Games of the week

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

These are the games I'd like to watch this week.  BIG games! Love football season.

USC @ Washington - USC might be starting a replacement QB and the Washington coach was USC's offensive coordinator last year.

Tennessee @ Florida - Lane was talking it up, but this year's Gators may be one of the best of all-time.

NFL Games

New England @ NY Jets - Sanchez vs Brady.  Rookie vs Vet. 

NY Giants @ Dallas - Heard a prediction of over 100K fans at the new Dallas stadium.  Hope too many punts don't hit the new scoreboard:)

1. Drew Breezzy profile image63
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope they hit the scoreboard over and over. Oh Jerry Jones would flip!

2. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

That scoreboard is unbelievable.  I don't see how then can leave it.  What happens if a punter has one minute on the clock with a small lead and decides to hit it over and over to replay the down.  Does the time on the clock come off?

1. profile image0
      C.J.Richey121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would think if they are gonna replay the down they would also reset the clock.

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Yes, it looks like they will reset the clock.  If you want a good overview of the Dallas Cowboy Scorboard rule check out http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 … deo-board/

The big issue I see is that the punter could potentially hit the scoreboard over and over again.  It seems like if it happened twice in a row that they should do something to move the game along.

1. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thanks for the link.  The comments are almost as funny as the should shrug by Goodell.  I don't think my team will have a problem with hitting the scoreboard, being that he's 42 years old!  I guess we'll see come Sunday night lol

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Conceivably, the refs could call a penalty for delay of game if they felt it was intentional. But because of all the discussion about it, it's more likely you would end up with a really tired punter and a rule change in the offseason, which will probably happen anyway. That's why you won't likely see it in a competitive game, if at all.

4. tdelamatter profile image56
    tdelamatterposted 14 years ago

I have to agree with you Paul, Jerry Jones should have thought a bit before putting a scoreboard in the center of the field. He claims that he followed the NFL rules, and this is probably so, but to me it completely distracts from the game.

When I go to a game I want to focus on it, not the gigantic scoreboard. Hopefully he will see it is too much and make it smaller. Although he is fiercely in love with it.

Guys and their Big Screen TVs lol

5. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Ugh.  Getting Oakland vs KC instead of NY Jets vs NE Pat on CBS.

1. Drew Breezzy profile image63
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

eww

All I'm getting is ATL vs CAR

6. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

I'm watching the Patriots @ Jets right now...I gotta root for the J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!!!

7. dohn121 profile image81

Score update:

Third Quarter

Jets 10
    Pats  9

...Afterall, the Jets aren't showing up today to kiss the Patriot's Super Bowl Rings lol

8. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Come on Pats, they will be able to bypass within the last 2 minutes hopefully! I am not much of a football fan, but I am a Fan.

~thranax~

9. dohn121 profile image81

They finally did it!  The Jets beat the Patriots, 16-9!

1. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Pats blown today...

~thranax~

10. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

Have to say I have not rooted for the Jets in a long time .. but Sanchez is winning me over big time. . .
    I have always been a die hard Giant fan  . just the way my dad raised me! And they just scored smile  20-14 I type . .Dallas is  looking tough but Im loving going into halftime with the score the way it is.  6 seconds and Romo just sent one down  . incomplete. . field goal attempt...........and its good. .

Time to go watch the emmys .  but Ill be back after half time!

11. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

I got the Houston vs Tennessee game early and it was awesome!!!!! Was surprised by all the offense in this game. Chris Johnson was unbelievable, as was Shaub once he got warmed up.

Watching Dallas/NY game now. Romo needs to learn that the ball gets thrown TO the receiver to catch, not behind him and that Dallas is in WHITE tonight, not blue. lol

12. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

I just need Indy and Miami to keep tomorrow's total below 42 to complete a 3 team parlay. Of course that's the one game I was actually worried about. How the odds makers made both the Cards and the Ravens 3 point underdogs is a mystery to me.

13. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I jumped off the dock after the Gator game smile (silly Florida tradition)

14. wavegirl22 profile image48

Manning is the man ,,  i love watching him mature into a calm and steady pro. This is been quite a game . .but Im still confident the boys from Blue will pull it out and give NY a doubly great day , ,and a great monday morning re live it all. . lets hope!
    Go Blue!

15. wavegirl22 profile image48

and its good. . .they pulled it out. . .its been a football day for all new yorkers to be proud !

Eli threw for 330 tonight .. lets give him a big hand!!!!

I've been a die-hard Jints fan since 1990.  I once told someone that, "I love them more than oxygen!"

Can you believe that new rule where you can call a timeout a split second before the snap?  Tynes would've gotten the first one anyway!  The Giants are now in sole-possession of the NFC East and for the day, New York NFL teams are 3-0!  I wish it was like that last week too...The Bills should've definitely won, were it not for that dumb fumble in the waning minutes.

GO BIG BLUE!!!

1. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually it is not a new rule. It has been happening. There has been talks about changing the rule that allows this, but...I don't see it changing. Dallas is my team and they suck! We need a "real" QB.

My mistake, you're right.  One of the commentators said that Dallas gave Tynes a "free kick."  Wade Phillips should have "froze" Tynes before the snap!  That's how most NFL coaches do it...I think that by NOT calling a timeout before the snap caused him to dang-near miss the first kick because he anticipated the timeout!  Talk out psyching  a guy out!  But he did make both kick anyhow.  Romo was very careless with the ball tonight.  You can't blame your defense at all.  They did very well, under the circumstances.  I'll never understand why Jason Garrett is not your Head Coach.  He should have been Dallas' head coach 3 years ago...

1. Michael Willis profile image67
            Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There was probably a reason Romo was not "drafted" in the NFL draft. He is good at times, but not consistent. Dallas has the playmakers, but...tonight his mistakes cost them the game. Our defense was great with the run, but...those NY receivers were open!!!!! Especially in the middle. Wade should be gone after this year. And no to Garrett.  There are some great coaches out there without jobs...Shanahann, Bill Cowher(please come to Dallas) lol...and Jerry has the money to land either of these.

16. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Romo had some bad breaks with the ball getting kicked off the back foot of a receiver and getting picked off.

While he wasn't great last night, I think it was more bad breaks than bad play.

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Romo completed fewer than half of his passes (13 of 29), and he threw three interceptions that all turned into points for the Giants.
      To quote Lou Holtzman . .
      “It's not the load that breaks you down - its the way you carry it”

Bottom line Romo is not a clutch QB.

Eli on the other hand. . continually puts his team in positions to win games. All the makings and magic of a great QB smile

Gosh...I think I'm falling for you smile

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
          wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

that makes 2 of us wink I think a real game in real time is order with all the fixings ! you up for it???

I don't see why not *blushes*

17. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

This just in: The "other" Manning bro just led his team to victory against Miami in Miami. Suh-weet!
    But Eli's my guy and the Giants' win yesterday, especially in that billion dollar stadium with Bush and all the Texans in attendance. Snap!

A great week all around.
    Except for USC. But hey, we're not unhappy. They leave a hole, but maybe the Cal Bears can fill it. Go Bears!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)