Questions about Adsense Programs

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 16 years ago

I subscribed to one of those "Make Money With Adsense Emailers" and I have to say I've got some interesting marketing emails from them about making up to 2-3,000 a day.
    Is this pie in the sky stuff?
    Or do you think some of these people might really have good tips and tricks for using adsense?
    I don't mind investing in something if it's really worthwhile but there are so many scam artists out there.........

1. Lissie profile image76
      Lissieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You need to find out what they are spending to make that revenue: possible 2,000 3,000 a day in Adwords (ie the advertisor side of Adsense) - be very careful! 

Think about 2,000 / day = $720,000 p.a. - why would they be bothered selling the $99.95 ebook if they were making that level of profit?

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

You can make a living with adsense, but it takes time to master. In the range of years.

1. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Well it's definitely something I need to look into- it will be useful for helping other businesses I work with too- I know there is the learning curve, and it will take time to understand -but good for the long haul.

3. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 16 years ago

To make that kind of money in the short term, you'd have to either be doing Adsense arbitrage (which is actually against the adsense terms of service and thousands of accounts have been shut over it) or some kind of blackhat link building activity -- which can also get you shut down in a heartbeat. It would also generally require a lot of web real estate, i.e hundreds if not thousands of pages.

I personally don't think there's a single Adsense book out there that has anything useful to say that you can't learn on Google's own pages about their program.

Relying on Adsense as a main source of income is just not really wise anyway. It requires a massive amount of effort for paltry returns and Google is just far too whimsical with the rule changes and account banning. It is best to build your business around something else (physical or digital products and/or services) and think of Adsense as pocket change, an additional revenue stream, but not the main revenue stream.

4. profile image0
    terrygposted 16 years ago

I have a somewhat different view. I know a bit about adsense and anyone else with a rep account will understand.

There's the hype that if you have one site earning one dollar a day then build one hundred sites to make one hundred dollars a day. OK one hundred times domain name rego and hosting equals about $65.00 each a year. Thats not good business. (it takes a lot of work to stay on page 1).

What you do is build your own sites, not blogs unless it is paid hosting, and pick your subject. I went for self esteem and got nowhere but when I went "teenagers improve your self esteem", then guess what the happy clicking fingers did.

Thats the difference. You buy into a program thats duplicated and will NOT work. You do it all yourself and it WILL work. Save your money, build a website, put some good content on it that is not duplicate and watch the format of your site, such as colours positioning etc.

Traffic is what you need. For a special account with Adsense you need more than 500K maybe 250k uniques. But if you get 1k and 10% click through, thats enough for that site everyday. One or two of those is great, just duplicate it again with new content. Soon adds up.

Traffic comes from rss feeds, social bookmarking, articles and other not so secret stuff but never rely on search engines. I have traffic and 40% is from search engines and is basically useless. The other is 60% free traffic (not ppc or anything else), targeted traffic, and is a gem.

So in answer to your question, keep your money, target one site that you build, make it work and then do it again. Of all the ebooks and programs I have joined its the same theme, blend your ads, put them above the fold, left side right side, website generation programs, article compilers the lot. Same old same old. How many ways can you tell a dog to sit?

Sorry I rambled but you can do it for yourself.

5. dojimonster profile image60
    dojimonsterposted 15 years ago

great answer you gave there...never crossed my mind before smile especially about that happy clicking finger...think about those clicks!

6. SweetiePie profile image80
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Using yahoo bookmarks has resulting in a few more page views for me.  I am not talking about thousands or even hundreds, but it has brought a little bit more traffic over the last few days.

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Try Yahoo rss reader and share it. Then you will talk thousands a day. Submit the rss feed to a few rss directories and sit down and hang on tight. That is where the traffic is nowadays.

Heres a good hub from a very knowledgeable person: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Use-An-RSS-Feed

1. Dorsi profile image87
        Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Terry- that was next on my list- using RSS feeds. So much to learn!

7. SweetiePie profile image80
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I do both, but I found the yahoo bookmarks are effective also on their own.  The reason why is because people who upload their favorite bookmarked sites will search to see ones that are similar to theirs.  So it is effective to use both.  Some of my hubs do get lots of visits per day, but others do not.  Mostly I think it depends on how popular a topic is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)