Let the Teens do it...

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I’ve noticed in the last few weeks, that there are quite a number of Teenagers below 18yrs, who are expressing an interest in writing. Some have had to leave, (with the intention of coming back when they are of age).

How about if HP had a Sub website like HubTeens/Hubpage Teens? As they can’t sign up for Adsense, HP can still put Adsense on the website and maybe give them $5 at the end of the month or something else. There’s so much talent out there.
    (Oh! Strictly No Adult Content allowed).

What say you?

2. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I think that's a terrific idea!  Reading, writing, composition and being creative should be encouraged, especially amongst our younger teens.  Imagine how high they could soar if they were given a medium and an outlet to write freely and open.  You have my vote for this!

3. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

As long as they realize this is not their livejournal or myspace then perhaps...:]

4. O B One profile image60
    O B Oneposted 14 years ago

They can easily find a way to HUB.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

They can write for Triond and get paid by pay pal. There are a few sites where they can write freely and earn some money.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is awsome! I had assumed that they would have to be of age. I will let my granddaughter know. smile
      Thank you. smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A never-ending fount of info, you!
      I'm going to pass this along as well!

As for a teen version of hubpages, it might be a terrific resource in addition to Triond that uninvited told us about. Competition surely does improve things on the whole. I would be all for a teen version of hp.

3. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They can also write on Helium if they're at least 13; and Helium's forum has a special section for teen views.  There are also "teen views" articles.   

I think a teen section is a nice thing, but I do kind of like the "main" HubPages to be for adults.  I have mixed feelings about it, because I don't - in theory - want to exclude teens; but there are so many places online aimed specifically at teens (or at least that welcome them as equals), it's kind of nice to have a site that focuses on the over-18 set.

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I would prefer this place to stay adult only, it is one of the things that sets it apart from the rest and makes it enjoyable. Besides, you probably do not realize how much legal and business hassle it is for HP to start dealing in clients' money. Not sure return will justify it. smile

7. affiliategypsy profile image58
    affiliategypsyposted 14 years ago

You are right.  There is a lot of talent in our younger generation.  I am really divided though whether HubPages should sway on their rules. 

Maybe we could have a junior section or something like that.

But yes we dont want to turn it into a place where all the teens are just chatting back and forth to each other.

8. loveofnight profile image75
    loveofnightposted 14 years ago

i like the idea of them having a place to express themselves and develop skills,besides they spend more money than i do

9. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

More power to 'em! Wow...if only there had been a HubPages on the internet...when I was a wee lad!

10. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Teens can find ways around everything. If they have the incentive to Hub on Hubpages and make money doing so.

~thranax~

11. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

Writing for many teens is a great way to express themselves so any way they can is great

12. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

A HubPages Junior sounds fine.  But instead of paying them, perhaps they can write and get points towards something they like, such as an iphone or music, etc.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wherever they write, I think they ought to be paid in money.  I'd rather my son or daughter be able to earn part-time by writing than be denied money because he was young.  If there's a young person who has good writing skill there's nothing like first-hand experience and practice at learning how to use it to make real money.  smile  I think a lot of them wouldn't bother if they didn't think they could get money, and writing is always a constructive way to spend some time.

13. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Thanks for your comments everyone - particularly Uninvited Writer and Lisa HW who gave websites where teens can write and be rewarded for it. I never knew that. Thanks for sharing.

So, Hubbers, if you notice an Under 18 in HP, refer them to: Trion and Helium.  smile

14. Jane Dee Summers profile image61
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

Good idea Lady E, you have my full support.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)