Major Gender Issues

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (32 posts)
  1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image59
    fishskinfreak2008posted 14 years ago

Now it's time for the Caster Semenya issue to dominate. So someone has the potential TO BE BORN BOTH MALE AND FEMALE??????WTF?????

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is possible and they are called hemaphrodites it is not common but yes it can and has happened do your research it is there. It is sad for many who are born with both parts and sometimes the parents make the wrong choices for them. sad

1. treasuresyw profile image60
        treasuresywposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The only reason why it seems to be a shame is because people tend to make us feel that we have to be a certain way to be excepted. I believe that there are no accidents and if we all just embrace each other it wouldn't be so terrible. It also makes me think of bible research and how it is said that before God made Eve, Adam had both sexes. This is why scientifically things can not really be figured out. What you think?

2. Raven King profile image60
        Raven Kingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it's sad because this individual should have a right to medical privacy.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, it's awful that she learned about it through others.

Me too!!! Why do they always have to exploit? sad

2. Gemsong profile image63
      Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Intolerance, prejudice, bigotry are all bad things and bring out the worst in people. If you don't like it, that's fine. You have that right. You are going to find people that disagree with you no matter where you go.

With that fact in mind, why start threads about it? You know everyone is NOT going to agree with you. What do you get out of it? The need for attention? Joy at upsetting people?

If so, then it pity you in your narrow world.

3. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've not known about this?

4. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why are you always posting this kind of threads ??? Do you have sex problems, or what ?? Didn't you know hermaphrodities exist ??? yikes  And why don't you leave this girl alone !!!?? Can't you feel for her ??.yikes sad  DISGUSTING !!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

You had to start another thread about this? Why not just continue with the other one? Why are you so freaked out about this?

He is young and I believe in his Country it is frowned upon. Thank God for Canada and America we do not hide behind curtains. smile

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image59
        fishskinfreak2008posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Julianna

Just to clear up, I am American although I was born in Shanghai and spent a good part of my life in Hong Kong. It's just that I PERSONALLY DISAGREE WITH GAYS, LESBIANS, TRANSSEXUALS AND BI-SEXUALS. So, yes, it is cultural, but it's more PERSONAL

1. Colebabie profile image59
          Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well good luck with that attitude.
          Its pretty sad to disagree with who a person is. Its like me saying I disagree with people from Shanghai, you didn't choose to be born there, nor do you hate the fact (I'm assuming) that you were, but it is a part of who you are.
          I think that maybe you should learn about the GLBT community before you make your decisions regarding your "agreement".

2. AEvans profile image72

You have to seek understanding before you disagree with someone's sexual orientation I believe that many are fearful of the GLBT lifestyle but they are just like us, they eat the same way, put there pants on the same way and work. Many do not push there lifestyles on anyone. Why do you diagree with there lifestyle when you do not live it? Many do not disagree with our lifestyle and it does not become a major topic of discussion. I have a sister who is Lesbian and I have many co-workers who are gay, lesbian, transsexual and bisexual it is there choice not mine and I do not judge them for what they do in there bedrooms. They are quite happy so again what is your fear about there preference? smile

3. sunforged profile image71
          sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i find that hard to stomach, i recall from your profile that you had/have hydrocephalus, you were born with it, you were in no control of this.

You see I have a good friend I grew up with who also had hydrocephalus, hes tall! like 6'8 with massive feet and, well a big everything. As you know since he has hydrocephalus he also has a really big head...since he is real big already he has a massive head..i mean it has its own gravity. I got him drunk once in high school, he tripped over a table and fell into a wall, damn head went clear through...and guess what, he just laughed.

Well anyways, a show was out on MTV around that time, it was called "The Head" ...an alien named Roy lived in some dudes head.

So what did we call our tall, big headed friend..well, we call him the head.

Apparently, you were able to get some cure? So maybe you dont have a massive cranium, maybe you do...we can all see that big ass head coming, what if we "personally disagreed with it".. I mean it sucks sharing an elevator with a bighead, you guys use more than your fair share of fabric in your hats..being behind you in a movie theater is just terrible, my equilibrium is thrown off when i stand to close by the gravitational pull of their heads

am I sounding ridiculous yet? ...because thats how your post sounds to me

Anyways keeping in the spirit of the original post..In the sake of fairness, although difficult she (as that seems to be her choice and upbringing) didnt fairly win those races she has 3 times the testosterone as her competitors - equivalent to natural steroids in my eyes..

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Well...being a "hermaphrodite" as you put it on the earlier post is not exactly a choice, if you are born that way you are born that way... It is completely different than being gay or bisexual (which I don't believe is a choice either)

Did I say that? I must have been tired because a hermaphrodite is not by choice and definitely is different then being gay or lesbian and I don't believe it is a choice either. My sister is lesbian and I know she was born that way the circles around my eyes say " You young lady were up to late last night", LOLOLO big_smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I meant to reply to him, not you smile

5. kerryg profile image83
          kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Caster Semeyna is not a gay, lesbian, transsexual, or bisexual person. She is intersex, which means that she literally was born with both sets of sexual organs. There is nothing to disagree with about that. It is a biological fact of nature that this sometimes happens (0.1-1.0% of live births, depending on the degree of intersexuality) and frankly, I'm amazed you weren't aware of that. Haven't you ever heard the term hermaphrodite before?

6. relache profile image71
          relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You seem to not be able to differentiate between a biological gender and sexual-orientation.  What you are railing on about has nothing to do with Caster Semenya, as she identifies as a heterosexual female.  You might want to get educated as to the differences between the two.

2. treasuresyw profile image60
      treasuresywposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree that nothing should freak us out anymore. Life is what it is no matter how strange it seems to us as individuals.

I second that one and nothing surprises me because of the field I am in. If something is odd to others they should research the information and not fear it. smile

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Strange indeed.

4. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Orientation AE, not "preference"

oops! I am Julianna I corrected. smile

Sorry mixing forums, I'm so tired smile

I am too!! I had better get to bed the sun comes early. lolololo big_smile I was arguing on Shaul's forum and became exhausted. smile

Haha. Have a good night smile

You too!!! smile

5. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I have a friend (female) who has twice the amount. I have a high amount as well (almost twice). She can take medication to lower the level of testosterone.

6. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

Intolerance is unattractive.

7. Becca's Blog profile image61
    Becca's Blogposted 14 years ago

There are children who are born with traits of both sexes and years ago the just told the parents to pick one. I believe now days they do extensive testing to figure out if the child who is born with traits of both sexes actually has one that is genetically more present. Still this does not apply to most transgendered or gender queer folks because they were born biologically either male or female. Most transgendered people I have encountered actually "look" like the sex they want to be more than the sex they are. I never understood how a female could naturally appear more masculine looking than female yet there be no biological evidence that something was actually organically wrong with them.  Some transgendered people I suppose take on so many traits of the opposite sex in the way they walk and talk it would be hard to tell what traits are "natural" and what traits they have deliberately adopted as adults.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)