Weird comment :D

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (69 posts)
  1. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Can anybody tell me what this comment is supposed to mean? wink

2. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

Any directions?! smile

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

big_smile

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago
  5. SunSeven profile image61

OMG this is really funny! smile

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I thought people might like it big_smile

7. SunSeven profile image61

I did! smile

8. Mark Knowles profile image59

So, how many wives exactly do you have Misha?

I have always thought the best number would be three. That way they would spend more time arguing amongst themselves. big_smile

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Two. The former one and the later one big_smile

1. SunSeven profile image61
        SunSevenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmmmmmmm! ! !

9. profile image0
    Abhinayaposted 16 years ago

How come you came in? smile I liked it too.

10. SunSeven profile image61

Hey Misha,  Off Topic - I think HP news letter should include the most active people at the forums too. What do you think? Mark are you there?! smile

1. Misha profile image63

IDK SunSeven. It probably will feel good though smile

Thought so too.

11. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Misha, is this wife getting out of hand?  You should be more gentle with your wives.

1. Misha profile image63

I'll try Stacie smile

12. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL

I love a good argument. And if I'm honest, since I started making a living on the 'net, I am bored to tears. I have no one to talk to all day long big_smile At least, not in person.

So sad Mark. I heard French men are the best! LOL smile

13. Mark Knowles profile image59

Actually, I am English. (Which is even better) big_smile I just live in France.

Aha! I am coming up with a hub on false beards! smile LOL

14. funride profile image67
    funrideposted 16 years ago

lol When I was younger I also wanted more than one. Know that I have one I suppose that´s enough, perhaps too much big_smile.

I just wonder what Misha have said about that hub big_smile.

1. profile image0
      Abhinayaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Funride what is that supposed to mean? May be your wife will have something to say on this. smile

1. funride profile image67
        funrideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Shhhhhh... don´t write it so loud big_smile, she´s near and I don´t want her to listen tongue.

I was joking but it´s true that now since I have got two women at home (wife and daughter) I really don´t want more. There are already enough babes arguing each other in my house lol.

In the other hand it´s also true that there is at least 6 or 7 women for each man roll big_smile...

2. Misha profile image63

I just said I think polygamy should be legalized - and I think I said it nicely smile There was another comment from Jenny which also disappeared big_smile And link to discussion of the topic on Mixx: http://www.mixx.com/stories/220785/poly … o_colorado

Ha! I knew that you were mixing it up LOL! smile

15. SunSeven profile image61

Perhaps in the line of' 'How to wear a false beard' or 'How to make a false beard'? !! smile smile ROTFL

PS: Don't cry Mark

16. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

LOL She removed this comment finally smile

17. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 16 years ago

There were no weird comments on my hub.  I was just cleaning it up.  The comments you made on my hub were not exactly nice yesterday.  Misha, I think you could have talked to me about this directly rather than making fun of me on the forum.  You have hurt my feelings several times.  After showing my comments to a friend she suggested I delete all the comments from yesterday as it appeared you just were trying to argue with me.  If you do not agree with me I suggest you write your own article about why polygamy should be legalized smile  Also, I am not being defensive, but I feel picking on someone just to get a laugh is not cool.  I read two books on the subject and I had lots of good information to offer on the topic.  Another lady I work with also read extensively on the subject before I wrote my hub. We discussed the topic at length and I really thought out this hub. Making fun of someone for deleting comments they choose to delete is not cool.  Everyone else seemed to have made constructive comments on the hub up until yesterday.  I just do not make it a practice to go to peoples hubs and poke fun.  You really hurt peoples feelings and it is not nice.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

This is true.  The way I originally saw it, the comment was completely random.  Now that I know there were other comments, it does seem to really be making fun of you.

SweetiePie - I enjoyed your hub.

Misha write a hub?  That would be shocking.

1. Misha profile image63

LOL Stacie, and I thought for a moment our recent tendency to agree went beyond just dislike of spammers big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Misha - seventy five bucks. That seems to be the going rate big_smile

I never delete comments that disagree with what I have written. Which is quite a lot LOL big_smile

But, if sweetie pie wants to delete them.......

And if Misha wants to make fun of that......

2. Misha profile image63

Sweetie Pie,

If you feel a need to delete all comments that do not agree to your case, it just shows how weak your case is.

And again, I think I was nice, I just stated my disagreement with your premise without any offense or personal attacks. If you want to prove this was not the case, you have to approve my comments back smile

Jenny is one of the nicest persons on these forums, and she was nice this time, too - but you disabled her comment anyway - because she did not agree to you.

It is definitely your right to control comments on your hubs - but then this is my right to point out that the leftover of your clean-up looked funny.

I definitely could talk to you directly and privately - but I did not feel like that after you deleted my comments publicly without telling me a word in private. I think you can understand why smile

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That is fine.  However, in the future please do not post my link on the forums for your amusement.

18. SweetiePie profile image83

Thank you Stacie.  I appreciate constructive comments on the hub, but the ones yesterday were deleted because it was just getting out of hand.

19. SweetiePie profile image83

What does seventy-five dollars have to do with this?  Now this is getting confusing.

Some one is offering to write hubs for people for $75.

Which I think is funny all on it's own big_smile

You are quite entitled to delete your negative comments, but I find that counterproductive myself. I prefer to make my point and accept that some will disagree.

Stacie - not going to underbid you big_smile  I would never do that to a fellow hubber big_smile

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_3_4.gif

1. Misha profile image63

LOL I have a cheaper source for text anyway, and pics I think I can do myself tongue

If seriously - we can ask Jenny to write a hub on this, she will do it thousand times better than me conveying pretty much the same message I would smile

Nah - You need a man's point of view for this one. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_3_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_3_4.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_3_4.gif

And think of the photos big_smile

1. Misha profile image63

ROFL

2. Misha profile image63

Here is an interesting view from a woman smile http://hubpages.com/hub/LUSTANDLOVE Not exactly on polygamy, but close...

2. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think $75 is just to set it up. There's another fee to actually have the hub written from my understanding.

Also, I agree that everyone is entitiled to delete negative comments, but what's the point to delete comments that are opposite of your opinion. I've had many of my own deleted about a particular topic just because they were against the hubber's views, even though I did pose a good arguement with real data and stories.

I think by letting all comments through whether for or against your opinions, you let readers create their own opinions. The only comments I delete are the nasty rude comments and the duplicate comments where people post the exact same question twice.

Really? - Holy crap. No offense to anyone, but I haven't seen many hubs I would pay $75 for let alone more for (my own included) But then - I am a writer, not an internet marketer big_smile

I agree with you on the comments. I delete the spam, but it's crazy to think yours is the only point of view. Plus - I like a good argument. big_smile

1. Whitney05 profile image82
            Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

I believe that one particular hubber charges $75 set-up fee and a $90 fee to "hire" her for a "good" hub that only takes her about 30 minutes to complete with title, tags, pictures, and content. Now, that's a steal. Ha

I think arguments can be healthy if all parties go at it unbiased and with an open mind. Many of the arguments on HP though go at it from a "I'm right not matter what you say" point of view, which is how many comments get deleted especially when they actually prove a point against the hubber's views.

No offense to Sweetie Pie because I didn't get a chance to read any of the deleted comments, so I don't know how that were worded or why exactly they were deleted. That's just my view from personal experiences.

20. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

To each his or her own, right?

Mark, I'll beat you by offering $70.

SweetiePie - it is a reference to another thread.  It isn't making fun of you.

21. SweetiePie profile image83

I did not think Mark was, I was just curious what the seventy-five dollars was about.  Thanks for clearing that up Stacie.

22. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 16 years ago

Sweetie pie, thread is found here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/4404

23. SweetiePie profile image83

Thanks WeddingConsultant

24. SweetiePie profile image83

These are good points and I did try to get the comments back, and now they are gone and I cannot get them back.  However, my friend suggested I do this last night as she thought the comments in question were not conducive to the discussion on the hub.  If I do not agree with someone I always find one or two good points about their hub instead of just disagree.  It shows I read the hub and thought about what they had to say.

25. Mark Knowles profile image59

I predict another deleted account. 10/9/8/7......

26. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

LOL - talking about photos tongue

27. Jykeith Comal profile image61
    Jykeith Comalposted 16 years ago

At one point I had so many....Now "there can only be one" LOL. That woman is going to kill me for posting that hub about cheating LOL...I must be getting old

28. firetown profile image60
    firetownposted 16 years ago

I'be been cheated on before so I kinda feel like it's good to be with just one and make the best out of it. Seriously, you can talk your girl into having a 3 some with her friend or whatever, and she may do it for you, but after that your relationship with her will never be the same.

29. MrMarmalade profile image70
    MrMarmaladeposted 16 years ago

There are a couple of times when I post the same comment twice.
    The fingers do not do exactly what the brain tells them do. A bit like some hubbers.
    It does annoy me that the Originators of the hub,
    wants to check it out first. Who are thesae almighty hubbers.?
    I also like to get my spelling correct and become frustrated when this is denied to me.

30. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

Satori's explanation of the difference between polygamy and polyamory disappeared, too.

My comment was not even controversial - I said the issue was the abuse, not the number of wives, and that's where law enforcement should be focusing.

It looks like this particular Hubber is not open to anyone deviating even a tiny bit from her chosen line of argument when making comments - just deletes any comment that doesn't totally agree with her 100%.

Well, people have a right to do that, of course, but they lose my respect - and my willingness to participate in comment discussions on their Hubs - when they do.

It is far better in my book to respond to comments you disagree with than to delete them.

But hey, if people want to use HP as a propaganda platform, it's a free cybercountry.

Jenny

31. MrMarmalade profile image70
    MrMarmaladeposted 16 years ago

Have not read much of the hub, but agree with Jenny.
    You can post what you like surely we can disagree.

32. SweetiePie profile image83

Can we please close this discussion here?  I did try to get the comments back, but they would not come back.  I am open to other discussions, but the way it was worded it came across as only criticizing.  Also, originally for someone to make fun of me in the forum was not fun.  I am sensitive and it hurt my feelings, and I would never would make someone in a forum.  There is no point and it is not good for a sense of community.  It was very disrespectful to make fun of someone in a forum and it shows people need to consider others feelings.  As I said before people can email me privately about this matter if they want to discuss it.  So if you can all please stop and think about it for a second this entire thing hurt my feelings.  I am open to anyone making another comment if they want since several people got so mad about the issue, but please no more bringing this up.  Please close it here.  I would never question someone if they deleted my comments, I am shocked people are bringing this up again and again.

One more thing, Satori's explanation is still there.  I know I am a nice and open person, but I do not have to defend myself in this forum.  However, as I said before the comments were not positive towards my hub and good friend suggested I delete them.  She saw how upset I was about the issue and she pointed out that they were not conducive to the hub.  I think maybe this has gone to far at this point.  Any further questions about this issue can be addressed in an email to me as I am human with feelings, not someone that wishes to be belittled in the forum.  Another suggestion is for someone to write a hub about how polygamy should be legalized in western countries if they feel that their argument is so much stronger than mine.

1. Misha profile image63

I was going to refrain from posting here, but you keep adding and adding to your last post.

I just want to inform you that other people here - surprise! - have feelings, too. And this was yours first abuse of other people feelings. It was very disrespectful to delete comments of people who tried to discuss the topic with you.

Also, it IS very disrespectful to repeat that comments were "only criticizing" when you cannot prove it. It hurts feeling of the people who made those comments. And hurts feelings of people who read those comments when they were available and know comments were insightful.

However, nobody got mad about the issue except for yourself. Get over it. This is a public forum, and people are free to have opinions different from yours. And people are free to bring up any topic they feel like discussing. And to discuss this topic in any form they think viable, public or private, as long as this form does not break the rules of the forums.

1. lady luck profile image69
        lady luckposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You know, like YOU should talk about respecting people. HA. Who are you to play principle of the hub forums? Get off it.

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69

Yes.  The best way to do this is to stop posting in this thread.

Every hubber has the right to do with their comments what they want - and SweetiePie chose to do what she wants, so there is no need to discuss it further (even if some don't agree with handling comments that way).

SweetiePie, my advice is just to drop it.  Misha likes to always be right (most of us know that by now big_smile), but probably will let it go if we all just move on.  Let's let this thread die. 

P.S. I think you guys mean "principal" not "principle."

Staci you are also right.  Thanks for the advice.

1. Misha profile image63

Can't you just listen to Stacie's advice and stop posting? If you really want this thread to die?

Stacie, I think she secretly enjoys publicity wink

I hope youre not suggesting that I enjoy the publicity. Your little facetious comments might not cause such a  commotion if you elaborated on what you're talking about and not have passive aggressive little INSIDE jokes with people on the forums just to try to prove that you have a little army behind you.

33. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

I don't "play principle". I'm just having fun big_smile

34. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Sweetie Pie, it is you option to delete whichever comments you'd like, so just keep that in mind. But, also remember by allowing a comment box to appear, you can expect that you'll get 1) comments in agreeance, 2) comments in complete non-agreeance, and 3) spam. You just have to decide which to show.

As, I've mentioned before I accept all except those that are derrogatory or spam, even if they are negative to my hub and disagree with it. Now, if the comments said something like "you hub sucks. you're an idiot. you can't write." etc... Then I'd delete that, but if it said 'this is why I think you're wrong,' then I'd leave that one just as long as it didn't continue with anything derrogatory and mean. See the difference in what is actually negative to the hub and the hub's content?

Again, I have NO clue what the comments said. Just trying to be helpful.

You are making a good point and I do agree.  At this point I wish I had never deleted the comments, but I also wish that the people making the fuss could just say sorry if what they said came across wrong.  I will say here all is forgotten on my part, but if someone still has a serious issue with this go ahead and make the commenton the hub.  I will not delete them.

Did you delete comments people made on YOUR hub? Whats all of the fuss about? ITS  YOUR HUB DO WHAT   YOU WANT.

Ive noticed some people spend a little TOO much time on hub pages so I wouldnt take it personally.

lady luck wrote:

Thank you for pointing that out also smile

35. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

OK, it's almost 1 am and I'm heading to bed. We can continue tomorrow if you would like big_smile

Good night and sweet dreams everybody smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)