Beautiful Oriental Ladies ??

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (36 posts)
  1. tksensei profile image62
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

??????????????????????????

1. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's to short sensei. ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

"Please note that advertising and promotional posts in the forums will be deleted and may result in the closing of your HubPages account. Do not start threads for the sole purpose of promotion or posting links. Please use the Forums in the spirit of community! forum rules"

This includes promoting your own hubs.

3. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

This can be construed in a light hearted joking manner (which I would assume is your intention) BUT this can also be construed as insulting!!!!

I do not find the "sale" of any person to be humorous, whether Oriental or not, regardless of the source.  :MAD:

And, UW, I agree with you totally.

4. Jane Dee Summers profile image61
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

That was not my intention, if you want to have this deleted then just ask. Unlike you. I will not be offended. I'm trying to delete it myself. I did not place the add on my hub, should I be offended too?

1. Beth100 profile image69
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's one thing to have an outsource place the ad, but to joke about it is another thing.

You may not take offence. Which is fine.  But, be aware that others may -- that's my point.

And, I acknowledged that your intentions were NOT to offend anyone.

2. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There may be a miscommunication here. JD what exactly were you trying to say in your thread?

3. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jane nobody is talking about the ads on your hub. Every hub has ads on it.

They are talking about announcing your hub on the forum. This is not allowed.

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Jane, nobody wants you to be offended, they just want you to follow the rules.

I have already told you how to go about gaining traffic. Spamming the forum is the not the way to go about it. Spamming other forums is fine, but there is a rule and you cannot break it.

There are 88,000 hubbers who have a total of 400,000 hubs.

If every one of those 88,000 hubbers told us about every one of their 400,000 hubs, then this forum wouldn't exactly be a fun place to be would it?

I started here 2 months and 1 week ago. I have never announced my hubs on the forum, and now have 142 fans and some good traffic.

If you cant understand this, then maybe hubpages is not the place for you.

6. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

Dear Uninvited,

If all the emails I get about the latest hub that has been created by a hubber, are you suggesting that I should complain about promoting hub pages, I thought that's what we are here for to promote out work.

Should you not try and be a little more adult about it?

1. profile image0

You started a thread about your hub on this forum.

On this forum you are not allowed to do so.

Uninvited_writer told you that this was a rule.

End of. No need for you to answer her back, just dont tell us everytime you write a hub.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just quoted what appears on the left hand side every single time you post to the forum.  My intent was not to offend you.

7. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

Thanks for that. There is a misunderstanding. Just have it deleted.

8. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

My dearest Ryan,

This discussion is over. I have apologised. Maybe you have better things to focus on.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to hubpages smile Forget everything and start again smile

2. profile image0

Like not wasting my time offering people like you advice?

Seems some people take advice as offending.  Others just don't appreciate it.  And others can't see it as help -- just a criticism.

1. profile image0

Yeah I know, but she thanked me for my advice in the other thread that she started. I spent a good couple of minutes of my time explaining how to get traffic and make money - which clearly went completely over her head, as she proceeded to try and promote her hub on the forum instead.

So clearly my focus should move away from helping newbies, and being completely selfish from now on lol

That's so TOTALLY unlike you!!!  Never selfish.....  smile

lol Really? lol

1. profile image0

lol

I try and play nice most of the time, I promise.

Unlike me - I like to rock the boat...every so often! lol

2. Jane Dee Summers profile image61
            Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

xxxxxxx

Don't go there Ryan, you should only help people if you want.

Forget everything and enjoy hubpages. lots of interesting people to meet. I assure you smile

9. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

What happened to all the beautiful Oriental ladies?? Did they leave before I got here? I feel robbed! sad

10. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

In Asia the term "oriental" is applied to objects not people.

11. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

Mr Voodoo is the only one who is honest about why he clicked onto the post.

I appreaciate all the advice I get from people and I thank them.

Shouldn't we all just chill.

It's not in my nature to offend people. It was meant as a joke. Most mature men would see it that why.

I have no preferences when it comes to different people around the world.

love you all

12. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Ditto.

13. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

I never thought that Ryan was selfish and I never said that, I was responding to another hubber.

14. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

Can we all be friends now. I seem to have lost (a ...) in the process. I won't mention it, or we would have to start the discussion all over again.

I have been refered to as she, I don't even mind because I know that was not the intention.

lol But your name is jane ?

15. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

Sorry Tantrum not allowed to say, but thanks for asking.

But it's there on your avatar. I don't get it yikes

16. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

I afraid I might be promoting my H--. Love the costume.

17. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Just as long as you guys don't get her confused with me big_smile

18. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

Just to let some of hubbers know who are unfamiliar with the term impolite. Referring to someone as she and her is not entirely correct.

No Jane, they are not confusing the two of us. I'm younger with long dark hair, I do however have to hide the grey these days.

However, just thought the whale's tale was more interesting than a picture of myself. Don't you agree?.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)