Why is it that some hubbers have 300+ hubs of pure garbage??

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (27 posts)
  1. vancouver profile image40
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

And no one flags them or takes them down. They are painful to read, ive even noticed some hubs that seem like people are using automated software to enter the content , with repetitive wording over and over again, obviously not geared towards human reading.

1. Kadmiels profile image51
      Kadmielsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know of what you speak i just hit 100 hubs and i have tried to make them as best quality as i can it has taken 8 months but I have done it. some of those with 300 + hubs are just using some type of article spinner to get you into reading and want to go away real quick and hopefully click there ad sense. but those will inevitable the ones that fail

1. Kadmiels profile image51
        Kadmielsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Vancouver is a fun place

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well....if they look automated, that means he probably hired some hack to dump out a lot of keywords and whatnot just to get Adsense hits. i have been approached by some of these individuals for this kind of content and they say 'of course i won't be able to pay you anything until it gets up and running blah blah blah...', at which point i tell them to keep walking.

smile

2. vancouver profile image40
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

or maybe the question should be "How do they have 300+ hubs of garbage"

1. anjalichugh profile image67
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I noticed a couple of hubbers publishing 15-18 hubs a day. I know it as I keep getting notifications. How can you expect quality this way?

1. Dale Mazurek profile image63
        Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have managed to write 4 in the last 2 days and that took a lot from me so I couldnt imagine 15-18

3. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't force myself to read one hub of garbage. How did you manage to make yourself go through 300?

1. vancouver profile image40
      vancouverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok well you got me there winki didnt actually go through all 300 but i did peruse them, and every one i found was some type of automated entry.

2. barryrutherford profile image74
      barryrutherfordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or maybe that is garbage to  (~)

3. forlan profile image59
      forlanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you darkside

4. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I have never experienced PAIN whilst reading, may I suggest you visit yer Doctor, I wish you a speedy recovery !

1. vancouverdentist profile image39
      vancouverdentistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I notice your from Vancouver JR, come visit me I can pull some of your teeth smile

5. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

We have one forum moderator here and I don't thinks she's doing anything against it, cos this inevitably occurs in abundance in places like hp and it would be a poison to deal with it all working day.

6. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

It's the inevitable result of the type of site that Hubpages has become.

As soon as something worthwhile appears on the net, the dodgy internet marketers game the hell out of it.

7. Sandi_M_Lewanika profile image59
    Sandi_M_Lewanikaposted 14 years ago

I've been trying to figure that one out! It just really doesn't make sense to me at all. Maybe after you have submitted a certain number of hubs they don't bother to review your hubs!!I really don't know....

8. E. A. Wright profile image73
    E. A. Wrightposted 14 years ago

Maybe the "writers" are hoping this cliche is true: that one man's trash really is another man's treasure...

I haven't flagged anything, but I've been tempted.

9. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Please flag hubs that are unreadable.  If you note when you flag that this is a pattern by the user, I will check it out.

10. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

To take them all down I think HP would have to have an army of mods working 24/7.
    It's a shame really.
    I remember back when I first started using Google, you could type in a word, hit search and you'd get maybe 10 relative hits, then the rest were links to some weird websites that made no sense at all when you looked at them.
    Mainly just keywords strung together with your search term in every sentence.
    HP is nowhere near that bad.

11. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Do we get told if one of our hubs is flagged?

I dont think that any of mine have ever been flagged, unless I wouldnt know about it?

12. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I believe you get an email telling you.

13. shamelabboush profile image51
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

you need a big crew to control that unless we (the hubbers) attempt to ignore them. Why waste our time and flag them?

14. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I don't even waste my time reading hubs that sound like they were taken straight out of wikipedia... and yes, I do wonder why they are allowed... I'm new here so feeling my way around, there are some great writers here~~

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And would you like to nominate one of the fantastic writers to feature in my project?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/20946

15. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Wikipedia? I wish. Here's a 79-score hub from one of our newest hubbers (complete except for the stolen pic):

Tequila is a Mexican National Drink most common 50% alc how could it take the question?
    and tequila should be taken very typically involves tequila, salt and lemon

must first be wetted left hand position between the thumb and forefinger best lick it and then there poured salt and y in the same hand Take a piece of lemon. the other hand held a cup of tequila

to move quickly if you drink tequila lick salt and eat lemon

na in good party can be up to this action as well as the only salt has to be on the girls ches ;D

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

looks like the hubber had a couple shots before he wrote the hub...

16. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I've done 6 in 2 days.......... but I mean 2 whole days! I am now exhausted with a migraine.....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)