dead space the ultimate rip off!!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. willsteele61 profile image60
    willsteele61posted 14 years ago

I waited for this game. I quite liked this game. Then I completed the game and realised that plot wise if not gameplay wise this game was a carbon copy of 'run like hell' on the ps2.

Now run like hell, let me tell you was awful. The game play was terrible, as were the graphics, as were the animation of the caracters. which was all in all suprising as RLH was meant to usher in the new age of 'movie like' games with a full all star cast featuing such stars as Bishop from aliens, byron hadley from shawshank redemption and the captain of star trek voyager.

Dead space however had it all, good game play, wonderful graphic and animation but plot they didnt quite have. The whole necromorph premise they took from RLH and threw in some marker plus a good measure of religoius zealotry for taste, and yes it did taste good. The love story and loss of love contradictory to traditional blockbusting save the girl plot lines airlifted straight from RLH. But the sad bit is that I didnt care. the game didnt move me. It sits gathering dust on my shelf. Run like hell, for all its faults did move me, it gave a sense of time, and depth, and despair. Dead space will make you jump, but it wont make you sad, and the music isnt as good either.

The really depressing thing about the entire saga is the pregame comic released online. it was crudely made, crudely drawn, and so eleoquently and wonderfully done I devoured it in one sitting, the prerealease film was dire but for anybody looking for half an hours enjoyment I severely advise the dead space animation featuring 'bram newman' (an infinitely better name for a hero no?).

So thats the sad part, someone somewhere wrote this much more thrilling and captivating story and was passed over, the story of Bram and the colony relegated to dully scrolling backstory in the main game which nobody bothers to read. dead space tried to take on RLH and failed in my opinion, they had something fresh and they wasted it and a wealth of story and character was lost, consigend to one last voice clip on the last level. In all stories you should come in as late as possible thats true...but you definately shouldnt come in in the sequel.

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but it sounds like it would make a better hub than post?

1. willsteele61 profile image60
      willsteele61posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just joined this site 40 minites ago and am completely lost. excuse my uselessness.

3. DavidHill76 profile image60
    DavidHill76posted 14 years ago

I agree that Dead Space was a terrible, rip-off of a game.

But I am not familiar with RLH.

4. dyonder profile image72
    dyonderposted 14 years ago

Yeah, willsteele61, the premise, idea of Dead Space was similar to RLH; prettier, better executed, but similar. Me, I'm still waiting for the sequel (or even a re-release) of Parasite Eve.

1. bulletbutter profile image62
      bulletbutterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I played parasite eve and found it to be a horrible game. I made it all the way through to the end where I ran out of bullets and couldn't find a way back to get more ammo.

Unless you're talking about a particular system, I am pretty sure they made a Parasite Eve 2 as well. http://psx.ign.com/articles/163/163208p1.html

1. dyonder profile image72
        dyonderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Should've put I wanted a sequel to Parasite Eve 2. The first one did suck - they smoothed some of the issues out the second time around.

1. Dangazzm profile image74
          Dangazzmposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Resident Evil with XP, and money. Was so epic back in the day... I too would like a game like this, as long as they don't radically change it like what happened to Resident Evil 5... I like that old fashion game play. It was really scary back then big_smile

Ok, sorry back on topic! Great post, lots of information I didn't know thats for sure HUB, HUB, HUB!

5. Dread348 profile image61
    Dread348posted 14 years ago

As a completely useless opinion on the matter since I haven't played any of the games mentioned other then Dead space.  I payed attention to this game for years and I thought the Dead space experience as a whole was an interesting package.  I bought the game played it and it left me with wanting to know more of the story.  I watched the "animated graphic novel" crappy movie thing that took pictures out of the graphic novel and narrated them.  I was intrigued and bought the graphic novel which shed fed some more into the holes in the story line of the game.  Being that I was still interested I watched the animated movie.  It is horrible....but come on the lightsaber chainsaws are awesome!  I feel like the game re-introduced the horror survival genre when Resident Evil 5 clearly dropped the ball.  I think the game was well executed graphically with enough story line to make me want to search for all of the videologs and audiologs.  The end boss was lame at best but I enjoyed the entire package.  (Side note: is the Wii lightgun style worth it?)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)