

IDK, I has not been away from computer for so long since last summer. I'll report on Monday if I had any - providing sheriff let me out of course wink

11. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Good luck, Misha.  Hope the food's not too bad.

12. Mary Tinkler profile image61
    Mary Tinklerposted 16 years ago

Misha....so refreshing to see someone admit to having a little problem achieving perfection in the eyes of society.  Let me guess.....if they could have stretched it out with fines and fees and classes you pay for, and long-term supervision of you, by the government, at your expense....could you have skipped the jail time? 

That's usually the way it is....more about revenue than anything else.

13. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image79

Misha -

Okay...  So, it would not be polite to giggle a bit - right?  he he:-)

Misha - how fast?  I drive a Porche and used to drive a Jag and totally love going FAST!  But, I don't want to end up in jail!

Have you ever heard the words "radar detector"?  Just kidding.  They don't always work.  Good idea for a Hub... for you.

Sorry, but I couldn't help but poke at you on the spam thingy.  Just having a little fun.

I am glad you are just going to jail, versus a trip to the hospital...  or worse.  Slow down my friend:-)

Have a 'speedy' recovery.

Kathryn

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Thanks Shirley,

I think I can survive even without any food at all for a couple of days, and it will be beneficial to my tummy smile

Mary,

Unfortunately no. In VA anything above 90 is automatic jail time. Those guys are still trying to convince themselves it is not about revenue... NC is much better in that respect - similar ticket a few years ago just cost me $400 all included, payable to the lawyer - and I did not even have to appear in court big_smile

15. Mary Tinkler profile image61
    Mary Tinklerposted 16 years ago

aaahhhahahahahaaaa.....Misha's going on a hunger strike!

16. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Kathryn,

105 in 55. I usually drive a bit slower, though smile And, btw, radar detectors are illegal in VA anyway  tongue

Mary,

I didn't say I will wink

17. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image79

What is the penalty for being found using a radar detector?
    Kathryn

18. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Frankly no idea. I don't use them anyway, I rely on experience and intuition to spot speed traps...

Oh, and it wouldn't helped in this case - it was not a speed trap, the guy just was entering the highway and saw me passing by, and then did pacing...

19. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image79

I have used one in the past, but could not stand all the beeping and the lights...  I too would prefer to use experience, intuition and intelligene to know when to slow it down... like on-ramps that I cannot determine:-)

Those kind - are like cat and mouse.  Somehow when the mouse thinks it is all good - that cat just pounces right on top of him and, well - you know?

It is a good reminder that we are not invincible and better off to slow it down, if for any reason - our safety.

I am becoming more and more cautious as the years go by...  too much I don't want to miss now and in the future.

So maybe there is no Internet, but you can take two days to write a great hub...
    by long-hand:-)
    Kathryn

20. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

LOL yeah smile

Anyway, thanks for the company, I'm heading to bad as I have to get up early tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everybody, and talk to you on Monday smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)