Do you have an example of a prayer God answered for you?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (109 posts)
  1. Precious Pearl profile image76
    Precious Pearlposted 14 years ago

Ok, here it goes.  I have seen God move in miraculous ways through the power of prayer but I want to read other peoples testimonies of His Power. Believers, this is your opportunity to testify about what He has done for you.  This is not for the purpose of conversion but for Glorifying His Name.  I am sure that there will be some comments from those who don't believe ... let's not get into a debate but share what He has done for us.

I look foward to reading your testimonies.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I too was Touched By His Noodly Appendage, and miraculously learned how to make the Perfect Spaghetti Bolognese.

Thank you for starting this thread. The more we can spread the Name of FSM to the filthy heathen unbelievers the better.

Glory be to the ONE TRUE GOD !

RAmen.

2. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a lot but will give one. I had some financial difficulty a few months ago. Wasn't looking good and I was very upset. I prayed about it and contacted a friend to ask for a small loan and long story short he sent me an email to say he had deposited £1000 in my account. He said £500 was for me personally and the other £500 I could pay back whenever.

I Logged onto my account on line immediately and lo and behold it was there - my mouth was open wide. It was like a dream. (remember Ps 126)

This happened in May - I was so happy, I wrote a poem to thank him, but most of all Thank God. The poem is below:  smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Poem---A-True-Friend

Precious Pearlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing.  I am sorry that I didn't respond earlier ... I was sifting through the dialogue that didn't answer my question.  Thanks to you that are staying on topic.  If I don't get to you, i's not intentional just might miss you amongst the other "stuff."  No offense intended.

Thank u 2 for stuffing religion in.

Ahm likin it.

Do more pleeeeze. We di=un b needin mor ligon. Noit so we dun dump it on othas, but good no?

Jeebus b good fer killin an stuf, praaze de lowd,

3. momo6kids1968 profile image61
      momo6kids1968posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have 6 reasons to thank god,my 2nd girl was a 30wk placenta abruption,by the grace of god she survived ,and no dr has heard of a woman having 4 natural births after 2 csecs,god made sure all would go well,and there's my son michael for whom i'm sure god watches after constantly,he's 14,so you all will understand!At 7 wks he barely survived rsv a deadly virus for babies,jumping across a roof from a fire escape at 8, and many countless brushes with his fate,michael is truly gods gift ,and now god has blessed me with my adam noah,yes from the bible,you see each pregnancy had medical issues but i survived it all,sorry to ramble,but god has given me so much

You have much to give God Praise for ... I am rejoicing with you at these miracles.  Jeremiah 29:11 says it best, "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, not to cause you harm but to give you a hope and a future."

4. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Give me courage and strength to do the right thing" It works smile

5. mobilephone guide profile image60
      mobilephone guideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

not for me though. i don't know. i've been clinically dead once. my family wasn't a very religious bunch but they prayed a lot for me when i was half dead. i don't know if its a miracle but i also don't think i deserve to live more than other people.

1. profile image50
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Reading your previous Canibal post just be glad the buggers didnt eat ya when you were clinically dead smile

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Sure! I prayed for Him to touch me with His Noodly Appendage, and he did! That was a real miracle, and led to immediate enlightenment! smile

3. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

No. :[

So, I started praying to Satan and he has!

But it has placed me in quite a pickle if you can imagine...

Interesting.  If you really did pray to him, you would probably get an answer.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is SO NOT FAIR. You can't assume that anyone's prayer was anything less than sincere. That comment is insulting. Although you probably didn't intend it, put yourself in the other person's shoes.

I've had some great experiences that I can't explain. To talk about them seems inappropriate. They are personal.

4. Benjimester profile image87
    Benjimesterposted 14 years ago

Doesn't seem like that was the response you were looking for smile  People aren't generally supportive of religious or political topics springing up in the hangout forum, just to let you know.  But just so you don't go away empty handed...
    I prayed asking God to make me a better, more compassionate man.  Though it's been a difficult road, I've more and more learned to give up luxuries and comforts in search of something better.

Oh, I noticed ... I figured I'd get some of that kind of stuff especially from Mark.  He never disappoints me.  I'll ignore most of the off the wall responses and read the real ones.  Thanks for sharing.  He does indeed touch the heart of a man.

Just don't get it do you?

There is a special forum for irrational beliefs. That is where rubbish like this belongs.

Please keep it there and do not go cluttering up the other forums with multiple threads on how many people are prepared to pretend that when something good happens there was a magical super being involved. wink

And my response was a "real" one. Just not what you were looking for.

Ok ... I believe you.

5. Milla Mahno profile image61
    Milla Mahnoposted 14 years ago

Shouldn't this be in Religion forum?

OOOPS!  I wasn't really paying attention to where I was putting it but you are probably right.  Sorry.

6. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I've always had my prayers answered. Sometimes it's exactly what I want. Sometimes it isn't, but it's what I need. Sometimes it isn't what I want at all, but for the best. And sometimes it blows my expectations out of the water.

Exactly ...thank you.

7. lenny brioxy profile image65
    lenny brioxyposted 14 years ago

Looks like you've awakened the spirit of many angry souls. Fear them not.

What was it that I read recently about how the force of negative energy would get his temporary dominion and maybe even his own church - church being a state of mind and not a physical place - by first destroying believers and disbelievers alike. That statement implies Christians, Atheists who refuse to believe preferring to place themselves above such nonsense, and others who are not of the church or spirit of Satan.

I recently had a prayer answered through the spirit of Saint Antony who is of the spirit of purity. I found my wallet.

So what you may ask and I am sure that the flamers are preparing their nonsense to belittle me with their superior science and logic but I am strong.

So I went looking all over the net for info on who St Anthony was and I came up with two versions. St Anthony of Padua which actually was a Spaniard who was born Fernando Martins but adopted the name Anthony after joining the Franciscan monks.

His miracles were kind of wimpy IMO but then as I searched deeper I found another version of St Antony which goes way back to the esoteric schools of Egypt. The same ones where JC is said to have studied and meditated. This St Antony story is much more ecclesiastical and allows for a much broader scope as to how the spirit works.

The miracles of the Egyptian St Anthony talk of a complete war of demons and might even include sightings with aliens - depending on how one interprets the claims that Antony was confronted with a large silver dish who's occupant was out to destroy him for holding on to divine laws too strongly. Or as the story went for living the hermetic life of a white sorcerer.

So there you go. I believe God works through spirits. The devil works through spirits. Atheists and agnostics generally don't work at all. They simply stand on the fence waiting for someone to make a statement so they can flame.

God Bless

See? This is why this sort of thing needs to stay in the irrational beliefs forum.

All you will get is a bunch of religionists telling us why they are better than people who do not believe in invisible super beings and pretending they are not making a verbal attack when they are. wink

1. lenny brioxy profile image65
        lenny brioxyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah Knowles...when I began hubbing you were one of the first people I put on my faves list. And then I read a few of your hubs and your were off my list just as fast.

Your logic is a delusional fear of really looking at facts.

The first flame is always the best. Keep 'em coming.

LOL

So, brioxy - which hubs were it that persuaded you my writing was not worth reading?

I couldn't tell you. It was a while back and I tend to forget easily. It is a god given gift. Like the fish of pisces who go after the same bait time and time again. No recall...

BTW - I agree with you on the point that this thread should be relocated.

Must be difficult being a troll and not being able to remember from one lie to the next. Oh well, I am sure god will punish you in the end. lol

1. profile image50

How can he ? Sure he doesn't exist or did you forget ?

Allow me to introduce you to a new concept:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2778/sarcasm3ix4.gif

Surprised to see you here - I thought you had flounced off in another huff.................

1. profile image50

You a thing against huffing now as well, trust me the concept of sarcasm is not a new concept to me. Something new would be not reading the same BS being repeated day after day by yerself !

2. lenny brioxy profile image65

Who's trolling Knowles...

Obviously you don't like this thread so why do you come here if it isn't to troll and flame.

I said it before, you think you are a logical thinker but you are delusional.

Troll

Go away.

Wikipedia

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

The girl asked about miracles. If you don't have one to talk about then you are trolling the topic.

Your going away would be a minor miracle. And that might make me an illusionist making a delusionist go away.

As far as hell is concerned, as long as you stay out of my hood then I am one step further from hell.

2. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just curious.  Do you like Scientology?

"Scientology teaches that people are immortal spiritual beings who have forgotten their true nature" wikipedia

Well I agree and believe with this part " people are immortal spiritual beings who have forgotten their true nature".

As for liking Scientology I have to answer NO.

Scientology is a school of thought based on the idea of immortality. Ron Hubbard was an author of authority and his teachings convinced lots of people of the idea of the that the form of pure spiritual being is eternal.

I wouldn't want to get trapped in his cultural groups of religionists especially after watching films that depict the radical extremism that some of the leaders and followers subscribe to.

I do like the pure idea behind the movement but not the radical approach.

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so, God takes time out of his busy schedule to help people find missing wallets, when meanwhile, Every 2.43 seconds someone dies of starvation.

good thing imperfect, puny humans are attempting to address these issues.

i have to ask why would God help someone find their wallet, or help someone in a sporting competition but not answer the prayers of a hungry, frightened child who regularly attended mass, by the way?

i never prayed for much, really. i asked God over and over again to make my daddy stop drinking and get a job so we would have food in the house.

nope, no answer.

or i asked God to turn the lights back on. and the water so we wouldn't have to walk three blocks to the gas station every morning to use the facilities.

didn't happen, and that same week, we got kicked out into the street.

even something as simple as shoes on my feet, so i wouldn't have to go to school wearing cheap rubber zories with my little toes showing, where other little girls wore cute shoes and socks with lace on them, which made them point at my feet and laugh.

I guess God was out starting stalled cars or finding misisng car keys that day...

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats the saddest thing I ever read

1. profile image0

good thing i didn't put my whole life story here, although i have started writing my memoirs...

and there are people with harsher stories. i'm just trying to prove a point.

1. profile image0
            rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i was going to say i have examples of prayers not answered. you beat me to it.

2. profile image0

I once went to see a counselor about some issues dealing with PTSD, before the end of the session she was crying and I was consoling her! We all got stories sometimes you just got to let em out!

I feel for your situation though I think you miss the point. This planet is hell.

We are the fallen angels.

I have every reason to disbelieve myself. I have spent no less that 7 years of my life pursuing a career in nursing and I have achieved superior test scores but have watched immigrants get jobs in a country where my ancestors built and I have been overlooked for any of the resources - aka - life sustaining financial support traded for knowledge and labor.

I have lost a true love to the Mormon faith. I have lost uncounted other things also.

I live on pennies to the dollar if I consider how much a nursing professional earns.

I have however been able to put away the alcohol and I have been fortunate to have at least one supporter that has seen me through the hardships.

I have also found my wallet. Unfortunately the dang thing had no cash in it.

I believe...

I also believe that this planet is Tartarus or hell as some call it.

Do you think hell is supposed to be a nice place.

Hell is decorated with the beauty of nature and even that we destroy.

Count your blessing because like the myth of Pandora tells us, the only thing that was left when the cup was poured of the evils of man was hope.

And religion, almost all religions are pathetic in the sense that all they offer is hope.

Pretty sad when one can turn to dope, or any other mind altering substance.

But hope is divine.

It also works miracle.

So give your father hope and he will stand a better chance of finding peace and maybe even sobriety and hopefully the rest of the evils of man will slowly vanish from your life.

8. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Tis all an act my friend surely you of all people see that, and you go looking for the BS. If I didn't like meat I wouldn't waste my day in the Butchers but for a man who is opposed to believing in God you practically live in the Religious Forums.

You intrique me by your interest in God, maybe you just can't forgive him for letting you down at some point in your life ?

Cue the childish LOL or silly smilie laughs that my kids use when they text !

No - nothing funny there. I am used to that sort of condescending remark from people who have an irrational belief in a deity. And I do seem to intrigue them because they are shocked to discover that I actually do not believe in one and I actively dislike thier ridiculous beliefs and think we, as a species, would be better off if we let go of our stone age thinking.

This is why I spend some of my time attempting to educate them as to how nasty they are actually being while pretending to be loving.

This condescending way of talking to people invariably ends in conflict. I suppose I could go the "god told me to tell you to be nice to each other instead of pretending to love each other while stabbing each other in the back at every opportunity," route - but that would then imply I believe the same rubbish you do and you will keep on reading exactly what you want to in your book.

I am having trouble getting them to understand this though.

Because they already have all the answers.

Oh well, I will keep trying.

He has all kinds of miracles to talk about but he's afraid of coming out.

I wasn't aware that he liked to troll all religious threads.

Come Mark we Love you...tell us about how you found your wallet.

Incantation...crystal ball...RFID chip...maybe you just got lucky.

Chance is a logical thing.

Really come on...surely you must have been touched.

9. profile image50

Nice reply I must say, good luck trying !

10. lenny brioxy profile image65

The part about all religious people being nasty is a generalization.

It's like saying that all Americans are terrible people.

The church is corrupt like the government is corrupt but it isn't the sheep that are nasty. At least not all of them.

Most religious people, like most Americans, Canadians, add any nationality, are followers who prefer not to think.

It's the Orwellian syndrome.

You (Mr Knowles) trying to convince good god fearing people that they are sheat is like you trying to convince good Americans that they are sheat.

You have your logic all messed up man.

You need to check yourself into one of those esoteric schools of magic 'cause eventually your fellow man will see you for the spin you weave.

Come on tell us about some magic in your life.

I never said "all" religious people are nasty. You really should try reading what I write - you might actually discover it makes sense. wink

As for magic - every day is magical. I love finding new things and laughing at the world's silliness. Check out this fruit that some one in China has trained to look like the Buddha:

http://markpknowles.com/training-fruit- … he-buddha/

If you came across that while out for a walk, you could be forgiven for jumping to the conclusion that there was a god in charge. lol

11. lenny brioxy profile image65

You are confusing me Mr. Knowles.

First you say "there is a forum for irrational beliefs".

This already begins the trolling that you insult me of doing a few posts later. Perfect example that your comments are exactly that is that I am arguing with you about "beliefs" at this point instead of addressing the issue at hand.

Come on tell us about some miraculous magic....

Then you claim there is a special place for rubbish like this. It's rubbish to you but you keep returning to troll some more.

A logical person would more likely walk away so you are showing your own irrational behavior.

Is it because deep inside you have a secret to tell but just are so brainwashed in your own set of beliefs that you can't open up to the truth.

Then when someone like myself comes on to actually address the issue you immediately come to straighten out the people to think the right way.

As if you were a super forum cop who'se supremacy most be always on guard.

At this point a logical person would think that if you are that bent on a personal quest to convince people that "miracles are simply fools gold for irrational, illogical, religionists then you would start a new thread to get your point accross instead of trolling the thread of someone else.

It's about at this point that you start attacking others as being trolls. And belittle people yourself with statements like " god will punish you in the end ".

And finally you continue to use the thread in a trolling manner trying to point me to all types of places to prove your point while telling others  - what's the point of trying to help them when they seem to have a superiority issue and an attitude that they know it all.

Then you tell me to learn to read in order to understand you better.

I think that is a defensive move on your part to cover your asp in view of my statement which most likely is more logical than any of your "self proclaim rational behaviour".

My statement: " You (Mr Knowles) trying to convince good god fearing people that they are sheat is like you trying to convince good Americans that they are sheat. "

As far as arguing with you about this on this particular thread goes then this is my last word.

If you want an argument about what is logic and what is poiesis then I invite you to start a new thread.

You decide if it will be filed under "religion", politics, or fantasy.

Well, clearly confusing you is no great achievement and you are willfully ignoring the fact that the person I was speaking to and myself have a history and she also had a dig back at me. The simple fact is that dumping these religious type posts all over the forums annoys a lot of people. And that is why there is a forum for irrational beliefs. This one was actually posted twice. Which is basically spamming and happens all the time with religion.
      I already did - did you check out the fruit? But - I walked on water once if that is the kind of magic you are looking for.

Really. Did jesus walk away from teaching the people where they were going wrong? lol

Address the issue? lol You are not addressing the issue at all. You are throwing your assumptions out there. The issue is yet another religious posting in the non religion forum.

Well, if the shoe fits wear it. What is your usual username here? Not sure how telling people the truth is belittling them. Many people tell me god will punish me - why should I not return the favor. Clearly I do not believe it and and sarcasm is one of my favorite tools.

And your opening gambit was written specifically to start a fight:

"Looks like you've awakened the spirit of many angry souls.....Atheists who refuse to believe preferring to place themselves above such nonsense....Atheists and agnostics generally don't work at all."

Which makes me confused - you say you were not trying to start a fight yet the proof is otherwise. Odd.....

Good, god fearing? smile

Well - I am only doing what jesus would have done if he could have come back. Is that wrong?

Fair enough.

Nature never lies...

I have no argument with you.

Have a good day...

By the way you asked about a real name...if you meant if I have a second hub account the answer is yes.

See lbtrader.

Why?

I don't really know but I can't wait for you to give me a list of logical reasons - according to your understanding of rational behavior.

I wish I had about 20 accounts with each one based on a single theme.

If it was my real name that you are phishing for then I am really looking into "internet security" lately and at this point I make it a point not to publicize private info unless I really have to.

By the way, since we are off topic...how is your forex logic working for you lately?

I think it was your comments on that subject that had me unsubscribe to your faves...

At times a fish and at other times an elephant. Selective memory perhaps.

No - I did not ask about a real name. You really should consider reading what I write and perhaps you would not have such a low opinion of me.

My forex logic is working just fine thanks. I made good money over the last couple of years trading currencies. I still wouldn't touch day trading with a brokerage with a barge pole though wink

12. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Mark, if we found your insistence that all religion is irrational so intriguing, you wouldn't need to troll the religion forum looking for every opportunity to pick a fight and begging for attention. We would seek you out. Maybe some do. I don't know. I don't care. I've got better things to do. While I appreciate skeptical, agnostic, and even atheist perspectives being a former non-believer myself who believes skepticism is healthy, I do not appreciate the way you behave. If you're angry, bitter, you resort to ad hominem attacks at the drop of a hat, and you frequently behave openly in a contemptible manner (ie, branding all beliefs you don't share "irrational"), don't act so surprised when you reap exactly what you sow.

On to more pleasant and actually relevant matters:

One of my favorite personal miracle stories began at a dance competition when I prayed before my first round that, whether I won or didn't, it would all be for the best, and that the stage wouldn't be too slick. The answer was a clear "no," to the latter, as I slipped in my third round, landed awkwardly on my hand, and heard and felt a very painful pop in my shoulder. Having never actually been injured onstage before, I didn't know how to handle it. The thought, rather foreign to me at the time, occurred to me that the worst had already happened and I had nothing left to lose by getting back up and performing the rest of my number with all stops out. The answer to the former was a definite yes. I didn't win, but it was the only competition I'd attended in which one of my opponents accepted my trophy on my behalf (as I spent the awards ceremony icing my shoulder), we all agreed the winning dancer was spectacular, and the audience gave not just one, but two standing ovations.

Topping that off, my shoulder was fully functional again in only two weeks rather than the expected six.

God turning a situation around is a wonderful example.  Thank you for sharing.

13. love my yorkies profile image61
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

well, now that maybe we're back on your orginal subject, God has answered many prayers for me.  Most recently, he healed my husband of a heart condition for there was no medical explination for what happened.

Jehovah Rophe - He is a healer.  By His stripes we are healed.  I am so blessed to read these testimonies of healing and restoration.

But - let us stuff it out there like the Lord wants.......

No really - this is impohtant.\

Caius we dun be rite

Jeebus be lubbin us

1. love my yorkies profile image61
          love my yorkiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if you don't believe in God, you have that right, and I have the right to my belief's.  I don't force my belief's on anyone and I don't make fun of someone else's beliefs.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
          Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark, while I do think you make some good points, and you are entitled to your opinions, examples (altered spellings) such as the above really make me believe you are a bigotted racist. I for one, do not appreciate it in the least. It isn't acceptable here. It shouldn't be acceptable anywhere.

LOL

Is "christian" a race?

I did not know that - thanks for enlightening me. Oh - you are assuming that because the avatar this person is using has a black woman in it - this is about skin colour?

Now who is the bigot?

1. earnestshub profile image81
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Projection, it's the religious way......

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

he be de heeelah.

jeebus lub u 2

14. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

I pray for my 200th Fan, will my prayer be answered ?

1. profile image0

Yep, just was!

1. profile image0

omg haha!!! the Lord works in mysterious ways. or has whacked-out priorities wink

2. Milla Mahno profile image61
      Milla Mahnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Answered already lol

1. profile image49
        CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Loves ya x

15. Benjimester profile image87
    Benjimesterposted 14 years ago

Reading this thread is like watching old school Jerry Springer.

16. atomswifey profile image56
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

My son at just a few days old was at the point of death. His blood platelettes were extremely low. What I found out later was they were so low even a touch was risky as he could have started bleeding to death!

I was hysterical throughout the entire ordeal which actually started out with a common illness in babies (jaundice) and turned into this nightmare!

My church had been praying and at the time I was not regularly attending and my lifestyle was lets say, not very Christian-like, not very Godly. But I knew how to pray and I was doing a whole lot of it.

Crying non-stop as I watched the flight crew transport my baby to another hospital all I could do was pray. The doctor that flew in with the crew was also praying. She was a wonderful support for me through this horrible ordeal. She said "All we can do, is pray".

I was sitting in the backseat of my friends car, sobbing. I mean I had really, really lost it. I couldn't stop. I tried to breathe and began to hyperventilate. My friends, (husband and wife) asked if I wanted them to pull over, and I shook my head insistantly, NO.

Trying to get to the hospital as fast as he could my friends husband raced on. My friend kept trying to console me but I was a wreak. After a while as I prayed and prayed and sobbed and sobbed, I heard a voice. It is so hard to explain, but it was coming from, well, everywhere. I could not believe it as my friends were quiet, no radio on. I could vaguely here the sounds of the car hitting bumps along the freeway, the whining sound of the tires on the pavement, and this voice.

It said to me very very clearly, and I do not care in the slightest whether anyone believes me or not but it said to me, "Your faith will heal your son." Three times it repeated, and I knew beyond any doubt, it was God.

All of a sudden silence...I had stopped crying. I was at total and complete peace. I cry now as I write this and yet there in the car while facing the possibility of my baby dying, I was quiet and still.

My friend's husband asked his wife, "Is she alright?" My friend looked back at me and asked "Are you ok?" I nodded and gave her a small smile. Once we got to the hospital and we were riding up in the elevator, my friend told me she was glad I was feeling better but asked what happened. I just said, God happened, God happened.

My son is now 16 years old and plays football for his high school. He is strong and healthy and is a strong teen of faith! smile

1. mohitmisra profile image59

Thats a sweet story , god does exist but then not only in the shape of Jesus. smile

17. atomswifey profile image56

You know, I was trying to read this thread and I even posted my own story on here, but I was really kind of angry over the comments "some" on here were making.

Look, the forum rules are you should stick to the topic of discussion! I hardly see where rudeness and insults are in any way examples of how God answered your prayers!!

Stick to the topic!

1. profile image50

No !

18. atomswifey profile image56

Thank you mohitmisra, I agree God is ALL. He just is.

You are welcome atomswifey, I appreciate truth, smile

A nice story on faith.
        Krishna is serving his guest food when suddenly he says I must leave.
        This is considered to be very rude but the guest understands Krishna divinity and asks him what is the matter.

To this Krishna says one of my disciples has encountered a big cat and he is asking for me and so I must go and help him.

To the guest surprise Krishna returns very soon and the guest asks him what happened?

Krishna answers he didn't have enough faith, he picked up a rock. smile

19. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

There is no rule that a forum has to stick on topic, and the people that usually insist that a forum "stay on topic" are only interested in expressing their own opinions.  Really, all forums are kind of depressing at this point.  There are better uses of time I believe.

1. profile image50

Thank you oh pretty one smile

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do not get discouraged my handsome one wink.  You know I have just had the end of the political forum, and the religious one is not much better.  Glad to see you are standing your ground here smile.

1. profile image50

I only drop in here when my medication isn't working just to see that there are other nutters besides myself, I find it comforting, not as comforting as looking at you though smile

1. SweetiePie profile image82

Oh thanks dear smile.  Well I hope you are feeling better smile.  Always nice to talk to the captain!

2. atomswifey profile image56
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hardly think spitting venom at people is reasonable in any sense on the forums.
      People can go off topic somewhat, that is their choice, but I think when certain ones join in with nothing but insults over something that is not on topic that is rude, immature and does not contribute anything but hostility.

Just my opinion smile

1. profile image50

And obviously that is her opinion or do you miss that concept or is your opinion all that counts ?

1. atomswifey profile image56

I wasnt bashing her comment badcompany, Geez, get a grip!

1. profile image50

Is that Geeeeez short for Jesus, you blasphemer !!

I know who the accuser of the brethren is, not buying it, sorry smile

But wow! aren't we just so ready to rumble? Got some anger issues do we now?
              cause and effect I know

2. SweetiePie profile image82

Well to be honest I have do not venom and I am very mature.  If your comment was in reference to implying that I displayed any of these behaviors I highly disagree.  I know you do not like me saying so, but on several occasions I have found certain things that you say to be judgmental and offensive.  I do not care really as you are entitled to your opinion, but this is a forum and people can go on and off topic as much as they wish.

I wasnt talking about you!
              I stated that before you came in and made that comment. I was talking about Mark and some of the others just coming in to talk trash. No real substance or quality to what they posted, just rudeness.
              And whether or not you find what I say judgemental or offensive (which I would strongly disagree) but that is all besides the point!

You all are bent on arguing over something really dumb. Can we not just agree that people should at the very least, respect the topic of discussion and if you do not have an opinion on the subject then why bother posting?

I mean come on, are we not adults? I guess not

Bye

LOL

Talk trash?

Wot u meen lik finkin the urf is a oblate spheroid sted a been round lik wot it say in the bible. lol

I am not sure how on earth you manage to justify saying that all I do is talk trash because I laugh at your ridiculous beliefs and then with the next breath ask for respect.

http://markpknowles.com/wp-content/gallery/offensive-to-all/atheist.jpg

1. smokenchic profile image59
                  smokenchicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

r u still not smoking....lol

Yes - 15 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds.

Not that I am counting the moments or anything. wink

20. profile image50

Sorry ya ain't getting a part-time job online being my councellor. Although I think you would be pretty ok at it, whats yer rates and do you take Paypal ?

1. profile image49
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You big flirt, I knew you had a fetish for Wedding dresses !

21. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Well you sure as hell don't look like a girl in your pic so you are deff an adult in my eyes. You do an awful lot of stating though, is that a Christian thing ?

22. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Atomshubby wrote:
    "I hardly think spitting venom at people is reasonable in any sense on the forums.
    People can go off topic somewhat, that is their choice, but I think when certain ones join in with nothing but insults over something that is not on topic that is rude, immature and does not contribute anything but hostility.

Just my opinion"
    ----------------

Oh the Biblical Passion of Bull Moose! smile
    Is the Sky Blue? hmm
    Are certain twos being rude? yikes
    What was the Real Price on That Item at the Carboot Sale? hmm
    Why is MY Opinion always considered hostile? hmm
    Conform Non believers Conform!!

Just MY Opinion! lol

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven.
      (Matthew 5:11,12)

23. smokenchic profile image59
    smokenchicposted 14 years ago

I bet u could light more then my ciggy....lol. Light away.....

1. profile image50

Baby I could light up yer life smile

it's getting a little hot in here, put out the fire, or don't light the cig....lol. Ya Badco that's what they all say.....

1. profile image50

Chic trust me you wud be smoken and yer only prayer wud be for me to stop lol !

oh really! well if u r that hot, who's to say I would want u to stop..lol u just may find, u begging me to stop...lol

1. profile image50

That lady in the Wedding Dress was right, there is a God smile

well then this forum is closed due to PROOF!...lol

24. profile image50

AMEN !!!

hey badco I guess that makes us believers!

1. profile image50

Shit, she tricked us, how totally clever !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)