i need your opinion

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)
  1. bipolar girl profile image61
    bipolar girlposted 14 years ago

Hey folks im looking for some advice on my hub pages its taking forever to gather some fans so plz have a look and let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. shamelabboush profile image51
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

Make your hubs lively a bit. Add some illustrative photos, arrange your article in more than one capsule. Your hubs are fine, but it is hard to read. Good luck.

3. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

You are bravely sharing a great deal of yourself here and that is to be commended.
    My Hub pages are fluff compared to yours.
    I would be honored to be your fan.

4. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I think a lot has to do with the variety. I know you just got here, but it's only about your personal experiences (or a story) about bipolar disease. The first hub seems to be your story which is fine. But it's a bit all over the place and has some consistent errors.

"Id spent the past year swinging from the rafters and living life at one hundred miles per hour, i slept very little and laughed constantly, i had boundless energy and my houghts were rapid, but i enjoyed every second of it. I was fun to be around, people enjoyed my company, others thought i was slightly crazy, i found this hillarious because for the first time in the whole 13 years of life i felt completly sane!"

A lot of the sentences are run-ons.

You could take the first sentence and split it like:
    I'd spent the past year swinging from the rafters and living life at one hundred miles per hour. I would hardly sleep but laughed constantly. At the same time, I enjoyed it as I had boundless energy and my thoughts were rapid.

This is just a quick reconstruction of the sentences. Not only did I seperate phrases and made new sentences I add transition phrases like "But, and At the same time..."

It makes the paragraph read more smoothly and connects it.

You may also want to make seperate articles about what bipolar treatments they are, or warning signs of the illness. Some informative hubs to go along with your personal stories.

Perhaps writing about other interests or things in your life to, to widen your audience!smile

bipolar girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice i see what you mean about the sentences didnt really notice it until u pointed it out. in terms of writing about other things i only really started this to write about bipolar it's a huge thing in my life and unfortunatly with bipolar it's ongoing it's a life long condition. Soz if the hubs bore some people but in all fairness bipolar isnt a fun subject. Thanks for all the advice and constructive critisism it helps.

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I don't know yet, yer name kinda scares me, no offense but maybe you should redo that? Nevertheless, here I come.

bipolar girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do i change my username? Still not got the hang of this thing yet lol.

6. lisakprice profile image61
    lisakpriceposted 14 years ago

My sister was bipolar.  I would love to be your fan.  Check out my Hubs, and if you see something you like, I could use some more fans as well!

7. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

You have more fans then me sad lol

8. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

let me be your fan!

9. RedSonja94 profile image61
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

You've got more fans than I do for sure.  I wouldn't worry so much about getting fans as I would writing good hubs.  The fans will come after the hubs are written.  Just aim for good writing and keep your name seen in the forums so people will look at your pages more.  That's how I have gained fans. Just open up and talk a lot.  It doesn't matter if you don't agree with everyone on everything (trust me you won't) it's that you keep your name showing up.

10. bipolar girl profile image61

Thanks for that

11. bipolar girl profile image61

Thanks for that, can you talk about anything on here? stilll trying to get the hang of it lol.

12. RedSonja94 profile image61
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

If there isn't a post already started on it...start one.  The hubber's handout is for things that really don't fit into other categories.  Otherwise pick a category that goes along with your topic and go to town.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)