IF God said: Why Should I Let You Into My Heaven What Would You Say?

Jump to Last Post 101-148 of 148 discussions (321 posts)
  1. profile image0
    TellitlikeIseeitposted 16 years ago

Mark 10:18   Yahoshua said to him,"Why do you call me good?No one is good exept for YHWH

Mark 10:19 Do you not know the commands,"Do not Murder,Do not commit adultery(serving two masters)Do not bare false witness,Do not rob,Respect your father and your mother.

The answer is clearly given in Mark

2. profile image0
    Graceful Guardianposted 16 years ago

well it is said in Mark 7:6-8
    And he asnswered them saying,"Well did Yahoshua prophecy concerning you hypocrites,as it is written,"This people respect me with there lips,but their hearts are far from me,and in vain do they worship me,teaching as teachings the commands of men.Forsaking the commands,you hold fast the tradition of men.

And this comment was about the breaking of commands,not just respect your father and mother.It is about serving two masters,you either serve men,like Mark,or you serve YHWH,you can not have it both ways.

Like that one said ,you either serve unbelief and falsehood,or you serve YHWH who is belief and truth,you can not have it both ways.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Well, that is not what I said. I said there is no god. Not that I am anti-god. Big difference. I cannot be anti-something that does not exist big_smile I have no greatness anywhere and have consistently said I am as important as a grain of sand on a beach.

Yet you thanked me for my truth earlier. Make your mind up.

Why is unbelief falsehood? Or belief truth? As long as it is what you believe I guess?

And it appears you think I am an evildoer also. Is that the George Bush sort of evildoer, or the common-or-garden variety, murderer type evildoer?

I will leave you with a quote also:

Mark 2:27-28  And Jesus said unto them, "The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: so that the son of man is lord even of the sabbath." big_smile

1. profile image0
        TellitlikeIseeitposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I believe that Graceful Guardian was talking about Mark from Scripture,in that last statement.

And she said that Mark was just a man talking what he knew about YHWH,just cause you carry the same name didn't mean what you thought.

And what am I doing then?

And can't you guys take a joke? Or do I have to spell it out? I R O N Y - there, spelled it out.

1. profile image0

Laugh right out loud,and you are a funny man.By the way what was the joke,I laughed at your I R O N Y.big_smile

LOL Mark, the atheist quoting Mark, the disciple. In a discussion with a believer who thinks I am evil. When Mark himself is some of the basis for my atheism big_smile

1. profile image0

Hope this quote thing works.

Mark what did mark say to make you not believe?
                I know there is so much strife in scripture the bible or whatever version we are talking about.
                What is your strife?

The quote thing worked just fine.

I agree there are many interpretations. I will be brief as to why, and I do not like to quote too much scripture, because some believers think I am evil or undecided, or actually believe and am arguing semantics. big_smile  Not so.

Mark calls Jesus the son of Mary, not the son of god.

Also, Mark explains that Jesus was speaking in parables, not literally - If you understand that, you can understand much.

1. profile image0

I understand that very much,but that is also what I meant when I say,they rewrite and have rewritten so many times,the only thing I know they say the Father wrote was the ten commands,which they are still looking for the ark and then there are those who don't want it found.

Mans words made YHWH to harsh,and to hard to follow.

Mark calls Jesus the son of Mary, not the son of god,also Didn't YHWH say to call his name Immanuel,and then every other time they speak of him its Jesus.

Here is a thought for anyone to ponder,
                    In Hebrew there was no j only a y so heres my thought to ponder.

YISRAEL    Y-IS-RA-EL      (and el is suppose to either mean mighty or god.)

2. profile image0
            RFoxposted 16 years agoin reply to this

People who live with fear (especially fear of death) seem to lose their sense of humor. This has been my personal experience. smile

What I have never been able to figure out is if someone truly 'believes' in God and Heaven then why are they still so afraid of death and of life.

The happiest and most joyous religious people I have met are Buddhist Monks (and I have traveled the world and studied many religions.) They face death, do not believe in God and yet are almost always smiling, laughing , joking and enjoying the simple things that life has to offer.

A close second in regards to happy religious people would be Rabbi's. Not Orthodox Jews but mainstream Rabbi's. They also seem to possess a great sense of humor and have a joyful attitude in all they do.

(An interesting side note is that neither of these Religions try to convert anyone. Hmmm..)

Where is the JOY in organized Christianity?

And to answer SirDents question: I don't want to go to Heaven so it does not matter if I am accepted or not.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 16 years ago

So if I only serve god I am not here. And if I only serve man there is not God. Interesting mind-set.

4. Inertia profile image54
    Inertiaposted 16 years ago

It also says in Acts 20:29-30

For know this,that after my departure savage wolves shall come in among you,not sparing the flock.Also from among yourselves men shall arise,speaking distorted teachings,to draw away the taught ones after themselves.

Therefore watch,let no man decieve you.

5. profile image0

You must remember that these books were written by man so man can understand YHWH/God(if thats what you wish to call him) better,many have come and showed their versions to try and make better understandings,and some have added falsehoods.

That is why I say the man who says these things are not inportant they are only messengers.If you do not test and try the words or prophecies of men,we are all decieved.And it says to not let any man decieve you,and Live by the word of YHWH,and to my own recollection The only thing YHWH has ever written is the 10 commands,then they were rewritten and rewritten again and again and again.

That is why I usually try not to revert to what man said,Just what the Father said.

1. profile image0
      Zarm Nefilinposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I hate to bust your bubble buddy, but you are probably better off going down to the local D&D store and buying a set of books, a pack of dice and getting together with your friends to level up some characters. 

In all seriousness, the difference between your beliefs and something like Dungeons and Dragons is that your fantasy world is dogmatic (your beliefs), creates a persecution complex which results in the death/maiming of other people eventually by various believers who feel "persecuted" due to cognitive dissonance, creates psychological dichotomies and mental illness, requires doublethink on various levels and to various degrees, is dishonest and disrespectful of people's boundaries, numbs the pain everyone experiences in everyday life by providing easy answers, and influences people to have a confused and seriously disabled sense of their own finality from their own mortality.  Dungeons and Dragons or something like that on the other hand allows people to live in a fantasy world that does not have nearly the amount of psychological consequences that belief in a dogmatic wonderland has (like yours). 

If not Dungeons and Dragons, then there is Theatre, Video Games, or some other outlet for the imgaination.

Religion of your sort seriously rots the brain, and fyi I would hope the exact version of the God you worshipped did not exact because you would rot in hell for total hypocrisy.

ALSO, NO WE ARE NOT ALL DECEIVED. 

THAT IS A FALSE PREMISE USED TO MANIPULATE PEOPLE, CUZ AFTER ALL IF YOU ACCEPT THAT PREMISE THEN IT IS BY DEFINITION EASIER FOR YOU TO BE DECEIVED.

In order for your idiot wonderland to work the problem has to be created first in order for your solution to have any worth whatsoever, hence the statement "We are all deceived".  If I disagree with that statement then you cannot manipulate me because I am not allowing you to linguistically create the problem in my mind you seek to create in order to recruit me.

I truly pity you, and all like you.  You are selifishly wasting your time and others' time, but who cares right?  I mean after all if God doesn't exist or perhaps if YOUR GOD doesn't exist then who cares right?  You certainly won't be around to worry about it right? 

If it all turns out to be make believe?

Like Mr Rogers?

1. profile image0
        Graceful Guardianposted 16 years agoin reply to this

As you can see I have a sense of humor,LOL.I already said it was in the Bible scriptures they are not my point of view.

D&D is what children are playing now with their pokeman cards and such.LOL

You as well as the others are intitled to your belief,And if you are wasting your life with such childhood games,I will not rob you of your heaven.All are entitled to the heavens they make for themselves,andd others create hell.

You see scriptures is taught in more religions than christianity,and if believing in god is a D&D game to you have fun,and smile big_smile for there are more devils there than you can shake a stick at.

You as well though have not seen the strife of scripture and like Jesus I guess I thank you for your persecution,now go and get your crux for my bruises,have not yet turned to pain.

But I am glad you have shown me Laughter and age old thoughts of D&D,you have not pained me,for I am still smiling.

And if my quoting scripture is what bothered you,blame it on the scribes,not me for quoting them.big_smile

1. profile image0

First off I do not play D&D games and I do not roll dice. 

Second off the reason you are taught to believe that D&D games contain devils in them is because the people who design and administer the christian fantasy world your mind is quite securely locked into do not want competition but they themselves do not have enough of a level of consciousness to even realize this in some honest manner.

Third quit using your Bible as a cop out.  It is a book and even if it is a divinely inspired book your take on it forms your interepretation of what Christ is saying to you and thus those are YOUR opinions and NOT the Bible's. 

You almost worship the Bible and I find it curious that you cannot separate your own interpretation and the hermeneutics you use to arrive at your fundamentlist interpretation from what the Bible would mean to other people who do not have your particular fundy interpretation.

Oh and btw, if it were not for the Roman Catholic Church and the slave labor of Benedictine Monks throughout the Dark Ages (yes the Big bad RCC) you would not even exist let alone have a Bible to quote.  The RCC made the canons that dictated what books made it into the Bible and if you doubt that then please look it up.

You are so far out in whereever field that you take my comments as persecution instead of simply me making fun of you.  I won't axe you and I sure as hell won't hurt you as long as you keep your delusional worldview within certain contexts.  I am trying to poke fun at what you believe but already I can sense you are so serious that you percieve this as some sort of "persecution of the righteous". 

I dare you.

I dare you to quit going to church, quit reading your bible and quit praying to god for 3 months.

Yes you heard right, just three months.  Live your life the same as you would if you did do those things, obstain from sin, and stay away from temptation.  Try to live in virtue.

I can almost guarantee you that if you do those three things the mental fog that you are in will start to lift and you might actually start to seriously think for yourself for the first time in your life.

Hell even if you still believed in God after those first three months at least you would feel more secure in it.

Try it

I Dare you.

6. profile image0

So by your own words,no man is to be believed,only Gods.

Sure I can see that,sort of.

7. Inertia profile image54

Yup,thats what Yahoshua said.

8. profile image0

LOL,I finally found a picture that works,but dont take my word for it I am just a man/woman and I TellitlikeIseeit,LOL,big_smile

9. profile image0

Where did my picture go,it was there before I posted,I am starting to think this place is bugged.

10. profile image0

no I dont see it.sorry sad

1. Inertia profile image54
      Inertiaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Me either,big_smile, I am sure you will find one.

11. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 16 years ago

we are the meek, we already inherited the Earth, this is our Heaven, and all people who have been here, before, after, and now have the Earth.  Stop pretending you are better then your neighbor or above someone else cause you are not.  Stop pretending that you know the answer, stop pretending you know something someone else doesn't know, and stop belittling Gods work and words.

Your God is a liar, and you are all as*holes.  If God doesn't answer my prayer, then He is a liar, and you are all liars. 

Your are liars and evil doers, you think that you are better, your God or Gods are better, you know everything.  Get over yourselfs. 

Preachers of God preach lies, you preach pride, which you cover up with what you call humbiality.  Pathetic. 

You know, I like Mark. If I were God, I would chose Mark over most you because he is not a jerk.  The ones who say, you have to do this, you have to listen to God, Gods name is this, not this.  bla, bla, bla,  all you exibit is a pride the you chose to cover with false humbiality.

Of course the most discusting of you who call yourselves believers, is that you don't believe in Gods promise.  You don't believe that if you pray to God that he will give you what you request. 

I requested all man go to Heaven, but look at you....still thinking that it is not possible.  And you know what, you are just jealous, why should someone else get a free ride, just because I asked? 

You secretly hate that I made this prayer, you seceretly hate that it wasn't you first who made this prayer, you hate that anyone should be allowed into heaven if they have not made the effort like you to go.  You seceretly hate people and expect to be loved back for your good will, but your good will is clouded by your own pride, a need to feel important or superior. 

You don't preach goodness, you preach hate and slavery, and divisions, war, untrust, false hope and faith, sin, hell, humiliation, and deception.  You will just never get that you are the ones being decieved. 

You are the ones doing it, and you hate people who point it out to you because you believe you are better than everyone else.  You aren't helpers of God, your helpers of power and distrust, neglect and pride. 

and I am certain that at least one of you will say something vulgure and nasty and completely againts what Jesus said, you will resort to scripture to make you stand and preach love and forgiveness yet you don't and can't seem to accept people as your equals.

12. profile image0

Sandra

Wow,get angry much big_smile,was this not what your Jesus said,Live by every Word of YHWH,and if he thought man was not worthy at one time,which he did,or he never would have said,If that Nation repents from their evil,I will repent of the EVIL that I am sending among them.? What makes you think he is different than mine

Now don't get me wrong,I am not picking on you but He also said that All are called and only a few are chosen. for no one is against you,but it sounds like you believe that. Yahoshua said"Why do you call me good,only YHWH is good"  I was only quoting what was said,and I am sorry to you if you think I only joined today to pick on you,I came to TellitlikeIseeit.

It is also not very godly to curse,that was YHWH job,for he said,I have put before you the blessing and the curse,he didnt really mean for us to curse others.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 16 years agoin reply to this

it wasn't a curse, it was an observation.  Oh btw, you do it too.  Everyone does it and I don't call God YHWH. 
      But I suppose I saying anything that goes againts someone else is just blasphemy.

1. profile image0

YHWH is just a sacred name that in most Bible Scripture was removed for being too sacred.It only matters if you want to cast out devils and evil spirits,according to the bible scriptures.
        I use it because of I believe it should be used,when Talking about him.

I saw you in a struggle of do you believe in god,unbelievers it says  "will be cast into the unquenchable fire" not my words either,I am just repeating them.

1. profile image0

OMG, Jehovahs say the same thing.  Who cursed me, I said as*hole. uh oh...so who is right, YHWH or Jehovah or Allah, or Elohim, or ???

I guess you are assuming I don't believe in God now huh? 

Anyways, not what my bible said, guess I picked up the Satan Bible by accident and it was tittled Holy Bible cause in my bible is says that the Preist, Rabbis and teachers get cast into the fire. 

Satan certainly is deceptive, so much so in ways you couldn't even phatom.  Uh oh....

1. profile image0

http://books.google.ca/books?id=3LjGblp … &hl=en

This is only one site out of many.And I said they are not my words.

Did you call me satan.LOL,I will pray for you, for I am not satan.Though yes he is very deceptive.

I am only quoting scripture,They are not my words.

you have not hurt my feelings,if you do not like the site I posted,type in the search engine,and the unbelievers will be cast,and you will be shown what I have said.

I am glad you believe that all will go to heaven,but that is not what the Bible scriptures say,again they are not my words I am just repeating them.

And I never said you didn't believe I said I saw you having a struggle with belief,so again sorry Sandra,we had a miscommunication.

1. profile image0

I didn't call you Satan.  wtf!  I don't need your prayers either.

13. profile image0

ps anyways, I like to stirr the pot, if not just to make a point that no one is any better than anyone else, this includes me.  smile 

Angry...lol...please, I am LMAO.

14. knolyourself profile image60

No sense of humor. Can't understand Seinfeld. No sense of irony. No ability to understand poetry. No ability to be tolerant.
    That is the literalists. Very serious 'cause there is only one way.

15. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Well, it is fair to say that christianity is based on a collection of other, previous religions, and is not to be taken literally. it certainly didn't begin with the Hebrews.

A quote from a good hub on the subject:

T. W. Doane in his 1882 Bible Myths opined that "nothing now remains for the honest man to do but acknowledge the truth, which is that the history of Jesus of Nazareth as related in the books of the New Testament, is simply a copy of that of Buddha, with a mixture of mythology borrowed from other nations."

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Death-And-Rebirth-Of-A-God

big_smile

1. profile image0

Are you sure that was budda,I thought it was Horus or some man like that,have you read Mannly P Hall?

2. profile image0

There is also a theory that the 'lost years of Jesus' were spent studying with the Buddha. That's why the teachings are so similar.

So if Jesus is truly the 'son of God' and God sent him to study with the Buddha (a human being), so he could bring those teachings back to show us 'the way' then what does that say? Lol.

(I know Mark will get the joke and the irony in this one.) tongue

1. Inspirepub profile image74
        Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That Buddha is the Son of God?

Which is what Jesus said - he said we are all Sons of God, just like Him.

Jenny

1. profile image0

Not what I was alluding to but you're always great with your comebacks Jenny. Lol.
          You give people many things to think about. big_smile

The idea of 'God' in theistic terms is irrelevant to me. I do enjoy God discussions though. I am always interested in others belief systems.
          And if a certain belief system makes a person more compassionate, loving and caring towards others then in my book it is "the way and the light".

Being enlightened is not about the scriptures or the prophet but the actions that are produced. smile

SirDent: I don't believe FEAR equates to knowledge. Knowledge evaporates FEAR.
          But we do agree on something. Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

16. knolyourself profile image60

As long as Americans feel superior to everyone else in the world, they don't bother to experience anything else but themselves. Great for the powers that be, since Americans don't realize they are being exploited to the hilt, because being superior, they don't compare themselves to others.

17. profile image0

Well where to start,

I have first to say,I am not a Christian, though sometimes I quote their Holy Bible(set-apart book) for their are many Christians out there.

Secondly I am a believer in What some might want to Call God/YHWH/El/Yahway/Creator/.... the Kabala has 72 names for Him,and some say there are a Billion names,none of which are Satan/Lucifer/Baal/Lord/Baalzebub/Bright and morning star/........he has a lot too.

And thanks for saying you did not call me satan,for I can not sway the elect.

Yes I like to quote scripture,and sorry if you were not having problems with your belief it sounded as though you were,My Mistake,and I am thankful,for you humbling me in that way.

So I will not pray for you,it's ok,for you have placed a judgement as I have done and I will have to answer later and so will you.sucks to be us there,no lol there.

And I appreciate a good joke,and Yes Mark,an unbeliever quoting scripture can be funny,still laughing at the irony.

if I missed any please let me know.big_smile

18. profile image0

TellitlikeIseeit, what did you miss,are you american?

tongue

1. profile image0

Does living on the Continant of North America make me an American,if so sure.

tongue

Very funny :LOL

1. profile image0

Well after Canada,US,Mexico join forces,it will be so,lol

19. profile image0

Sandra sorry if you think I am another word for a mule,not my intention,If our God's are different what am I to say,it's your God.

And sorry to hear about why you do not believe Mark,I feel bad about that,and if the scriptures are what is read and relayed,I was only saying what I know.

My Scripture comes from,"The institute for Scripture Research" so you can blame the differences on them,for our books not sounding the same.

All is still good/evil in the world .Nothing has changed there yet.

big_smile it's not what you thought.

Ah, Graceful Guardian, I see you still bear the burden of Original Sin. You are still eating of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

You will have to stop that if you want to get into Heaven, you know ...

Jenny

1. profile image0

I already stated once I am not worthy,though in some of the situations I might be.

And wow I stepped away for an hour or something and look,I missed out on the excitement of God/YHWH/Budda/Issa,you people sure know how to debate a subject.

Yes I never said I was perfect,that is only God and we are just to try.

20. profile image0

Yes that is so true didn't they call him Isa meaning Messiah?

1. profile image0

In Islam he is called Isa, in the Buddhists texts Saint Issa. Neither translates to Messiah. But he was considered a Prophet.

1. profile image0

Thanks for that update,I knew I was close on Isa,Prophet is good too.big_smile we learn something new everyday.

Oh and I have other engagements now,its been good posting with you's people.Have a fun,and don't take life to seriously. big_smile

21. knolyourself profile image60

If I am made in God's image, then I am Son of God.

1. profile image0

I like that,for we are all the sons and daughters of God,though in some texts he was mad at us but he will have ever lasting compassion when we are collected.

22. profile image0
    SirDentposted 16 years ago

This thread has taken off and gone so far I'm not sure where to start. Every person has a right to believe whatever they want to believe. Each one has a right to call me a fool or even evil if they so choose. One thing for sure is that God is right and everyone else is wrong. With that being stated I have nothing else to add at this time except the following quote.

Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

God is Love.

Perfect love casteth out fear.

Fear may be the beginning of knowledge, but the fulfilment of knowledge is to know Love without Fear.

Jenny

1. profile image0

Love without fear. Perfection in imperfection.

Jenny you truly are a wise one! wink

2. profile image0

Unfortunately fear is why they killed Jesus,they did not understand him.
        And to some degree I am still glad I would not murder him.
        But also sometimes knowledge can be a burden.

oh and thank you Jenny for the earlier comment to remind me I am not perfect.big_smile

and I think I am getting the hang of the quote thing.

You're welcome - and look, you are one step closer to perfection if you have mastered BB Code (the square bracket stuff).

I'm sure God would never get the nested quotes out of order .... big_smile

Jenny

23. knolyourself profile image60

Sounds like fear mongering to me.

24. knolyourself profile image60

'you can shake a stick at'. I always liked that expression. From the forties or maybe even earlier.

1. profile image0

Thanks knolyourself ,its your tag that is getting me to know myself better,and if it wasn't for Sirdent,I would never have figured out that I was not worthy,and don't get me wrong,to me,not murdering is a good thing. big_smile

you all have great opinions,and I appreciate every one,even the none believers for they show me their side,and I never would have seen if it wasn't for them showing them.

big_smile

1. Inertia profile image54
        Inertiaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I see you have seen both sides to the story Graceful Guardian.

1. profile image0

yes and what have I learned how to grin and bare it. big_smile

And here I thought is was only the pagans who bared it for their devotions - which denomination is yours, GG?

25. Inertia profile image54

lol then keep big_smile

26. knolyourself profile image60

Dead man's curve.

27. profile image0

It has been written in this thread and other threads that I fear. There is no fear in me. I can look at myself and know who and what I am. What I see from many here is that they are the ones who fear. They are afraid to look at their own selves and see who they really are. They don't want to see the things that aren't quite right in their own lives. They don't want to see the things that they did wrong or are doing wrong. That's fine with me. I don't have a problem with that at all, but I will expose those who spread false doctrine to the best of my ability.

To say that I pervert the Word of God then quote Scripture is hypocritical. Then to say that God says this,". . ." is likewise perverting the Word of God. God spoke His word. He had His Word written down. God did it not man. Believe or not believe is your choice.

If you call yourself God, you better be ready to measure up to God. It isn't a task that is easy to do.

SirDent, it is clear that for you there exists fear.

I can see that from your point of view you have successfully displaced the fear onto others "I have no need to fear, THEY are the ones with something to fear ..."

However MOVING fear further away is not the same thing as embracing the perfect love which casteth out fear.

Perfect love casteth our fear perfectly, such that there is no reason for anyone at all to fear anything.

You, SirDent, are not in that place yet.

Jenny

P.S. And be mindful, too, that fear is the tool of the Devil. If you go around promoting fear, even fear of the Devil and demons, fear of God, or fear of Judgement Day, you are doing the Devil's work.

2. profile image0

So here is where I have to take issue. I have seen it stated many times in this forum that "The Scriptures are the word of God, not man."

However, wasn't it a man who wrote the Scriptures?

How do you know Moses was speaking the Truth?

Even if he had a direct line to God we all interpret meaning differently. It is a fundamental flaw in human behavior. Many misunderstandings have occurred because someone misinterpreted another. 

How do you know the men who finally wrote the words of Jesus (how many centuries after his death?) didn't put their own interpretation on His words, or just plain used their own?

You emphatically believe these men knew the Truth. You emphatically believe that they write the word of God. Yet you do not trust any other Religious Doctrine or the words of any other man.

Why do you trust these men who wrote the Bible so much? What did they do to earn that trust?

This is what I wonder. smile

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Man will pervert the Word of God. My interpretation is garbage, but there is one who never gets anything wrong. The Holy Ghost is always right. He never changes, because He is also God. I trust the Holy Ghost not men. You see I don't just post what I feel. If I did I would post every day to every reply. I only post what I hear in the spirit.

God has never changed. He is the same today as He always was before and will be the same tomorrow.

1. Thinkaboutit77 profile image69
          Thinkaboutit77posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're right when you said "The Holy Ghost is always right. He never changes, because He is also God. I trust the Holy Ghost not men"

The Bible says, "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" - 2 Peter 1:21

2 Timothy 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

When the prophets spoke in the old testament (1st testament) they always said something like "thus saith the Lord" they never said "thus saith this prophet". So they were showing us that they were under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit of God and they were speaking His words not their own.

Jesus also told his Apostles that upon His ascension back to heaven, He would send the Holy Spirit to "bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14:26).

People today use pencils to write notes in class but it's the person using the pen to write, the pen doesn't write itself. Likewise it's clear that God used men as ONLY the instruments to record His Word. So in reality the Bible is the Word of God (God's thoughts) not mans.

Also fulfilled prophecy and history show that the Bible alone is God's revelation to man.

You said "Why do you trust these men who wrote the Bible so much? What did they do to earn that trust?"

Answer: I don't trust men I trust the God who used faithful men to record His Word and since His Word would be used to lead many to salvation, He would not allow them to screw it up and declare false prophecies. As He said, any prophet who gives a prophecy in His name and the prophecy doesn't come true, He says that prophet is a false prophet and is not speaking for Him (Deuteronomy 18:22) such as the Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses just to name a few.

But did you notice that the Ten Commandments were the only  part of the Bible that God wrote down Himself, which makes sense because He wanted to emphasis His Law and show us that we haven't kept it. There's a death penalty (in hell) for not keeping all of His Law but thankfully, He sent Jesus to pay that penalty for us so that we could be saved from Judgment Day.

Have you accepted God's simple plan of salvation, through the free gift of the gospel?

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
            SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Even one's perceived perception that they are receiving/hearing the Holy Ghost speak is that one's perception...it is a subjective interpretation. It is a totally individual perception.

1. profile image0
              RFoxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Exactly my point SparklingJewel. It is an individual perception. We are all individual in our beliefs.

And to answer Thinkaboutit77 question. I am a Buddhist and follow the Dharma path through life. God is not relevant to my salvation, because I don't need saving. That is my belief and choice. big_smile

1. profile image0
                sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Rfox, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

Lol. Thanks Sandra!! Sending love your way. wink

28. Betty Jo Petty profile image60
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 16 years ago

Doesn't the Bible have the story of God in it?

If not from the Bible, where does knowledge of God come from?

Yes, Jesus walked on earth, do we really know where all He might have gone, who all He might have taught?

God takes care of the sick, etc., wouldn't that cover miscarried babies?

These babies come from God, would He not take care of them?  For more answers, try reading the Word and interpreting for yourselves.

Just a few of my opinions.

I didn't read all the pages, sorry.  Hope I haven't intruded too badly here.

Betty Jo

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 16 years agoin reply to this

My mistake Betty. I did write that babies have no knowledge. I should have gone further and say that they could not have made a choice of accepting Jesus or not. The decision must be made to believe or not believe.

29. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Zarm,

May I ask you to read this thread before you post anything else? http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2249

Thank you.

30. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Zarm,

You tone is inappropriate for this forum. Please stop personal attacks.

1. profile image0

I do not and will not view them as personal attacks, but nonetheless I will stop posting in that manner as you have requested.  Evidently this is necessary to keep the peace, and I can respect that.

1. profile image0

oh come on Misha,  Zarm is cracking me up.  I really like reading what he has to say.  I didn't see anything wrong with his posting.  As a matter of fact, it seems he was replying in the same manner as sir dent... 

maybe tone down the capital shouting.  LOL. 

smile

31. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Thank you smile

1. profile image0

You are welcome and I will stay away from this particular section of the forum (religion) until such a time as I would engage people here in a manner considered respectful.

32. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

Spoken like a true Pastor, Jenny.  I think you should reconsider your calling big_smile

33. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I like what he posts, too. Just his last couple of posts became a bit too offensive - and he actually agreed to me on this smile

I hope Zarm will post more on those forums, cause I definitely enjoy reading him smile

As for SirDent posting in the same manner - actually I don' t remember him getting personal, and even if he did at some point, this does not mean this should be an example for others to emulate wink

I strongly believe it does not matter WHAT you do, it matters HOW you do what you are doing smile

Unless you are a serial killer?

34. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Even if you are a serial killer smile

35. profile image0

alright Misha, you got me, you always do.  Hail all might mediator God.  I bow to the authority.

Zarm...come back!!!!!!!

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL I feel like condescending v***a once again. May be I should retire...

1. profile image0

Nooooo...don't retire. We like condescending v****a's around here. Lol wink

36. profile image50
    mike12572posted 16 years ago

you called me i didnt call you... you dont want the pizza ill take it back

37. profile image0

Misha, I don't mind Zarm's posts. He/she is calm compared to a lot I have seen before.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

SirDent, you may be fine with them, but I think we as the community need to stop attacks as they start if we want to keep more or less intelligent - or may be even productive - discussion over here. smile

38. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Thanks Rachelle, this makes me feel being in demand wink

1. profile image0

I would think you would always feel in demand with 382 fans. wink

And if you want to escape the States you should come to Canada. Sure Australia has sunshine and beautiful, half naked women but we have snow and hot chocolate and crackling fires. big_smile
      (I just read the Witchcraft thread. Interesting topic.)

Of course you could get dual citizenship like me and live half the year in Oz and half the year in Canada. You could go from -35 C to +40 C in one day. Lol.

(I once made the mistake of flying back to Australia from Canada in February....not a smart idea. The temperature difference sent my body into shock...I couldn't move for 3 days. I became the ultimate couch potato. Lol.)

smile

And SirDent: You said it for me "Man will pervert the Word of God." The Bible was physically written by man and interpreted man. How can it be the pure Word of God?

39. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

My post's were intelligent and well thought out, of that I have little doubt but I am learning because I am new here what is considered respectful exchange and do not compare myself to anyone else here.  This is why it is useful for Misha to give me feedback if I need it, because I cannot act on that which I do not know.

1. profile image0

You have an awesome attitude Zarm Nefilin. big_smile

Happy you've joined us here.

40. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

Thank you and you are welcome!

41. Raven King profile image60
    Raven Kingposted 15 years ago

I'm back. .. Heaven is home, so if everyone came from heaven, lived on the earth or somewhere in the universe after they died they expect to come home, which would be heaven.

42. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL It took me a moment to figure out you are answering original question smile

Good answer, though, I like it smile

43. Raven King profile image60
    Raven Kingposted 15 years ago

Thanks. smile
    And your answer would be?

1. profile image0

Welcome home!  hahahhahahahhahhahahaha  Big Smile, big Hugs, lots of kisses.  smile

1. Raven King profile image60
        Raven Kingposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Great answer! smile

44. Constant Walker profile image57
    Constant Walkerposted 15 years ago

There really IS a Heaven?!  Have you been rockin' the gonja, bro? hmm

45. marisuewrites profile image58
    marisuewritesposted 15 years ago

Because I accepted you into my life?    Not being flippant...

46. Eng.M profile image66
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

IF God said: Why Should I Let You Into My Heaven What Would You Say?

I'll say:

I tried to know who you are and what you want from me.
    (may be I should have tried harder but you are generous)

47. Eng.M profile image66
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

I will tell him:
    because you are merciful

1. profile image0

maybe you should just say, why not?  smile

1. Eng.M profile image66
        Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I like it

you are right.
        but may be he would tell me the reason and I will be stuck there.

1. profile image0

naaaa, you and God can just laugh at all the good times while he prepaires a place for some better time.  smile

1. Eng.M profile image66
            Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

we all hope so.

but do we deserve it.

we mustn't ignore him and say that he is generous and merciful.

he could be justiceless and fair too.

48. Inspirepub profile image74
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

I would say "Get Thee Behind Me, Satan!"

... because the real God would never say such a thing.

Jenny

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Awesome.smile

1. weblog profile image57
        weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes big_smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60
          mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Here now I recall Dr Brian Weiss books ,there many claim to have come to the edge of the Light but were stopped from going into the Light-God by some entity saying-your time has not yet come.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)