Has anyone actually ever seen Jesus?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (56 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 16 years ago

Don't be a liar now....if you seen something and equate it to Jesus, it doesn't count.  If you felt something and assumed it was Jesus, it doesn't count. 

So of all the people who say they have seen Jesus, how many of you have actually seen him?
    But if you hadn't and assumed it was Jesus, then what would lead you to believe it was him?

1. blackjava profile image60
      blackjavaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Any one who claims to have seen jesus needs an appointment with a shrink.

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
        Dr Billy Kiddposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I chatted with Jesus in a dream. AND I'm a shrink!

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I see Jesus every Monday when he and his crew comes over to do my lawn.

2. Trish Burgin profile image59
        Trish Burginposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have not, can't wait until the day that I do, but my mother has. My mother was 6 years old. Just playing in her room. (At this point in her life her parents had never brought her to church or not ever told her about Jesus.) Anyway, she was just playing in her room when all a sudden someone came floating towards her window. This person had his arms stretched out, holes in his hands, a robe and no sandals on the feet. When he came all the way to the window he was only exposed from the shoulders down. He never showed her his face. She just stared at him for an moment in awe. She said she felt nothing but pure love coming from this person. After he left, she ran to her mother(keep in mind who was not a christian and never told her about Jesus) that Jesus just had visited her. My mom said automatically she knew who he was, it was just given to her in her thoughts, without him even saying a word. My grandmother was of course shocked. Later, because of this she ended up coming to Christ.

2. profile image52
      minichurro1posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have had a few experiences that are biblical. I read the book of Esther, and fell asleep to a song called El Shaddai and had an experience where I saw a bright white cross shining throughout my whole body. It was the most amount of love and joy I have ever felt and in that He showed me that He loves and shines through His people and nothing can separate us from his love. I also went under really bad spiritual attack and saw a bunch of faces of the devil. I cried out to God, and a man started walking toward me in a field, His robes were so white I couldn't see His face. He started saying psalm 23 and I started saying it as if I knew it by heart when I didn't, and it felt like it was physically flowing from my heart. Another night I got attacked and a spirit was trying to touch me while I was asleep, but then I saw a hand that was pierced, I was surprised bc the blood was still fresh, like it wasn't healed. The hand was holding a shepherds staff. I didn't get attacked after I saw that.  Another experience with a homeless man that showed up on my street when I wanted to give to someone but didn't have a car. It was a high end neighborhood, and a random homeless man decided to walk down my street. It wasn't normal for the area.  the man didn't look like Jesus, didn't have a beard, but he had a really kind face and a really gentle demeaner. I got nervous and ended up thanking the man after I gave him what I had for him. He wasn't wearing any shoes, just holy socks. I've never seen a homeless man like him. People can laugh and make fun if they want, but it's real and they can't take that away from anyone. It is impossible to disprove the existence of God, and many people who try are very sad, and bitter and many are crying out for God to reveal himself because He seemed to be so silent their whole lives, but He never leaves us. He is with us through all the pain, and He heals us and sets us free. I don't know if anyone will see this post, because this thread is 8 years old, but I hope it helps someone.

1. profile image52
        minichurro1posted 7 years agoin reply to this

after I saw the man with robes so white and bright I couldn't see his face, I met a girl at a church who told me she saw the same exact figure, who told her that her uncle would be healed from cancer, and he was. Then I met a minister at an unrelated church and he told the congregation he saw God and described him the same way and couldn't see his face. I tried to squirt to see it, when I saw him, but it was too bright. There is also a book called Heaven Is So Real and the author describes the same figure. So it supports what I saw. It wasn't a hallucination, other people have seen the same thing. There was also a boy on YouTube who claims to have seen the wounds of Jesus and says his wounds were open like how I saw them.

3. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 6 years agoin reply to this

None of the people who wrote the letters that became the Bible ever met Jesus. The New American Catholic Bible notes in front of each chapter that no one actually knows who really wrote those letters.

1. profile image0
        jonnycomelatelyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"Why would you let facts get in the way of a good story?"

2. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Paul claims an encounter on the road to Damascus.  Plus, no one really knows (for sure) if the apostles whom the gospels are credited to personally shared these in order for them to be written.

Either way. None of that is important to the faithful. Have I seen Jesus? Certainly. He looks like you and me. And every human being who walks the earth. We should see him in all others and treat each human being as he would have treated them. Notice how many times he was seen and not immediately recognized after the resurrection.

I don't think anyone quite understands how stagnant the faith would be if there were certainties. If we had proof positive and looked to one person in particular for guidance. Think Islam.

2. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 16 years ago

I have, many times, but if you check my profile you'll see that I'm a 2,000 year old Nazarene. We used to build fires with his dad's wood-shavings.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 16 years agoin reply to this

are you joking?  if not can you explain more for me?

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Um, yes, I'm joking. Sorry if I accidentally killed your thread.

No, I haven't seen Jesus. In fact I can't remember seeing anyone alive who died before I was born.

1. Thom Carnes profile image61
          Thom Carnesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Nice one!

3. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 16 years ago

I've seen jesus in a few films, he's a fine actor and I highly recommend his films, even though they follow the same formula!

1. profile image0

lol  smile

4. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I had a really trippy dream once where Jesus had shaved off all his hair and beard and all that and was tattooed up.  How, then, would I recognize he was Jesus?

The eyes.  Seriously, every depiction of Jesus I've seen, and the only thing that -really- draws me to look at it is his eyes.

1. profile image0

I really like that gamergirl.  the eyes.  I think about eyes a lot, or as they say, the eyes are the window to the soul. 

x's.

2. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Your comment stirred a memory.

I was going through a tough time in my life and was walking into the post office--this was quite a few years back. A bum was out in the parking lot, just sitting on the curb. We made eye contact and did not speak and there was such an intensity in his eyes it took my breath away. The first thought that came to my mind was that I was looking into the eyes of Jesus.

I know it sounds goofy now but it had a huge impact on me at the time--really rattled me.

I'm not exactly a rabid Christian either, so its not like I go around looking for these kinds of experiences.

1. Jeromeo profile image61
        Jeromeoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The love that Jesus projects is the love that God has for us all (whetherYOU believe in him or not) Jesus, asks us to remember those less fortunate than ourselves.

So to see a plea, for the love of Jesus, in the eyes of someone less fortunate, and have a strong feeling; of being drawn, to that plea in you heart, is really not so strange. The feeling is fed when you give. 

There is also the fact that there but for the grace of God go I.

And this is the is the most truthful answer to the question posted so far. For just like we see God in the things he created to sustain life.  We all see Jesus Christ's reflections of his Father/God, in the loving kindeness that we recieve form others, and pass-on to others, in our dalily living.

It's a spiritual thing, experienced in a spiritual dimension, of understanding, no rockets necessary to achieve flight.  Just believe.

2. Wifeof Yeshua profile image57
        Wifeof Yeshuaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I would really like to know what he looked like. What color were his eyes?

1. Don W profile image82
          Don Wposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow, another thread that has been resurrected (see what I did there?)

5. firetown profile image61
    firetownposted 16 years ago

I was looking for that image where Jesus comes towards you, but cannot find it right now ...

6. Inertia profile image53
    Inertiaposted 16 years ago

Do dreams count,I dreamt I seen him and he held out his hole pained hands.No Idea what it means.

1. Trichakra profile image60
      Trichakraposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You saw Jesus in your dreams.

7. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

I think Sandra meant the question literally. Seeing meaning seeing with the eyes, when awake, in normal mental health, in reasonable lighting conditions, and not under the influence of mind altering chemicals, etc.  And thus far, no-one has put their hand up.

8. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

In a spiritual, metaphorical sense, I have seen/sensed Jesus as the Christ in my heart. To me that is best kind of "seeing"...more Truth, than my physical eyes could see. big_smile

9. Inertia profile image53
    Inertiaposted 15 years ago

Well if I did not recognise him,I at least hope I gave him water when he was thirsty,or picked him up if he fell down,not that he would fall.

10. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

Yes  I have seen Jesus in the waking of day at the sea
    in a sunset that could never be created by man
    I have seen him in the creating  of rocky mountains
    when snow covers the land

I have  seen him in the  crying of a new  baby at
    the hospital near where an old man dies
    or along the edge of a river  in the maple trees
    where all colors of the rainbow lies

Have I  seen him with  my eye's  or with the eyes
    of my soul  heart and mind ?
    Or will you see him in the sounds of the forest
    if you go there to find

Have a little faith , there's more to see than with just  your eye's ?

1. paradigm search profile image54
      paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

"Has anyone actually ever seen Jesus?"

Actually, I just finished a game of chess with him. He won.

1. profile image0

Did he appear as a pawn, a rook, a bishop, a king, a queen?  Was he black, white, on the offensive or defensive?  After check mate, did he get reborn, or did he disappear for ever?  Maybe this needs to become a new branch of theology, to be very seriously considered and addressed!

big_smile

2. Oztinato profile image76
      Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

Tens of thousands of people saw Jesus when He lived and they left accurate primary source evidence.
      Therefore there is only one answer to your question a resounding " yes many have seen Jesus".

3. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 7 years ago

And that's Why they call you guys 'Shrinks' wink

4. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 6 years ago

Has anyone actually ever seen Jesus?

When Jesus was alive everybody could see him as one could have seen anybody else.
      When Jesus died a natural death in the age of about 120 years at Srinagar, Kashmir, now one cannot see him as one cannot see a dead person except of course in a dream or vision or in Kashaf. Right?Please
      Regards

1. Live to Learn profile image61

lol

5. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 6 years ago

@Live to Learn

Please give a reason or an argument, if one has any.
      Regards

A reason I laughed? I find your belief to be exceptionally fun. Thus, the laugh.

1. profile image50
          paarsurreyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't think there is anything there to laugh . It is a serious discussion. Maybe one takes things trifling, but I don't. I don't mind if one opts to laugh, it is good for one's health, however , but life  and faith are serious matters. Right?
          Kindly give reasons and arguments to support one's point of view when one feels convenient. Please
          It is a friendly discussion, please.
          Regards

OK. I will say I find it odd that Muslims call Jesus a prophet. Completely ignoring the fact that a prophet cannot lie. If Jesus did die at 120 years old somewhere far away then he lied. Which would mean he wasn't a prophet. Which would mean the Koran lies.

I'm always interested in the hoops people of faith are willing to jump through in order to prove their points while those hoops completely negate the value of the points one hopes to make.

1. profile image50

Jesus did not tell a lie, it is Paul who told that Jesus died on the Cross. Please
              Regards

Did you forget about Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? Or, are we to assume they were all aliases for Paul.

1. profile image50

Please search in the Catholic Encyclopedia , one will get to know that the gospels were anonymous writings and were named after the disciples just for credibility:
                  http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06655b.htm

Nevertheless, the Gospels were never written, dicated or approved by Jesus.
                  Please
                  Regards

The Catholic Encyclopedia? Well, if I were Catholic that might mean something. Biblical scholars are not all Catholic nor is there a consensus of them who agree with your statements. I understand why you would believe such. It supports your belief. That's OK. I simply don't agree with any of that.

As to Jesus not dictating anything. That is the beauty of Jesus and his teachings. Not like a religion such as Islam. No one is allowed independent thought. Only Mohammed's words dictate all action. No chance to evolve and grow. Stagnation is not in line with any aspect of the known universe and would therefor
                    not be in line with any aspect of God.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I bought a used pickup truck from Jesus about five years ago. We connected via Craigslist. Nice fella, totally legit transaction. He was wearing sandals, a Devo hat and a t-shirt that said "ASK ME ABOUT MY DAD."

7. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13563294.jpg

8. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 6 years ago

Jesus and his brother Jose are the best lawn and landscaping guys around!

1. profile image0

They will cut your grass to just how you like it?

big_smile

9. AshtonFirefly profile image69
      AshtonFireflyposted 6 years ago

Of course I have. He's the illogically Caucasian blue eyed man in the paintings on my pastor's house wall. If he didn't look like that, why would such paintings have survived til now?

1. profile image0

wink. cool

10. sparkster profile image85
      sparksterposted 6 years ago

Yes, I believe so. I had experienced seven years of paranormal activity and someone carried out intercessory prayer on my behalf. I received a healing but then got ill again shortly afterwards. I went home to meditate/pray myself and something bizarre happened - a golden cross kept appearing in my mind's eye. At first I thought it was my imagination and kept trying to clear my mind and start over again but every time I did it became more pronounced like it was forcing itself on me. In the end, I just relaxed and let it happen. Then everything came into view - the typical golden cross with a man stood up against it with arms outstretched and I thought to myself "is that.... is that.... JESUS!!!???" It became pretty clear to me that it was. I received a healing and a cleansing from him and was miraculously cured and no he doesn't look anything like in the typical images.

11. profile image49
      Dugitron9001posted 6 years ago

Has anyone actually ever seen an extraterrestrial?

1. profile image0

I think so.  He's tall and has whitish hair.

1. profile image0

(And he currently lives in a white house).

12. Caleb Rabun profile image60
      Caleb Rabunposted 3 years ago

This is my personal testimony. When I was younger my parents had bought me a children's hymnal. Well I remember laying in my bed one night and I was scrolling through the hymnal and looking at different songs. I came across a particular one and I started singing it to myself.

"Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
      Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
      Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
      Oh Lord, kumbaya"

It was at this moment I had an experience I'll never forget. I saw Jesus that night in my room. Call me crazy but I know what I saw. I jumped out of bed and rushed to tell my parents what had happened.

It wasn't till I got older that I learned that "Kumbaya my Lord" translated to "Come by here" And that's when it all started making sense. The lord had heard me calling and made his presence known.

It's not very often I tell of my personal testimony out of fear of what others will think. Awhile back I was chatting with some friends. And they were talking about how no one has actually seen God or Jesus and that's when I spoke up and told them of my personal experience and they laughed at me and basically mocked me like I was crazy. Luckily another friend pulled me to the side and was like just ignore them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)