Stanger Slaps child in walmart

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Kadmiels profile image51
    Kadmielsposted 14 years ago

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art … AD9AFFTMG0

Wow if i was this kids parent and this A#$@#@$ tried to do that to my child I think they would be bailing me out.. What has become of this society that people would even think of doing such a horrible thing.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree whole heartedly; nobody should shop at Wal-Mart mad

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i read that article in this morning's paper. it's amazing what people think they can get away with. my first instinct, if it were me, would be to clobber him on the head with a nearby sauté pan or something, but then i would also be arrested and my child further traumatized by being taken to wherever it is that they take children when their parents are arrested. but i would have verbally assaulted him, then carried out a revenge plot later.

stealthily.

that man looks like someone who probably beats his own children and kicks his dog for good measure.

3. Envoy profile image68
      Envoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh yea they'd definitely be bailing me out too! No way! No how would anyone put hands on my kids! OMG hell have no furry ya know...
      that's just crazy man!

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

There's always good press in bad press for some companies hmm

3. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

In this story, it does sound like the slapper was in the wrong... but seriously -- have you seen how some people allow their children to behave in public? 

There are so many times I've wanted to use duck tape in Wal-Mart.  Often for the parent as much as the child.

Kadmielsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there are always good and bad parents in this world and some don;t deserve to even breed but yet they sometimes do it just sickens me when a innocent child is the one caught up in the middle of it sad

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I've heard some great stories from my three best friends who work there and yea kids are definitely horrible but that guy should have NEVER slapped that kid. I would have dropped kicked him back to the Ice Age. Of course, I would be telling my kid to shut it too lol

there are times when kids need discipline and it should be up to the parents not at the hands of strangers

5. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I remember once seeing this mom yanking her daughters back really hard by their braids.  At the time I just thought it was really cruel because all they did was wander a few feet away.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Owie that sounds painful! by the way nice new pic SweetiePie

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the comment on my pic smile.

1. profile image0

you'r welcome...I love that shirt on you. very pretty! oh jeez I'm such a girl at times. help! lol

1. SweetiePie profile image82
            SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am a total girl too!  I always like to compliment other women on their cute clothes smile.

1. profile image0

but...but I am a tomboy! lol

6. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

What a shame that there was no one around to give that piece of crap the beating of his lifetime.

7. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Obvious answer, the stranger should have either slapped the parent or taken them to a pharmacy and introduced them to contraception !

1. profile image0

oooo I would have loved to read that one in the papers. Stranger slaps parent...or better yet. stranger buys woman a box of Trojans and tells her use 'em!

stranger buys woman a box of Trojans and tells her use 'em!

thats going to be a classic someday smile

1. profile image49
          badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

By the sound of the woman she would have had a whole army of Trojans and I don't mean the condoms. Btw if anyone from Trojan Condoms, the best damn condoms is reading this ya can pay me by paypal for the plug. smile

2. Kadmiels profile image51

a little late for that though lol

1. profile image49

Not for the next one lol

3. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The stranger should have minded his own damn business, and it's a damn shame he still has two unbroken legs right now.

1. darkside profile image65
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A bad parent and a brat of a child might not deserve a slap, but a person giving a slap deserves two broken legs?

1. tksensei profile image60

At the very minimum.

And I was under the impression that you thought Japan was undeserving of two atomic bombs.

By the same token perhaps they deserved 20 mushroom clouds.

Your comparison is offensive and irrational. There are so many ways in which your comment is just flat out stupid that I don't know where to begin.

If a couple of slaps deserves two broken legs what does invasion, mass murder, countless rapes, etc... deserve?

Irrational?

No.

Offensive?

It depends on which bit you're referring to. My comparison or your idea of fairness.

10 atomic bombs would have been fair. 20 would have been a bit of overkill. Like two broken legs for a smack.

Ok, stop being obtuse. The broken legs that idiot earned (at a minimum) would be because of his personal actions and would be limited to himself. I would not break the legs of his family, his friends, or his neighbors. He does not represent a political entity pursuing a goal of conquest or territorial expansion, etc. I'm sure I don't need to explain this to you. Stop being stupid.

Now if the man had a habit of smacking, and he had thousands and thousands of friends who also would also join with him on a systematic smacking of countless children and they couldn't be stopped...? Yes, I think I agree with you he'd be deserving of those broken legs. In fact break the legs of his family, his friends and his neighbours if that's the only way you're going to get this smacking madness under control.

2. Lily Rose profile image85
          Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  If that stranger hit my child like that, he'd have more than two broken legs, no doubt.  Of course, my kids are angels so that would never happen!

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

That is horrible!!! If someone slapped my child I would be going to jail for beating them up in public! My God what is this world coming to? sad

1. profile image49

You are only asking that question now, is Bin Laden in that cave with  you ?

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Gran Mariner is !!! lololololo big_smile

9. profile image50
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Get a rope, I will get a lynch mob !

10. profile image0

Nice new pic BC! and hey CG hows it going. Can I be a part of the mob? I've always wanted to be a part of a mob lol

1. profile image50
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about BC but I am lynching the a-hole for shopping in Walmart not slapping the kid !

1. profile image0

Awww..but I shop at Walmart and have friends who work there too. Don't hurt us CG don't hurt us please! big_smile

1. profile image50

Baby you are way too cute to hurt, lovin the shades doll smile

11. profile image0

aaa thanks CG big_smile my husband surprised me in that pic. lol

1. profile image50

Yeah I cud kinda tell by the smile, I kinda like public places myself smile

12. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

The stranger had to be a mental case.  I don't care how badly the child was acting up the fact that he thought he had the right to tell the mother anything; and the fact that he apparently doesn't know right from wrong, shows he's a nut case.  "Poor him" - he didn't like hearing a kid cry   mad   Oh, and "big, brave, man, him" - he'll take on a two-year-old.   mad

cosette, the same thoughts occurred to me about beating his own kids.

13. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

exactly. what a short fuse, hmm?

i remember when that BabyP story broke - it hit me hard and i even made a Myspace page for him. anyway, it got so i couldn't bear to hear any little baby or toddler cry when i was in a store...i never paid too much attention to it before, but after BabyP, i thought about him crying and what happened to him so that when i heard any child cry, it realy upset me. so i would leave the store. that man could have walked away. pardon my saying so but he was a %%$#@head!

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

My children are all adults now. I was not a perfect parent nor were my kids good all the time, but I never hit them, and if someone else had tried to, I would put this body on the line and even hurt the offender if that's what it took.
    I protected a child I sponsored to Australia from his mother and repaired as much as i could of the damage she had caused to this beautiful child before he came under my care when he was six years old.
    He is now twenty, in a relationship and has more work to do on trust.

Discipline? absolutely! Hitting or using fear to control children has long term consequences for the child, and many parents would benefit from long term exposure to Coca Cola budget TV spots educating them about parenting.
    Imagine the cost saving long term on social security! smile Parents are not always patient, but common sense and how to deal with  naughty children can be taught. smile

your right smile i agree

15. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

You think that is bad. In Manitoba some woman took a baby out of a home during a party and started beating up the baby outside. She didn't even know the family. The baby is still in the hospital.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/ … ntoNewHome

1. RooBee profile image82
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speechless. Just awful.

16. tksensei profile image60

An adult male beating a small child deserves a hell of a lot more than JUST two broken legs, btw.

17. tksensei profile image60

Are you done being stupid yet?

Ahhhh, the 'you disagree with me therefore you are stupid' argument.

Can't beat that one!

No, it's the 'you have made an utterly stupid comparison, so stop being stupid' argument.

If you want to smear crap all over yourself and try to justify your stupid comparison, be my guest.

The comparison came up because I'm trying to get a grasp of your idea of fairness.

I think it's safe to assume that it's pretty fracked up.

No you're not. You are trying to draw some ridiculous and extremely offensive equivalency and are making yourself look like a fool in the process.

18. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

The man is just a product of a culture that is still generally hostile to children.

As for those who consider the mother of the mouthy toddler a bad parent, try having a kid yourself before you judge another parent. Kids are wonderful. They also happen to by nature have shorter attention spans, greater need for attention, less emotional restraint, lower tolerance for the relative tedium of the adult world, and less sophisticated means of expressing their needs. Even the best parents sometimes have to deal with their children staging meltdowns. And not everyone can get a babysitter for a trip to the grocery store.

Shopping with a toddler in tow can be difficult enough without anyone else interfering or judging.

it can be very difficult and the morality of our society is allowing this to happen more and more but hopefully this will get enough attention and maybe prevent someone else from doing it in the future

1. Jane Dee Summers profile image60
        Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there are things that people try to do to prevent but simetimes humans have a distict reaction and do not think with ther head in thesituation

2. RooBee profile image82
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! Well said. It is so very easy to judge when one is not a parent. I don't get why some folks out there are so embittered toward children/parents. It seems so very 'bah, humbug' to me!

19. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

As Jeff Foxworthy ... Wal-Mart is made for hitting kids!

~thranax~

20. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

By no means was that guy right for what he did.  Maybe he has something wrong with him.  Babies crying in the store do bother me and the parents do not even try to hush them or comfort them.  If someone slapped a baby that was mine, I would be really upset.  I do not know what I would do about it, but I sure would be upset.  I have had to run away from crying babies in the store many times and it is hard to think straight while listening to it.  We just have to walk away.  I could never slap a baby, that would be horrible.  I think the guy has something wrong with him though. 

Maybe someone needs to make him cry and slap him multiple times.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)