Hub Pages Domain?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    TiffanyDowposted 16 years ago

Am I allowed to own a domain with Hub Pages in the name? Reason I ask is, I like to host my blogs on my own domains and I'd like to create a blog about all of my Hub creations (and that of others).

Squidoo doesn't mind, but MySpace does, so what's Hub's take?

I know of a lot out there already, but I'd prefer to check first before my hard work gets pulled.
    tiff wink

2. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 16 years ago

Sure, you can.

We hope you don't register something like hubpagessucks.com wink

1. profile image0
      TiffanyDowposted 16 years agoin reply to this

On the contrary! I'm about to praise Hub Pages to the High Seas. I'm becoming a bona fide addict and it helps the more I learn. I'm waking up every day, checking my regualr sales, and then next on my list is Hubtivity and building a new Hub.

By the way, I also asked my sweet list of customers to let me build them a Hub to gain more experience and I would only charge them $75 to do it (I charge $249 for a Squidoo lens, but I'm experienced there).

I have sold 47 in what, 2 days? And the topics are GREAT - stuff like fitness, skincare, dating, lethargy, recessions, crafts, raw foods, water bottles, dogs, and more. Only 1 person needed anything remotely connected to the IM industry.

Lots of good Hubbers coming aboard smile Plus, with the ones I'm making, I know the content will be 100% original, the linking will be authorized, and the images will all look professional!
      tiff wink

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image72
        Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to the club.

3. gamergirl profile image83
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

*clicks the back button on her GoDaddy purchase*

4. gamergirl profile image83
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

Jeez.

I want people to pay me to write hubs for them.

><

1. profile image0

Well I'm accepting the names and contact information for everyone who DOES want to be listed in my upcoming eBook for that task because many of these people are willing to outsource it to you. I did that with my Squidoo eBook and some of the people listed were flooded and sending customers away.
      So if you want to do it, just let me know what info to put for you (this goes for anyone) - and things that would be good are:

1.) Name and email address (make sure it's one you don't mind people seeing)
      2.) Topics you're proficient in or feel comfortable writing about (ie: pets, beauty, relationships, IM, whatever)
      3.) Any achievements you want to tout for your own experiences on Hub Pages (ie: "I've built over 150 Hub Pages..." blah blah.
      4.) Links to a few of your best examples of Hub Pages so they can see your writing style and samples of your work.

Anyhoo...thanks for the domain info! I'll be brainstorming all night about this now.
      tiff wink

5. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

My daughter is CLEARLY undercharging people for the Hub she makes for them.

She's charging $20 if they supply the words and $50 if they don't.

You can get $75? And that's a discounted price?

And you can get people to pay you $250 for a Squidoo lens? Presumably you will ratchet your price for a Hub up to that vicinity as well?

Much as I dislike the Squidoo interface, for $250 I would probably put up with it (at least until my passive income gets up over $15,000 a month).

Tiffany, have you ever considered setting up an agency?

I'm sure many proficient Hubbers and lensmasters would gladly give you a 20% commission for doing the marketing and handing them the order - and you would suddenly have a completely scaleable business, because you wouldn't personally have to write anything yourself.

Jenny

1. profile image0

Hi Jenny!

Oh yeah, well if you look at BuildMyLens.com, we charge $249 for a single lens and $799 for a VIP 4 pack. Most order the 4 pack.

I only did $75 because I admited to them in my email that I needed practice. I actually don't plan on launching a Hub Building business long term. I'm swamped as it is. But I won't rule it out. But that's why I like to include other people's contact info in there - no way I could handle all of the business myself.

But if I was, yes - I'd charge $249 per Hub, too. I haven't considered an agency. Too much of a headache. smile But if it was all easy as pie, I might. It's very hard to find ghostwriters who don't plagairize others and who just write well, although I'm sure there are many good ones here.

6. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

I think Tiffany just became an agent, too.  Busy woman!

7. Inspirepub profile image72

I know many good writers - it's finding decent clients who are happy with good, readable content that doesn't mention them or their company in every paragraph that gives me the headaches.

Maybe we should talk wink

Jenny

1. profile image0

Well you have to teach them what they want. LOL

Yes, I said that right. I am the expert writer. When a marketer comes to me and says, "give me some sales copy on a lens," I say, "no."

Squidoo (and Hub Pages) isn't meant for that. What you do is write free, valuable content for your target audience. And subtly weave your links in a couple of times - not overdoing it. Some won't ever get it, but the majority do.

I have to explain to them first what peer-to-peer social web 2.0 marketing means, though. They've been born and raised on "hard hitting sales copy."

They don't know - so when you get a client, you tell him (or her) what works and what doesn't. They're not the experts on Hub Pages - you are!
      tiff wink

1. Inspirepub profile image72
        Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I have been a self-employed marketing and business consultant for 20 years - I am used to managing clients. But if I am going to manage and educate a client, they will be paying me $20,000, not $200.

If you have educated clients and no time to write, and haven't yet found decent ghost-writers, and you are turning away money, I can set up a process to manage those orders, match them to writers I know are good (all automated), and if you give me a big enough percentage I will also handle all the customer service queries.

Systemising business processes, especially sales and marketing processes, is one of my core competencies.

Jenny

P.S. My daughter who does Hubs for Hire (Erin) is 12, and she outsources the actual writing at the moment, while she learns how to write in business style. Her ambition is to be a copywriter. Her twin sister, Rachael, has an internet business at www.thatinternetgirl.com, where you can see video testimonials from Alan Forrest Smith, Arman Morin, Brett McFall and Sean Roach.

Internet marketing is such an opportunity for kids, it's incredible. There was nothing like it when we were that age!

1. profile image0

I hear ya on the $20k. All the processes sound good, but too much work for me to wrap my brain around right now. Your daughter's site is cute! She has a good list of video testimonials! Gotta love a kid who takes action when 99% of marketers can't (don't).
          tiff

8. profile image0
    TiffanyDowposted 16 years ago

By the way, how old is your daughter? My 15 yr old son wanted a new paintball gun that cost $300 and I said, "Well save for it!" (I'd already emptied the coffers, ya know).

Anyway, he had 3 lenses on Halo (the video game) and he said, "Mom, show me how to sell them." So I asked my list if anyone wanted to buy them knowing they were his and not mine, (since they got about 150 Google hits a week) and he sold each one for $100 a pop, earning his $300 right away. Then the guy paid him $10 per lens twice a month to add a paragraph to each lens. Not too shabby for a first job.

Kids are learning all about Internet marketing, aren't they?
    tiff

9. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 16 years ago

Jenny - your daughter is adorable!  I think it's incredible that your girls are so industrious at such a young age.  Way to go, Mom.

10. Inspirepub profile image72

Aww, thanks. I'm pretty proud of them - I'm always worried that I brag too much!

But it is nice to see them being self-reliant and professional - I know they will be OK in the long run, if they have these habits in place now.

Jenny

1. LondonDuchess profile image61
      LondonDuchessposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Jenny - you are so right.
      Your children are very lucky to have a Mum who understands this.

Viv

11. vietnamese profile image67
    vietnameseposted 16 years ago

I think the way you teach children in America is great. It is a matter of being independent and working and earning monies. Those qualities are rare for asian children. I guess because the way we asian were brought up. I am so thrilled to see this. But also, it is because we live in a democratic world, which sometimes we take things for granted. Again, thank you for sharing this!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)