Nacho Time

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (41 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

grabbing me some nachos...just chips with cheese, boring I know. Sometimes I'll have roma tomatoes or ham melted into the cheese too. yum

So...what do you like to add to your nachos to give them that YUMMMMMMMMMM factor?

I'm also a HUGE fan of carnisada nachos AND my fav carnisada fries. Oh yum yum yum

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Barbacoa!

2. nikki1 profile image59
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love nachos.. I'll bring the mild salsa..

3. nikki1 profile image59
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me.
      <no links allowed>
      Frienz4lif
      nikki1

2. profile image0

What is that? a type of  meat? or a certain type ot salsa?

1. profile image0

Its spanish for BBQ, basically a slow cooked meat! Scraping of the calves face,Goat,lining of skull! Its a Tex-Mex thing!

2. charanjeet kaur profile image61
      charanjeet kaurposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn you reminded of nachos so late in the night. How i miss the oven we used to have in Europe. My way of nachos was with topping them with fresh made salsa(Olive oil, garlic, green chillies, tomato chunks, salt, pepper) and loads of cheddar to top it. Bake it with jalapenos on top. I guess like it spicy and bake it for 10 to 12 minutes. This surely is soul food..

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oooo charanjeet this sounds totally divine! sounds like my kind of nachos. yummm definitely

3. profile image0

Hmm...never had nachos BBQed before. send me some lmao

1. profile image0

Its an acquired taste

1. profile image0

True but that goes for everything people eat...have to try it to see if you like it. Went for me when I tried sushi and lamb but I do enjoy both big_smile

1. profile image0

I guess thats right, I have never liked sushi. But I will eat the hair off a fat bears ass if I'm hungry enough!

4. profile image0

EWWWW A Texan!! that is definitely not a mental i want when I'm eating lol

1. profile image0

All apologies!

1. profile image0

lol it's all good. I'll just force the image out hehehe

5. KL Burchfield profile image59
    KL Burchfieldposted 14 years ago

Whats better than that is HOT WINGSS. yummmmm.

1. profile image0

Yum hot wings with ranch dressing!

6. KL Burchfield profile image59

The buffalo kind!

1. profile image0

Honey buffalo?

7. KL Burchfield profile image59

Ehh, just original.
    I like them super hott.

8. profile image0

Nice KL You like it when your mouth burns for days and days lol

9. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I wrote a hub with my version of my favorite baked nachos. big_smile Basically cheddar cheese, sour cream, ground beef (or ground turkey), salsa, banana peppers, cilantro, chopped tomatoes, etc. You've got to bake them for the flavors to meld together. Yum! Now I want some for dinner tonight! big_smile

10. profile image0

ooo yum that does sound good I'll have to copy that down and make some for dinner one night. And there ya go you know what to have for dinner tonight...my job is done HAHA

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahaha baked nachos do sound REALLY good for dinner right now.  I think I have everything but avocadoes for guacamole and ground beef. I do have some Morning Star tofu 'scrambles' or whatever they're called....same texture as ground beef...(not the same taste....)

11. KL Burchfield profile image59

mouth burning is quite sensational :]

12. profile image0

I would run to the store. Nothing can beat yummy ground beef

13. KL Burchfield profile image59

Jalepeno poppers cann.

14. shamelabboush profile image50
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

I usually add chilli spices and have it at the movies only to keep the passion flaming smile

15. profile image0

oooo another yummy treat....Jalepeno popers...haven't had those in a while

16. KL Burchfield profile image59

They are like sex in your mouthh.

1. shamelabboush profile image50
      shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I bet they are wink

17. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I have never had jalapeno poppers!!! I need to try them sometime. What is a good dip to use for them? (I love dips!)

18. profile image0

hmm....a dip for the poppers...maybe the sauce you use for bread sticks? I don't know I never used dips

19. KL Burchfield profile image59

Maybe cheese would be good? or ranchh.

20. profile image0

ooooo nacho cheese. my fav is from Costco or as I like to call it Price Club since that is what it had been named for years lol

1. profile image0

Its "Nacho cheese" its mine!

1. profile image0

LMAO

21. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I like making my own baked nacho chips from tortillas. I bake them for about 7 minutes. Then I add cheese, salsa, green onions and put it back in the over for another 8 minutes, then I add a dollop of sour cream on top and guacamole if I've got it.

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have always wanted to try making my own tortilla chips. Do you brush oil on them or anything?

You've gotta try the baked nachos with black olives and banana peppers. big_smile They are SOOOO good. I am personally not a pepper fan, but banana peppers on baked nachos are to die for, in my opinion! lol

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just tear them up and bake them, I don't add anything at all to them. You could add salt and some spices if you wish and brush with oil but I like them plain.

2. profile image0

oh UW that sounds like fun. Throw some homemade ones my way! big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)