You meet a fine woman and you find that "she" is a transvestite!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)
  1. NGRIA Bassett profile image61
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

"He" or"She" is a transvestite.How would you handle this?

1. wesleycox profile image70
      wesleycoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly how and at what point do you discover the mystery?  Depending on when you find out is how the reaction comes into play.  At first meeting I would simply walk away and go blah!  After taking it home.  May go to jail for murder 1.  I'd like to think that I can tell the difference though and not end up in situation 2.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh boy.

i would probably have a heart attack.

people need to tell people right away what gender they are if they are packing something that doesn't match the exterior.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!!!

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If she is hitting on me, accept it as a compliment letting them know I'm flattered, and then say "no thanks." But that wouldn't preclude me getting to know the person, if they are also open to it. If not, I would just walk away.

I actually know a couple of transgendered people. They are incredibly intelligent, thoughtful, misunderstood people.

4. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a woman I can normally tell the difference transvestites they normally have larger hands, large feet, an Adam's Apple, and there bone structure is stronger. It doesn't bother me if they are transvestites whatever makes them happy. smile

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I have always done what Crocodile Dundee did.

1. wesleycox profile image70
      wesleycoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nothing like the old crotch chop to get someones attention.

3. profile image0

LOL Some of them like it too. Some don't of course, but one can't be too careful 'bout such things. hehehe

4. DennisBarker profile image60
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

good to know that people without any experience are always ready to make a joke at somebody elses expense, especially to disguise a serious sexual identity issue.

Part of my work over the last few years has included transvestites and transexuals as clients, there is a  serious issue worth of discussion here, being turned into either a joke or an agressive response in order to avoid a discussion of what makes somebody male or female.

We learn our gender and sexual identities mostly from the society we grow up in, society changes slowly over time and many people do not fit into safe gender categories.

The people who do not fit into safe categories are often the people who move ideas and culture forward, or open the eyes of others to new possibilities and questions.

opening minds is an important role in society now, as it always has been, writers do the same thing by using fiction as transvestites do by living their own drama and searching for their own identity.

5. Queen Mirage profile image61
    Queen Mirageposted 14 years ago

I have been performing for years now and I have seen some horrible things.  I know many transgender people and to me it seems like a game to them that they can fool people into believing that they are something they are not....

It is great to be transgender if that is what you want but when you infringe on the rights and the honesty and respect of others that is so wrong....

I DO NOT AGREE WITH KILLING ANYONE!  But I also understand the feeling of the ones who want to do this...You took away their rights to make an open decision to date you you took away the free will to go out with  a transgender when you try and fool them....

When you fool with the emotion of love you are going to get burned when your fooling with affairs of the heart you go crazy when you are not told the truth!

Be honest with yourself and with others you are born a male you tell them and then go from their if your born a women then you tell them don't wait and say surprise......not cool

I am a drag queen and proud to be who I am and I fool many, but if I want to be with a person I am going to tell them...remember this comes off at night but somethings are still attached....

I think it is wrong to try and deceive a person into loving you or liking you....If you tell them and they say no then it is no and if you tell them and they say yes then good for you..remember people you put out what you get back.....

Love yourself Respect yourself if you dont who the HELL will! and remember it does not matter what you look like on the outside it is what is on the inside that counts!  Queen Mirage

6. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Been there done that, one hell of a night, lol big_smile

7. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Im usually a pretty peace and love kind of guy, but that type of situation can bring out a primal backlash that leads to a long night with a shovel and a couple bags of lye (dont leave home without them)

8. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

It can work the other way as well, I remember that Hilary Swank movie " Big Girls Don't Cry " where she pretends to be a guy to fall in love with another girl.

Great movie btw !

9. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

"You meet a fine woman and you find that "she" is a transvestite!"

She is not a she she is a he and that would bother me.

10. profile image49
    Redneckmanposted 14 years ago

My Mom used to say Jethro, if you cant find a woman find a finely cut man but we arent too fussy in our neck of the woods.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image60
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Men, women, farmyard animals, they're all pink on the inside. wink

1. profile image49
        CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My type of man smile

Just don't let me near your parrot. smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So is candy but that dont mean its good for ya lol

Hey a little candys good for ya, just not too much. big_smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True enough

11. profile image0

I'm glad my parrot isn't here on my shoulder anymore.

12. drmr7788 profile image60
    drmr7788posted 14 years ago

As a member of the GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Trans) community, I have a number of friends who are Trans. I don't pretend to understand their life. I am a woman who is proud to love another women. But just because I don't understand them, does that give me the right to belittle them as a person? The answer is NO. I have found when the chips are down and I need a friend or help, they are the first to offer. Some of my chosen brothers and sisters live a life very different from mine and that is what makes the world so great. If I found myself in this situation, I would be flattered, buy them a drink and go home to my wife.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)