Fourth Way

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (95 posts)
  1. coyjay profile image65
    coyjayposted 14 years ago

Is anyone on this forum interested in the Fourth Way? I have been a student of this system for over thirty years. All of my knowledge of the system comes from reading its authors. I have never attended a Fourth Way school. However, I have put to practice the teachings.

What I'd like to do is present my interpretation of the Fourth Way and discuss it with readers of this forum to clarify my thinking on the system.

This system holds that man is a psychological animal as much a physical one. In order to understand ourselves, we must understand our psychology, or how our machine works.

Man has many misconceptions about himself. First of all, he thinks that he has one unchanging "I." In reality he has not one, but hundreds of different "I"s. He generally thinks that he has one brain, the thinking center, when in reality he has three brains or centers that control his behavior, the thinking center, the emotional center, and the moving-instinctive center. He thinks that he is awake, fully aware of himself. But, really he exists at the second level of consciousness, waking sleep. He thinks that he can do but, because of his lack of awareness, he can only react to external stimuli.

Most important, we do not Remember Ourselves. To Remember Yourself, you must be aware of yourself here and now. When we think about it, we are aware of ourselves for a moment or two, but then we become identified and lose the here and now.

The system shows that man has tremendous unknown powers, and because they are unknown, we function at a fraction of our true potential.

What do you think?

When I stop to think about it, the most important part of the system, to me, is the emphasis on the Miraculous. To get into the Unknown, you have to go beyond the limitations of time-space into the invisible world of the cosmos.

Krishnamurti teaches that our lives are governed by thought, and that thought can never discover the unknown. All thought is based on the senses and memory. And you can never find the unknown in the past. The Unknown exists in the invisible world that gives birth to the visible; the Unknown always was and always is. You can only enter it when you stop all the chatter.

Because the Otherness is beyond time-thought-space, no one else can tell you how to find it. You have to discover for your self, and the way that you do this is to begin checking out your machine in light of what the work teaches.

How does your machine work? Are you so identified with your imaginary picture of your self that you dare not observe your every day actions in relationship to the world you live in, keeping the Work in mind?

Maurice Nicoll, one of the teachers in the Work calls the Fourth Way Esoteric Christianity.

Hide

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Out thinking cells are not only located in the brain but also in the spinal cord.
      Man is known to be in a dream like or sleep like state and enlightenment wakes him up to the reality of god or his real self.

Yes all thoughts all desires must stop in order to know the unknown and one needs to meditate and find it for himself.
      There are two famous Krishnamurti's U.G.Krishnamurti and J.Krishnamurti, can you please let us know who you are talking about. smile

coyjayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok thanks both are known as great masters in India.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image75
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

This could have been a hub, surely. It's quite long.

Can I leave it on the forum, and still use it as a hub?

Thanks,
      Coyjay

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course you can !! But make it a hub. More people could read it then smile

I will make it a hub.

Thank you,

Coyjay

3. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Lots of interesting ideas. I certainly agree that we function at far less than our potential. We are, if you like, lazy when not uncomfortable. I'm not fully convinced, though, that the mind has any power beyond thought and feeling. If we disallow physical movement of the body (including the tongue and eyes) can the mind achieve anything external? Anything that can be observed to have occurred by a third party? I'd like to be convinced.

I do not for one minute deny that by stilling the thoughts, by meditating, we can arrive at a different state of consciousness. But how can we know that this is not simply another feeling, another product of the brain? How can we know that we have 'really' contacted something external (unknowable)? Maybe we have simply allowed a few dormant neurons to waken up.

It's also worth mentioning that your Fourth Way has been brought to us by thought, action, and a great deal of hard science and technology.

But as I began - yours was a most interesting post. Thanks smile

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, but I am new to Hubpages. O.K. let's look at the emotional center. Thought are influenced  by emotions but they are not the same as emotions. If you observe yourself, you will find that your emotions come from a different place from your thoughts and can stop thoughts. Emotions are of course different from movement. The emotional center often disrupt movement as when you are driving to the basket and are afraid that you will miss your shot.

At any rate, thanks for your comments.

Coyjay

4. phonereversetrace profile image61
    phonereversetraceposted 14 years ago

I enjoyed your post and like your explanation of the Fourth Way (of which I had never heard before).

However, I think it's important to acknowledge the contradiction in this approach to self realization. The Fourth Way "path" recognizes that truth is beyond thought, time and space. Thus to experience truth one must stop trying to categorize and conceptualize and THINK one's way there!

The only way forward is truly to stop thinking. Silence the mind and release all attachments and desires. Surrender, and go within.

Yes, Silence plays an important role in Fourth Way teaching. One practice of the Fourth Way is Self Remembering which is emptying one's self of One's Self. Krisnamurti says that one can only get in touch with the Otherness through Silence.

Coyjay

5. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I believe that social and economic ideologies and religion ignore the bio-chemical roots of our illness mental and physical.

It is the self replicating DNA, dirty and selfish genes that have no interest in our well being that cause our malaise.

Until we rewrite the vertebrate genome and genetically reprogram, we will always suffer the same human condition that wreaks havoc in our bodies and minds, the consequences of which are our world as it is today.
    It could take 10 years or more to complete, but unfortunately for us, we would rather destroy each other before then.
    The problem will be, that it may take mankind another 150 years to get past religiosity and other beliefs which are currently set in concrete by fear of death to move aside to allow this to take place. smile
    And I do realize my belief will make me about as popular as doggy doo, but someone needs to make a move! We use near nothing of our minds now, and I see little else that can change that. Operating out of the "lizard brain" response though fight or flight is not a very sophisticated way to run a planet!

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any replies? I may have to find a more suitable forum like science I guess.

1. phonereversetrace profile image61
        phonereversetraceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't matter. Life will go on no matter what people try to do.

No need to worry, or struggle against, it or try to improve it. It is going to go where it is going no matter how hard you try to change it.

Better to bring your mind to stillness and relax into the flow.

smile I have been "relaxed into the flow" for more years than you have lived young man! smile The desire to share information is not an addiction, take it easy!

2. coyjay profile image65

Yes, but even as we are we can through super effort make our selves more conscious of our selves and our world. I have been practicing Fourth Way concepts for over twenty years now, and I still function far below the level of man awake. But, at least I recognize my sleep now.

Coyjay

6. ElElyone profile image61
    ElElyoneposted 14 years ago

The mind of Messiah is the ONLY mind that can deliver you from evil.smile

To have ones mind transformed to think as he did and do as he did is the path to righteous.

I am NOT talking about being like half of the people who say they know him either.

Just read what he taught and do it, simple.

Find one fault with what he taught and present it right here and I do NOT mean your paraphrase of it either. Quote it and cite it and then tell me what you find fault with it about.

And, where will we read what He taught?

Coyjay

7. ElElyone profile image61

Messiah was NOT and is NOT subject to a single physical law.

He commanded the waves, walked on the water and raised the dead.

Even raised Himself for that matter because death holds no power over one like THE SON OF MAN.

8. earnestshub profile image81

OK now seriously. Any real thoughts?

9. ElElyone profile image61

Doing miracles was NOTHING for Messiah, it was normal, he was not subject to fear and doubt. He had dominion over all things in this realm. He did more miracles than any other to have set foot on the planet.

THIS WAS NOT as you say "the emphasis" for him.

Miracles can be done by liars, big deal !!!

His emphasis was on THE TRUTH of what he taught.

Understanding of all the time, space, motion and physical laws was elementary to him.

People are the ones "amazed" with this stuff and they want to know how to do it WITHOUT knowing Messiah.

Like I said....Liars can do these things....they are called lying signs and wonders.

Yes, but can you go beyond time-space and actually witness the Miraculous yourself?

Coyjay

1. My Friend Shiyloh profile image58
        My Friend Shiylohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My friend says:
        Love can do anything as it is not bound by anything in this realm or any other realm.

Jesus said we must love our enemies. As we are, we cannot even love our friends.

Coyjay

1. Sybil Marie profile image61
            Sybil Marieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus said "love your neighbor as yourself" The problem may be that so many of us do not love ourselves, that is to say we do not accept ourselves as we are at this moment, in this time, shortcomings and all. When we begin to move into acceptance of ourselves, we begin to love others as well,if that makes sense.

2. My Friend Shiyloh profile image58

My friend says:
            Did you understand the answer?

Love says to your reply:
            If one cannot love ones friends or enemies, why then talk about a 4th way.
            Without love, all is idle and in vain and profits you nothing.

10. earnestshub profile image81

YeH Yeh! all who do not follow your particular sky fairy are all moronic! Sick of hearing it.So your still sticking to the story that your god made the whole thing happen? Good for you!

1. ElElyone profile image61
      ElElyoneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny you say that...you keep reading it.

If you are sick and you ralph....do you put it back in your mouth?

What a stupid childish comment.

11. earnestshub profile image81

I believe that social and economic ideologies and religion ignore the bio-chemical roots of our illness mental and physical.
    Any thoughts?

1. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe in blaming it all on biochemistry and genetics, you ignore the amazing power of human free will. No matter how genetically "perfect" we may engineer our species into becoming, there will still be evil simply because that's what some people choose.

How does a creature that is defined like this.....

"biochemical roots of our illness mental and physical."

"Attempt" to change mankind by.....

"rewrite(ing) the vertebrate genome and genetically reprogram, we will always suffer the same human condition that wreaks havoc in our bodies and minds, the consequences of which are our world as it is today."

If mankind is as you say he is, then tries to do what you say, it is the same as retard working on another retard to make him a genius.smile

Can the government fix the politicians or vice versa?
        Can something genetically IMPERFECT engineer a PERFECT man?
        Try to get even Paraglider to buy that one and he will tell you he'd rather believe in God because that would be easier to do lol

The problem dear Earnest is in the BLOOD of mankind and it CANNOT be fixed By mankind, his problem is in his blood where his life is located.

The solution is NOT man! big_smile
        The best scientists in the world CANNOT concoct a potion to fix himself or you.

2. earnestshub profile image81

I do not agree, I believe all humans to be evil and good, as we all are a part of humanity.I think the human condition is self evident.
        I don't see a choice in evil, the way our primitive brain works, the only choices we have are circumstantial. I would not like to be a child in many parts of the world right now, and as a parent of such a child my choices could be very limited in protecting my family. If starving I would feed my children by stealing if must be. I am as bad as the worst, as good as the best and the more I become conscious of what I am the more empathetic I can become.

12. ElElyone profile image61

"your particular sky fairy are all moronic! Sick of hearing it."

"OK now seriously. Any real thoughts?" (you assume I am NOT serious?)

You were saying Earnest???

Go back read again.

You said what I believed was moronic and you say I am childish?

You are the one sick about hearing me, so do not read it then.

That is twice you have deliberately or otherwise misquoted me.

13. ElElyone profile image61

Well then why do you not say it exactly how you mean it?

And why do you not stop responding to me....

you cannot stand me and you still talk?

Is that NOT "moronic?" lol

14. ElElyone profile image61

Earnest? What does your last name mean?

15. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Stillness and relax into the flow...so new age ! and not at all useful for people that work 8 hs a day or have to study more than 12 to get a title before 25 sad

Ahhh young grass hopper big_smile

First off, I am NOT a "new age" practitioner so what I am going to say does NOT come from said belief system.

One can do all of his work and study and take care of a family and drive on overcrowded freeways and eat and deal with ones boss and coworkers and etc...While they ARE in perfect peace and stillness, having a relaxed calm demeanor all the day long. If one moves away from the aforementioned behaviors for a moment or 7...all one must do is return to THE PEACE that surpasses all understanding (I know Him) and carry on.

Maybe if you learned this you would NOT throw anymore TANTRUMS ??? big_smile

One can be the owner of a company or even commander of 100,000 men and do this..... External circumstances NOT withstanding.

Personally I NEVER say "I am doing OK 'under' the circumstances."

I put circumstances where they belong and that is UNDER my foot.

I do NOT and CANNOT "control all things"...anymore than a General in a war can but...I CAN control my thoughts, feelings, emotions and most of all my spirit.

I love a certain quote that comes from a book you do NOT believe in Tantrum and it goes like this my dear man.

"He that controls his spirit is greater that he who conquers a city"big_smile

P.S. Getting a "title" before one is 25 is NOT as important as one controlling ones spirit.

2. phonereversetrace profile image61
      phonereversetraceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha! You are exactly the type of person I was addressing.

Relaxing into the flow is of IMMENSE help to you! You think you can't work 8 hours a day or study for 12 hours a day without relaxing, breathing, and focusing on the moment?

I work all day and do just that.

Amen!!!

Hope you read what I told him too. smile

16. ElElyone profile image61

big_smile To Earnest:big_smile

I apologize to you sir, I missed a word in your quote when reading it and this was the cause for the misunderstanding on my part. Very sorry.

I work on the computer usually from 10am until 12pm everyday (breaks included) so missing a word can happen. big_smile Please forgive.

As you have said many times in so many words and if you do NOT feel this way then correct it.
    "I have NO time for you and your nonsense, I do NOT believe in God and do NOT want His opinion or yours"mad

You have also said many times in forums that I am in, "I am outta here!...no time etc..." Well then again, why do you come back only to argue with me? Crazy men do this just like someone who has 2 minds. lol

That is why I got as you say "childish" and told you "if you are sick of something and puke it out, do you then put it back in your mouth?"
    Now if that is NOT logical reasoning, but "childish"...well OK. big_smile

Even one Eric Graudins has told you to ignore me and you cannot, after you said you CAN to him, he challenged you to just bail out!!!

I think you are just beyond self control when it comes to making up your mind with a decision and then doing it and you most likely do it in other parts of your life.

If you say something, DO IT...very simple. If you fail to do it, then tell others you failed, do not just move on to the next thing "you are going to do" big_smile

17. tantrum profile image61

First of all i'm no grasshopper to you, my dear God. 2nd, if u created the world (which I think not) you should know about human flaws not achieving going with that kind of flow,but going with the flow (or flaw) of stupidity. 3rd. A man who conquers a city is successful in winning a war. A man that conquers his spirit, is succesful losing some wars.  Think about that God. You're a Hell of a Spirit ! big_smile

OK man....the term grass hopper was a friendly term that comes from an old TV show called "Kung Fu"....sorry if I hurt your feelings. Tantrum is better, fits your character. I mean, you picked it out.smile

Mankind thinks the way he thinks because he chooses to, not from thinking like I do.

A man who rules his spirit and conquers the city has both.
      A man who only conquers a city and has no rule over this spirit will loose it to another who shall conquer him.

Ruling your spirit is MUCH harder that winning a war. Winning a war means that the war is over, the war of ruling your spirit starts again every time you wake up. lol

Like I said....The one GREATER is he that rules his spirit.
      A lot of Generals have won wars who had NO control over the spirit.

18. tantrum profile image61

ElElyione wrote
    The solution is NOT man! big_smile
    The best scientists in the world CANNOT concoct a potion to fix himself or you.

Of course not! Your creation is full of FLAWS!  nobody can fix that! lol

Of course it has flaws, mankind made a choice to NOT follow instructions and has blamed everyone from me the the devil to the woman to the dog, the cat, the bad hair, the government, the mommy, the daddy, the ice cream man and blah, blah, blah.....blabber blabber whine and snivel piss and moan and bellyache to no end.

I created all things and when I was done I said it was "VERY GOOD"

What mankind did after that is on him.

Just like if someone gave you something to be in charge of Tantrum, given enough time...YOU WOULD SCREW IT ALL UP lol

You know what is strange. I told mankind that they could eat from ANY tree in the garden....except for only ONE...and you know what, they said...NO, we will do as we please and never mind that we have dozens to choose from....WE WANT WHAT WE WANT and that is why we are in charge!!!

Still goes on today Tantrum....big_smile

19. ElElyone profile image61

1- I do NOT want and do NOT have anything to do with "religiosity"!
    Religion and the religiousness that I see going on makes me RALPH !!!

I simply LOVE God my Father and follow what Messiah taught, simple.
    I add NOTHING to it and take NOTHING away from it.smile

2- I have ABSOLUTELY NO fear of death, in fact I laugh at it !!! lollollol

And I thought I was talking to God ! yikes  So ur only his sun?? And you follow a Messiah?? And ur saying ur not a fraid of death?? that makes u 2 human, just as the man that's behind the avatar, or I have 2 say the 2 men ? lol lol lol

And what about this ???     yikes

2. ElElyone profile image61

I can speak for me and I can speak for Him if He gives me the words.

Very simple...just like you can speak for yourself or you can speak for your father if he tells you to say something FOR him tantrum.

is this to logical for you dear man? smile

20. tantrum profile image61

Why did u put that f...ng tree in the first place ?!  you're a sado-maso type of God and very soft n the head. lol

Mockery will get you mockery.lol

Like I said...you had the CHOICE to CHOSE!!!

Would you rather i take away the freedom to choose....or would you cry about that too???

I gave you plenty of trees but YOU wanted the only one I told you not to touch and you all still do it today don't you now?

I bet if someone tells you not to touch something you will do it to prove you can....this is the way of mankind. smile

You shoul have known better then. It's ur own creation, you  God of All Errors ! lol So long old chap!

Here you are again, saying one thing and doing another....go to BED!!!

Let's recall the story about Cain and Able shall we?
          I have a point so please read it OK? smile

God spoke to Cain: "Why this tantrum? (see you are in the bible)  Why the sulking? If you do well, won't you be accepted? And if you don't do well, sin is lying in wait for you, ready to pounce; it's out to get you, you've got to master it."

Cain had words with his brother. They were out in the field; Cain came at Abel his brother and killed him.
          God said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother?"

He said, "How should I know? Am I his babysitter?" (typical denial)

God said, "What have you done! The voice of your brother's blood is calling to me from the ground. From now on you'll get nothing but curses from this ground; you'll be driven from this ground that has opened its arms to receive the blood of your murdered brother. You'll farm this ground, but it will no longer give you its best. You'll be a homeless wanderer on Earth."

Cain said to God, "My punishment is too much. I can't take it! You've thrown me off the land and I can never again face you. I'm a homeless wanderer on Earth and whoever finds me will kill me."

God told him, "No. Anyone who kills Cain will pay for it seven times over." God put a mark on Cain to protect him so that no one who met him would kill him.

Cain left the presence of God and lived in No-Man's-Land, east of Eden.

See there, no tree, no serpent to tempt, nobody told him to do it either.

We all have choices everyday Tantrum. Chose righteousness and stop blaming others.
          big_smile

21. tantrum profile image61

Ruling your spirit is MUCH harder that winning a war. Winning a war means that the war is over, the war of ruling your spirit starts again evry time you wake up. lol

So what's so funny? lol you're the funniest God I ever met.

22. tantrum profile image61

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/innocent/innocent0006.gif

23. ElElyone profile image61

Tantrum ????

Are you saying that YOU CANNOT control and rule over your own spirit, soul and mind and thoughts BECAUSE you have so much to do?

What man...someone else going to do it FOR YOU?

And if THEY do NOT ..... you blame THEM? smile

I'm not saying that at all! you're losing it, God! If u were a god u wouldn't be asking... And I'm waiting 4 the answers 2 my questions above !  http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/innocent/innocent0006.gif

Then GO and rule your spirit and be on your way and DO NOT ask for my help because YOU DO NOT believe in me.smile

24. tantrum profile image61

I would b quoting my father, not saying i'm himself. That's psycho!! And that's what you are, 3 in 1! Not answering my questions yet....http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/innocent/innocent0006.gif

25. ElElyone profile image61

I have NO FEAR of death because it has NO POWER over me!!!lol

Of course not, God! As u don't have any power over me! And you know I know, Who u are Goddy! big_smile I'm going 2 take a nap. Hope u find someone  interested in this kind of arguments. I'm  off. Bye !!

Ahhhhh....wrong again Tantrum!!!

I hold the power of your life and your death in my hand.smile

And when you wake up from your nap, should I choose to wake you from it, go and rule your spirit, it needs a lot of that.

26. ElElyone profile image61

Maybe a forum asking the question:

"How far is up?"

27. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/Wolfbaby411/LOL%20Cats/fdhgh.jpg

I'm sorry, I saw this and couldn't resist...

I'm going to stop posting cats now.

Please write a hub on all the "CONTRADICTIONS" in the scriptures.
      Or just post them all in a forum.

Regards smile

1. profile image0
        L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I am not an athiest. Scripture can be taken as literal and metaphorical.

You said on your hub the scriptures had contradictions....prove it please:)

1. profile image0

I'm not going to write hubs to demand and I refuse to get caught up in some philosophical debate online. I have said what I have to say...that is all.

Oh OK...so if I said YOU are full of contradictions.

Would you NOT ask for proof? smile

1. profile image0

No

Oh I see...so you school house has NOT taught you that when you say something contradicts itself to be sure you can back up that statement?

Seems like mummy and daddy have wasted a lot of money lad. smile

Try it in the real world and be ready for a lot of ridicule and scorn and mockery. No doubt about it. lol

1. profile image0

Firstly, my school is entirely free - it's a grammar school, not a private one (I still had to pass an exam to get in but it doesn't cost me a penny...it relies on natural talent not natural wealth).

Secondly, I do not appreciate being talked down to for no other reason than you want to make youself look good.

There are hundreds of places online where you can find the information you seek. I have neither the time available to post a hub on it, neither do I care that much about a passing comment which is accepted even by priests and men of the church. My parish priest did a sermon about how contradiction in the Bible is not an excuse to stop believing in God - if only because some of it can be taken as metaphorical and we can use our better judgement (provided by God since he made our every sinew) to work out what is expected of us. We are not acting as moral agents if we are simply following orders.

Finally, just as a note to every zealot online, religious arguments are alright for supporting a belief in God (this is one thing I have learnt by being the only person who believes in God in my philosophy class) but the chances of you being able to convert someone is tiny. Most of the time it just irritates people and has the potential to turn them away.

Ok, now I have said my piece.

Luke.

2. kmackey32 profile image63
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahahaha I love it. lol

and helpful!

28. goodfriendiam profile image61
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

This was a good forum started, but it has been taken over again. See, I know within myself that God does not work this way. He said to go into the world and teach those who wanted to be taught, not shove it down my throat. or any one elses throat for that matter. I thank God that I do believe. But I feel sorry for those, that have to listen to what comes out of your mouth. But I guess it does say, that it is not what you eat that defiles a man, but what comes out. Now you may email me all you like. But if you (ElElyone) do email me one more time, I will file a complaint with hub pages for harassment, and maybe they will take you off. But you won't get a reply from me. I came in here to talk about something with substance, and you messed that up. shame on you.

29. profile image0

I sound a bit like a zealot myself in the middle bit. I assure people this is only used to support my point against irrationality as an argument; please consider it critical thinking and not a religious lecture.

30. profile image0

Oh yeah, and for the record rants take alot less effort than finding proof (etc)...

You forget, I'm English, I'm naturally moody and constantly ranting tongue

Also, the reason it doesn't matter that it contradicts itself is because it is a small fact which isn't important, it doesn't matter if it is two or seven, truth is it's what it stands for which matters. Religious or not.

I am a Welshman.....so what is your point ???

I do NOT make it an excuse for my actions, men do NOT make excuses, boys do. smile

31. profile image0

Well I am a boy so I shall use that excuse thank you.

And you posted that your are only 17 years old, so you do not belong on hub pages dear boy...that is in violation of rule #3 when signing up.

32. coyjay profile image65
    coyjayposted 14 years ago

My Friend

In order to love you must be conscious. And man as he is is not conscious. we must make super effort to become conscious then we can begin to love.

Coyjay

1. My Friend Shiyloh profile image58

My friend says:
      One need but yield to love and be conscience of love.
      It is love that make you even hear your conscience.
      To you, how is man not conscience?

33. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Does uuummmmmmmm mean 'I don't know'?

Meditate Mike, you have nice knowledge of the Holy Bible but will understand the Light that Jesus spoke off only be meditating and not reading.
      You will become the Light and understand the meaning of "I am the light, God and son of god."

"When thy eye be single" Jesus

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)